Preventative shots

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
FreeYourMind
Freshman Poster

Preventative shots

Post by FreeYourMind »

I'm finally going to take the plunge, visiting Thailand and the Philippines shortly. It'll be my first trip overseas.

My doctor said something about getting some shots before I leave to avoid certain contagious diseases. Do any of you veteran travelers to Asia do that? Sounds unnecessary but at the same time I don't want my trip to be messed up by getting sick from something if it can be avoided. Any input is appreciated.
odbo
Veteran Poster

Post by odbo »

I've never gotten malaria or anything like that but all I can say is stay the f**k away from vaccines. They don't work, period. Whether they're for your pets or for you. Research their history (like the bullshit polio vaccine). More importantly than being at least partly junk science they contain toxins like mercury and are a risk in themselves. ESPECIALLY in these times when certain agendas are being pushed in plain sight, (the wolf is shedding its sheep's clothes) and there are non of the safety nets nor [perceived] accountability of prior decades. Just look at this as a few examples:

It doesn't matter that you're a grown adult, they're not safe.

Get plenty of Vitamin D (the sun), get plenty of sleep, drink water, don't compromise your immune system by stressing out needlessly or consuming lots of sugar, and take a vitamin C tablet every morning when you're around a lot of people, and you won't ever get any flu. For protection against less preventable things, look into alternative medicine like colloidal silver. I've talked with people that claimed they cured themselves of aids with such treatments. It's not all snake-oil, in fact the stuff that works is usually free.

Don't listen to big pharma prostitutes aka medical doctors. Even the good natured doctors can't help but be pawns in the game. STAY AWAY from their pills and advice. If you can't, then stay away from hospitals and clinics all together unless you get into a car accident and need your face put back together, or are you want some tests done (actual science) to see if you have a vitamin deficiency, etc.

Mr S
Veteran Poster

Post by Mr S »

LinuxOnly wrote:I've never gotten malaria or anything like that but all I can say is stay the f**k away from vaccines. They don't work, period. Whether they're for your pets or for you. Research their history (like the bullshit polio vaccine). More importantly than being at least partly junk science they contain toxins like mercury and are a risk in themselves. ESPECIALLY in these times when certain agendas are being pushed in plain sight, (the wolf is shedding its sheep's clothes) and there are non of the safety nets nor [perceived] accountability of prior decades. Just look at this as a few examples:

It doesn't matter that you're a grown adult, they're not safe.

Get plenty of Vitamin D (the sun), get plenty of sleep, drink water, don't compromise your immune system by stressing out needlessly or consuming lots of sugar, and take a vitamin C tablet every morning when you're around a lot of people, and you won't ever get any flu. For protection against less preventable things, look into alternative medicine like colloidal silver. I've talked with people that claimed they cured themselves of aids with such treatments. It's not all snake-oil, in fact the stuff that works is usually free.

Don't listen to big pharma prostitutes aka medical doctors. Even the good natured doctors can't help but be pawns in the game. STAY AWAY from their pills and advice. If you can't, then stay away from hospitals and clinics all together unless you get into a car accident and need your face put back together, or are you want some tests done (actual science) to see if you have a vitamin deficiency, etc.

Ditto! I think if you are healthy and eat natural foods and take vitamins you should be okay. I've traveled around all parts of Asia and I've never had any issues other than the occasional diarrhea because of eating some bad food and the typical colds from time to time.
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." Marcus Aurelius, Roman Emperor and stoic philosopher, 121-180 A.D.
keius
Freshman Poster

Post by keius »

Make sure you purchase diarrhea pills from the US and not local.
Stick to reputable bottled water. Otherwise boiled water.
And even though you might never use them, purchase some water purification dissolvable tablets from an outdoors shop. They make the water taste funky but better safe than sorry. It really depends on where you'll be traveling. Also bring some common medication/pills with you. I always kept a stash of junk like "coldwar" dietary supplement, tylenol, cold meds, mini first aid kit, etc.
Nothing sucks worse than getting sick during this kind of vacation. I personally used quite a number of health supplements for when i traveled.

EDIT: and yeah....i never bothered with shots when traveling. Don't personally know anyone who's bothered with shots either.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Preventative shots

Post by momopi »

FreeYourMind wrote:I'm finally going to take the plunge, visiting Thailand and the Philippines shortly. It'll be my first trip overseas.

My doctor said something about getting some shots before I leave to avoid certain contagious diseases. Do any of you veteran travelers to Asia do that? Sounds unnecessary but at the same time I don't want my trip to be messed up by getting sick from something if it can be avoided. Any input is appreciated.

Hepatitis A/B shots. Pack some "N-9 free" condoms.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hepatitis_B_in_China
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Preventative shots

Post by Winston »

momopi wrote:
FreeYourMind wrote:I'm finally going to take the plunge, visiting Thailand and the Philippines shortly. It'll be my first trip overseas.

Hepatitis A/B shots. Pack some "N-9 free" condoms.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hepatitis_B_in_China
Are you recommending that he get some Hepatitis A and B shots? Why? Cause Big Pharma and the doctors say so? Vaccines are not as safe as they say. Did you know that?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne