Dating Middle Class Filipinas?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
mentor
Freshman Poster

Re: Dating Middle Class Filipinas

Post by mentor »

A girl asked me in DateinAsia:
'So, why Asia?'

I did not respond as I do not know what is the best answer!
What should I tell to asians that ask such question?
Why a foreigner search for a girl in Asia?
There should be a good answer.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Balmung
Freshman Poster

Post by Balmung »

mentor wrote:A girl asked me in DateinAsia:
'So, why Asia?'

MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

mentor wrote:A girl asked me in DateinAsia:
'So, why Asia?'

You could tell her a lot of women in the west focus on their careers and don't get really serious about marriage until they are nearly 30. You could say Filippinas tend to be very family-oriented. If you are a marriage oriented guy, that's a fair response. If not, then that's being a con man, I suppose. If you are looking for a wife, an answer like that might increase a family-oriented girl's interest in you.

You could also tell her you are attracted to Asian women and like Filippina (etc.) culture so much. Just think of the reasons for you, and explain them in a positive light.

You could even say, "White women over here don't find me attractive, but Filippinas seem to like me." Why not? If you say it in a joking way, it may work and may not sound pathetic.

I struggled to find answers to 'why aren't you married.' I thought it was kind of a rude question if it wasn't from a woman interested in me. I would say I haven't found the right person yet. But I was thinking of saying, "I'm too ugly. No one will have me." If you say that to a girl who finds you attractive, you might get some complements. And if you say it as a joke, it can work.
mentor
Freshman Poster

Post by mentor »

Thanks for the responses MrMan and Balmung.
mentor
Freshman Poster

Post by mentor »

My mind goes around the whole 'money' concept, the 'help to her family'.
Many thoughts arise from it.

For example: is it almost binding, the family opinion? Can a girl decide differently?
If the family is not satisfied with 'money matters', will they block the girl from a progress in our relationship?
Or there are filipinas that will go on with their own heart?
I know that the good relation with her family is the ideal thing.
But, I want some assumptions about a negative family attitude due to 'money' topic.
davewe
Experienced Poster

Post by davewe »

mentor wrote:My mind goes around the whole 'money' concept, the 'help to her family'.
Many thoughts arise from it.

For example: is it almost binding, the family opinion? Can a girl decide differently?
If the family is not satisfied with 'money matters', will they block the girl from a progress in our relationship?
Or there are filipinas that will go on with their own heart?
I know that the good relation with her family is the ideal thing.
But, I want some assumptions about a negative family attitude due to 'money' topic.
I think several guys married to Filipinas have weighed in already. While there is no 100% definitive answer on everything, I think everyone has told you that family is everything in the Philippines and that is likely to include some form of financial help. Expect it and then if you don't get requests you will be pleasantly surprised.

Now her desire to help her family is a different issue from whether she has a bad or demanding family. You certainly have the right to tell her that her brother wanting you to buy a motorcycle for him is a no-no.

Once you get boots on the ground and see the dynamic you will understand better. Frankly, overall I view it as a positive. The way she treats her parents is indicative of the way she will treat you. If you find a Pinay who doesn't give a damn about her parents it would be a real red flag for me.
mentor
Freshman Poster

Post by mentor »

davewe wrote:
I think several guys married to Filipinas have weighed in already. While there is no 100% definitive answer on everything, I think everyone has told you that family is everything in the Philippines and that is likely to include some form of financial help. Expect it and then if you don't get requests you will be pleasantly surprised.

Now her desire to help her family is a different issue from whether she has a bad or demanding family. You certainly have the right to tell her that her brother wanting you to buy a motorcycle for him is a no-no.

Once you get boots on the ground and see the dynamic you will understand better. Frankly, overall I view it as a positive. The way she treats her parents is indicative of the way she will treat you. If you find a Pinay who doesn't give a damn about her parents it would be a real red flag for me.

I like this balanced approach.
mentor
Freshman Poster

Post by mentor »

Regarding the help of the family, what do you think it's better, for my case:
wait for her to open this discussion, or take the initiative and start first (after the first conversations of course), to have a clear image rather soon?
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MarcosZeitola »

mentor wrote:Regarding the help of the family, what do you think it's better, for my case:
wait for her to open this discussion, or take the initiative and start first (after the first conversations of course), to have a clear image rather soon?
You should be honest with her. I told my wife, when we met and fell in love: I want to be with you. I want to have a future with you. I want us to have our own family, realize our own dreams. And we will focus on those dreams, before we focus on the dreams you have for your parents. You want to give them a better life, you want to sacrifice for them as they sacrificed for you to get the education and upbringing you received... but our first priority will be ourselves. We will help them when we can, but some of the big things you had in mind will have to wait.

That is what I told her. We agreed on this. I have helped out financially, not just to provide for the upkeep of my wife and daughter but also for the tuition of my sister-in-law who is going to college, on occasion. I have helped out one of her grandparents when there was an emergency. And I have also paid off a few loans. I did not spend all of my savings on them, but a portion of the money I made has been spent on my in-laws and their immediate relatives. They are good, honorable people and never betrayed my trust. After a few bad investments and financial woes, I was able to help out and gladly did. They got back on their feet and have not asked for help ever since.

I helped them, because when my wife and I are old we may need the help of our children. What sort of an example would we set if we let our parents down when they needed us most? Not just for their sake, or your wife's, for your OWN sake you should reconsider your stance my friend.
On "Faux-Tradionalists" and why they're heading nowhere: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=37&t=29144
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Post by OutWest »

MarcosZeitola wrote:
mentor wrote:Regarding the help of the family, what do you think it's better, for my case:
You should be honest with her. I told my wife, when we met and fell in love: I want to be with you. I want to have a future with you. I want us to have our own family, realize our own dreams. And we will focus on those dreams, before we focus on the dreams you have for your parents. You want to give them a better life, you want to sacrifice for them as they sacrificed for you to get the education and upbringing you received... but our first priority will be ourselves. We will help them when we can, but some of the big things you had in mind will have to wait.

That is what I told her. We agreed on this. I have helped out financially, not just to provide for the upkeep of my wife and daughter but also for the tuition of my sister-in-law who is going to college, on occasion. I have helped out one of her grandparents when there was an emergency. And I have also paid off a few loans. I did not spend all of my savings on them, but a portion of the money I made has been spent on my in-laws and their immediate relatives. They are good, honorable people and never betrayed my trust. After a few bad investments and financial woes, I was able to help out and gladly did. They got back on their feet and have not asked for help ever since.

I helped them, because when my wife and I are old we may need the help of our children. What sort of an example would we set if we let our parents down when they needed us most? Not just for their sake, or your wife's, for your OWN sake you should reconsider your stance my friend.
There is also such a thing as an ungenerous compulsive tightwad....
mentor
Freshman Poster

Post by mentor »

Do they ask for regular help even in relationships with local filipino men?
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MarcosZeitola »

mentor wrote:Do they ask for regular help even in relationships with local filipino men?
Yes. It's cultural.
On "Faux-Tradionalists" and why they're heading nowhere: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=37&t=29144
The_Adventurer
Experienced Poster

Post by The_Adventurer »

So do Chinese. I don't know where some people get the idea that only Filipinos do that. I know Chinese guys in their 30's who won't get married yet because they know they must support their own parents and the wife's parents. I have a friend whose wife has a great job in the video game industry and they still fight because he doesn't give her money. She doesn't even need it! It's just cultural.
“Booty is so strong that there are dudes willing to blow themselves up for the highly unlikely possibility of booty in another dimension." -- Joe Rogan
smallcheese
Freshman Poster

Post by smallcheese »

The_Adventurer wrote:So do Chinese. I don't know where some people get the idea that only Filipinos do that. I know Chinese guys in their 30's who won't get married yet because they know they must support their own parents and the wife's parents. I have a friend whose wife has a great job in the video game industry and they still fight because he doesn't give her money. She doesn't even need it! It's just cultural.
This is very true. I used to be married to a Chinese woman and we sent $500 USD monthly to her parents, even though they didn't need it.

Winston may not realize this but if he ever finds and marries a Chinese woman, he will learn quickly what his reality will be. And that's not even taking into account what he will have to spend before getting married. :-)
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on January 20th, 2020, 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.