Dating Middle Class Filipinas?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
davewe
Experienced Poster

Re: Dating Middle Class Filipinas

Post by davewe »

mentor wrote:In any case, anybody could set his requirements in a filipina girl that he is interested in, set expectations from the beginning of their contacts,
and then see if she will accept them or not.
It's totally reasonable to establish requirements and set expectations but your requirements sound like a Burger King commercial, "Hold the parents, hold the kids..."

I don't think it much matters, since I doubt you're ever going to get to PI.
mentor
Freshman Poster

Post by mentor »

davewe wrote:
mentor wrote:In any case, anybody could set his requirements in a filipina girl that he is interested in, set expectations from the beginning of their contacts,
It's totally reasonable to establish requirements and set expectations but your requirements sound like a Burger King commercial, "Hold the parents, hold the kids..."

Set the right expectations from the start, less trouble later.

It is not necessary to visit ph.
I can get tickets to the chosen filipina to visit me.
davewe
Experienced Poster

Post by davewe »

mentor wrote:
davewe wrote:

Set the right expectations from the start, less trouble later.

It is not necessary to visit ph.
And the hits keep coming :)

You will never learn the culture without spending time in the Philippines and even getting to know her family. You ask all kinds of questions about what the culture is like and what the women believe in without doing the obvious - visit there.

As to the notion that you will simply buy a plane ticket and she will be on your doorstep - again it's a delusion. The girls don't have passports and getting a tourist Visa to most Western countries is a huge pain.

You ask questions, ignore the answers, which is why I am confident you will never do anything but post on a forum.

Since you now admit you have no desire to even visit the country whose women you are so interested in, commenting further is pointless.
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MarcosZeitola »

mentor wrote:It is not necessary to visit ph.
I love how you refer to your potential future wife as "the chosen Filipina", as if she somehow won the husband lottery for ending up with you. With all due respect, buddy, you sound like a compulsive tightwad, terrified of "overspending" on your wife & in-laws, terrified of responsibility, and hypocritically masquerading as a traditional Christian. You would not be compatible with the vast majority of Filipinas and, as Davewe already mentioned, you won't get anywhere without at least visiting the country.

Sorry to be harsh but I seriously doubt you'll be able to find what you are looking for. Everything I have read from you so far seems to suggest otherwise; that you set yourself up to fail, with your attitude, your requirements, and your methods.

Go for a woman in your own country, if your country is a Western, modern country. Supporting your in-laws and not having a family will be no issue for such a woman. You won't have to buy tickets, either. This is a forum geared towards spirits adventurous enough to travel abroad themselves. Not neccesarily for a permanent stay as it is not for all, but at the very least to try and see what it's like. The forum's name is specifically "Happier Abroad", and not "Happier with a woman from abroad". Something tells me you would not, in fact, be happier with a woman from abroad, and a woman from abroad would not be happier with you.

If I may give you one last tip, before I stop replying, it is this: stop making a big deal out of money. Loosen up your requirements. Acquaint yourself with the foreign countries you are looking to find a wife, and instead of paying the tickets of a woman you never met, buy tickets for YOURSELF and actually visit these countries, and these women. Even if you don't meet a single woman, just hop on a plane, go on a roadtrip. Explore different environments. Live a little. See the sun rise and go down an the other side of the world. Have some adventure. And meet and get to know the people your wife will be one of. Learn how they think, What foods they eat, what their culture is like...

The foundation of a good marriage in the Philippines is family. Family means EVERYTHING. You will meet with her father and mother. You will drink with her uncles, kiss the hands of her grandparents, sing Karaoke with her cousins, and have a laugh with her neighbors. You will set down with her father one night and give him "your assurance", promising you will take care of his daughter the best you can. You marry her, and you marry her family. And from there on out, you are one of them. You will help them where you can, and they will go to hell and back for you if they have to. This is the Filipino way. If this does not sound like your way, you are better of looking in another country, or close to home. Or perhaps marriage simply isn't for you.

If you truly are the traditional Christian man you claim to be, and want the traditional Christian life with the traditional Christian stay-at-home wife, that you claim you want... you have to think long and hard about what I just said. About what you want, and the implications of your choice. Because to me you sound like a guy who wants to "have his cake and eat it too". You want all the advantages of a traditional wife and marriage, but none of the responsibilities. And your primary focus seems to be on yourself and your own needs, as opposed to being a part of something bigger. As much as you say you are Christian, your posts reveal the true you to be very much the product of modern times. And this does not jive with a "simple" Filipina wife.
On "Faux-Tradionalists" and why they're heading nowhere: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=37&t=29144
HappyX10
Freshman Poster

Post by HappyX10 »

Can someone really be as naive and ignorant as mentor. You're not a mentor, you're the pupil. You will be schooled very fast by the type of women that will be "attracted" to the sad game you are playing. At best you will get a 2 and out. Thanks for the green card sucker
HappyX10
Freshman Poster

Post by HappyX10 »

Can someone really be as naive and ignorant as mentor. You're not a mentor, you're the pupil. You will be schooled very fast by the type of women that will be "attracted" to the sad game you are playing. At best you will get a 2 and out. Thanks for the green card sucker
mentor
Freshman Poster

Post by mentor »

You said all these against me, but I am thinking that I am just bothering the existing order....

Nobody can force me to do things I do not believe.
There are people who go there to just f@@ck girls, and even ruin them (pregnancy, abortions, sexual abuse, etc). Especially in Asia. Totally unacceptable of course, but they do exist and in vast numbers!
There are people who go all the way the traditional way. Good girl, family, follow all traditions, kids, marriage etc.
And there are others, like me, who want something else, as I described elsewhere. Respect, love, take care, etc, but also I have some conditions to set up. But no! This cannot be accepted here! I should be 'back to order'!

I hoped that we could have an open-minded discussion, and not 'you have to do this otherwise you are jerk' style.
The attack to me here, gives me the impression that anybody should 'agree' and 'accept' specific 'rules' or 'opinions' in order to be an honored member of this community.
It is a pity though.
davewe
Experienced Poster

Post by davewe »

mentor wrote:You said all these against me, but I am thinking that I am just bothering the existing order....

There are people who go there to just f@@ck girls, and even ruin them (pregnancy, abortions, sexual abuse, etc). Especially in Asia. Totally unacceptable of course, but they do exist and in vast numbers!
There are people who go all the way the traditional way. Good girl, family, follow all traditions, kids, marriage etc.
And there are others, like me, who want something else, as I described elsewhere. Respect, love, take care, etc, but also I have some conditions to set up. But no! This cannot be accepted here! I should be 'back to order'!

I hoped that we could have an open-minded discussion, and not 'you have to do this otherwise you are jerk' style.
The attack to me here, gives me the impression that anybody should 'agree' and 'accept' specific 'rules' or 'opinions' in order to be an honored member of this community.
It is a pity though.
This wasn't a discussion or debate between people who have similar experiences, since you have none. You asked and wanted answers to specific questions. People who have lived in the Philippines, traveled often to the Philippines, married or had serious relationships with Filipinas all gave you the answers you were asking for (on this and other threads). You choose to ignore the advise. While that is your right of course there no point in having this "open-minded discussion." You have no information to impart about the Philippines and Filipinas, therefore it's a one sided discussion. It's no different from an adult telling a 4 year old child that 2+2 = 4 and having the child scream that it equals 5. No sense in debating.
HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Post by HouseMD »

davewe wrote:
mentor wrote:You said all these against me, but I am thinking that I am just bothering the existing order....

It is a pity though.
This wasn't a discussion or debate between people who have similar experiences, since you have none. You asked and wanted answers to specific questions. People who have lived in the Philippines, traveled often to the Philippines, married or had serious relationships with Filipinas all gave you the answers you were asking for (on this and other threads). You choose to ignore the advise. While that is your right of course there no point in having this "open-minded discussion." You have no information to impart about the Philippines and Filipinas, therefore it's a one sided discussion. It's no different from an adult telling a 4 year old child that 2+2 = 4 and having the child scream that it equals 5. No sense in debating.
+1

He's mad delusional and doesn't understand the culture at all.
mentor
Freshman Poster

Post by mentor »

I appreciate the information given here and in other threads. If I thought I knew everything, I would not look here at all. But I know I miss information. How I estimate everything I read, is a matter of personal preference.
I reject the incrimination of alternative tactics and pathways (as mine) and I reject personal attacks.
HappyX10
Freshman Poster

Post by HappyX10 »

Uhh Mentorless, by chance are you a Mormon or a that Jehovah witness that knocked on my door last month? Seriously have you ever had a relationship with a female since 5th grade? Lastly have you ever had intimate relations with a woman. Sorry I have to ask all pertinent questions
Johnny1975
Experienced Poster

Post by Johnny1975 »

Mr S
Veteran Poster

Post by Mr S »

That's a pretty good synopsis of the classes in the Philippines, although I think it's a little dated but still relevant.
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." Marcus Aurelius, Roman Emperor and stoic philosopher, 121-180 A.D.
Raja
Freshman Poster

Post by Raja »

And I would guess most of those getting into the Filipino middle class are getting the C- class in the article. Maybe raised as a B before the family or a just a single member needing support has fallen on hard times
Dragon
Junior Poster

Post by Dragon »

mentor wrote:I appreciate the information given here and in other threads. If I thought I knew everything, I would not look here at all. But I know I miss information. How I estimate everything I read, is a matter of personal preference.
I reject the incrimination of alternative tactics and pathways (as mine) and I reject personal attacks.
This guy is a class A retard. $1 Quadrillion bet that he's going end up flying in a gold-digger/scam artist that will divorce-rape him.