Dating Middle Class Filipinas?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Dating Middle Class Filipinas?

Post by gsjackson »

publicduende wrote:
gsjackson wrote:Well, in my opinion, if this guy runs into a quality Phillippina he's got some significant personal presentation problems to overcome. Even the Phils have probably moved past the '70s look of shirt unbuttoned almost to the navel, with necklace. It's generally anathema to western women now. His facial hair, including eyebrows, is groomed to a metrosexual faretheewell. His voice inflexion is about one tic away from flaming gay. Judging from the upper body, he's quite skinny. The ear rings complete the feminine look. Phils women might well have some trouble identifying him as a man.

But what do I know about Asian women and their preferences? God knows Thailand was swarming with effeminate males. Apparently same deal in Japan.
Dude...sorry...no :-) There is nothing wrong with him, the way he speaks, looks or dresses. He's a fine specimen of young man who, a bit like me, tried to hit the combo of establishing himself business-wise and landing a top-quality Pinay bird.

Just as in my case, he found it easier to make inroads with the business that counts, than date the girl of his dreams. I am not making further comparisons not to sound preposterous, but I believe him when he says that - if the expectations are set where they should be - dating quality girls in the Philippines is way harder than, say, mainland China.

All in all, I think the Philippines will stay at the destination of choice for men who are prepared to give up any appreciable human quality found in a woman, in exchange for easy lays and the pleasure of hitting a girl 20, 30 years younger.

Again, pardon the cynicism but that's what it is.
Ooookay. If you say so. Different strokes for different folks. I wouldn't want to have to approach quality women with his persona, but maybe in person it comes off with a little more (male) sexual magnetism. He is a pretty decent looking guy, his voice may be only a tick of the dial from faggy, but it isn't quite there, and it's sharp and clear. He just presents as someone who wants to be looked at, as a woman would. Maximize your appearance, yes by all means, but try to hide the vanity a little. Of course, he is in show business, and the whole idea is getting people to look at you. One commenter suggested the video should be titled the problems of dating Phil. women when you're in show business.

But I really do have to insist on the unacceptability of shirts unbuttoned below the sternum. At least among US women, and from what I've seen in Europe. It's the go-to caricature look when somebody wants to send up the '70s.
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Post by chanta76 »

publicduende,

I never been to the Philippines but from reading post about it. This is what I gather. If your looking for p4p it's easy to find. If your looking for girlfriend regardless of back ground it is easy to find. If your looking for a higher quality girl who is educated and attractive is harder to find and you have to compete against local men for that girl. Am I correct?
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

Just a random David DiMuzio song, off YouTube.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkBTBryQVJs[/youtube]
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

chanta76 wrote:publicduende,

I never been to the Philippines but from reading post about it. This is what I gather. If your looking for p4p it's easy to find. If your looking for girlfriend regardless of back ground it is easy to find. If your looking for a higher quality girl who is educated and attractive is harder to find and you have to compete against local men for that girl. Am I correct?
Well stated.
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

publicduende wrote:Just a random David DiMuzio song, off YouTube.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkBTBryQVJs[/youtube]
OK, you're right. This guy shouldn't have any personal presentation problems with women. He just came across a little differently in the other video.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Filipina Pea talks to two older Filipinas about whether foreigners can date upper class Filipinas. What do you think @publicduende?

Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

Winston wrote:
April 6th, 2024, 11:46 am
Filipina Pea talks to two older Filipinas about whether foreigners can date upper class Filipinas. What do you think @publicduende?

Yeah, dating mature women is definitely a good option. Lots of foreigners do seek these kinds of women, as they abhor the idea of a relationship with a lady who doesn't possess the same levels of maturity as them.

The only problem is, at 40-something, unless they are upper class and know how to take care of themselves properly, they won't exactly have a body to write home about ;)
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

This video above is missing an important question: WHY are so many Western men coming and looking for a Filipina wife or Thai or Japanese or any other Asian woman?

This video below is explaining it, it's also a bit funny, but spot on.

The follow-up comments speak for themselves (almost 3000 follow-up comments)
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

This video is also fairly good, nice interviews...

also listen to the other side of the story, sounds really friendly, no hateful comments...
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

Why has she started to pimp girls online? Almost every one of her videos is about dating and sexual preferences of FIilipinas. This young lady is really intent on making money :-)
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

publicduende wrote:
April 7th, 2024, 12:03 am
Why has she started to pimp girls online? Almost every one of her videos is about dating and sexual preferences of FIilipinas. This young lady is really intent on making money :-)
A huge collection of videos, more than 600 or so... Philippines and also about her stay in USA...

I think she is dooing some business with that, offering advice for men in USA - and tries always to meet Western men (most of them from USA) in Philippines for interviews...

She is operating various channels and also asking for some money....

https://www.patreon.com/thefilipinapea

However, if you look around on Youtube there are now so many expats (many of them from USA), single or married with a Filipina and living somewhere in Philippines who are producing such videos nonstop on Youtube...

She is not alone on Youtube and is facing indeed a lot of competition.
Felsen
Freshman Poster

Post by Felsen »

Middle class and rich people everywhere are more likely to act spoiled and start judging others, just like the American women mentioned here.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

Yohan wrote:
April 7th, 2024, 6:33 am
However, if you look around on Youtube there are now so many expats (many of them from USA), single or married with a Filipina and living somewhere in Philippines who are producing such videos nonstop on Youtube...

She is not alone on Youtube and is facing indeed a lot of competition.
When Filipina Pea was creating videos about more serious topics, she surely had a lot less competition. In fact, she was the only one, if not the best one.

To give you an idea, she is the one who gave me the memo that my probationary Spouse (13a) visa had to be renewed after a year, to become permanent. Some idiot at the Immigration Office told me that the visa would automatically switch into permanent automatically. Not true at all. Turns out, I was too late to file for a renewal and had to downgrade to a Tourist visa (which I still possess). Yet, I need to thank one of her videos for the info.

The moment she goes into dating, sexual preferences and interviewing stereotypical Filipinas (the city, the province, young, not so young, etc.), she is indeed doing what dozens of other vloggers, mostly male, adult/senior foreigners, already do. Sure, she still has an edge because of her knowledge of her home culture and language. Yet, what she does is, as you say, more entertainment than factual value.

If I was one of these man sitting in their homes in Texas or Alabama, I would be wary of accepting the contents of these videos as a genuine take on reality.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

@publicduende

Is this true? This guy says that to date upper class Filipinas you just go to an expensive coffee shop for upper class people in the Philippines and make conversation with them. Yeah right. First, upper class Filipinas at the malls have a cold wall and aren't even approachable and won't even say hi or make eye contact with you. Second, they have an attitude as if they are Americanized and act like you aren't worth their time and look kinda stuck up.

Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

Winston wrote:
April 9th, 2024, 2:43 pm
@publicduende

Is this true? This guy says that to date upper class Filipinas you just go to an expensive coffee shop for upper class people in the Philippines and make conversation with them. Yeah right. First, upper class Filipinas at the malls have a cold wall and aren't even approachable and won't even say hi or make eye contact with you. Second, they have an attitude as if they are Americanized and act like you aren't worth their time and look kinda stuck up.

@Winston

I watched that video a while ago and even commented to it. I think it's quite obvious and I have been telling you on personal conversations for a while: what we would define "upper class" Filipinas live in a bubble that's far removed from the rest of the population. They are family rich or have decent jobs (not uncommon for some young high flyers to make a 6-figure salary 2 or 3 years out of college) and can afford a P300 Starbucks beverage or a P1,000 dinner every day. They are by far the last people in the Philippines who need to have an interaction with a foreigner, unless it's for business or some other functional purpose.

These people usually rotate around the Central Business Districts, as it's where they work and sometimes live. In Manila, these are Bonifacio Global City (BGC), certain areas of Makati and, to a lesser extent, certain areas of Pasig (Ortigas Center), Quezon City (Eastwood City), and Pasay (the new entertainment district, on reclaimed land). In Cebu, it's the IT Park in Lahug. Davao doesn't have a proper CBD, so the "creme de la creme" of youth is found in the large malls, SM Ecoland, Ayala Abreeza, and SM Lanang.

It's not that these young women have an attitude and are stuck up: they are simply not interested in dating foreigners, as they can find plenty of friends and prospects within their local circles. The few girls who do come from a more modest socio-economic background and have entered that bubble thanks to hard work (e.g. a scholarship at a prestigious university and a high-flying job) are perhaps the least interested in that, as they usually aim to cement their position by marrying up, that is, marrying a local man from an upper class family, or with some status. It's not uncommon that some of these girls are so blinded by hooking up with successful men, that they become their lovers.

That's how you see students secretly dating their college professors, secretaries and interns having affairs with their bosses, or hooking up with businessmen, doctors, lawyers, even 20 or 30 years older. I guess one of the main tenets of Filipino dating, that age gaps are not frowned upon as much as in the West, still holds for this category of ladies.