Dating Middle Class Filipinas?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
WorldTraveler
Experienced Poster

Dating Middle Class Filipinas?

Post by WorldTraveler »

I'd like to hear from the guys that date, have dated, or married middle class Filipina girls. I define a "middle class" Filipina is a girl that has a job and can support herself. By Lower Class I mean girls that you have to support. I'm beginning to think that these lower class girls are just so different from the Western men that maybe dating higher up the socio-economic ladder would be better. I was thinking that if I dated higher maybe I could avoid the problems I associate with the lower classes: lying, cheating, and having to support them entirely. I also think many of these girls are "screwed up" mentally from their upbringing. Can you still get very attractive ones in the middle class that want a foreign man?

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Raja
Freshman Poster

Post by Raja »

In general, if she is not a single mother then locally she would be considered an old maid and will jump at the chance. However she is in competetion with younger women to gain men's, both local and foriegn, attention.
TRADER1972
Freshman Poster

Post by TRADER1972 »

Very few girls can support themselves because the wages are so low. Many girls work, but the jobs are rare. Most of them live at home until married, even if they are working. Please clarify your other questions.

Why do you say there are girls who are mentally screwed up? What are you talking about.

Also, the fact is, the Philippines does not really have a middle class, except maybe Manila. Just a few rich, and everyone else is poor.

Its well know that girls are the ones who often support the family, often from the bowels of such places as Saudi Arabia.

Millions of them work overseas because they can not support their families by working in the Philippines.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

TRADER1972 wrote:Very few girls can support themselves because the wages are so low. Many girls work, but the jobs are rare. Most of them live at home until married, even if they are working. Please clarify your other questions.

Why do you say there are girls who are mentally screwed up? What are you talking about.

Also, the fact is, the Philippines does not really have a middle class, except maybe Manila. Just a few rich, and everyone else is poor.

Its well know that girls are the ones who often support the family, often from the bowels of such places as Saudi Arabia.

Millions of them work overseas because they can not support their families by working in the Philippines.
How can jobs be rare in the Philippines? I see help wanted signs everywhere in the Philippines. And jobstreet.com has tons of job listings in the Philippines. So why do so many Filipinas say that they can't get any regular jobs? Weird.

Also, what about the many Filipinos I see in restaurants and coffee shops paying for their drinks and meals? Are they middle class or low class? What if they were around me? Would they demand that I pay for them, even though they can pay the bill too? Something is fishy here. I don't buy that every Filipino needs to be treated when they are around me. Who the hell are the Filipinos I see paying in coffee shops? They pay the bill there. So why don't they pay when a foreigner is around? Shit.

I met one middle class Filipina who was interested in me, but she was chubby and looked too old. Too bad though. She was very nice. I think I met her on Blossoms, believe it or not.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
TRADER1972
Freshman Poster

Post by TRADER1972 »

Are you aware Winston that the Philippines receives $18 BILLION in remittances from Filipinos working overseas. This accounts for 10% or more of their economy!

It is quite normal for 4-10 people in a family to all be living off of the money of the one family member able to work overseas.

Another problem is that people are so desperate to get a job or a higher earning one that there many people take advantage of that by scamming people, offering jobs that don't exist. My father in law was scammed 2 or 3 times by fake employment agencies.

Filipinos are known to be very hospitable and will invite you in and feed you even if they are poor. Oddly enough that does not transfer over to them picking up the tab if dining out, in my experience.

http://www.mvariety.com/2010081929445/l ... s-year.php

Also these stats from Wikipedia.

There are about 11 million Filipinos outside the Philippines.[116] Since the liberalization of United States immigration laws in 1965, the number of people in the United States having Filipino ancestry has grown substantially. In 2007 there were an estimated 3.1 million.[117][118] According to the United States Census Bureau, immigrants from the Philippines made up the second largest group after Mexico that sought family reunification.[119] Some two million Filipinos work in the Middle East, with nearly a million in Saudi Arabia alone.[120]
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

How do job ads scam people? How can you scam people who are desperate for work and have no money? You can't scam people who are broke.

I see help wanted ads everywhere. How do you explain that? Why do poor Filipinos say that there are no jobs in spite of that?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

TRADER1972 wrote: Filipinos are known to be very hospitable and will invite you in and feed you even if they are poor. Oddly enough that does not transfer over to them picking up the tab if dining out, in my experience.
Invite you in and feed you? With what? The shit food in their homes makes foreigners puke! Yuck.

I don't understand something. I see Filipinos dining out paying their tabs all the time. So why can't they pay if they are around us? It doesn't make sense.

Mr S
Veteran Poster

Post by Mr S »

I think they are implying that there are no decent paying jobs worth the time and amount of work that you have to do for the little pay that is offered. Most jobs only pay the minimum wage as stated by the Philippine government. So most would rather just sit home and be lazy singing karaoke, watching TV or drinking beer all day. There really is no incentive for most Filipinos to improve themselves. Get this, does Angeles City even have a public library? Try to find an answer to that question by just asking random people on the street. I bet most won't even have a clue!

Also, there is agism in the Philippines so if you are over 30 most places won't hire you. Pretty much you have to establish a career in something while your in your 20's in PI, or your shit out of luck! the only decent paying job that hires people at any age is the call center industry and you know how few local Filipinos can actually get hired for that. Most of the population's English skills suck if they have to try to communicate with Westerners all day.

I should know I have to interview the "supposed" good ones hundreds of times a month. The average "educated" Filipino is a band 6 on the IELTS scale out of 9. The average uneducated is a 4-5 range. You know how many 8's and above I interview in a month? Maybe less then 10 out of maybe 150 interviews a month or so.

So my brain is sometimes ready to explode after interviewing 4-6's on a daily basis.... :roll:
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." Marcus Aurelius, Roman Emperor and stoic philosopher, 121-180 A.D.
Baron
Freshman Poster

Post by Baron »

Winston..

PH's Economy breaks down like this..

20% comes from PAGCOR (Gov Gambling Corp) = Foreign Customer
50% comes from BPO industry (English Sector)
the rest come from OFW (Remittance) and other domestic economy.

This country has about 90M population. 10% are Freaking Rich who don't give a flying crap about foreginers like us. (Unless we are like CEO or executive level foreigners).
There is NO real such middle class in this country.

10% Rich who holds 90% of the country's wealth.
20% People who can barely manage their own lives...
70% People who live with $2-5 bucks per day

You can still manage yourself to meet those 20% but however, since they are financially capable of taking care of their own things, they don't really mingle with foreginers unless they see you attractive...
Top 10% = If you don't live a freaking high class life, don't even bother talking to them and realize that they treat you like an insect.. To these 10%, we are really not welcomed unless you can show them you have the social status already.
If you see unusual things happening, tell yourself "Welcome to the Philippines!!" and you can finally understand the truth...
Baron
Freshman Poster

Post by Baron »

Oh plus, these 10% are about 9M people out of 90M. And most of these people live in Manila... That is why Manila is one of the f***ed up City where you will see the extreme highs and lows...
If you see unusual things happening, tell yourself "Welcome to the Philippines!!" and you can finally understand the truth...
TRADER1972
Freshman Poster

Post by TRADER1972 »

Winston wrote:How do job ads scam people? How can you scam people who are desperate for work and have no money? You can't scam people who are broke.

I see help wanted ads everywhere. How do you explain that? Why do poor Filipinos say that there are no jobs in spite of that?
Poor people will borrow at the equivalent of a pawn shop or similar. For those who grow rice they will borrow in cash the value of 5 sacks of rice and when the crop is harvested have to repay 20 sacks of rice. This is how the lenders make a killing.

Another way is to take the money from an overseas working relative and use that to apply to an employment agency.

If you watch IMBESTIGADOR and another show I think its called BITAG ,you will realize the abundance of scams and frauds that are very widespread in the Philippines.

I am not aware of the job ads. Are these in certain areas?

I do recall signs poster on the mains roads on poles that used to specifically say they were only hiring attractive girls under 25 years old or younger. Employment discrimination is very widespread.
Mr S
Veteran Poster

Post by Mr S »

The Tower Club in Makati within the PhilAm building on Ayala is where all the businessmen, higher end foreign nationals/diplomats and other well-to do people hang out to make connections and attend various functions. My previous boss is a member there and I was invited a few times. It's like what you would expect from a large gathering of high profile people in a major city in the states like LA. Chicago, New York or Washington D.C. They were interesting experiences but even if you are educated and can blend in, you still feel weird cause you don't have the same social graces or mannerisms as the elite does and you do stand out. I would consider myself coming from an educated middle class background and I felt odd being there amongst the elites of the Philippines and countries of the world.

I also attended the Italian ambassadors Christmas party a couple times and that's was a unique experience as well. They had the best food I had ever tasted at those events. I completely gorged myself there since it was all free.

Basically, there is a whole other world in the Philippines if you are part of the elite in the Philippines. There is such a contrast between wealth and poverty here it's no wonder they continue to keep the public dumbed down with inferior education. The elites will never fix their country's problems because it's in their own interest to keep the Philippines the way it is.
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." Marcus Aurelius, Roman Emperor and stoic philosopher, 121-180 A.D.
TRADER1972
Freshman Poster

Post by TRADER1972 »

Mr S wrote:
Basically, there is a whole other world in the Philippines if you are part of the elite in the Philippines. There is such a contrast between wealth and poverty here it's no wonder they continue to keep the public dumbed down with inferior education. The elites will never fix their country's problems because it's in their own interest to keep the Philippines the way it is.
So true Mr S.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Baron,
Thanks for your input.

So what about the Filipinos who are driving cars? Are they in the top 20 percent? How could they have purchased a car on 2 to 5 bucks a day?

And what about the ones I see in restaurants? And the ones in houses in gated communities? Don't some of the lower class save up to buy a house and car, thus becoming "middle class"?

So basically, most people in the Philippines fall into two categories:

1) greedy, shameless, leeching, lacking in pride, dignity and honor (lower classes), or
2) snobby, stuck up, unsociable outside of their clique, and think they are royalty (middle and upper classes)

Gee, what two shitty extremes. Why is it hard to find someone who is decent, has pride, dignity, morals, yet is open, friendly, down-to-earth, fun and sociable at the same time? Why is such a combination of traits so hard to find? I possess such traits, so why can't others?

Could it be that Filipinos are so easily corruptible and changeable because they lack any true inner beliefs and convictions? Just a theory.
Last edited by Winston on April 11th, 2011, 2:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mr S
Veteran Poster

Post by Mr S »

Winston wrote:So what about the Filipinos who are driving cars? Are they in the top 20 percent? How could they have purchased a car on 2 to 5 bucks a day?

And what about the ones I see in restaurants? And the ones in houses in gated communities? Don't some of the lower class save up to buy a house and car, thus becoming "middle class"?

So basically, most people in the Philippines fall into two categories:

- greedy, shameless, lacking in pride, dignity and honor (lower classes), or
- snobby, stuck up, unsociable outside of their clique, and think they are royalty (middle and upper classes)

Gee, what two shitty extremes. Why is it hard to find someone who is decent, has pride, dignity, morals, yet is open, friendly, down-to-earth, fun and sociable too? Why is such a combination of traits so hard to find? I possess those traits, so why can't others?

Thanks for your input.
Yeah, those two categories are the ones the typically REMAIN in the country. The ones you are looking for are immigrating to Western countries once they have the ability to do so. I interview them all the time. IF you want to find a decent female here in this country you have to meet women who go to the top Universities in the country such as University of Philippines, Ateneo de Manila, De la Salle, University of Santos Thomas and a few other private ones scattered around Manila. The branches of theses schools in other cities will also have women of decent character and incentive for the most part as well. Other than that you will have to sift through the riff-raff.

@ Winston you know you can hang out at the main campus of University of Philippines and hit up on girls there if you want. The campus is kinda nice and has a lot of greenery so the air isn't as polluted there. Maybe I can take you over there some time to show you around or you can check it out yourself. You can take a jeep there from SM North Ave or Quezon Ave use the one labeled UP Dilliman. Or you can take a taxi there. Cause it's a public university the public can hang out there and many do in the parks and gardens. It's quite huge though so prepare to walk a lot unless you want to just stay in the middle area part of the campus.