Dating Middle Class Filipinas?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Rock, Baron,

You forget something. If middle class Filipinas barely even talk to strangers and have that shield around them that American women have, then what use is having a condo? If they don't talk to you, then it's a moot point right? It's not like they get to know you, see your place, and then dump you. That's not what is happening. So what does a condo have to do with it?

But yeah, it does depend on where you hang out. That I'll agree with.

Btw, check out these middle class Filipinas I met in a gated community. Someone took me to a house party there and I met them. They had the shield around them that yuppie American girls have, except they seem even more introverted. They were there to do a photo shoot at a photographer's house. When I tried to talk to them, they only gave quick yes/no answers, and so were not very engaging. At one point, I asked to pose a picture with them, and that's what you see below. However, two of them, including one super hot tall white Filipina refused to be in the picture and stepped outside instead. lol

Anyway, see below. Don't they carry a different vibe and body language than poor Filipinas do?

Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

odbo
Veteran Poster

Post by odbo »

Winston wrote:The point is, these hot middle class Filipinas have this look and attitude that says, "I'm hot, have class and quality, and I don't need YOU!" which is ball-busting to us guys. lol
Paris Hilton syndrome.. avoid these wastes of blood & organs like the plague unless you want to become a jerk yourself by spending too much time with such personalities.
For the record most rich girls are butt ugly but can afford the best clothes, make-up, hair salons, and can spend 2 hours a day brushing their hair. They constantly get compliments and become even more stuck up. Every place has it's own culture but rich girls are basically the same regardless of where you are, since superficiality has only one logical conclusion. This goes for middle class pretending to be rich.
BellaRuth
Freshman Poster

Re: Pretty girls are used to keep the poor down

Post by BellaRuth »

odbo wrote:Isn't this the type of photogenic woman they put on tv as a presenter, to keep morons glued to their idiot box. Your Leo Tolstoy quote said it all "How complete the delusion that beauty is goodness." Logic junkie talked out how people want to hang around with what are perceived as beautiful people in an attempt to feel better about themselves. In this case it's not even being around beautiful people, but watching them on tv.
Watch the first minute and 30 seconds of this:
Major points for managing to fit Charlie Brooker into this. Wish I had a thumbs-up icon. He's one of the few people who do actually make me laugh out loud when I watch them.
swincor
Freshman Poster

Post by swincor »

Winston wrote:If middle class Filipinas barely even talk to strangers and have that shield around them that American women have, then what use is having a condo? If they don't talk to you, then it's a moot point right?

You're absolutely right, Winston. It is a moot point. Just stay where you are in Angeles and keep banging bar girls.

EDIT:

And for Christ's sake Winston, the next time you're having your picture taken with girls, cut the stupid 'V' signs with the fingers. And the dorky grin too. Actually, you were better off not posing with those girls, since they weren't nice or friendly to you. They're not even hot-looking anyway.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Winston wrote:Rock, Baron,

You forget something. If middle class Filipinas barely even talk to strangers and have that shield around them that American women have, then what use is having a condo? If they don't talk to you, then it's a moot point right? It's not like they get to know you, see your place, and then dump you. That's not what is happening. So what does a condo have to do with it?

But Mr. S or someone in the PI recently claimed that if you (a regular foreigner) got set-up with a cool modern condo in central Makati, dressed in the right way, and had a decent job title on your name card, you could easily date lots of attractive non-P4P Filipinas. Don't you remember that post? Why don't you address it directly?
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

swincor__ wrote:

EDIT:

And for Christ's sake Winston, the next time you're having your picture taken with girls, cut the stupid 'V' signs with the fingers. And the dorky grin too. Actually, you were better off not posing with those girls, since they weren't nice or friendly to you. They're not even hot-looking anyway.
That's just a dorky sign that Taiwanese (and people from some other Asian countries I believe) like to make when they take photos. I think young people here started doing it after Chiang Kai-Shek died and the environment slowly became less serious and tense (just my theory though). Maybe Winston is more Taiwanese than he realizes. Anyway, it sure beats gang signs and bling poses, at least for girls. I agree that it just looks too silly and weak on guys though.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Btw, check out these middle class Filipinas I met in a gated community. Someone took me to a house party there and I met them. They had the shield around them that yuppie American girls have, except they seem even more introverted. They were there to do a photo shoot at a photographer's house. When I tried to talk to them, they only gave quick yes/no answers, and so were not very engaging. At one point, I asked to pose a picture with them, and that's what you see below. However, two of them, including one super hot tall white Filipina refused to be in the picture and stepped outside instead. lol

Anyway, see below. Don't they carry a different vibe and body language than poor Filipinas do?
I think a consensus is building on this forum that PI is a just good place to find poor girls who date foreigners out of need, not because they genuinely like or are attracted to them. The financially independent middle class and above seem to want nothing at all to do with us in most cases according to some of Winston's more recent observations.

In earlier days here, the prevailing wisdom seemed to be that Filipinas were desperate to find a good man and that the average American guy would feel like some sort of rock-star just walking through the malls of Cebu. And people in PI are not at all racist, at least not against white people. Recently, guys have been poring a lot of cold water on these impressions and PI loving die-hards like Lad are not refuting them.

I hope I'm wrong and that there is some sort of dating niche for foreign guys in PI which is not entirely need and money based. But if PI does turn out to entirely be just a companionship for material well-being sort of venue, that is still quite valuable for some, especially retirees with few social alternatives. And an argument can be made about girls who give you a chance for material reasons but over time grow to love you. Don't know how realistic that one is though.

If PI turns out to be mainly about money, I'm imagine this would turn-off many of the guys here. Fortunately, NE Asian countries are quite different. Sure there are a lot of girls in places like Seoul who only may be open to local hi-flier types - right uni, right corporation, nice house, and nice car. But girls from developed NE Asia willing to date foreign English teacher types tend to be sincerely interested in knowing the guy, not getting his money. I believe even developing China has many of these decent types available. The sharks will normally raise some clear red flags in just a date or two if you are a sensitive type.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Pretty girls are used to keep the poor down

Post by Rock »

odbo wrote:Isn't this the type of photogenic woman they put on tv as a presenter, to keep morons glued to their idiot box. Your Leo Tolstoy quote said it all "How complete the delusion that beauty is goodness." Logic junkie talked out how people want to hang around with what are perceived as beautiful people in an attempt to feel better about themselves. In this case it's not even being around beautiful people, but watching them on tv.
Watch the first minute and 30 seconds of this:
BRILLIANT! Watch the whole thing. Jam packed with hilarious lines, creatively presented, excellent visuals, and a chilling message.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Rock wrote:

But Mr. S or someone in the PI recently claimed that if you (a regular foreigner) got set-up with a cool modern condo in central Makati, dressed in the right way, and had a decent job title on your name card, you could easily date lots of attractive non-P4P Filipinas. Don't you remember that post? Why don't you address it directly?
I said, the condo is a non-issue unless they are in the neighborhood and see you living there. If they are on the street or in the mall, they won't know if you live in a condo, a shack, or a mansion.

But yeah, whenever I wear business attire, people treat me better with more respect. That's true in the US too. After work in Seattle, if I was dressed in business attire, girls would treat me better, like I was higher class. They would smile at me far more often, especially if I was hanging near a fancy hotel. My face also looks good in business or professional attire too. (unlike in a cowboy hat)

If I lived in Makati and went out everyday in business attire, maybe I'd meet some quality girls, but I don't know. They seem introverted and not easy to engage in conversation with. I don't live in Makati though, and my plans right now are to travel to nature/scenic areas. I was about to do that back in January when I returned to the Philippines. But then my friend referred me to a job so I got bogged down in another obligation again. Thus, my travel plans from 2008 were delayed yet again...

Sometimes I feel like I have no control over my life, and I hate that.
Last edited by Winston on May 7th, 2011, 1:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
keius
Freshman Poster

Post by keius »

Rock wrote:
swincor__ wrote:

EDIT:

That's just a dorky sign that Taiwanese (and people from some other Asian countries I believe) like to make when they take photos. I think young people here started doing it after Chiang Kai-Shek died and the environment slowly became less serious and tense (just my theory though). Maybe Winston is more Taiwanese than he realizes. Anyway, it sure beats gang signs and bling poses, at least for girls. I agree that it just looks too silly and weak on guys though.
It's fairly common in China too. At least it is with the young girls. I can't recall any guys actually doing that, and i'd probably remember since it does look sorta gay. My wife did that when i first met her...since she was relatively young at the time. It really started grating on me and I told her to knock that shit off :oops: Pissed her off but she no longer does it anymore, so it was worth it :roll:
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Rock wrote:
swincor__ wrote:

EDIT:

Maybe. You gotta remember that physiologically, my genes are Taiwanese. So no matter how I act or say otherwise, my genes are still Taiwanese.

So you gotta realize that, if genes determine our physical characteristics, why can't they determine our behavioral characteristics and instincts too? The crowd that says "We are all blank slates at birth and products of our environment" don't realize that. Yet when you watch a mother with her baby, she nurtures it and reads its mind (like Dianne does) in a way that a father never could. Mothers seem to be able to know why a baby is crying whereas a father is clueless about the reason, as if they can read a baby's mind. That is surely innate and natural to a woman and mother. It's not something conditioned by society. I could give many more examples, but you get the idea.

So why then is everyone heavily biased toward the "blank slate" hypothesis and religiously in favor of the "we are all products of our environment" notion? Why don't people see the obvious that I describe above?

:::::shaking head::::::

keius
Freshman Poster

Post by keius »

Genetics dictates a *predisposition* towards certain traits, behaviors, etc. It is by no means quite as influential as the environment in which a child is raised. I don't think anyone is arguing that genetics is not a factor in what a person becomes or trends towards, but what i'm personally supporting, is the idea that there are other more important factors.

You'd actually have to pay attention to children as they grow up. Children do indeed have a predisposition towards many personality traits. Watch slowly as their environment changes them. It can change them for the better or worse.

With that said, that whole V thing is 100% a product of our environment ok? :P It's a learned behavior.
We can all agree on that at least.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

I agree that both are a factor. But people are heavily biased toward the "nurture" hypothesis. Why?

How do you explain why I was born with a fear of heights? What environment conditioned me to have a fear of heights? How come I couldn't go down the slide when other kids could? How come none of the "blank slate" crowd can answer that?

What V thing are you talking about that's 100 percent a product of our environment? One letter doesn't tell me what you're referring to.

Oh you mean the peace sign when you're taking pictures? Yeah well I only do that in Taiwan. I never did that in America. Maybe you should tell that to Rock, since he took it as a sign that I'm more Taiwanese than I thought. lol

Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Winston wrote: What V thing are you talking about that's 100 percent a product of our environment? One letter doesn't tell me what you're referring to.
He's talking about that retarded looking pose where you form the letter 'V' with one or both hands, often right behind another person's head, when taking a picture. Over here, its stands for victory, not peace.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Winston wrote: Yeah well I only do that in Taiwan. I never did that in America. Maybe you should tell that to Rock, since he took it as a sign that I'm more Taiwanese than I thought. lol
Oh, so it is a product of your environment then, not because you have Taiwanese (actually Han Chinese) genes then?