N/A

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to Russia, Ukraine, or the former Soviet Republics.
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

N/A

Post by eurobrat »

N/A
Last edited by eurobrat on May 13th, 2013, 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

have2fly
Junior Poster

Post by have2fly »

It depends if you wish to hit the clubs, rent a taxi or take a bus around town. Kiev could be as expensive as Chicago or NYC, other cities will be cheaper.

Are you going to invite girls for a coffee or give them gifts? That's a part of the courting process over there. I know how to get around that, but sometimes I do it too.
Hook
Freshman Poster

Post by Hook »

When are you planning on going there? You just started learning Russian, so do you think you will know enough to get around by the time you leave?
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

@ have2fly

Actually having grown up in LA I think Chicago is rather cheap went there last new years, stayed in a hostel and met a group of girls from Barcelona and I had a blast.

I'm kind of done with the club scene, and I won't go alone but I would go if I find another english expat. But no I'm not looking for the "clubbing experience you can get here in the states.

Culturally, what exactly is a gift over there? I would hope a meal is enough. I know from slight experience that Russian girls do like smaller gifts that have some kind of meaning maybe like a t-shirt that has "California" or "LA" on it might be enough to make them happy.

Also since short term apartments are so cheap over there, I think I would rather spend some money on that for the privacy most of them are around $30-50/night.

@hook
Yes I'm actually learning right now, most of the girls I have met online have pretty decent english speaking skills and writing skills. Also my Android phone has a great translator where you can speak into and have it translate for you via google.

This trip is like 5-6 months away so I think I will be ready by then, I just want all the tips I can get. I want to know all the little cultural things I can before getting off that plane.
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

Also I think the short term apartment rentals are a great deal because they have a kitchen which means I can save a little on food, and from what I know food is cheaper over there in the stores.
frontier
Freshman Poster

Re: Planning a trip to the Ukraine need help!

Post by frontier »

eurobrat wrote:I have a nice little bonus coming towards me this month so I want to start planning a trip. To my extent, a trip to the Ukraine is pretty cheap it seems like. Much cheaper than Europe.

Airfare $950/w Taxes
Lodging $35/day to rent an apartment ($490)
Food/Alcohol $20/day average ($280)
$200 cushion for everything else

14 day trip = $1920

Am I missing anything? Seems pretty cheap to me...
If you are going there for sightseeing that is fine. If you are going there for girls, then you have no chance unless you plan paying for that too. Your time frame is too short.
Hook
Freshman Poster

Post by Hook »

What site are you using to chat with the girls? Are they writing in English, or does the site do the translations for you?

Also, what does it cost?
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

I'm using the recommended one Elena's models, most of them are not using translators from what I can tell. I also did a skype conversation with a Russian girl in Moscow and her english was excellent.

There have been some cultural differences though, one Russian girl told me that they won WW2 and that they did not need any help from Western Allies lol
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

I think I paid $90 for 3 months, just as an experiment I also ran a match.com account for my area and got horrible results. Only 2 women responded out of 100. I did go out on a date for a few days down to the local art museum but once again, she was Asian came over here when she was 4 years old from Taiwan.

The results have been shocking, I even put in my profile I am not rich by any means I am a normal working american guy. They seem to really hate Ukrainian/Russian men because of the alcohol abuse over there.
Hook
Freshman Poster

Post by Hook »

eurobrat wrote:I'm using the recommended one Elena's models, most of them are not using translators from what I can tell. I also did a skype conversation with a Russian girl in Moscow and her english was excellent.

There have been some cultural differences though, one Russian girl told me that they won WW2 and that they did not need any help from Western Allies lol
Actually, she is kind of correct. The Russians invaded Germany before we got there. Their only concern was Germany. As far as the rest of the countries, we were needed to conquer them.
Hook
Freshman Poster

Post by Hook »

eurobrat wrote:I think I paid $90 for 3 months, just as an experiment I also ran a match.com account for my area and got horrible results. Only 2 women responded out of 100. I did go out on a date for a few days down to the local art museum but once again, she was Asian came over here when she was 4 years old from Taiwan.

The results have been shocking, I even put in my profile I am not rich by any means I am a normal working american guy. They seem to really hate Ukrainian/Russian men because of the alcohol abuse over there.

Really?! With your looks I would have thought you would have gotten at least 20% to 30% response on Match. I don't get any responses, and I usually write a couple of paragraphs relevant to their profile interests, etc. I figured it was just my looks, but if everyone has that kind of problem, I don't know what the deal is.

I know when I tried online dating 12 years ago, I would get much more responses, around 40% or so. Maybe the quality of people were higher online back then since it took some intelligence to set up your computer to get online or something.

As an experiment, you should create a female profile on match.com and see how many responses you get. From what I have read, attractive women get about 30 responses a day on average.

Like you, I found that I get much better response from Russian sites. The only problem is I have been using AnastasiaDate, and they send you introduction letters from random women and make it seem like the woman herself initiated contact. I didn't understand that at first. I get like 5 of these letters a day, and so it makes it impossible to know which lady is really interested. Because you pay $7.00 for each letter for translation, you can't afford to open each one and see which one is real. I am writing back and forth to 2 ladies every couple of weeks, and these women seem genuine.

So I guess I should do the Elena's model site. It sounds way more legit. How much do you pay per address on that site?
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

Elena's Models has a great business model actually, for $99 you get unlimited contact with 50 different women for 3 months. Profiles are confirmed that they are legitimate women. After about corresponding with 10 women though your so busy that it's impossible to keep up with all of them.

You can send expression of interest to any women for free (the equivalent of a wink on match.com)

I got better responses on match.com in L.A. I actually met a girl who later became my girlfriend for a year and it was a pretty good relationship.

The women out here are ultra picky and there are many more single moms in the middle of the country as they can not afford big cities.

Why the hell is a single mom picky though? They have nothing to be picky about as a single guy will have to go in and pick up the pieces.

After my experience I guess it just proves that the women in this country are screwed up they are too entitled, I deserve more than a BBW.
Hook
Freshman Poster

Post by Hook »

eurobrat wrote:Elena's Models has a great business model actually, for $99 you get unlimited contact with 50 different women for 3 months. Profiles are confirmed that they are legitimate women. After about corresponding with 10 women though your so busy that it's impossible to keep up with all of them.

You can send expression of interest to any women for free (the equivalent of a wink on match.com)

I got better responses on match.com in L.A. I actually met a girl who later became my girlfriend for a year and it was a pretty good relationship.

The women out here are ultra picky and there are many more single moms in the middle of the country as they can not afford big cities.

Why the hell is a single mom picky though? They have nothing to be picky about as a single guy will have to go in and pick up the pieces.

After my experience I guess it just proves that the women in this country are screwed up they are too entitled, I deserve more than a BBW.
The one thing I like about Anstasia is that they have human translators. I am guessing that the women you talk to are all English speakers, so that isn't as important for you. On the Anastasia site, most of the women don't speak English, so I would be cutting out a huge chunk of the available pool by only selecting English speakers.

I was thinking of going to Ukraine in January or February on a romance tour. I was considering going by myself earlier, but I don't think I will know enough Russian to get around well. I also considered paying to bring Ladislav along, since he speaks fluent Russian, but that was too expensive. The romance tours are around $4,500. Bringing Ladislav along instead of the romance tour would cost around $7,000 for the both of us for two weeks, which I thought was too expensive.

If you are interested, maybe all three of us could go, and each of us could pitch in half for Ladislav's expenses. That would probably make it affordable. The advantage of bringing Ladislav along is that he grew up in Ukraine so he would be able to read women's intent better.

Let me know that you think.
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

I feel confident enough to just go set up dates alone and meet them, I don't need a middleman.

I personally would like a girl who know's full english, this may be harder at your age because it seems like only the younger generation knows english well enough to communicate. I don't know what age range your targeting though.

No I don't feel like bringing Ladislav along because he know's Russian, the girls who I have been talking to all know english and I have enough technology to communicate with people that are older with the available online translators and then some of my basic Russian.

Plus I just feel that a 3rd party is bad karma and not natural. I suggest you hunt down women who know english, they are out there. Having been to the boonies in parts of Europe I have learned to communicate with people who barely know english to get the message across, so the language barrier doesn't bother me.

The romance tours did seem interesting ($4500 isn't a bad deal if it includes flight and hotel) at the same time I feel they are not natural and I enjoy doing the leg work myself. And honestly I want privacy over the romance tour which seems more like a social gathering??? More of a traditional date and I did the work myself.

If we are over there at the same time though I wouldn't mind meeting up for a few nights if you want. I'm planning around 5-6 months from now. Hopefully the conversion rate is still rocking.
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Re: Planning a trip to the Ukraine need help!

Post by eurobrat »

frontier wrote:
eurobrat wrote:I have a nice little bonus coming towards me this month so I want to start planning a trip. To my extent, a trip to the Ukraine is pretty cheap it seems like. Much cheaper than Europe.

Airfare $950/w Taxes
Lodging $35/day to rent an apartment ($490)
Food/Alcohol $20/day average ($280)
$200 cushion for everything else

14 day trip = $1920

Am I missing anything? Seems pretty cheap to me...
If you are going there for sightseeing that is fine. If you are going there for girls, then you have no chance unless you plan paying for that too. Your time frame is too short.
What if I set up the dates before hand with like 3-4 women? Seem's reasonable to me.

Return to “Russia, Ukraine, Former Soviet Republics”