Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

N/A

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to Russia, Ukraine, or the former Soviet Republics.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Re: Planning a trip to the Ukraine need help!

Postby frontier » Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:09 am

eurobrat wrote:
frontier wrote:
eurobrat wrote:I have a nice little bonus coming towards me this month so I want to start planning a trip. To my extent, a trip to the Ukraine is pretty cheap it seems like. Much cheaper than Europe.

Airfare $950/w Taxes
Lodging $35/day to rent an apartment ($490)
Food/Alcohol $20/day average ($280)
$200 cushion for everything else

14 day trip = $1920

Am I missing anything? Seems pretty cheap to me...

If you are going there for sightseeing that is fine. If you are going there for girls, then you have no chance unless you plan paying for that too. Your time frame is too short.

What if I set up the dates before hand with like 3-4 women? Seem's reasonable to me.

If you already know them from chatting, then it might be a different story dependiing on proximity within Ukraine. You're time is short. So you have to be realistic. Also, don't act like a typical American cowboy village loud idiot. Not saying you are. Just be cultured and well read and you will have fun no matter what happens.
frontier
Freshman Poster

Postby eurobrat » Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:23 am

That's what I plan on doing, I'm looking forward to visiting a place where women act like women.
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Postby eurobrat » Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:26 pm

@Hook

I just canceled my match.com account and I looked at the numbers one last time to see if my eyes were deceiving me. Here's the stats.

Match.com:

- Profile viewed 423 times
- Winks sent 273
- Messages sent 172
- Winks received 2
- Messages received 2

Number of dates 1, and she was foreign born.

That's a 4.23% success rate for match.com if you take the amount of views I had and then divide it against the amount of contact effort I made in winks and messages sent.

@ $99 for three months. Thank god I canceled that piece of crap, last time I will ever use it. I'm done trying with American women, it isn't worth the effort anymore.
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Re: Planning a trip to the Ukraine need help!

Postby Jackal » Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:18 pm

eurobrat wrote:I have a nice little bonus coming towards me this month so I want to start planning a trip. To my extent, a trip to the Ukraine is pretty cheap it seems like. Much cheaper than Europe.

Cool. Good for you!

Is that your real picture in your avatar? If so, you might fit in well in Romania because you're a white guy with dark hair. If you ever studied a Romance language, that will help you in Romania, as will your Russian because they've borrowed some Slavic words. Perhaps you might consider a side trip to Bucharest or to some other Romanian city.
Jackal
Experienced Poster

Postby eurobrat » Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:07 pm

@Jackal

Yes that's me and it's a recent picture. I have more of an olive complexion of skin than white. I'm not really attracted to Romanian girls or Bulgarian. I'm Italian and I'm not really attracted to them either, have been to Italy around 5-6 times although still leaps and bounds above the BBW AW we have these days.

I'm more attracted to blondes or a lighter brown hair. What's it like in Hungary? Also I'm a little short at 5'10" but from what I noticed about those EE Women is they don't put that much of a focus on it like American Women do is it true?
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Postby frontier » Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:41 pm

eurobrat wrote:@Jackal

Yes that's me and it's a recent picture. I have more of an olive complexion of skin than white. I'm not really attracted to Romanian girls or Bulgarian. I'm Italian and I'm not really attracted to them either, have been to Italy around 5-6 times although still leaps and bounds above the BBW AW we have these days.

I'm more attracted to blondes or a lighter brown hair. What's it like in Hungary? Also I'm a little short at 5'10" but from what I noticed about those EE Women is they don't put that much of a focus on it like American Women do is it true?

Height doesn't matter that much unless you're a dwarf with some sickness. Don't think of it too much while there because only emascualted men think too much into it. Of course if you are going for women
> 5'9'' then it becomes a variable but I avoid that tall. I seen guys that look like Quasi moto with stunners. They don't care too much like American women. Hwoever if you have other positive variables, then you will be seen as a decent guy.
Hungarians are a mixture. They are not Slavs but they have taken influences from them along with taking influences from many other groups. The women are mostly brunnette but there are many blondes They can easily look like Czechs or Polish, but at the same time there are many that look more like Romanians or Serbians. I actually like all EE women beacause of their genetic diversity in looks that you can't get in the U.S. aside from them being fit. Romanians are not Slavs, but also influences by them. They were originally Dacians and Thracians but got conquered by the Romans and subsequently but every other invading group in the reigon.
You have the same skin complexion as me. I think I am a bit darker in terms of skin and hair and it always helps and girls there like it it as long as you are sophistiacted and don't act like "america f**k yeah"! type of person. In reality, American women have an extremist agenda because they like blonde haired guys the most while there blonde and light haired haired men are usually gayish.
frontier
Freshman Poster

Postby Hook » Sun Sep 18, 2011 5:48 pm

eurobrat wrote:@Hook

I just canceled my match.com account and I looked at the numbers one last time to see if my eyes were deceiving me.

That's a 4.23% success rate for match.com if you take the amount of views I had and then divide it against the amount of contact effort I made in winks and messages sent.

Jebus, that is terrible! Really it should be measured by messages send / messages received, in which case it would be 2/172 = 1.2%. Which is even worse. But yet I talk to couples all the time that met online. I'm at a loss on how to reconcile this incongruity. Like I said before, I think that the quality of online women was much higher 10 years ago when most of the people I know that met online actually participated.

The interesting thing is that a lot of these women I see on match.com have been there for years and still haven't hooked up. So they obviously would rather be alone forever than hook up with a guy that doesn't look like Brad Pitt and isn't a millionaire. It isn't surprising that half of the women in the US are single, since they have priced themselves out of the market.

It is amazing how much better of response rate you get on foreign dating sites. They are usually far more serious and less demanding as well. They sound like actual women instead of shrews.

I still think that the only time you are going to find the highest quality girls is when you are in high school. The best ones are going to be scooped up out of the market very early. Since attractive girls are always hit on, if they are still single past 20~21, it is obviously their choice. So the ones still single after that are either so unattractive that no guys ask them out, or they are so picky that no one will meet their standards. Either way, if you are over 24, your only choice appears to go foreign.
Hook
Freshman Poster

Postby eurobrat » Sun Sep 18, 2011 5:58 pm

I don't know what the girls here are looking for. The height thing really bothers me, I know it has been discussed here before but the girls in this country demanding 6'0, 6'2, 6'4 men when in reality most of them are only 5'0,5'2,5'4 is just plain wrong if you ask me.

Reading through match.com all the American Women demand there men to have material things and physical traits like a certain salary or certain height, body type etc.

While reading through the Russian dating site they list personality traits and values that they want they're match to have.

You don't see me demanding that they have a certain breast size and if I did I would be labeled as an "arrogant jerk".

Average height of women in the Ukraine seems to be 5'3 according to Wikipedia. That's not too tall I think here in the U.S. it's around 5'5

Personally I like a girl to be around my same height, so that our bodies match up more. This USA height fetish is just ridiculous. I went out with a girl who was 4'11 once and I thought it was just weird she liked it but I prefer girls 5'5-5'8.
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Postby frontier » Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:02 pm

eurobrat wrote:I don't know what the girls here are looking for. The height thing really bothers me, I know it has been discussed here before but the girls in this country demanding 6'0, 6'2, 6'4 men when in reality most of them are only 5'0,5'2,5'4 is just plain wrong if you ask me.

Reading through match.com all the American Women demand there men to have material things and physical traits like a certain salary or certain height, body type etc.

While reading through the Russian dating site they list personality traits and values that they want they're match to have.

You don't see me demanding that they have a certain breast size and if I did I would be labeled as an "arrogant jerk".

Average height of women in the Ukraine seems to be 5'3 according to Wikipedia. That's not too tall I think here in the U.S. it's around 5'5

Personally I like a girl to be around my same height, so that our bodies match up more. This USA height fetish is just ridiculous. I went out with a girl who was 4'11 once and I thought it was just weird she liked it but I prefer girls 5'5-5'8.

Among younger populations it is 5'5' like all other EE countries. For the U.S it is 5'3''. The thing is they add all the female populations meaning both anyone 18 and over and so it is skewed, but you don't need to worry. I also aim for the same ranges as you and I do well so as I said don't let it get to you. American women demand everything because they are evil.
frontier
Freshman Poster

Postby eurobrat » Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:16 pm

Hook wrote:Jebus, that is terrible! Really it should be measured by messages send / messages received, in which case it would be 2/172 = 1.2%. Which is even worse. But yet I talk to couples all the time that met online. I'm at a loss on how to reconcile this incongruity. Like I said before, I think that the quality of online women was much higher 10 years ago when most of the people I know that met online actually participated.

The interesting thing is that a lot of these women I see on match.com have been there for years and still haven't hooked up. So they obviously would rather be alone forever than hook up with a guy that doesn't look like Brad Pitt and isn't a millionaire. It isn't surprising that half of the women in the US are single, since they have priced themselves out of the market.

It is amazing how much better of response rate you get on foreign dating sites. They are usually far more serious and less demanding as well. They sound like actual women instead of shrews.

I still think that the only time you are going to find the highest quality girls is when you are in high school. The best ones are going to be scooped up out of the market very early. Since attractive girls are always hit on, if they are still single past 20~21, it is obviously their choice. So the ones still single after that are either so unattractive that no guys ask them out, or they are so picky that no one will meet their standards. Either way, if you are over 24, your only choice appears to go foreign.

@hook

I was trying to measure it by how many women overall actually met me "online", meaning they looked at my profile and then at least decided to contact me or not or respond to my messages. So many girls didn't even respond to my messages which I guess fuels the fire for hating American Women even more.

Yes it is horrible on all fronts, normal guys are no longer good enough for normal or subpar women. Some of them that I messaged were even single mothers, which in my opinion have no right to demand anything let alone a 6'4 rich guy, who has no children of their own.

Yes a lot of the good ones do get snagged early, guy's in this country are not stupid and they can tell a good looking or cute looking good girl from a mile away. That being said they do rush to lock them down, however you didn't mention that 60% of those marriages will end in divorce when they are around 35-45 years old.

Personally I think every guy should wait until around 32-35 to get married. Just my opinion to wait it out.

The Russian dating sites have been a breath of fresh air, they are actually looking to talk to you and you don't have to make 2 million a year or be 6'2 and brad pitt's clone gasp! My god dating is actually normal again on the other end of the world, and the women look even better over there. Yea sure it's a pain in the ass being so far away and the language barrier, cultural differences but I still think it's less work than trying to date over here and I still believe the results are better.

Anyways I'm actually thinking of extending my stay to a month or so over there :D
Last edited by eurobrat on Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Postby eurobrat » Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:29 pm

frontier wrote:
eurobrat wrote:I don't know what the girls here are looking for. The height thing really bothers me, I know it has been discussed here before but the girls in this country demanding 6'0, 6'2, 6'4 men when in reality most of them are only 5'0,5'2,5'4 is just plain wrong if you ask me.

Among younger populations it is 5'5' like all other EE countries. For the U.S it is 5'3''. The thing is they add all the female populations meaning both anyone 18 and over and so it is skewed, but you don't need to worry. I also aim for the same ranges as you and I do well so as I said don't let it get to you. American women demand everything because they are evil.

Average height for women in the USA is 5'5 according to wikipedia. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_height

They don't list Russian or Ukrainian but from what I can tell most of them roll between 5'3 - 5'7 which is perfect height in my opinion for a woman.

If the average women height in the US is 5'5 then why are they demanding 6'2 to 6'4 men almost a full foot taller. I havent seen one Russian girls profile that demands height yet to date. It just tells me it's a cultural issue that all US women must demand NBA type men. At 5'10 a woman here who is 5'5 should be able to put on 3 inch heels and I still have 2 inches on her but no they demand more, more, more!
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Postby frontier » Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:06 pm

eurobrat wrote:
frontier wrote:

Average height for women in the USA is 5'5 according to wikipedia. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_height

They don't list Russian or Ukrainian but from what I can tell most of them roll between 5'3 - 5'7 which is perfect height in my opinion for a woman.

If the average women height in the US is 5'5 then why are they demanding 6'2 to 6'4 men almost a full foot taller. I havent seen one Russian girls profile that demands height yet to date. It just tells me it's a cultural issue that all US women must demand NBA type men. At 5'10 a woman here who is 5'5 should be able to put on 3 inch heels and I still have 2 inches on her but no they demand more, more, more!

That 5'5'' average is skewed because you it includes women of all ages. Now if your thing is r grannies, then you buy into that range. But among young women it is 5'3'' to 5'4'' in th U.S. while in EE it is 5'5'' among young women. I have seen profiles where they demand it too, but it is few. They do demand intelligence and cleanliness. So if you walk around with food stains or don't shower, then you are not going to win over there. American women like men that look like and act like shit because shit attracts shit. You need to worry about how you act more than anything in Eastern Europe. If you act like some big shot douche bag, then you are in for a bad time. Read some books, and don't come across as a redneck. It is really not complicated.
frontier
Freshman Poster

Postby Jackal » Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:10 am

eurobrat wrote:@Jackal

In Hungary, I would say that there are more people with dark hair than with light hair, but there aren't nearly as many people with dark hair as in Romania. There are also Hungarian blondes, red heads, and brunettes who have light hair. Everything is an ethnic mish-mash (of mostly white people): some girls look like they could be German, some look like they're Italian, and some look like they're Slovakian. There are some tall people here, but not as many as elsewhere. 5' 10" is quite normal for Hungary and wouldn't be considered "short."
Jackal
Experienced Poster

Postby djfourmoney » Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:17 am

I use Elena's Models but haven't paid for a subscription. I contacted three women using a direct purchase, it was cheap. I have used those up, so I have to buy membership now.

Nothing really happen, not sure why but its not important. I use Lucky Lovers as well and I met Larisa that way, hung out with her for a days and hit it. Nice woman, not as cute as I want, has a child too, 34 at the time.

Anyway both sites work, affordable and reputable.

You may want to look at renting an apartment short term, it may be affordable than many really good hotels. Hostels are another option, very affordable. If your dealing with women in their 20's and you know they'll be coming over, get an apartment. My friend did and he had girls over on a regular.... Did I mention he was Black???

Just go and have a good time, find some girls to meet and see what happens. If you want a listing of the best nightclubs in Kiev let me know....
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby aozora13 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:00 am

djfourmoney wrote:I use Elena's Models but haven't paid for a subscription. I contacted three women using a direct purchase, it was cheap. I have used those up, so I have to buy membership now.

Nothing really happen, not sure why but its not important. I use Lucky Lovers as well and I met Larisa that way, hung out with her for a days and hit it. Nice woman, not as cute as I want, has a child too, 34 at the time.

Anyway both sites work, affordable and reputable.

You may want to look at renting an apartment short term, it may be affordable than many really good hotels. Hostels are another option, very affordable. If your dealing with women in their 20's and you know they'll be coming over, get an apartment. My friend did and he had girls over on a regular.... Did I mention he was Black???

Just go and have a good time, find some girls to meet and see what happens. If you want a listing of the best nightclubs in Kiev let me know....

Your friend most be lucky. It is depressing in Vienna. Ukraine or Russia might be better.
aozora13
Freshman Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Russia, Ukraine, Former Soviet Republics