Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

N/A

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to Russia, Ukraine, or the former Soviet Republics.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Postby eurobrat » Sat Sep 24, 2011 1:02 am

djfourmoney wrote:I use Elena's Models but haven't paid for a subscription. I contacted three women using a direct purchase, it was cheap. I have used those up, so I have to buy membership now.

Nothing really happen, not sure why but its not important. I use Lucky Lovers as well and I met Larisa that way, hung out with her for a days and hit it. Nice woman, not as cute as I want, has a child too, 34 at the time.

Anyway both sites work, affordable and reputable.

You may want to look at renting an apartment short term, it may be affordable than many really good hotels. Hostels are another option, very affordable. If your dealing with women in their 20's and you know they'll be coming over, get an apartment. My friend did and he had girls over on a regular.... Did I mention he was Black???

Just go and have a good time, find some girls to meet and see what happens. If you want a listing of the best nightclubs in Kiev let me know....

Eh, I'm so over the night club thing having grown up in L.A. I wore myself out in hollywood and wasted so much money. I'm ready for a good old fashion night in cooking dinner, good conversation, sex and an expensive bottle of wine. What's wrong with a nice quiet evening in?

Do the women still do that in the Ukraine?

I do think the short term apartment rental is the way to go and not much more than a hostel.
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Postby ajvf97 » Sat Sep 24, 2011 1:54 am

When in Eastern Europe, renting an apartment is the way to go regardless of whether it's short term or long term. You'll actually save some money doing this. It'll be cheaper than a hotel and if you look for an apartment in the city center/main square you'll be within walking distance to most of the action. This will save you money on a cab ride and if you're too drunk after a party at least you won't have far to stagger. Also, the cab drivers won't take you for a ride financially or literally. You'll get privacy because you won't have to worry about housekeeping staff knocking on your door the morning after a night out or if you are just recharging on the couch between sightseeing, etc. If you invite people back to your place then you won't have to worry about hotel staff bothering you about the noise. Some rental agencies can even arrange to pick you up at the airport if you want. It's simply more advantageous to rent an apartment.
ajvf97
Freshman Poster

Postby eurobrat » Sat Sep 24, 2011 12:11 pm

Well Hostels are the cheap way to go but there is virtually NO PRIVACY. I do enjoy meeting people at Hostels though.

I also had one situation in Amsterdam about 4 years ago where I found a girl that was wanting to come back to my room but the british guy behind the counter wouldn't let me even after I offered him 50 euros.
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Re: Planning a trip to the Ukraine need help!

Postby Contrarian Expatriate » Sat Sep 24, 2011 3:14 pm

eurobrat wrote:I have a nice little bonus coming towards me this month so I want to start planning a trip. To my extent, a trip to the Ukraine is pretty cheap it seems like. Much cheaper than Europe.

Airfare $950/w Taxes
Lodging $35/day to rent an apartment ($490)
Food/Alcohol $20/day average ($280)
$200 cushion for everything else

14 day trip = $1920

Am I missing anything? Seems pretty cheap to me...

I think you are doing great by going to Ukraine, but I hope you are not going to Kiev? Guys usually like to do the capitals but some of the smaller cities can be more fruitful due to the lack of tourists and Americans. Kiev is getting full of older American men relocating there to find love and the American coolness factor has worn thin just a little.

Your airfare is a victory. However, 20 dollars a day for food might be a little ambitious especially if you are meeting women at cafes for coffee and finger food. Also, you might want to hit some of the nicer spots for dinner a few times, hopefully with company. Expect to pay on average 35 to 40 with all that factored in.

Give yourself a 500 cushion for taxis, incidentals, mishaps like lost or forgotten items that you need, etc.

Ukraine will be doggone cold from now until summer so you will have to pack warm heavy clothes, gloves boots, etc. You don't want to get there and freeze yourself out of hanging out.

I leave for Azerbaijan in a week and a half, myself. One difference between you and me is that I do the hotel thing. I pay little due to accumulated points, and I love the hot women that invariably work at the hotels bars, cafes, spas, etc who tell me where to hang out and sometimes meet me later for drinks and sometimes more. I don't have to worry about scrubbing the toilet, tub, and stove clean when I leave. I just prefer well-located hotels, but some insist on apartments.

Make a copy of the information page of your passport and keep that as your ID as you roam around town. Double lock your shit in that apartment because you don't know who else has access to it!

Have fun!
Feel free to visit my sites and to leave your respected words of wisdom:

http://thedeclineofmyamerica.blogspot.com/

http://www.youtube.com/user/ContrarianExpatriate
Contrarian Expatriate
Experienced Poster

Postby eurobrat » Sat Sep 24, 2011 6:09 pm

Your right $20 is a little slim, but I wanted to put that as an average. I can understand how some women wouldn't want to meet some American guy for a first date at his apartment and cook dinner but after maybe 2 dates they might be open to it right?

Is it possible to do some day trips out of Kiev by train? Or maybe rent a car? I prefer the train so I can have a few drinks and enjoy myself.

I have 2 passports do Europeans get more respect in the Ukraine than Americans?
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Postby Contrarian Expatriate » Sat Sep 24, 2011 7:06 pm

eurobrat wrote:Your right $20 is a little slim, but I wanted to put that as an average. I can understand how some women wouldn't want to meet some American guy for a first date at his apartment and cook dinner but after maybe 2 dates they might be open to it right?

Unless they are working girls or semi-pros, I do not think such is likely. But I could be wrong.

eurobrat wrote:Is it possible to do some day trips out of Kiev by train? Or maybe rent a car? I prefer the train so I can have a few drinks and enjoy myself.

Of course. You might want to do your itinerary beforehand. Be mindful of the age of the trains they use, because older ones might be quite uncomfortable. Finally, guard your stuff on the train because pick pockets abound especially if you nod off.

eurobrat wrote:Do Europeans get more respect in the Ukraine than Americans?

That is a question best addressed by Ladislav who was born there. My opinion would be yes, European men do tend to have a slight cultural advantage apart from the sloppy Brits. Not because of being European, but American men have the tendency to lack the panache and sophistication of Euro men around women. Speak at an easy pace with simple English and in a lower pitch voice than usual and use no slang. American men tend to ramble in that frantic, slang-ridden way to keep American girls entertained. Eastern European women often tell me that they usually cannot fully understand most Americans because of the frenetic pace of speech, however they understand me because I speak international English at a moderate pace and no slang terms.

American men sometimes expect to go around in a baseball cap, tennis shoes and expect to pull quality women. If you wear a simple blazer and nice (but comfortable shoes) you will do as well as the Euros. Women over there also look at things like your watch, your mobile phone and they get cues as to whether or not you are worth indulging. That does not mean go wear a 1000 dollar watch and buy an expensive phone. It means that if you wear a $50 classic watch over that $200 casio digital thing, it will go farther.

Also, try ordering a glass of red wine instead of drinking a beer. That sends a message too. All in all, project worldliness and not the typical American stereotypes and you will be rewarded.

Try to keep your distance from local men, unless they are on the staff. Befriend all bartenders, bouncers, valets and they will protect and offer friendly advice. The male patrons are another story, be polite but distant especially when they get drunk. Enjoy your cocktails, but do not ever get drunk as a foreigner overseas. You are making yourself into a target for robbery or theft.

Take a look at this link where I gave more insight on how to travel:

http://thedeclineofmyamerica.blogspot.com/search?q=bourdain

Contrarian Expatriate
Experienced Poster

Postby eurobrat » Sat Sep 24, 2011 7:31 pm

I am only asking that because I have an American Passport and an Italian one. Is it better for me to use my Italian passport in public in a place like the Ukraine?

I am very astute to Western European culture, so I know how to not "act american" and speak very slowly with those who speak english as a second language and avoid slang.
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Postby Contrarian Expatriate » Sat Sep 24, 2011 7:47 pm

eurobrat wrote:I am only asking that because I have an American Passport and an Italian one. Is it better for me to use my Italian passport in public in a place like the Ukraine?

To me, the labeling of your nationality is not so important as your presentation and vibe. But unless you have the Italian accent and affectations, it might be worth it to say your an Italian who lives in America (Not Italian-American lest you be thought of Jersey Shore.)

Experiment with both and see which gets a better reaction.

Contrarian Expatriate
Experienced Poster

Postby eurobrat » Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:14 pm

So I take it you have never answered this question before :)

I'm fine with being a guinea pig for you guys.
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Postby eurobrat » Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:50 pm

And I am far from Jersey Shore.
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Postby UkrainianGuide » Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:28 pm

Hello Eurobat, maybe my reply is too late, but if you still need I could help you to find decent and inexpensive accomodation, give advice about the cheapest transfer by train or bus from one Ukrainian city to another, show you around the city with its best historical sights and show you cafes where you can have meals for about $4-5. $20 for meals in Kiev can be enough for one day but only for 1 person, though in smaller cities it could be enough for 2 days. I think that a T-shirt wouldn't be the best gift for a Ukrainian girls, because 90% of them don't wear T-shirts. It would be better to bring them a photoalbum about the place you live, a perfume or some jewelry. The overage height of Ukrainian women is about 5'6-5'7 to my mind. You should be very careful about meeting ladies from model agencies as there the most beautiful ladies are selected and for some of them it's just a job and nothing personal. Maybe you'll be lucky but it would be better to be careful. I think if you are looking for marriage it's better to concentrate your attention on provincial girls as they are usually more family-oriented and tend to create family and have children in younger age then women from big cities.
If you or other forum members need any help or have any questions, you are welcome to contact me: elaine485@hotmail.com
I would be happy to reply!
UkrainianGuide
Freshman Poster

Postby magnum » Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:02 pm

@euroBrat

Good luck to you, I'm going to be vary interested if you can pull a relationship from just a 2 week stay, as I have about the same budget in mind if i go for a trip, but I'd be heading east hehe.

Another unrelated question to you EuroBrat, you said you did a lot of partying in L.A, I've been thinking of hitting some of the clubs in L.A to try and find some foreign born asian girls, have any experience with that or any idea if hey go to clubs at all? thanks.
magnum
Junior Poster

Postby Sam I Am » Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:08 am

Eurobrat, when I was in the Ukraine I gave the girls I liked these little sample size bottles of perfume. They came nicely packaged in sets of 5. Got them at the airport duty free store for around 15 dollars each. They went over quite well. I think higher end cosmetics would be much appreciated also, especially with the less affluent ladies. I had some business cards made up before I went to give to women with my contact information. I spent a few extra dollars and got fancy ones. Much better than scribbling your name and address on a scrap of paper. When I returned to the US I got about a 10 percent response rate. Not bad for a guy who looks like a bull terrier with a shaved head. Looking forward to your trip report. Sam
Sam I Am
Freshman Poster

Postby eurobrat » Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:39 pm

magnum wrote:@euroBrat

Good luck to you, I'm going to be vary interested if you can pull a relationship from just a 2 week stay, as I have about the same budget in mind if i go for a trip, but I'd be heading east hehe.

Another unrelated question to you EuroBrat, you said you did a lot of partying in L.A, I've been thinking of hitting some of the clubs in L.A to try and find some foreign born asian girls, have any experience with that or any idea if hey go to clubs at all? thanks.

My Aunt use to work at the Garden Of Eden in Hollywood (Now called "My House"). They had an Asian night on Saturday's. You do not have to be Asian to go, I went a few times and met 1st generation and 2nd generation Asian women from all over. I got free drinks all the time from aunty, ahhh those where the day's back when I was young and ripe at the age of 21. Now I'm old and shriveled at 25.

It is a club though so expect the club scene, I recommend bring a wingman or else you might look awkward.
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Postby eurobrat » Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:41 pm

Thanks for the advice everyone!
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Russia, Ukraine, Former Soviet Republics