Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

World's Most Traveled Man Chooses Kiev as his new home

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to Russia, Ukraine, or the former Soviet Republics.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

World's Most Traveled Man Chooses Kiev as his new home

Postby Think Different » Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:03 pm

While you're checking out the gorgeous women in the video, listen to what he has to say about the city/country. This man was born in 1940, making him about 70 years old:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jl8spAfTtO0&feature=share[/youtube]
Think Different
Junior Poster

Postby gsjackson » Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:31 pm

Well, this video cinches it. I was thinking about spending three months in Kiev in the fall, now I'm pretty certain I will.

And thanks for all the RT videos. I've got to start checking them out regularly. Living in a country without a legitimate news source can be frustrating.
gsjackson
Experienced Poster

Postby Twobrains » Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:55 pm

According to the BBC, the temperature in Kiev will be -22 degrees centigrade tonight. Winters can be very harsh.
Twobrains
Freshman Poster

Postby Think Different » Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:00 pm

Twobrains wrote:According to the BBC, the temperature in Kiev will be -22 degrees centigrade tonight. Winters can be very harsh.

Yes, but it's probably state-controlled heating, meaning it's on all the time and intense. When I lived in Russia it was so hot in the winter that I had to keep the windows cracked to moderate the temp. There is no shorting of heating fuel in Russia. Also, all of Europe is going through an unusual cold snap last week and this week. It's in the 20s in central Italy right now, and we're expecting a second snowstorm of 15+ inches this weekend. Check the weather.com annual averages for temps. Besides, if you find a nice Ukrainian girl, she'll keep you nice and warm.
Think Different
Junior Poster

Postby jamesbond » Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:11 am

gsjackson wrote:Well, this video cinches it. I was thinking about spending three months in Kiev in the fall, now I'm pretty certain I will.

Yes, my sentiments exactly! I am in the process of learning Russian (since that is the language used in western Urkraine for the most part) and I am working two jobs. I don't have much free time but who cares, some day I will be visiting a country that I have always wanted to visit, meeting the type of women that I have always wanted to meet! :D
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby have2fly » Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:13 am

Amazing video! Now I understand why my friends want to move back to Kiev from the U.S. It changed so much! Looks amazing, so historic and modern. I am definitely up for visiting Kiev as well.
have2fly
Junior Poster

Kiev

Postby WorldTraveler » Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:28 pm

I've lived in Kiev before. It is Westernizing very quickly. It's getting very expensive. All those beautiful shots of Kiev are all taken around the historic central area of town. The whole city does not look beautiful. It looks just like the typical ugly Russian city. If you've got lots of money it could be a great place to live. If you can't get a women, you can always buy a whore there. If a guy this age has a young beautiful girl, he's paying a lot to keep her! Also this guy is working for the Ukrainian airline to promote Ukraine.
WorldTraveler
Junior Poster

Return to Russia, Ukraine, Former Soviet Republics