Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Violence at Euro 2012

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to Russia, Ukraine, or the former Soviet Republics.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Violence at Euro 2012

Postby zboy1 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:20 pm

Man, wth is going on in Ukraine and Poland????

Russia beating two Polish in Wroclaw, Poland
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOm4IN1G9yU[/youtube]

Video of brutal clashes between Russian & Polish fans in Warsaw
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wsr1NSHXAc[/youtube]

Poland hooligans attack Russian fans EURO 2012
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tE4gf0_DtN8[/youtube]

Polish thugs attack English-speaking fans and hurl racist abuse Euro 2012
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJJHjqs7A5I[/youtube]

Polish thugs attack English-speaking fans and hurl racist abuse at Holland stars as trouble flares at start of Euro 2012

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z1xcjUvgZl

Threatening: Supporters of Karpaty Lviv hold a German Nazi flag during a football match in Ukraine. Fears are growing that the tournament, which starts today, could be ruined by neo-Nazi rioters

Ukraine supporter Anti-Russia flag

Nationalist Russian flag displayed during Poland vs Russia game
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

@zboy1

Postby Iawesome60 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:21 am

I would be afraid of going to those football games because of my race. It is vacuous to hurt someone whether it is the language they speak, the team they like, or their race. Hurting someone can be physically or mentally. Mentally hurting someone means making offensive noises, showing offensive symbols, and using offensive words. Hurting someone physically means using any form of violence on anyone.

There nice and mean people in all countries.
Last edited by Iawesome60 on Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
There aren't many attractive women (inside and outside) in America. A man wants a physically attractive woman with attractive personality traits. American women usually don't have that combination.

Ever since I found Winston's website and read the information on there, my life has been much easier and I've been a MUCH more happier person!

No matter how good she looks, some other guy is sick and tired of putting up with her crap. ~Author Unknown (Quote about women)
Iawesome60
Freshman Poster

Postby Google » Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:17 pm

"Ukraine gives racism the red card" on Euronews

Lviv, one of Ukraine’s host-cities for Euro 2012, is well-known for its architectural beauty, cosy cafes and authentic coffee.

Supporters of the local football club, Karpaty, are considered to be among the most patriotic and passionate fans in the country. Sometimes however this passion – for football, their club and country – turns from national pride and patriotism to xenophobia and racism.

Taras Pavliv is the head of the public association “Forever Faithfulâ€￾, and more informally one of the leaders of the fan movement of Karpaty Lviv. Commenting on the scandal of racism in Ukrainian stadiums which was recently reported in the European media, he admits that racism does exist, but says the scale has been exaggerated by journalists.

“There is racism at matches. At all matches whether in Ukraine, or elsewhere in the world. There are some displays of it in Lviv as well. One of the reasons for this is that some youngsters confuse nationalism with racism. It’s a very thin line which is all too easy to cross. Ukrainian fans mostly limit themselves to hand gestures, but in Europe – France or England – it is much worse, with beatings and killings. We don’t have the same level of violence compared with the rest of Europe,â€￾ he said.

Another fan of Karpaty, Andriy Markovec, says he saw how foreign media distort the facts when his British friends sent him a video that had aired on British television:

“Every summer fans from the whole of Europe come to Lviv to take part in a friendly football tournament. I got the link to a report of it on British TV from my friends from Liverpool, who had visited Ukraine several times and liked it. They were laughing saying ‘look, it appears that it’s too dangerous to go to Ukraine.â€￾

Black Soccer Fans Address Euro 2012 Racism Claims

So, how dangerous is it to be a nonwhite soccer fan in Ukraine?

Foreign fans traveling to Ukraine -- and Poland -- for the Euro 2012 championship that kicked off on June 8 thought they had plenty of reasons to be wary.

But in Kyiv at least, the picture so far has been mixed -- some foreign fans suggest the concerns about racist abuse have been exaggerated, while longer-term black residents tell of sporadic incidents of abuse or assault.

The racism fears were heightened ahead of the tournament primarily by a BBC documentary that included footage of soccer hooligans from Ukraine assaulting a group of Asian students and making Nazi salutes at a recent match in Kharkiv. Former England defender Sol Campbell, reacting to the footage, said not to go to Ukraine and Poland or risk "coming back in a coffin."

Despite the critical coverage, black soccer fans like 27-year-old Emeka Bona from New York have traveled to Europe's largest soccer festival believing the reports to reflect the views of only a minority of far-right fans.

"I knew that a select few were not a representation of the entire country. I chose to come, and I made plans and I went with them," Bona says.

Lishen, a 30-year-old Londoner in Ukraine for the Euros, says Ukrainians have been very welcoming in the 36 hours he has been in Kyiv. He recounts how he and an American friend sat in a park with local fans, drinking beer and singing Bob Marley songs into the early hours of the morning.

"After seeing the stuff on [the BBC's] 'Panorama' and Sol Campbell's comments, and stuff like that, it was a concern," Lishen says. "But in all honesty, I have not had any issues whatsoever."

http://www.rferl.org/content/black-fans ... 10940.html ...
Google
Freshman Poster

Postby Jester » Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:08 am

Google wrote:"

Lishen, a 30-year-old Londoner in Ukraine for the Euros, says Ukrainians have been very welcoming in the 36 hours he has been in Kyiv. He recounts how he and an American friend sat in a park with local fans, drinking beer and singing Bob Marley songs into the early hours of the morning.

"After seeing the stuff on [the BBC's] 'Panorama' and Sol Campbell's comments, and stuff like that, it was a concern," Lishen says. "But in all honesty, I have not had any issues whatsoever."

http://www.rferl.org/content/black-fans ... 10940.html ...[/quote]

Ain't it the truth? Check out YouTube, and:

--Mexicans in "La Raza" are planning to kill whitey.
--Narcos are cutting heads off in Tijuana.
-- Ukrainians are going to kill Blacks.
yada yada yada

The truth? Most places are full of people who are pretty decent most of the time. If they have some anger (like, say, a Ukrainian whose grandparents were raped and tortured by Communists) then maybe we have to use a little salesmanship to break the ice and get past the suspicion.

Hats off to the guys who ignore fearmongers and travel anyway.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Return to Russia, Ukraine, Former Soviet Republics