Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

EURO 2012 in Ukraine

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to Russia, Ukraine, or the former Soviet Republics.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

EURO 2012 in Ukraine

Postby Google » Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:18 pm

LVIV

The Germans have mentioned that the beer in Lviv is cheap and the girls are very beautiful. “We've been walking around since Lviv Fan Zone opening ceremony yesterday. We had to go to bed at 1 or 2 am to rest properly. But we couldn't. Your cafes are open 24/7, the cuisine is delicious and festive atmosphere is everywhereâ€￾, Thomas, 20, from Munich says.

Four fans from Frankfurt are staying for 11 days in an apartment in front of the City Hall tower. “We have tickets for all matches with German national team in Lviv. When we are resting on the balcony, people are looking at us and say “Hello!. We got Lviv's flag today. We have hung it on the balconyâ€￾. Germans, Portuguese, Danes, English, Dutch, the Americans are walking around Lviv.

A fan from the Netherlands has arrived by car together with his girlfriend. They have brought their bicycles: “I like it better, nice weather! Would I be able to see all these beautiful buildings from my car?â€￾

“I wonder how this could have happened? Why haven't we been here before? It is like real Europe! You've got English signs, people understand meâ€￾, Jean says.

Andrew from the States has hardly climbed up the City Hall tower: “I like football very much and have come here on purpose, saw nice photos on the Internet. I've been mostly impressed by the City Hall tower. We haven't got such buildings in Minnesota where I am from. I will certainly bring my friends here to show the roofs of Lvivâ€￾.

Foreigners are impressed that Wi-Fi is in every Lviv café. “I didn't expect that! My iPhone “graspsâ€￾ Wi-Fi wherever I am. Are you living on-line here?... Oh, I am calling my friend via Skypeâ€￾, - Mark from Great Britain says, who has come to Lviv with friends for three days.

“You've got such cute emoticons on columns. What does this mean? You are smiling a lot!â€￾, Jörg from Germany asks about the programme “Friendly Cityâ€￾.

Restaurant keepers say that people order mostly beer and wonder that it is very cheap. Everyone likes borsch a lot but not all enjoy varenyky (dishes from Ukrainian national cuisine).

Fans in Lviv (Ukraine)

http://gazeta.ua

While Lviv’s Euro-2012 turn on has introduced other Europeans to the city’s charm, Lviv residents have been introduced to their European neighbors too, and they like what they see.

"I don't want the fans to go home! Europeans, do you hear me? Stay here!," said Lviv resident Diana, 25. "We like you very, very much!“

"The place to be on match days is Market Square," says Markian, 30. "Plenty of people in national colors, singing national anthems and dancing traditional dances.... a Carnival atmosphere, he said. "I take my seat in a cafe, order a beer or a coke, and watch everything happening.

"The merriest fans are the Germans. On the first day they made a real show! And after their victory, they celebrated the whole night through."

Everyone remembers the Germans, said Maksim, who lives on Svoboda Avenue. He can watch what’s going on in the Fan Zone from a chair on his balcony, "my own VIP Fan Zone," he said. He had some opinions about the activities he can see from his perch. "The Germans are the most active on the Fan Zone. They are great supporters," he said. "To my mind, the German team managed to win that first game because of this brilliant support. Last night when the Portuguese team was playing, their fans reacted rather calmly to the win. On the other hand, the Danish are very loud and like to sing."

Oksana, who works in a travel agency, said she noticed restaurants full to capacity on her lunch hour. "I hardly managed to find a vacant seat. There were so many of fans everywhere," she said. "Sitting next to me were Portuguese fans who ordered sushi. They were very beautiful. I just adore them singing their popular song Nossa.

"The Portuguese, well, everybody I think, like our girls," said Oleksij, 27. "But our girls are great. They resist all the provocations. My girlfriend says no matter how tanned the Portuguese boys are, she loves me the most."

Nobody expected the impact the Danish fans would have on the city singing, shouting and laughing. "They are real Vikings! It was really funny," said Olja, 20.

"After they saw our prices, it was really unbelievable!," said Oksana, a shop assistant, 40. "They started to buy everything in sight: beer, cigarettes, food. I have heard Denmark is a very expensive country."

"I went to the village for a week. I just didn't want to see all that EURO," said Nadja, 19. "But yesterday my friends called and made me come out. They convinced me that I could not miss something like this. And I really enjoyed it! We had a lot of fun watching the fans. I will never ever flee from the city again.

http://uefaeuro2012.lviv.ua/en/news/all ... eo_/12781/

http://kira-nessis.livejournal.com/228596.html

“Lviv Volunteers are real professionals,â€￾ Consul General of Poland said.

Yaroslav Drozd, Consul General of Poland in Lviv, visited “Lviv 2012â€￾ Media Centre. While preparing for EURO 2012, city succeeded in infrastructure and communications development. Organization is perfect. Everything is done to meet fans’ requirements: transport, amusements. Work of volunteers was organized irreproachably. They carry out their functions professionally as well as help the tourists, provide them with useful information. Lviv promotes itself perfectly.â€￾ Yaroslav Drozd noted

Google
Freshman Poster

Postby Google » Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:54 pm

Almost 500 foreign fans having come here for Euro-2012 have already found accommodation for themselves in Ukrainian families thanks to the “Laskavo prosymo (Welcome)! Welcome to Ukraine!â€￾ webpage that had been specially launched by Ukrainian enthusiasts on Facebook.

This has been announced by one of the activists of the unique public initiative on Facebook, 26-year-old Maksym Prodan from Kyiv, Ukrinform reports.

“It is difficult to quote the exact statistics about the number of Ukrainians who have hosted foreign fans in their families free of charge as of the present time because some people are coming, while others are leaving. But the number of those foreign fans who have already confirmed their stay in Ukraine has already reached almost 500,â€￾ he said. Meanwhile, Prodan has added that this initiative was a response from those Ukrainians who were not indifferent to incredibly high accommodation prices in Ukrainian hotels during Euro-2012.

He has also announced the number of Ukrainians to have agreed to provide temporary accommodation to foreigners free of charge: “Almost 1,000 Ukrainian families in total have agreed. As of this moment alone, 650 announcements have been posted on our website: 450 from Ukrainians and 200 from those foreign fans who intend to visit Ukraine in the near future and need accommodation.â€￾

http://ukraine2012.gov.ua/en/news/194/54282/

Euronews amazed at Ukraine’s EURO 2012 preparations

Michael Peters, CEO of Euronews, at a meeting with Ukraine's Prime Minister on Thursday emphasized the high level of Ukraine’s preparations for the 2012 UEFA European Football Championship, the Cabinet’s press office said in a statement.

Peters said that after seeing the new airport in Kyiv he was amazed at and proud of Ukraine, because he did not expect such level.

The premier said that in preparation for EURO 2012 Ukraine has managed to be properly prepared to welcome guests, built stadiums, airports, train stations, high-speed railways, roads, while Poland received support from the European Union. "No one has helped us, we all did by our own, and did as much as Poland..."

http://ukraine2012.gov.ua/en/news/191/54326/
Google
Freshman Poster

Postby Seeker » Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:00 pm

Was pleased to watch that shithole bitch country Ukraine get beaten by England.
Seeker
Freshman Poster

Postby Dogboy86 » Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:20 pm

Thank you Google for your post. It is a nice contrast to much of the fear mongering the race baiter here have laid out. I wish I liked soccer now... lol
"Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity"!!!
Dogboy86
Freshman Poster

Postby Blue Murder » Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:52 pm

England's playing like shite. Surprised to hear they beat Ukraine. Who do you reckon'll take the cup this year?
Self-improvement addict. Always striving for perfection.
Blue Murder
Junior Poster

Postby ladislav » Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:43 am

The Brits saw the girls there and they started playing like crazy. Can you imagine being a loser there? What Ukrainian girl would want to date you, then? The Ukrainians were so used to the girls, they knew they would date them irregardless, so that's why they did not play as hard.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Seeker » Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:21 am

ladislav wrote:The Brits saw the girls there and they started playing like crazy. Can you imagine being a loser there? What Ukrainian girl would want to date you, then? The Ukrainians were so used to the girls, they knew they would date them irregardless, so that's why they did not play as hard.

I don't know what you're talking about. The England team is made up of athletes who date models and celebrities. Ukrainian whores would be beneath their calibre.
Seeker
Freshman Poster

Postby Google » Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:30 pm

England's playing like shite. Surprised to hear they beat Ukraine.

actually people saw a goal into England gates but the judge didn't see it! if Shevchenko wasn't knee injured and played since the beginning of the game and they had a fair judges, Ukraine would've won the game Ukr 2-1 Eng

Top world and European football officials have expressed their views at the problem of the goal scored by Marko Dević against the English team that was not allowed to stand. Let us remind you that the referee’s mistake did not enable Ukrainians to equal the score in the middle of the second half of the match and to fight for reaching the quarter-final.
Google
Freshman Poster

Postby Google » Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:35 pm

Seeker wrote: shithole bitch country

what is? what you mean :!: :?:
Google
Freshman Poster

Postby Google » Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:39 pm

Euro chronicle: Day twelve

Swedish fans promise to return to Kyiv

At this moment, Swedish fans are festively parading to the NSC “Olimpiskiyâ€￾ in Kyiv. Today, the Sweden National Team will play its last group stage match against England.

As they march, fans are singing and chanting “Kyiv- our city! We will come back for sure! We love Kyiv!â€￾

Swedish fans have already been in Kyiv about 10 days, and have been fortunate to have all three Group D stage matches to played in Kyiv. About 40thousand Swedes have traveled to the capital for EURO 2012, and nearly 5thousand resided in the Swedish fan camp on Truhaniv Island. Kyiv has taken well to the Swedish fans.

“Kyiv is lucky to have Swedish fans. They are probably one of the most amicable fans in Europe. Greeted with hospitality and mutual respect, Swedish fans are delighted with the atmosphere of friendship they have found in Kyiv. I hope it will continue,â€￾ spoke Oleksander Popov a few days earlier.

«Campbell, you are wrong» – England fans sang in centre of Donetsk

A rally of English fans who condemned remarks made by English footballer Sol Campbell accusing Ukraine of racism, was held in the centre of Donetsk. Fans held their event at their favorite pub in the capital of Donbas, «Golden Lion».

Commenting on the remarks of racism in Ukraine made by Sol Campbell, the British strongly condemned his statements, calling them false. "Campbell, you're wrong", the British sang at the rally in the centre of Donetsk.

A reminder that former England player Sol Campbell had earlier called on British fans to refrain from traveling to Euro-2012. The player felt his compatriots could supposedly become victims of racist attacks in Ukraine.

Please see the photos from the location of events.

British human rights activist: No racism in Ukraine

A Member of the Order of the British Empire for defending human rights in Central and Eastern Europe, Clare Dimyon, has not seen manifestations of racism in Ukraine. Clare Dimyon said this on 18 June at a meeting with Kharkiv City Mayor Hennadiy Kernes, the press service of the “first capitalâ€￾ city authority reports.

The human rights activist has noted that the 2012 European Football Championship has become a feast of unity for all its participants and guests. She has emphasized that she had paid a working visits to all countries of Central and Eastern Europe, except for the Republic of Belarus, but she “had never anywhere else seen such a good, sincere and hospitable attitude to guests of the country like in Ukraineâ€￾.

Clare Dimyon also noted that she was impressed by polite law-enforcers and the clean underground in Kharkiv. Clare Dimyon also noted that she had not seen a single manifestation of an intolerant attitude to people of other races or ethnic origin during her stay in different Ukrainian cities, including Kharkiv. “I have seen a lot of dark-skinned people in many places, including stadiums.

While looking at them, one cannot say that they feel stress or depression in your country. I can tell you absolutely confidently that I had not seen racist sentiments here: at least, they are spread here no more than they are in London. It would be worth the BBC to tell the truth about this. Therefore, I am grateful to residents of Kharkiv for granting me an opportunity to rehabilitate the good name of the Brits and to tell the truth to the world,â€￾ the Member of the Order of the British Empire noted.

English players impressed by playing field at Donbas Arena

The football pitch at the Donbas stadium in Donetsk, where the national teams of Ukraine and England will play tonight, coped perfectly with the storm that raged in Donetsk in the previous match between the Ukrainians and French.

This is what the head coach of the English team, Roy Hodgson, said during a press conference. He noted that the guests did not expect to see the field in such good condition. "The field is in very good condition, despite the huge downpour that accompanied the match between Ukraine and France.

We did not expect the pitch to look so good, so we were incredibly surprised by this. It is pleasant to look at the field," said the coach of coming Ukrainian opponent. He also added that he is worried about a possible repetition of the vagaries of the weather, as the various services at the stadium showed a high level of readiness to respond to any force majeure situation.

Platini: Ukraine, Poland are already Euro-2012 winners

UEFA President Michel Platini is satisfied with the organization of Euro-2012 and is convinced that both Ukraine and Poland have already gained a victory in this tournament, the Polish Press Agency (PAP) reports.

“I am very satisfied with the way Ukraine and Poland had carried out preparations. These countries have already gained a victory. I congratulate them. The atmosphere is 99-per-cent fantastic,â€￾ Platini emphasized.
He has stressed that, despite numerous problems and great doubts that arose over the course of five years, both countries have coped with the task.

“Not everything is ideal, but I cannot imagine that it could be better, taking into account the immense scope of work these countries had to do,â€￾ Platini emphasized.

http://ukraine2012.gov.ua/en/news/180/54598/
Google
Freshman Poster

Postby lavezzi » Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:19 pm

Blue Murder wrote:England's playing like shite. Surprised to hear they beat Ukraine. Who do you reckon'll take the cup this year?

Germany
lavezzi
Junior Poster

Return to Russia, Ukraine, Former Soviet Republics