There was a topic on Russian mail order bride whistle blower

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to Russia, Ukraine, or the former Soviet Republics.
chanta76
Experienced Poster

There was a topic on Russian mail order bride whistle blower

Post by chanta76 »

I can't find that thread. I use the search function but was it deleted ? I understand that Winston has an affiliate with loveme.

The thread was about Tony Buschean who use to work for two of the biggest romance tour companies and how they don't really screen the girls and how it's all about money.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p99KUN-r ... ure=relmfu[/youtube]

You can see for yourself.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

chanta76
Experienced Poster

Post by chanta76 »

The reason why I posted this is not to cause bad blood with any of the major dating sites. I understand that on Winston Happierabroad site he has links to loveme .com and Anatasia.com/

I can tell from my own experience that anastasia seems shady. I joined briefly and cancel my subscription.

Both loveme and anastasia , you have to pay per letter if you want to write to a girl. I remember for loveme. com (this is going back ) I joined and was writing to a girl from China. I wanted to write to her directly in China and cut the translator out since I was paying per letter and the cost was adding up. The girl said she can't read or write english and wants to use the translator. I said we can use google translation or even better go on skype and try our best. She said no. That's when I figure she must be a fake profile.

I had a sinking feeling that I was being scammed by the translation company . I'm not sure how they are connected to loveme.com but I cancel my membership.

I created a separate thread about if anyone went on these romance tours. viewtopic.php?t=15186

Since no one answer. I google information of how successful these tours are and came across Tony complaint on these two companies.

Either Tony is right or he is bitter ex-employee but the chances of him being bitter to 2 companies is slim. Plus he hasn't said anything bad about Mark Davis romance tours. So I figure Tony must be telling some truth.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

chanta76 wrote:The reason why I posted this is not to cause bad blood with any of the major dating sites. I understand that on Winston Happierabroad site he has links to loveme .com and Anatasia.com/

I can tell from my own experience that anastasia seems shady. I joined briefly and cancel my subscription.

Both loveme and anastasia , you have to pay per letter if you want to write to a girl. I remember for loveme. com (this is going back ) I joined and was writing to a girl from China. I wanted to write to her directly in China and cut the translator out since I was paying per letter and the cost was adding up. The girl said she can't read or write english and wants to use the translator. I said we can use google translation or even better go on skype and try our best. She said no. That's when I figure she must be a fake profile.

I had a sinking feeling that I was being scammed by the translation company . I'm not sure how they are connected to loveme.com but I cancel my membership.

I created a separate thread about if anyone went on these romance tours. viewtopic.php?t=15186

Since no one answer. I google information of how successful these tours are and came across Tony complaint on these two companies.

Either Tony is right or he is bitter ex-employee but the chances of him being bitter to 2 companies is slim. Plus he hasn't said anything bad about Mark Davis romance tours. So I figure Tony must be telling some truth.
This is the impression I gather. The photos on AFA and similar sites are way too polished. Every woman is perfect, whether it's a 24 years old from Ukraine or a 37 years old from mainland China. The feeling is just too strong that they recruit very good looking girls to pose as candidates, get them to take semi-professional photoshoots, throw in some generous Photoshop airbrushing and - hey presto - here's the kind of girl anybody on the site might fall for. The descriptions are all formulaic and generic, any of them could just be anyone...or noone, for that matter. Much better to stick to the ordinary social/dating sites, where at least you have a 90% chance you're writing directly to the person who put her photo up.
MrPeabody
Experienced Poster

Post by MrPeabody »

Im the one who posted it. It is still available.

viewtopic.php?t=12965&highlight=tony+boschene
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Anastasia

Post by OutWest »

chanta76 wrote:The reason why I posted this is not to cause bad blood with any of the major dating sites. I understand that on Winston Happierabroad site he has links to loveme .com and Anatasia.com/

I would put Anastasia in the category of organized crime. Teams of scam girls to write responses to letters(all of which men pay for, PER LETTER)...photo-shopped BS...all kinds of fake profiles, just keep the cash churning from naive American men. When they get caught, they always blame it on some "bad apple" manager in Russia. I would consider them a criminal enterprise.

Outwest
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Re: There was a topic on Russian mail order bride whistle bl

Post by eurobrat »

Last edited by eurobrat on May 29th, 2013, 5:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

Yeah, those letter writing sites are very shady, and I don't like how much money they cream off desperate guys.

Far better to join a flat rate site, or even a free site like mine.

Of course there are scammers on these sites, but then if you're gonna search for a bride then you better damned well wise up and learn how to spot the decent women. Well that goes for any way you look for a bride really, be it looking in a club or bar or speed dating event etc. etc. etc.

For Russian women Elena's is best. Asian women the Cupid sites are good. Blossoms is cheaper. I've also got any number of Filipinas on my site, and already one of my members is booking a trip to go and visit one or 1000 of them. Lucky guy!
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.