Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Monday nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE AFA Seminar! See locations and dates here.



View Active Topics       View Your Posts       Latest 100 Topics       FAQ Topics       Mobile Friendly Theme


Teaching in Georgia (Former Soviet republic)

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to Russia, Ukraine, or the former Soviet Republics.

Moderators: fschmidt, jamesbond

Post Reply
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 4563
Joined: October 4th, 2007, 5:33 am

Teaching in Georgia (Former Soviet republic)

Post by zboy1 » August 18th, 2012, 6:13 pm

Can anyone tell me about Georgia--namely how the women are, the culture, the people, cost of living, etc., because there's a possibility that I may end up teaching in Georgia for a couple of months. I'm getting interviewed soon, and I'm excited at the chance to teach over there. I'm kinda divided between this job and waiting a couple of months to apply for EPIK (English Program in Korea). I know Korea is a better option, but at this point, I would like to start getting some experience before I head to Asia. I've already applied to many jobs in Asia, but I feel like I'm being turned down and/or being discriminated against in that part of the world.

Anyway, any experiences and descriptions of the country would be very much appreciated!

polya
Junior Poster
Posts: 850
Joined: January 9th, 2008, 8:21 am

Re: Teaching in Georgia (Former Soviet republic)

Post by polya » August 19th, 2012, 6:53 am

zboy1 wrote:Can anyone tell me about Georgia--namely how the women are, the culture, the people, cost of living, etc., because there's a possibility that I may end up teaching in Georgia for a couple of months. I'm getting interviewed soon, and I'm excited at the chance to teach over there. I'm kinda divided between this job and waiting a couple of months to apply for EPIK (English Program in Korea). I know Korea is a better option, but at this point, I would like to start getting some experience before I head to Asia. I've already applied to many jobs in Asia, but I feel like I'm being turned down and/or being discriminated against in that part of the world.

Anyway, any experiences and descriptions of the country would be very much appreciated!


I think you'll have to go and tell us as I don't know anyone whose been there. The closest I've been is the Georgian Restaurant in Moscow's Arbat Street - it's a monument!

Image
"Woman is a violent and uncontrolled animal... If you allow them to achieve complete equality with men, do you think they will be easier to live with? Not at all. Once they have achieved equality, they will be your masters." Cato the Elder

Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 7875
Joined: January 20th, 2009, 10:10 am
Location: Chiang Mai Thailand

Post by Jester » August 19th, 2012, 8:07 am

White, Christian, world-class hospitality, love to sing and dance, tell lies sometimes. You'll have fun no doubt. Economy is booming there I think. NWO companies are investing heavily.
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."

eurobrat
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2338
Joined: August 25th, 2011, 10:18 am

Post by eurobrat » August 19th, 2012, 8:25 am

...
Last edited by eurobrat on May 24th, 2013, 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Contrarian Expatriate
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2249
Joined: December 3rd, 2009, 6:57 am

Post by Contrarian Expatriate » August 19th, 2012, 9:10 am

Jester wrote:White, Christian, world-class hospitality, love to sing and dance, tell lies sometimes. You'll have fun no doubt. Economy is booming there I think. NWO companies are investing heavily.


Worked there for several years. The hospitality is a facade to curry favor and create a sense of obligation. Men will want to invite you to a supra (or eating and drinking fest) and will expect you to be wedded to them and that clan afterwards.

Women are pretty, but off limits due to the strict Orthodox religion. Most westerners resort to the Armenian, Azeri, or mixed Russian/Georgian women who live there. Virginity before marriage is still a virtue and will be enforced by the men in the girl's family.

Smaller towns outside of Tbilisi or Batumi are crime traps and full of poverty.

I would recommend Armenia or Azerbaijan before Georgia. Only the food and wine there make it worth the trouble.
Feel free to visit my sites and to leave your respected words of wisdom:

http://thedeclineofmyamerica.blogspot.com/

http://www.youtube.com/user/ContrarianExpatriate

ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 3606
Joined: September 6th, 2007, 7:30 pm

Post by ladislav » August 19th, 2012, 9:18 am

Georgia is similar to Greece in culture. Or it is something like an Orthodox Christian Iran/ Turkey/ Arab country. Maybe like Sicily. Full of dark haired passionate horny men ( think Stalin as far as what they look like) who guard their women zealously. At a small pretext a dagger appears and ends up between your ribs.

Georgian men lust after Russian women and it is a place for women to go and find husbands.
But the culture, the food and the music are great. The architecture is spectacular.

You can absorb some culture through this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gan1wiyILiI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLfznDdf ... ure=fvwrel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=de9d4nZ_ ... re=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDWSZ8Rw ... ure=fvwrel
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!

SolInvictus
Freshman Poster
Posts: 4
Joined: June 17th, 2012, 4:16 am
Location: Somewhere

Post by SolInvictus » August 28th, 2012, 3:41 pm

I'm actually applying for a job there as well, although I'm looking at it more as a springboard to other EE countries afterwards. From my understanding, it's best to have a good deal of money saved up beforehand, which is what I'm doing.

polya
Junior Poster
Posts: 850
Joined: January 9th, 2008, 8:21 am

Post by polya » September 14th, 2012, 6:50 am

SolInvictus wrote:I'm actually applying for a job there as well, although I'm looking at it more as a springboard to other EE countries afterwards. From my understanding, it's best to have a good deal of money saved up beforehand, which is what I'm doing.


How are you going to get a job there? You need to be there or you will miss out. Their culture is based on "meeting people" and if you're not there, how can you go to an interview?
"Woman is a violent and uncontrolled animal... If you allow them to achieve complete equality with men, do you think they will be easier to live with? Not at all. Once they have achieved equality, they will be your masters." Cato the Elder

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Russia, Ukraine, Former Soviet Republics”