Cultural views on dating

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to Russia, Ukraine, or the former Soviet Republics.
Émigré
Freshman Poster

Cultural views on dating

Post by Émigré »

As a man in my mid-twenties if I asked an eighteen to twenty year old girl on a date in America I would be thought of as strange especially by women. I say eighteen to twenty because I have been single for some time (since I graduated college), wanting a partner that is fun to be around, and at the best years to start a family. Every time a woman has a past relationship she becomes more bitter, cold, and cynical. I read somewhere that having many past relationships also increase the probability she would cheat on a guy because she could compare you to past partners and might not get the same satisfaction. If I were to go on a vacation and ask a girl on a date, or use a site like Vk.com to send a friendly message would it be fine? One of my acquaintances told me age differences aren't a big deal in places like the Eastern bloc and Asia. I was surprised because as I mentioned above in America it would get a lot of negative attention with people asking "Why isn't going for a women his own age?" Once again feminism at it's finest.

That might relate to the decline of marriage and increase divorce rates across the Western world. One of my main motivations on why I avoid Anglo women.
http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/the ... x-afterwar
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Cultural views on dating

Post by Jester »

Émigré wrote:As a man in my mid-twenties if I asked an eighteen to twenty year old girl on a date in America I would be thought of as strange especially by women.
I've seen it, I've heard it, I still just shake my head. Hell not just 50 plus year old Jester has to get out of the Zone -- but my tall, athletic good-looking 25 to 30 year old sons also. Unless they want skanks.

(Brrr. I feel a cold wind blowin' over "Babylon The Great". Prophesy time!)

But as far as your particular situation, here and now: It can be done, I know for a fact... but granted the girl has to be intelligent and "precocious".

Virgin 18 year old probably easier for you to date than non-virgin 18 year old. Less cynicism, more genuine selectivity.

Probably works best if you meet her with her family, rather than with her gf's. if she can see you as the cool YOUNG guy talking to her Mom and Dad, rather than the OLDER guy her friends are skeptical about.

Anyway yeah the point is to GTFO.

No doubt, GTFO.
Émigré
Freshman Poster

Post by Émigré »

Jester wrote:

No doubt, GTFO.
My apologies if you were offended by my question but that doesn't give you an excuse to be rude.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

Émigré wrote:
Jester wrote:

No doubt, GTFO.
My apologies if you were offended by my question but that doesn't give you an excuse to be rude.
I don't think Jester was referring to YOU, Emigre. I think he meant GTFO of the relationship.
polya
Junior Poster

Post by polya »

Émigré wrote:As a man in my mid-twenties if I asked an eighteen to twenty year old girl on a date in America I would be thought of as strange especially by women. I say eighteen to twenty because I have been single for some time (since I graduated college), wanting a partner that is fun to be around, and at the best years to start a family. Every time a woman has a past relationship she becomes more bitter, cold, and cynical. I read somewhere that having many past relationships also increase the probability she would cheat on a guy because she could compare you to past partners and might not get the same satisfaction. If I were to go on a vacation and ask a girl on a date, or use a site like Vk.com to send a friendly message would it be fine? One of my acquaintances told me age differences aren't a big deal in places like the Eastern bloc and Asia. I was surprised because as I mentioned above in America it would get a lot of negative attention with people asking "Why isn't going for a women his own age?" Once again feminism at it's finest.

That might relate to the decline of marriage and increase divorce rates across the Western world. One of my main motivations on why I avoid Anglo women.
http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/the ... x-afterwar
The real answer is for you to set up profiles with your real photo and see what response you get. How would I know what you look like, etc.? Although you clearly want a young girl, I've found girls on the internet dating sites who speak English are "stuck-up" and just like AW.
"Woman is a violent and uncontrolled animal... If you allow them to achieve complete equality with men, do you think they will be easier to live with? Not at all. Once they have achieved equality, they will be your masters." Cato the Elder
Dark_Sol
Freshman Poster

Post by Dark_Sol »

Polya, that is true on dating sites, I wrote to some foriegn girls on dating sites like OKcupid and POF, stuck the f**k up.
Émigré
Freshman Poster

Post by Émigré »

Dark_Sol wrote:Polya, that is true on dating sites, I wrote to some foriegn girls on dating sites like OKcupid and POF, stuck the f**k up.
I tried both those sites. American girls and foreign girls on them are the same. Some of them claim to want a great guy but they don't reply or they play games. I find those two dating sites and others to be worthless and wonder why I even bother maintaining a profile on them.
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Post by OutWest »

Émigré wrote:
Jester wrote:

No doubt, GTFO.

Hey there-

Nothing wrong with your original post- I have known Jester for a while and I don't think he was offended OR being rude- he is just agreeing with you!

But the whole social trap you outline is to force compliance with THEIR agenda, not yours, and there is no cure in the USA, you simply have to get out (GTFO as Jester terms it.) I am in the Philippines married to a girl half my age and no one cares at all. Men compliment me and women are envious. On a few occasions I have been in the city (CDO) and at some event with some middle aged white women also present, and a few glared, but they realize they are so far out of their own element they cannot comprehend anything, but it was fun afterwards to introduce my wife to them after the event...as they squirm in their size 16 outfits...LOL
Few things more fun with a middle aged liberal white woman than introducing oneself as a bloodthirsty soldier of fortune married to a young 100lb nymphomaniac. Never had such fun in the USA! LOL

Outwest
Émigré
Freshman Poster

Post by Émigré »

OutWest wrote:
Émigré wrote:
Jester wrote:

No doubt, GTFO.

Hey there-

Nothing wrong with your original post- I have known Jester for a while and I don't think he was offended OR being rude- he is just agreeing with you!

But the whole social trap you outline is to force compliance with THEIR agenda, not yours, and there is no cure in the USA, you simply have to get out (GTFO as Jester terms it.) I am in the Philippines married to a girl half my age and no one cares at all. Men compliment me and women are envious. On a few occasions I have been in the city (CDO) and at some event with some middle aged white women also present, and a few glared, but they realize they are so far out of their own element they cannot comprehend anything, but it was fun afterwards to introduce my wife to them after the event...as they squirm in their size 16 outfits...LOL
Few things more fun with a middle aged liberal white woman than introducing oneself as a bloodthirsty soldier of fortune married to a young 100lb nymphomaniac. Never had such fun in the USA! LOL

Outwest
Thank you for the clarification. Sometimes I post on other online boards and the responses I receive can be totally offensive LOL
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

OutWest wrote:I am in the Philippines married to a girl half my age and no one cares at all. Men compliment me and women are envious. On a few occasions I have been in the city (CDO) and at some event with some middle aged white women also present, and a few glared, but they realize they are so far out of their own element they cannot comprehend anything, but it was fun afterwards to introduce my wife to them after the event...as they squirm in their size 16 outfits...LOL

Outwest
Starting to think that the expats in the Phil's will be more fun than expats anywhere else!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Émigré wrote:
OutWest wrote:
Émigré wrote:
Jester wrote:

No doubt, GTFO.

Hey there-

Nothing wrong with your original post- I have known Jester for a while and I don't think he was offended OR being rude- he is just agreeing with you!....

Outwest
Thank you for the clarification. Sometimes I post on other online boards and the responses I receive can be totally offensive LOL
Hmmm going to have to re-read what I said. What I thought I wa saying was to not pay too much attention to my PUA advice, and to focus instead on the Prime Directive - to "GTFO" of the U.S. Obviously it was open to misinterpretation. Anyway hopefully no harm done.

Yes, some other boards can be brutal. People go off on each other they would never do face-to-face. I suppose that's what I like about HA. People are VERY different here - but dealing with a common problem. Like the Will Smith movie "Independence Day", where everyone unites to face alien invasion.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

Émigré wrote:As a man in my mid-twenties if I asked an eighteen to twenty year old girl on a date in America I would be thought of as strange especially by women.
Please help me to understand this. You're saying that if you're 25/26 years old and you ask out a girl 5 or 6 years your junior, that's frowned upon in the US? Ouch, things in the US are turning much sourer than I had imagined...

I remember when I was a teenager there was the odd case of a really cute 14 or 15 years old having a 30-something boyfriend. We would be sitting on a bench bitching about how lucky the guy was to have such a young cutie, or how lucky she was to have a man with his own car, his own job and disposable money etc. Not once did our mind wander to the thought of her being manipulated, abused, or the idea of him being a paedo. But then, you know, such was Italy in the happy 90's, before the Dutroux case.
Émigré
Freshman Poster

Post by Émigré »

publicduende wrote:
Please help me to understand this. You're saying that if you're 25/26 years old and you ask out a girl 5 or 6 years your junior, that's frowned upon in the US? Ouch, things in the US are turning much sourer than I had imagined...

I remember when I was a teenager there was the odd case of a really cute 14 or 15 years old having a 30-something boyfriend. We would be sitting on a bench bitching about how lucky the guy was to have such a young cutie, or how lucky she was to have a man with his own car, his own job and disposable money etc. Not once did our mind wander to the thought of her being manipulated, abused, or the idea of him being a paedo. But then, you know, such was Italy in the happy 90's, before the Dutroux case.
If I asked out an 18 or 19 year old girl it would be frowned upon by many people. Asking out anyone under 18 is an absolute "No-No" even if she looks older. The only guys that get away with asking out minors in the US are celebrities like Doug Hutchinson who married a 16 year old.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

Émigré wrote:
publicduende wrote:

If I asked out an 18 or 19 year old girl it would be frowned upon by many people. Asking out anyone under 18 is an absolute "No-No" even if she looks older. The only guys that get away with asking out minors in the US are celebrities like Doug Hutchinson who married a 16 year old.
Well, I may understand dating underage girls, but 19 or 20 sounds OK enough to me, if you're in your mid-twenties... The things I have been reading on this forum from a lot of US members are really starting to pile up and give me the impression that the US society really is drowning into a shapeless blob of materialism, cynicism and self-referential pride. Every man and woman an island, and every attempt to a relationship an endless sea journey with no land ever in sight. I thought knowing the UK would give me a rather faithful proxy to US society but apparently no, you're a million time more f***ed up that we are in Europe!
Émigré
Freshman Poster

Post by Émigré »

publicduende wrote: ...you're a million time more f***ed up that we are in Europe!
Definitely