Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Long-term Residency only Viable Reason to Get Married IMO

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to Russia, Ukraine, or the former Soviet Republics.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Long-term Residency only Viable Reason to Get Married IMO

Postby Mr S » Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:16 pm

British father who fled Somerset after divorce left him suicidal re-emerges in SIBERIA where he has lived for last 20 years

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z2Er44LY10

"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." Marcus Aurelius, Roman Emperor and stoic philosopher, 121-180 A.D.
Mr S
Veteran Poster

Postby zboy1 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:17 pm

Well, hopefully, I can have similar luck in Russia, lol.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby gsjackson » Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:29 am

zboy1 wrote:Well, hopefully, I can have similar luck in Russia, lol.

Congrats on landing the job in Russia, BTW. Are you disappointed Asia didn't work out, or have you gotten yourself psyched for Russia? I'd much sooner go there.
gsjackson
Experienced Poster

Postby abcdavid01 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:18 am

Beautiful. It may sounds crazy for 99% of people, but this guy found his paradise.
中国人万岁! 中国美女万岁!
abcdavid01
Experienced Poster

Postby zboy1 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:34 am

gsjackson wrote:

Congrats on landing the job in Russia, BTW. Are you disappointed Asia didn't work out, or have you gotten yourself psyched for Russia? I'd much sooner go there.

Well, I prefer Asia but the competition is too difficult for me right now; seemingly everybody and their mama wants to got to Asia, so someone like me who is non-White and without experience will have a hard time finding a job in Asia as an English teacher. Russia was probably my second choice, so I'm not too upset. The only problem is the extreme cold weather, but I'll survive, lol.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Dragon » Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:13 am

zboy1 wrote:
gsjackson wrote:

Well, I prefer Asia but the competition is too difficult for me right now; seemingly everybody and their mama wants to got to Asia, so someone like me who is non-White and without experience will have a hard time finding a job in Asia as an English teacher. Russia was probably my second choice, so I'm not too upset. The only problem is the extreme cold weather, but I'll survive, lol.

I don't think I have to tell you to be extremely careful in Russia. Trust should be earned, not given. Remember Winston almost got scammed by his fiancee.
I am a terrible person.
Dragon
Junior Poster

Postby Obormot » Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:09 am

Dragon wrote:I don't think I have to tell you to be extremely careful in Russia. Trust should be earned, not given. Remember Winston almost got scammed by his fiancee.

That actually sounds a lot like US. :)
Obormot
Freshman Poster

Return to Russia, Ukraine, Former Soviet Republics