Poland?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to Russia, Ukraine, or the former Soviet Republics.
onethousandknives
Junior Poster

Poland?

Post by onethousandknives »

Anyone visit Poland? We have a lot of Polish immigrants in my area when I was younger, and I tended to get along with them well. Part of the reason I'm even here is from talking to lots of the Polish immigrants, lots were actually talking about being happier in Poland. One person I know had tons of friends in Poland, was skinny and in shape, and he goes over here, got fat, has few friends, and becomes a nerd who just stays in his house all day. Some Polish people here were complete douchebags, though. Of course the girls were almost without exception gorgeous.

I'm part Polish myself (lots of Polish people came to my state,) and have a Polish last name. There's even from what I'm reading, a longshot chance of obtaining Polish citizenship based on this. I was looking at houses in Poland and saw some houses for $10-20K, so I could work in America or abroad and save some money, and buy a house in Poland. I don't know any Polish, though. I'm also Orthodox, and it's a Roman Catholic country. However, it's proximity with Russia does mean there's some Orthodox and Eastern Catholic churches there, too. And they're a pretty devout nation, so finding someone with similar values might not be crazily hard. My problem in America is, Protestants seem to be most "devout" in their faith, but they think Orthodox/Catholics are all like unsaved people who worship Mary or something. So it puts you in kind of a lonely place in America.

I brought up going abroad talking to my priest, and he agreed it could be a decent idea. I told him about Russia, and he basically said Russia was, how do I put this, too messed up? Lots of problems in Russia. I asked him about Poland and he said it wouldn't be bad. As far as EE countries go, it does seem to have it's stuff mostly together. He said Asia would be kind of isolating, as there's very few Christians there. However, looking at sites like Japanesefriendfinder and stuff like that, lots of Asian girls do wanna marry a Christian, so there's that advantage. However in JP, apparently Christians are quite fractured there, very little unity. Supposedly most churches have less than 50 members. So I might run into the same problems as I do in America, with all the Protestants thinking you're weird.

I wouldn't be going for hooking up in bars/clubs/P4P, looking more for someone for a LTR or marriage. The main selling points for a girl are similar religious outlook, and also cooking. Do girls in Poland still cook? I'm assuming they do, from what I read. There's even "slow food" restaurants in Poland and stuff. I'd be willing to cook if my wife was sick (it's not that I don't like cooking, I love it, hell I'd do all the cooking if needed, as long as the rest of my family would eat it and not complain and go to McDonalds or buy frozen food,) or if my wife did happen to work or something, but I just wanna be on the same page regarding food. What scares me most about any potential American girl is getting a wife who can't cook, and then me having to work a ton to afford stupid boxed/frozen/canned food, and then giving my wife gourmet home cooked food and her preferring McDonalds and frozen food to it. That's probably like 90% of the reason my parents marriage broke up, so I'm DEATHLY afraid of that happening to me. The only girls in America who cook nowadays tend to be vegan/vegetarian/extremely health conscious, or foreigners.

Anyone have experience in Poland? Was it fun? Nice place? Crazy as all hell like Russia seems, or relatively civilized? Prices of stuff?

Thanks very much.
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

Think Different doesn't post here anymore, but I believe he has spent considerable time in Poland and is very high on Polish women. He's also Orthodox, and probably would appreciate your perspective. You might want to PM him.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

An English colleague of mine went off to live in Poland, and he loves it out there. He gets by through hustling - he's a musician and also teaches English. If you're smart you can figure something out.

Poland is about the best of the Eastern European countries. Yeah, the women are nice.

As far as Asian women, yeah there are Christians in Asia and they often have to marry foreigners as there are so few Asian men who want anything do to with Christianity.

I dated a Japanese christian. Chinese christians exist and of course there's the Philippines. Come here if you want but it's only worth bothering with Asian women if you have yellow fever and think Asian women are the hottest thing around (which of course they are!)
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

I know a Black Man married to a Polish Woman, he teaches English in Warsaw.

Though his blog is more focused on potential racial issues being Black and in a Interracial Relationship in Poland, he generally likes it there.

Xiongmao aren't most Flips Christians???
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

djfourmoney wrote:
Xiongmao aren't most Flips Christians???
Haha yeah I don't think the OP would find the Phil's "isolating"....

:lol:
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Poland?

Post by Jester »

onethousandknives wrote:Anyone visit Poland? We have a lot of Polish immigrants in my area when I was younger, and I tended to get along with them well. Part of the reason I'm even here is from talking to lots of the Polish immigrants, lots were actually talking about being happier in Poland. One person I know had tons of friends in Poland, was skinny and in shape, and he goes over here, got fat, has few friends, and becomes a nerd who just stays in his house all day. Some Polish people here were complete douchebags, though. Of course the girls were almost without exception gorgeous.

I'm part Polish myself (lots of Polish people came to my state,) and have a Polish last name. There's even from what I'm reading, a longshot chance of obtaining Polish citizenship based on this. I was looking at houses in Poland and saw some houses for $10-20K, so I could work in America or abroad and save some money, and buy a house in Poland. I don't know any Polish, though. I'm also Orthodox, and it's a Roman Catholic country. However, it's proximity with Russia does mean there's some Orthodox and Eastern Catholic churches there, too. And they're a pretty devout nation, so finding someone with similar values might not be crazily hard. My problem in America is, Protestants seem to be most "devout" in their faith, but they think Orthodox/Catholics are all like unsaved people who worship Mary or something. So it puts you in kind of a lonely place in America.

I brought up going abroad talking to my priest, and he agreed it could be a decent idea. I told him about Russia, and he basically said Russia was, how do I put this, too messed up? Lots of problems in Russia. I asked him about Poland and he said it wouldn't be bad. As far as EE countries go, it does seem to have it's stuff mostly together. He said Asia would be kind of isolating, as there's very few Christians there. However, looking at sites like Japanesefriendfinder and stuff like that, lots of Asian girls do wanna marry a Christian, so there's that advantage. However in JP, apparently Christians are quite fractured there, very little unity. Supposedly most churches have less than 50 members. So I might run into the same problems as I do in America, with all the Protestants thinking you're weird.

I wouldn't be going for hooking up in bars/clubs/P4P, looking more for someone for a LTR or marriage. The main selling points for a girl are similar religious outlook, and also cooking. Do girls in Poland still cook? I'm assuming they do, from what I read. There's even "slow food" restaurants in Poland and stuff. I'd be willing to cook if my wife was sick (it's not that I don't like cooking, I love it, hell I'd do all the cooking if needed, as long as the rest of my family would eat it and not complain and go to McDonalds or buy frozen food,) or if my wife did happen to work or something, but I just wanna be on the same page regarding food. What scares me most about any potential American girl is getting a wife who can't cook, and then me having to work a ton to afford stupid boxed/frozen/canned food, and then giving my wife gourmet home cooked food and her preferring McDonalds and frozen food to it. That's probably like 90% of the reason my parents marriage broke up, so I'm DEATHLY afraid of that happening to me. The only girls in America who cook nowadays tend to be vegan/vegetarian/extremely health conscious, or foreigners.

Anyone have experience in Poland? Was it fun? Nice place? Crazy as all hell like Russia seems, or relatively civilized? Prices of stuff?

Thanks very much.
Met a guy here who went back to Poland and returned with a 20-year-younger, beautiful, slender, smiling, hardworking bride. They run a restaurant together now. She cooks.

If your priest knows you well, I would follow his advice. Save Asia for last. Go to Poland, find a bride, bring her back. Easy-peasy. Invest in Polish real estate little by little. Move there when you are ready.

Oh and DO get that damn Polish passport. You're a fool if you don't. That might be your "excuse" for visiting Poland.

Lithuania or Slovakia could also work. But keep it simple. Try Poland first. All in, both feet.

You're right about Protestants being intolerant - even those who are not very religious. Catholics have no problem with marrying Orthodox, or giving Mass to orthodox, as long as yor bishop says it's ok for you. They see the split as just administrative, not doctrinal. But Catholics are supposed to raise the kids Catholic, and can be quite stubborn about that. (Btw I was baptised Armenian, born-again Pentecostal, now converted to Catholic. Been on all sides of this.)

Fyi HA member "Tsar" is also orthodox I think.

HA member "Ladislav" is the most knowledgeable about that part of the world, and very objective and lucid. I think he's originally from Galicia, Krakow, Bukovina, someplace like that - but on the Ukrainian side I think. You should definitely PM him with a link to this thread and ask his opinion.

Good luck.
mand38
Freshman Poster

Post by mand38 »

Poland is great country, it reminds me on my teenage days, we were visiting Poland when was 16-17 y/o (it was about 20 years ago) just because of beautiful girls...sweet memories... :) :) :)
jiggy1st
Freshman Poster

Poland traveling

Post by jiggy1st »

Poland can be a nice place and cool country to visit it all comes down to the type of people you meet, i wrote some information on how to get around in poland check it out below on my blog http://travelukrainepoland.blogspot.com ... udget.html
relationship with Ukrainian girls takes work,not worth while is easy
Think Different
Junior Poster

Post by Think Different »

I just dropped by to see how the site's doing and stumbled on this posting. I've only spent a limited amount of time in Poland, but I was very pleased by the country, the people, and the culture. Granted it's a predominantly Catholic country, but there is an Orthodox segment of the population. Here's my take on things: if you have the chance to get the Polish citizenship DO IT! It will also give you access (as an EU citizen) to live, work, and study in any of 27 European countries. As for Orthodoxy, you know that being a part of a minority religion is very isolating if you live in a non-Orthodox country, and you'd probably still feel that way in Poland, to a degree. Have you considered looking for a woman from Romania, Bulgaria, or the Ukraine? Yes, Russia is messed up, big-time, but the eastern half of Ukraine is Russian-speaking and Orthodox and Ukraine seems to have its head on straighter than Russia. Russia also still requires an entry and exit visa, whereas you can visit and stay in Ukraine for 3 months, like other European countries.
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

Think Different wrote:I just dropped by to see how the site's doing
The site is doing a bit better these days than in several previous incarnations. Zboy1 is an effective moderator. Hope he has time to continue to do it when he goes off to Russia.