More Racist Posters from Russia, Ukraine, etc

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to Russia, Ukraine, or the former Soviet Republics.
HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Post by HouseMD »

SilverEnergy wrote:If you're not white, don't think you're free in Russia.

Those skin heads are very large in number over there and if they you're anything but white and they see you.....
From what I dealt with in Kiev, if you aren't Ukranian, you aren't free in Ukraine. And even if you are, you'd best not cause any trouble.

At least being white I can keep my mouth shut when nationalists are around though. Haven't given Russia a go yet, maybe that'll be my next trip.
MarkDY
Freshman Poster

Post by MarkDY »

I thought 70 years old Communism would cured them of racism. ;)
MatureDJ
Junior Poster

Post by MatureDJ »

ladislav wrote:It's the beginning of school year. Time to start thinking about the future profession

I'd let any of them have the profession of "my wife".
Halwick
Freshman Poster

Post by Halwick »

Racism exists in Russia, Ukraine, etc,?!?! How about that!

he way the anti-Western mongers here talk, one would think racism exists ONLY in western countries, particularly in the U.S.

Ladislav, thanks for showing that racism exists in "Happier Abroad" land too.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

You are most welcome. The thing is, there it's called 'nationalism' or "Aryanism". They don't use the word "white" that much. They like people who look Aryan/Scandinavian or Slavic. Maybe, they'll settle for an Italian/Greek look. The Jewish look is not popular.

It does not mean, though, that racism happens every day all the time to everybody. Unlike in the West, people who look different do manage to make friends there, find girlfriends, and carve out a niche for themselves. Until some wackos appear.

Most anti-Russian Ukrainian posters are ridiculous claims that Russians are Asians and not Slavs. To prove this, they post pictures of Eskimos from Siberia. Have a laugh.

And it also depends where. In the Crimea, the sentiment is anti-Tatar, in Odessa, it was anti-Jewish for a long time, in Kiev, it is anti -"wog". In the West- anti- Russian. It depends. But most days are uneventful with nothing much going on. Most racism is just talk and jokes.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!