Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Monday nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE AFA Seminar! See locations and dates here.

View Active Topics       View Your Posts       Latest 100 Topics       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Exchanging email addresses in the FSU

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to Russia, Ukraine, or the former Soviet Republics.

Moderators: fschmidt, jamesbond

Exchanging email addresses in the FSU

Postby Rocky Top » September 19th, 2013, 7:00 am

If I gave out my email address to or received an email address from someone in Russia or an FSU country, would they recognize my Latin letters and would the have Cyrillic letters in the email address?
Rocky Top
Freshman Poster

Check out our Dating Sites and HA International Romance Tours!

Re: Exchanging email addresses in the FSU

Postby ***JP*** » September 19th, 2013, 8:36 am

Rocky Top wrote:If I gave out my email address to or received an email address from someone in Russia or an FSU country, would they recognize my Latin letters and would the have Cyrillic letters in the email address?

Yes they will recognize latin letters. Russians and people from the FSU are very educated people and learn second languages. Also not all the former FSU countries use Cyrillic. The Baltic countries and Poland don't use Cyrillic in their alphabet. I don't think you will have a problem with exchanging emails with them. Good luck in your search :)
***JP***
Freshman Poster

Return to Russia, Ukraine, Former Soviet Republics