FSU girls not marriage/relationship material

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to Russia, Ukraine, or the former Soviet Republics.
TopSpruce
Freshman Poster

Post by TopSpruce »

ladislav wrote:They were marriage material back in the old days. I guess now things are different. In my parents' time women there were excellent. Maybe one would do better going to smaller towns? Where people do not speak English ( or even Russian)

Anyway, I'm not doing it and maybe we should all just stick with the Philippines.
My parents grew up in the Warsaw pact countries. My father even remembers the day Stalin's death was announced.

Those were different times. I did not find many girls that were marriage material, even in provincial Belarus which is much less open to modernity.

There are some girls who seem like they are good, but only when things are going well. They don't have much patience and switch from boyfriend to boyfriend, looking for the next best thing. The truly good girls will usually not consort with foreigners...they prefer someone from their close social circle that they spent years attending school with and know very well.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

TopSpruce wrote:
ladislav wrote:
They were marriage material back in the old days. I guess now things are different. In my parents' time women there were excellent. Maybe one would do better going to smaller towns? Where people do not speak English ( or even Russian)

Anyway, I'm not doing it and maybe we should all just stick with the Philippines.

My parents grew up in the Warsaw pact countries. My father even remembers the day Stalin's death was announced.

Those were different times. I did not find many girls that were marriage material, even in provincial Belarus which is much less open to modernity.

There are some girls who seem like they are good, but only when things are going well. They don't have much patience and switch from boyfriend to boyfriend, looking for the next best thing. The truly good girls will usually not consort with foreigners...they prefer someone from their close social circle that they spent years attending school with and know very well.
A lot of truth I am absorbing on this thread.

The Armenian girl who left Lebanon in 1980... Miss Perfect if I had just known her back then... not the same as the Lebanese Armenian teens of today.

And so on... things change.

Actionable takeaway:

Not ONLY do you need to
(1) Find a virtuous bride, well-raised, without Facebook addiction, who can cook and clean...

BUT you ALSO need to
(2) Make sure you can stand to live where she is (or somewhere reasonably close/similar to her culture)

**AND**
(3) It has to be somewhere they will accept you (unless you're really thick-skinned, like one member here who moved to and married in Korea)

The places meeting requirement (1) (e.g. Tadzhikistan or Siberia) tend to be different places than the ones meeting (2) and (3) (e.g. Germany).

I guess the Philippines meets (1) and (3), but quite often (i.e. for many men) not (2).

Of course for me, the USSA fails all three requirements. (Number (3) is because I have zero values in common with people there.)

I suppose a big part of the appeal of Latin America for me is that, in the cities anyway, it meets (3). And any Latina, plus many Filipinas and Middle Easterners, will be happy to live there, so there you have (2). And if I look for a smalltown teen, I can find (1).

Maybe. Just maybe.[/u]
TopSpruce
Freshman Poster

Post by TopSpruce »

Jester wrote:
TopSpruce wrote:
ladislav wrote:
They were marriage material back in the old days. I guess now things are different. In my parents' time women there were excellent. Maybe one would do better going to smaller towns? Where people do not speak English ( or even Russian)

A lot of truth I am absorbing on this thread.

The Armenian girl who left Lebanon in 1980... Miss Perfect if I had just known her back then... not the same as the Lebanese Armenian teens of today.

And so on... things change.

Actionable takeaway:

Not ONLY do you need to
(1) Find a virtuous bride, well-raised, without Facebook addiction, who can cook and clean...

BUT you ALSO need to
(2) Make sure you can stand to live where she is (or somewhere reasonably close/similar to her culture)

**AND**
(3) It has to be somewhere they will accept you (unless you're really thick-skinned, like one member here who moved to and married in Korea)

The places meeting requirement (1) (e.g. Tadzhikistan or Siberia) tend to be different places than the ones meeting (2) and (3) (e.g. Germany).

I guess the Philippines meets (1) and (3), but quite often (i.e. for many men) not (2).

Of course for me, the USSA fails all three requirements. (Number (3) is because I have zero values in common with people there.)

I suppose a big part of the appeal of Latin America for me is that, in the cities anyway, it meets (3). And any Latina, plus many Filipinas and Middle Easterners, will be happy to live there, so there you have (2). And if I look for a smalltown teen, I can find (1).

Maybe. Just maybe.[/u]
Good analysis.

1 and 3 are the only ones I really worry about. I adapted to living in provincial Belarus just fine. I actually enjoyed the summer water outages, having to do laundry with my hands when there wasn't a machine, and having fewer choices of food in the supermarkets(less unhealthy junk food!). In the Philippines, the only thing I can see being a problem for me is overcrowding and garbage. I could easily solve that by moving away from the cities and into the rural areas. Thankfully, PI has a large percentage of rural territory.

I think 1 is pretty easy too... Yemen, Ethiopia, Philippines, Tajikistan, and others are all countries with traditional, attractive girls. Number 3 is really big. No point in moving to a country if you feel left out and constantly alone. I imagine I will find 1 easily, 2 is no problem- I can adapt to almost anywhere besides Northern Siberia, and 3- will be a challenge. Which is why I am going to visit my country and focus on making friends first. Girls can wait and I will find eventually. My first priority is to make some pen pals, visit the country, and make a good social network....then decide.
Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Tsar »

What about taking a good girl from the FSU and the man relocates from America and they both were to move to Italy?
Paloaltoguy
Freshman Poster

Post by Paloaltoguy »

Dang, this post is dead on 8)
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: FSU girls not marriage/relationship material

Post by Yohan »

TopSpruce wrote: .....I spent the last 2 years in Belarus, Ukraine, Poland, and Moldova. I am fluent in Russian. From what I see, FSU girls (early 20s girls) are not that good for marriage.

.....I feel like I wasted several years learning the language and living there, but its better that I cut my losses and figured out its time to quit. I think Asia is a better choice, even if my preferences may be for European looks.
To learn to speak fluent Russian - this is an important language which is spoken by several hundred million of people - can never be wrong.

I wonder if you ever visited the Siberian part of Russia. My impression is that families are still strong in that wide region, and that fathers are respected by the wife and their children. People in Siberia are also known to be honest and not into cheating - however it should be noticed that most of them cannot speak anything else but Russian and often their behavior is quite primitive.

If you want to continue further to South or East from Siberia, airtickets are said to be cheap by Russian charter planes, plenty of group travel is going on and travel time to Thailand, Japan, China etc. is remarkably short, I think you could try Siberia at least for some vacation for a few weeks.

I also think, that those countries bordering EU do not offer really so much regarding marriage, but of course women there are still much better than in USA or UK, no question about it.
Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Tsar »

How many Slavic whites are there in Siberia compared to Asians? Would you say Novosibirsk is a good city to look compared to the Moscow and St. Petersburg (including both oblasts)?
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

In Siberia most people are Slavic, for sure more than 80 percent, or likely 90 percent.

You might take a tour - maybe by train, if you have time enough and to visit the Siberian cities, like Omsk, Novosibirsk, Tomsk, Krasnojarsk, Irkutsk, Ualn-Ude and up to Khabarovsk if you consider to continue into Japan.

I think you will not be disappointed. In Siberia, while the major cities are not so small, there is little Western influence.

The part with really many Asians is maybe Yakutsk. I never heard however about anybody who travelled there.
But still many are Slavic there, take a look at these pictures...

http://miss.ykt.ru/

http://www.pbase.com/hamsanim/miss_yakutia_2010&page=2
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: FSU girls not marriage/relationship material

Post by Jester »

Yohan wrote:
To learn to speak fluent Russian - this is an important language which is spoken by several hundred million of people - can never be wrong.

I wonder if you ever visited the Siberian part of Russia. My impression is that families are still strong in that wide region, and that fathers are respected by the wife and their children. People in Siberia are also known to be honest and not into cheating - however it should be noticed that most of them cannot speak anything else but Russian and often their behavior is quite primitive.

If you want to continue further to South or East from Siberia, airtickets are said to be cheap by Russian charter planes, plenty of group travel is going on and travel time to Thailand, Japan, China etc. is remarkably short, I think you could try Siberia at least for some vacation for a few weeks.
Good info, new to many of us. Thanks.
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Post by chanta76 »

From reading this thread....it seems to me that white women suck and that Russian women are not too far off from American women. If you got the right look it;s not impossible to bang Russian girls but hard to get a meaningful relationship.

This reminds me of which came first the chicken or the egg. I mean why is that there are no good white women? Is it because white women are worshipped more and they get spoiled more? Contrary to popular belief even with all the Asian fetish..most white guys prefer white women.

Saying that it seems again that the Philippines always comes up as the default country to go to. Countries like SOuth Korea and Japan is little hard because the girls there are getting conceited.

Kind of sad...there are not that many countries left to pick over.
Paloaltoguy
Freshman Poster

Post by Paloaltoguy »

Just go rural America!
Guts Over Fear
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

chanta76 wrote:This reminds me of which came first the chicken or the egg. I mean why is that there are no good white women? Is it because white women are worshipped more and they get spoiled more? Contrary to popular belief even with all the Asian fetish..most white guys prefer white women.
Watch this video, it will explain why white American women act they way they do.

"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on May 2nd, 2020, 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Paloaltoguy wrote:Just go rural America!
Is this a typing mistake? If not, you make me curious. What has rural America to offer?

Yes, well, I heard there are still some sexy Sioux Indians girls living in reservats...

What about rural Canada, meet the Inuits...
Hero
Experienced Poster

Post by Hero »

Paloaltoguy wrote:Just go rural America!
Just got back from a festival in rural Wisconsin. It was a freak show :shock: