Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.


Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife



View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile


-----

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to Russia, Ukraine, or the former Soviet Republics.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Postby Ghost » Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:58 am

-----
Last edited by Ghost on Wed Oct 26, 2016 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 5749
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:23 am







Postby Ghost » Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:30 am

-----
Last edited by Ghost on Wed Oct 26, 2016 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 5749
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:23 am

Postby drealm » Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:28 am

It does suck when you want something and someone doesn't reciprocate. I don't know what women want, but have you mentioned anything about moving there? My guess is that there are probably a lot of guys who never visit, so women don't invest much energy.
User avatar
drealm
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 835
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:23 pm

Postby Jester » Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:54 am

Ghost, you are a man with a plan.
+1 to you just for that.
Don't let anything dissuade you.

TopSpruce "got lucky" over there, and I'm sure you will too.
I agree with DRealm's comments among others.

My two cents:

(1) If you don't want single moms, don't talk to them. If a girl is not your type, don't talk to her. All you ultimately need is one gf, so if you have to go through 20 or 30 mini-romances over the internet, to find that one, that's no biggie. You can't screw them all!

(2) Like starchild said, numbers are your friend. One approach is to show "interest" without messaging them. If they interest you back, THEN invest the time in a customized note. Or just copy-and-paste a standard introduction message, use it for all of them that you like.

(3) Plan a trip. If you know you're going, and they do, it will amp up excitement.

(4) Start practicing a language. Not all accents are the same. Find a place where you like the way they talk. Polish is different than Russian etc. Ladislav or TopSpruce might have some input on accents.

(5) Make friends with some cuties. You don't have to get all lovey-dovey, especially if you're not a polished ladykiller. Just make friends and have fun. It's better for YOU if they're just friends, so they can introduce you to people when you visit.

Also, if you're interested in MOVING there for a while, then:

(6) Start sending out resumes.

(7) Register for the Foreign Service exam. The State Department and AID hire all kinds of workers, fixers and schmoozers, not just high-level diplomats. But you need the test first.
"Pick a point and go to it."
-- Dr John Hunsucker, speaking about canoeing on Georgia's Lake Lanier, with its irregular shape, and 1000 miles of meandering shoreline
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 7869
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:10 am
Location: Chiang Mai Thailand

Postby Ghost » Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:54 pm

-----
Last edited by Ghost on Wed Oct 26, 2016 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 5749
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:23 am

Postby Ghost » Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:02 pm

-----
Last edited by Ghost on Wed Oct 26, 2016 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 5749
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:23 am

Postby Jester » Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:09 am

Ghost wrote:
Guess I could always bail if things turn out that badly. Actually, for my next move, EE was just the first plan. Latin America is my Plan B. Yep, taking a cue from the J-man. ;)


Come here first!!!

Bring your snorkel, I live at the beach.

That way, later, I can visit you in your Russian Winter palace.
I'll bring my fur coat.

http://www.gq.com/entertainment/tv/blog ... more-3.jpg
Image

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QK8mJJJvaes
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QK8mJJJvaes[/youtube]
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 7869
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:10 am
Location: Chiang Mai Thailand

Postby Ghost » Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:31 am

-----
Last edited by Ghost on Wed Oct 26, 2016 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 5749
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:23 am

Postby Jester » Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:02 pm

Ghost wrote:
I guess soon I'll have to sign up on another dating site and see if it works differently. And eventually, I may have to end up paying, though if I try that I would probably move there first with a job in hand so as to give myself a big step up over the competition.



Smart.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 7869
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:10 am
Location: Chiang Mai Thailand

Postby jtest28 » Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:35 pm

I couldn't make it work either with Ukrainian or Russian women, and I gave it YEARS. I started on them back in 2007. And I couldn't believer what I was seeing, just like it is in the States, just the women were better looking is the only difference I found. I even had one red headed Russian women from a small town south of Moscow go berserk for me and wanted to talk on the phone that very night, and so I did, for an hour or so, then she wanted to chat on yahoo IM, which we did for ALL NIGHT. She wanted me to e-mail her more and more pics of me. In fact, the sun started to rise, her time, before she finally went to bed. Anyway, she couldn't believe how "hot" I was in all my pics. And what came of it all? I get rejected by her because she finally asked why I shave my head. I admitted it was because of male baldness. Well, that drove the nail into that coffin. . . Just like in in the States. . . if I'm so "hot", why am I not allowed to have at least something minor wrong with me? Picky, picky, picky
jtest28
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 333
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2008 8:49 pm

Postby E Irizarry R&B Singer » Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:29 pm

Ghost wrote:I'm starting to get more messages now. Learning some about what's effective and what isn't.

The girls are definitely not going to respond to "Hello, how are you?" messages. I sent a few of those just to check. My typical message is 1-2 paragraphs and I give details about myself, what I'm looking for, future plans, etc. Responses were slow at first, but I'm starting to get more replies now. I'm getting around a 50% response rate for well thought out messages.

A lot of girls don't speak English, so that will be the first limiting factor. I don't speak any Ukrainian or Russian, so I'm using google translate so far. In the future, if things don't improve, I may try to learn some of these two languages and then put some things in my profile in Ukrainian/Russian.

But for the girls who speak English: that's obviously the bulk of who responds to me. So that is encouraging. That would indicate that it is not the girls being too picky or my looks being too poor. It's the language barrier that interferes the most. Taken a step further, it should mean that any man willing to learn a language for a certain population of women should absolutely have no problems with the women.

I've tried offering my Skype several times, and it never worked. Only one girl offered hers, and that was the girl who said my idea to find a Ukrainian girl is stupid. I got one email from a hot blond. Didn't ask for it. I think exchanging emails is better because it allows the girl to respond more at her leisure.

Now, on to another issue. How quality are the girls? Well, most of them have a fatal flaw that would prevent them from being suitable. Lots of the women are divorced, single moms, too old, or too slutty. At least one of these things apply to at least 95% of the girls I'm seeing.


You should learn their language. Don't you want to prove you aren't a typical, unyieldingly-stupid American? Don't you want feminism to not transcend over to those Ukranian and Russian women? Do you want to allow English to reign forth spearheading its movement? If you are going to "ghost", then it should be done with the least amount of western idiosyncrasies.
It's time to expatriate to evade your fate; it's time to expatriate before the barn door permanently closes on "US" sheep.
Debut mixtape "The Skilled Neophyte of RNB (x64)" dropping Spring 2016 - Follow me on Twitter @eirizarryRNB
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2036
Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:26 am
Location: The fuckin' U.S. of Gay *ugh*

Postby E Irizarry R&B Singer » Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:32 pm

jtest28 wrote:I couldn't make it work either with Ukrainian or Russian women, and I gave it YEARS. I started on them back in 2007. And I couldn't believer what I was seeing, just like it is in the States, just the women were better looking is the only difference I found. I even had one red headed Russian women from a small town south of Moscow go berserk for me and wanted to talk on the phone that very night, and so I did, for an hour or so, then she wanted to chat on yahoo IM, which we did for ALL NIGHT. She wanted me to e-mail her more and more pics of me. In fact, the sun started to rise, her time, before she finally went to bed. Anyway, she couldn't believe how "hot" I was in all my pics. And what came of it all? I get rejected by her because she finally asked why I shave my head. I admitted it was because of male baldness. Well, that drove the nail into that coffin. . . Just like in in the States. . . if I'm so "hot", why am I not allowed to have at least something minor wrong with me? Picky, picky, picky


That was one fickle a.sshole of a woman whom you had dealt with. You cannot charge one woman off to a whole society; it doesn't represent that society in its entirety. You need to accost these women full-on.

However, if you were to see a pattern, then you can "somewhat" charge them off as such.
It's time to expatriate to evade your fate; it's time to expatriate before the barn door permanently closes on "US" sheep.
Debut mixtape "The Skilled Neophyte of RNB (x64)" dropping Spring 2016 - Follow me on Twitter @eirizarryRNB
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2036
Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:26 am
Location: The fuckin' U.S. of Gay *ugh*

Postby Jester » Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:08 am

E Irizarry R&B Singer wrote:
jtest28 wrote:
I couldn't make it work either with Ukrainian or Russian women, and I gave it YEARS. I started on them back in 2007. And I couldn't believer what I was seeing, just like it is in the States, just the women were better looking is the only difference I found. I even had one red headed Russian women from a small town south of Moscow go berserk for me and wanted to talk on the phone that very night, and so I did, for an hour or so, then she wanted to chat on yahoo IM, which we did for ALL NIGHT. She wanted me to e-mail her more and more pics of me. In fact, the sun started to rise, her time, before she finally went to bed. Anyway, she couldn't believe how "hot" I was in all my pics. And what came of it all? I get rejected by her because she finally asked why I shave my head. I admitted it was because of male baldness. Well, that drove the nail into that coffin. . . Just like in in the States. . . if I'm so "hot", why am I not allowed to have at least something minor wrong with me? Picky, picky, picky



That was one fickle a.sshole of a woman whom you had dealt with. You cannot charge one woman off to a whole society; it doesn't represent that society in its entirety. You need to accost these women full-on.

However, if you were to see a pattern, then you can "somewhat" charge them off as such.



Got to agree with Irizarry here, Jtest.

I don't doubt you when you say that the Russky chicks are picky, I dated a couple myself.

But if you got that one redhead crazy-hot for you, there are others out there.

Giv the OTHER 50 milion girls a chance, you snob.

Maybe change your profile pic to bald-bald-bald like that killer-guy in "Hitman", in order to pre-qualify the little dyevochkas.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hitman_%28 ... _large.jpg
Image
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 7869
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:10 am
Location: Chiang Mai Thailand

Postby Ghost » Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:15 pm

-----
Last edited by Ghost on Wed Oct 26, 2016 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 5749
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:23 am

Postby Ghost » Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:25 pm

-----
Last edited by Ghost on Wed Oct 26, 2016 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 5749
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:23 am

PreviousNext

Return to Russia, Ukraine, Former Soviet Republics

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest