Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Ukraine's Booming Wedding Business

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to Russia, Ukraine, or the former Soviet Republics.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Postby Taco » Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:48 pm

As expected Ukrainian women are making a run for the border(alter).

http://money.cnn.com/video/news/2014/08 ... index.html
Last edited by Taco on Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Hero » Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:02 am

Heh heh heh... I'll bet my Ukrainian ex-gf wishes she'd treated me with more respect now...

I've got to go back onto Ukrainedate.com and see if those 20-something girls are less picky about age differences now :P
Hero
Experienced Poster

Postby Jester » Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:16 am

Hero wrote:
I've got to go back onto Ukrainedate.com and see if those 20-something girls are less picky about age differences now :P

Well that just went on MY to-do list!!!
8)
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby newlifeinphilippines » Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:42 am

The thing is if russia invades ukraine then you wont be able to get out. Russia requires a russian sponsore for your visa and if the details or not handled right you can be stranded in russia. very primitive visa options there so if they take over ukraine i dont even know how a foreigner would get out.

there probably will be no invasion though
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

Postby Ghost » Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:37 am

I'm all for easier-to-obtain white women, but marrying one of them would be a downer. They're all sluts in Ukraine.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby MrPeabody » Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:44 am

According to video, the women want to leave Ukraine even more now because of the political instability. The opportunity also bring danger and a man could end up caught in some bad shit. However, men are willing to go to a shit hole like the Philippines for women, so pick your poison.
MrPeabody
Experienced Poster

Postby gsjackson » Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:51 am

newlifeinphilippines wrote:The thing is if russia invades ukraine then you wont be able to get out. Russia requires a russian sponsore for your visa and if the details or not handled right you can be stranded in russia. very primitive visa options there so if they take over ukraine i dont even know how a foreigner would get out.

Let me see if I've got this straight: If Russia invades and annexes Ukraine, any tourists in Ukraine at the time would immediately be subject to Russian visa laws? And if you're in Russia without a visa, they will force you to stay there rather than kick you out? With or without accommodations provided?
gsjackson
Experienced Poster

Postby newlifeinphilippines » Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:03 am

gsjackson wrote:
newlifeinphilippines wrote:The thing is if russia invades ukraine then you wont be able to get out. Russia requires a russian sponsore for your visa and if the details or not handled right you can be stranded in russia. very primitive visa options there so if they take over ukraine i dont even know how a foreigner would get out.

Let me see if I've got this straight: If Russia invades and annexes Ukraine, any tourists in Ukraine at the time would immediately be subject to Russian visa laws? And if you're in Russia without a visa, they will force you to stay there rather than kick you out? With or without accommodations provided?

If you visit russia right now and your sponsor flakes on your visa your stranded there and cant exit russia. You also are limited to 3 months even if you hae business. Id imagine if your stuck in ukraine and russia invades your out of luck the berlin wall closes on you and you might as well start joining the red army lol They do not provide shelters or accomodations for those stranded on visa issues either. they dont even have good homeless shelters according to the travel department warning.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

Postby Jester » Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:33 am

gsjackson wrote:
newlifeinphilippines wrote:
The thing is if russia invades ukraine then you wont be able to get out. Russia requires a russian sponsore for your visa and if the details or not handled right you can be stranded in russia. very primitive visa options there so if they take over ukraine i dont even know how a foreigner would get out.

:lol:

Trapped in the Land of the Amazons!!!

:shock:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqF33l9BLz8[/youtube]
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby gsjackson » Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:45 am

gsjackson wrote:

If you visit russia right now and your sponsor flakes on your visa your stranded there and cant exit russia. You also are limited to 3 months even if you hae business. Id imagine if your stuck in ukraine and russia invades your out of luck the berlin wall closes on you and you might as well start joining the red army lol They do not provide shelters or accomodations for those stranded on visa issues either. they dont even have good homeless shelters according to the travel department warning.

I think what you're trying to say is that if you show up in Russia without a visa, you are stranded in the transit area (Ed Snowden's old digs) and are not allowed to ENTER Russia. So you must buy a ticket out.

Also, Russia has a variety of business visas, one or some of which for business allow you to come and go much longer than three months.
gsjackson
Experienced Poster

Postby newlifeinphilippines » Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:57 am

gsjackson wrote:
gsjackson wrote:

I think what you're trying to say is that if you show up in Russia without a visa, you are stranded in the transit area (Ed Snowden's old digs) and are not allowed to ENTER Russia. So you must buy a ticket out.

Also, Russia has a variety of business visas, one or some of which for business allow you to come and go much longer than three months.

No actually even if you HAVE a visa in russia if the sponsor dissapears or some issue comes up there could be a problem. and if your visa expires somehow they wont let you leave the country. Imagine the nightmare if your in ukraine when they invade.

only 3 months whether business or tourism. Russia is strict. I read the embassy website the other day. Unless I misread things.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

Postby ladislav » Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:32 pm

If Russia invades, it will not turn Ukraine into Russian territory ala Crimea. It will become an occupying force. I am sure there will be some kind of solution for foreigners there.

Otoh, if they reinstate the Gulag, you will have accommodations and free food, also.

Russia requires a russian sponsor for your visa and ...

Not according to Bourne movies and James Bond movies and all the other Hollywood movies about Russia. In those, handsome American men enter Russia without the visa, run around with guns, beat people up and then leave with a pretty blonde under their arm. They never show the immigration booth or having to stand in line there. Ah, how I want to escape into the world of the movies...
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby chanta76 » Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:09 pm

WHy wuld you want to marry a girl who is green card hunting? Is it me but are white people the worst ?..(I don't want to come out sounding racist) . I mean many of you think white American women are the worst. Now in the EE women seek marriage but more to escape than for genuine reason.
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Postby Cornfed » Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:13 pm

chanta76 wrote:WHy wuld you want to marry a girl who is green card hunting? Is it me but are white people the worst ?..(I don't want to come out sounding racist) . I mean many of you think white American women are the worst. Now in the EE women seek marriage but more to escape than for genuine reason.

What would be an example of a genuine reason?
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby newlifeinphilippines » Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:16 pm

chanta76 wrote:WHy wuld you want to marry a girl who is green card hunting? Is it me but are white people the worst ?..(I don't want to come out sounding racist) . I mean many of you think white American women are the worst. Now in the EE women seek marriage but more to escape than for genuine reason.

asian men dont want filipinas?
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

Next

Return to Russia, Ukraine, Former Soviet Republics