Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.


Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife



View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile


Do Asian men have a disadvantage in Eastern Europe?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to Russia, Ukraine, or the former Soviet Republics.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Postby fsublue69 » Thu Mar 27, 2008 3:13 am

sharpbws wrote:
Evergreen wrote: Alright, if you don't want to believe there are more women than men in Russia even young women age groups like 18 to 35, then I'll move beyond this. Let's agree to disagree.


Just curious, have you actually ever been in Russia?


Brad, that was my same question exactly. I assume by his lack of an answer his reply would be zero.

Funny how many times on boards like these guys that should be listening and learning are spending too much time trying to be teachers.

You were absolutely accurate in your statement about the ratio between the sexes in Russia. He probably also believes that Russian women prefer a marriage to men 20+ years their senior.

Brian
fsublue69
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:53 am

Postby KristineTheStrawberryGirl » Thu Mar 27, 2008 4:13 am

Grunt wrote:I would think Russian men have about the same possibility for redemption as American females. The trend has been going, in both camps, since the end of World War 2. Economic improvements may alleviate some of the abstract suffering, but so long as there are abundant vodka bottles and divorce lawyers laying around, the tiger wont change its stripes.

Those in power do not give it up easily or willingly. This is demonstrated as more and more Western men are flooding overseas to find wives, while domestic marriage rates plummet. Yet do American females get a clue and snap out of it? NO! They become even more shrill, repulsive, unreasonable and, controlling. I'm sure it will be the same with Russian guys, given the right set of circumstances.

Putting faith where it is undue is like putting a convicted kleptomaniac in a room filled with small expensive shiny objects. They will always fall back to their basic programming.


Grunt, what you say about American women is very inflammatory, but I have to confess that I know precisely what you mean by the shrill, fat and controlling American females. I have to deal with such types too, and it is not pleasant. I am happy to hear that you have managed to find happiness and distance yourself from these types of women. However, I am not really convinced, from what I have seen, that those of you seeking more gentle and feminine types abroad really have any impact on their lives. These women operate very largely by using games and mind control to marginalize others ... mainly, they seek to marginalize better looking women and certain men to get what they want. They are very successful, as any response can be twisted. I find the best way to deal with such women is simply not to give sanction to their sarcasm and self-proclaimed glory.

Part of the problem is that many American men play the game right along with them. For example, the guy at my work who is considered the most eligible bachelor spends more of his time talking to older, overly-aggressive, shrill divorcees or wives than the single young hot American woman who clearly is interested in him. There is also a very beautiful blonde from Ukraine who he ignores to the point that he has never even introduced himself to her or talked to her. Yes, he has been seen going to lunch with the hot girl who likes him, but he only does it when none of the other women are there, and will totally walk away from her to chat up with the battle-axes. He, along with every other guy in our office, speaks of these loud and mouthy women as having "strong personalities" and will often complain that more feminine women are weak. I cannot tell you how many times American men that I dated told me that I was not aggressive enough, and that I didn't know how to "play the game."

As far as your comments about Russian men, I just cannot agree with it at all. My husband is Russian. With the exception of my husband's friend from Fiji, absolutely all of our friends outside of work are from Russia, Ukraine or FSU. All married couples. We are very happy with our Russian men, and we drink together in moderation. Our friends are surgeons, engineers, programmers ... mostly young professionals like us. Are there drunkards in Russia? Sure. However, I have seen just as many drunkard males in blue collar areas of the US.

It goes both ways ... the relationship dysfunction is not entirely the blame of American women. Feminism plays a huge role, mainly because of the economic situation it has created, but men are often feminist in America too.
"The limits of my language mean the limits of my world." -Ludwig Wittgenstein
KristineTheStrawberryGirl
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 140
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2007 7:32 am
Location: Nor-Cal

Postby Grunt » Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:25 pm

Who was it that said trying to find a good American female is like trying to find a tootsie roll in a pool filled with turds? Its possible, of course, but not probable and the whole experience will leave a bad taste in your mouth.

That being said, I at no time said there were no decent Russian men. I'm sure there are a few, your husband and his friends being among them. Not that I have to justify my theory to anyone, but lets say for the sake or argument that epidemic is 25% of a given group, and pandemic is 50%.

If it is a quantifiable fact that 70%+ of divorces in America are initiated by the female, and that 90% of child disputes are in favor of the mother, we can state with some degree of confidence that the problem is indeed with the American female, and that the problem is super-pandemic. Its gone to plaid.

Conversely, if we can say that according to Forbes.com report, 43% of deaths among Russian men between the ages of 25 to 54 are directly attributable to alcohol. Including..."beer, wine and spirits, and consumption of non-beverage alcohol such as cleaning agents, colognes and medical tinctures." Cleaning agents and colognes? Yikes!

forbes.com/forbeslife/health/feeds/hscout/2007/06/15/hscout605557.html

Added to this, we see a Russian Ministry of the Interior report that shows 76% of women in Russia suffer some form of long term abuse. And, since Russian "law enforcement" is a an international joke, women have no real reason to overstate the problem. "Overall each year, about 14,000 women die at the hands of their husbands or intimate partners. In the United States, by comparison, this number stands at about 1,200, according to the 2001 Bureau of Justice Statistics Report. Russia's population is 144 million; the U.S. population is 293 million." These are not encouraging numbers.

Nor are they my "opinion".

Now back to America females. They say a Democrat is a Republican that hasn't been mugged yet. Therefore, any guy that courts American females can be considered to be in the "learning phase". When I was in my 20's, I had some misgivings, but I gave American females the benefit of the doubt. A few horrifying and tragic relationships fixed that problem by the time I hit 30.

I would also like to state that a good portion of American females do their level best to be rude to my wife. Basically the same as Ukrainian and Russian guys treat American men. We can all agree its based on jealousy. And some "Christian" Canadian females have gone to some pretty elaborate lengths to infect my wife with the feminist (communist) disease.

The flaw in their plan is forgetting that my wife is not American, or Canadian. My wife is quite capable of looking at the quality (or lack thereof) of the Canadian or American females, then looking at her own inherent (world class in my opinion, but I may be biased) qualities.

And in the end, thats what its all about. American men selecting only the very best and finest quality women, and holding those women to the highest possible standards. Because we American men are among the best in the world. And unlike American females, thats not just opinion, its cold hard fact.

Just ask the best women in the world, they will agree.
Grunt
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 830
Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2008 8:13 pm

Postby Grunt » Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:05 pm

Yeah, I looked into both Russia and Ukraine, and decided on Ukraine. Hindsight being 20/20 Im glad I did. As far as latina's, I had alot of fun in South America, but no WAY would I bring a latina back to America.
Grunt
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 830
Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2008 8:13 pm

Postby KristineTheStrawberryGirl » Sat Mar 29, 2008 3:00 am

accidently duplicated my response. sorry.
Last edited by KristineTheStrawberryGirl on Sat Mar 29, 2008 4:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The limits of my language mean the limits of my world." -Ludwig Wittgenstein
KristineTheStrawberryGirl
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 140
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2007 7:32 am
Location: Nor-Cal

Postby KristineTheStrawberryGirl » Sat Mar 29, 2008 3:02 am

Grunt wrote:If it is a quantifiable fact that 70%+ of divorces in America are initiated by the female, and that 90% of child disputes are in favor of the mother, we can state with some degree of confidence that the problem is indeed with the American female, and that the problem is super-pandemic. Its gone to plaid.

And in the end, thats what its all about. American men selecting only the very best and finest quality women, and holding those women to the highest possible standards. Because we American men are among the best in the world. And unlike American females, thats not just opinion, its cold hard fact.

Just ask the best women in the world, they will agree.


I will start with my usual disclaimer that i am not trying to make a science out of my cheeky remarks on this forum. However, I am curious where you found such data about divorces. I am a family law paralegal in one of the big 6 counties in California, and the data you are claiming is surprising to me. I am not saying that it is wrong, but it is not what I see in the court.

As far as American men being the best and Russian men being the worst. That is subjective, and certainly not a cold hard fact. I agree that many American men are great, but I would not necessarily want to have a romantic relationship with one or try to start a family with one. I understand your point about men who drink. I grew up in a home where there was allot of drinking and yelling, as my dad had the typical drinking tendencies. My husband's family are atypical for Russians, as they consider my husband and I "big drinkers" because we drink weekly. The point I am making is that drinking and yelling are not the only ways that families can be dysfunctional. yes, my dad drank too much, he yelled sometimes and would even storm out the house and go to bars leaving my mom and I sitting for the night. However, I still will say he was a great dad and my parents had a very strong commitment and true passion for each other, which I rarely see in American homes. They were married for 28 years before American feminists (both men and women) finally convinced them to divorce (due to the drinking and yelling). Despite the fact that my mother was in her late 60s, American men were lining up to date her. My dad had plenty of options too, but he was so depressed, he took none of those offers. My mother dated a few men, and one particularly enterprising, intelligent and enlightened American man really got her attention for a while. However, as quality of a guy as he was, there was just no commitment and no strong bond or passion. The next guy, she eventually found out had a wife, who he was no longer attracted to, and turned to my mom to fulfill those needs. In the end, she began to regret leaving my dad who drinks and yells, and she died. My father died 8 months after her. In the family that I am making with my husband, I do not want all the drinking and yelling that I grew up with, but I do want that feeling of family that I always had with my parents, and I can't imagine having with an American man. I am absolutely not saying that Americans cannot have that strong feeling of family, and in fact, I'd say that the American family of the 1950s set the example to the world. However, I just have too many cultural differences with modern American men. I stopped dating them in 1999, because I started to notice that I just have more constructive relationships with non-American men. My past relationships mainly ended in good terms, but I did make observations that I did not bond well with American men. I attracted them like crazy, but they seemed to want someone more aggressive, outspoken, and someone who will challenge them rather than support them to be honest. In 2005, I married a Russian man, and we are building the Russian inter-dependent supportive family structure that is part of our community.
"The limits of my language mean the limits of my world." -Ludwig Wittgenstein
KristineTheStrawberryGirl
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 140
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2007 7:32 am
Location: Nor-Cal

Postby Evergreen » Sat Mar 29, 2008 7:23 am

Okay, I'm going to say this once in this forum. Don't marry in feminist North America or any Anglo countries. If you do marry, marry in developing countries and expat to her country.

You can read http://www.nomarriage.com and http://www.dont-marry.com to reinforce my above statement. That is all I have to say.
Evergreen
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 33
Joined: Sat Mar 22, 2008 8:00 am

Postby sharpbws » Sat Mar 29, 2008 1:45 pm

Evergreen wrote:Okay, I'm going to say this once in this forum. Don't marry in feminist North America or any Anglo countries. If you do marry, marry in developing countries and expat to her country.


I'm assuming your opinion is based on your vast experience in travelling to other coutries and actually dating, or having long-term relationships with other women, right?
:-)
Brad
sharpbws
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 69
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2007 2:50 pm

Postby Evergreen » Sat Mar 29, 2008 10:37 pm

Right. Let's just say I've been to over eleven countries, maybe more that I lost count. Foreign women from non-Anglo countries are better. Developing countries have some of the best feminine women that one day I will expat. Winston is a great example with his many MGTOW articles, photos and experiences. :)
Evergreen
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 33
Joined: Sat Mar 22, 2008 8:00 am

Postby Grunt » Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:27 am

Ok, kristine, I am going to make this as utterly simple as humanly possible. Not for you, but for the male heterosexual readers.

First question. If American females are indeed (as you purport) the equal of any other nations ladies, please find me a grouping of American females with masters degrees at age 25, very adept at the traditional duties of a wife such as cooking, cleaning, budgeting, shopping, nurturing, and generally enjoyable company.

These women must also be of photo model quality in appearance, willing to work to support the family, trustworthy, wise, intelligent, and thrifty. These are absolute minimum qualifications, thus all American men should adhere to them, while completely disregarding any and all inferior females that can not meet this standard.

Now, this being said, lets place this in a quantifiable format. To do this, we can use market forces as an excellent benchmark. This will reduce matters of opinion to an absolute minimum, distilling the matter down to cold hard facts. Therefore, please demonstrate for the forum parity in market forces.

For every webpage I post that is dedicated to foreign women seeking American (or western) men, you will post an equal webpage dedicated to foreign men seeking American females. And, you should also post a webpage that is dedicated to foreign women seeking Russian men.

This task, if your assertions and opinions are indeed truly sound and valid, should be profoundly easy indeed. I will await your first listing, then match it. I am all about chivalry, dontcha know.

Failure to keep to these very simple guidelines above will be a tacit admission that my assertions are correct, and that yours are based on individual perception or whole cloth fabrication. This will induce rhetoric that, considering context, will be placed under deeper examination.
Grunt
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 830
Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2008 8:13 pm

Postby KristineTheStrawberryGirl » Wed Apr 02, 2008 1:04 am

Grunt wrote:Ok, kristine, I am going to make this as utterly simple as humanly possible. Not for you, but for the male heterosexual readers.

First question. If American females are indeed (as you purport) the equal of any other nations ladies, please find me a grouping of American females with masters degrees at age 25, very adept at the traditional duties of a wife such as cooking, cleaning, budgeting, shopping, nurturing, and generally enjoyable company.

These women must also be of photo model quality in appearance, willing to work to support the family, trustworthy, wise, intelligent, and thrifty. These are absolute minimum qualifications, thus all American men should adhere to them, while completely disregarding any and all inferior females that can not meet this standard.

Now, this being said, lets place this in a quantifiable format. To do this, we can use market forces as an excellent benchmark. This will reduce matters of opinion to an absolute minimum, distilling the matter down to cold hard facts. Therefore, please demonstrate for the forum parity in market forces.

For every webpage I post that is dedicated to foreign women seeking American (or western) men, you will post an equal webpage dedicated to foreign men seeking American females. And, you should also post a webpage that is dedicated to foreign women seeking Russian men.

This task, if your assertions and opinions are indeed truly sound and valid, should be profoundly easy indeed. I will await your first listing, then match it. I am all about chivalry, dontcha know.

Failure to keep to these very simple guidelines above will be a tacit admission that my assertions are correct, and that yours are based on individual perception or whole cloth fabrication. This will induce rhetoric that, considering context, will be placed under deeper examination.


Did you actually read what I wrote before responding? By the looks of your response, you did not. I never mentioned anything about American females being equal nor did I even give my opinion about the quality of Russian women or American women. My writing was about why I decided to marry a man within my own culture.

I don't think it's my job to find a group of women that meets such criteria from any nation. Did you somehow mistakenly think that I am some kind of a dating service representative or something?

Sorry Grunt, but I'm not going to try to play games with a self-proclaimed logician, who tries to trap people in the cult of his tautology. You can choose to live that way and think that way, but let other people outside of your little world will make up their own minds. It's not going to harm you if you, as you have claimed, have already found happiness with a foreign woman.
"The limits of my language mean the limits of my world." -Ludwig Wittgenstein
KristineTheStrawberryGirl
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 140
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2007 7:32 am
Location: Nor-Cal

Postby Grunt » Wed Apr 02, 2008 1:36 am

Gotcha, couldn't find any web pages about foreign men seeking American females, or foreign ladies seeking Russian guys, huh?

And your not here to play head games...sure...thats just plain funny.
Grunt
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 830
Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2008 8:13 pm

Postby KristineTheStrawberryGirl » Fri Apr 04, 2008 4:08 am

Grunt wrote:Gotcha, couldn't find any web pages about foreign men seeking American females, or foreign ladies seeking Russian guys, huh?

And your not here to play head games...sure...thats just plain funny.


I'm not in search of websites to find mates of any type. I am married. Once again, you obviously did not read my reply before you responded. I am not sure why it is so important to you to attempt to marginalize Russian men. Russia is doing well, Russian men are getting new opportunities, becoming more enterprising and I don't see why that bothers you. Your success in life does not require you to marginalize others.

On another note, Grunt. I am willing to agree with you that it is probably easier to find a pleasantly pretty young woman in Russia, who is not overweight and not sarcastic than in America. That is during the present time and trends. Anything beyond that Grunt, I am sorry but I do not drink Kool-aid. Cheers.
"The limits of my language mean the limits of my world." -Ludwig Wittgenstein
KristineTheStrawberryGirl
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 140
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2007 7:32 am
Location: Nor-Cal

Postby gmm567 » Sat Apr 05, 2008 6:55 am

so sharps tell us of your Russian wife please.

I don't mean to be disrespectful; I am earnestly hopeful for your long term happiness and joy. God--do I hope to hear of your long term contentment-cause dude--you'v e had far too much suffering in your life.

How many decent Russian woman are there? I hope......

you found one!
gmm567
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 471
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:12 pm

Postby Grunt » Sat Apr 05, 2008 12:02 pm

Ok, kristine, from your comments we can deduce that you were unable to compete with pretty young girls in Russia. This is your way to lash out at them, and Americans guys by proxy, for not choosing you. Textbook passive-aggressive.

On a serious note, I am astonished at how you can, on one hand, disparage Russian girls as questionable, while simultaneously propping Russian guys (and thus, yourself) up. Its like some Alice in Wonderland dystopia.

Are you familiar with the term "cognitive dissonance"?
Grunt
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 830
Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2008 8:13 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Russia, Ukraine, Former Soviet Republics

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests