An article on dating scams in Ukraine

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to Russia, Ukraine, or the former Soviet Republics.
pandabear
Veteran Poster

An article on dating scams in Ukraine

Post by pandabear »

Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on March 9th, 2020, 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
starchild5
Veteran Poster

Re: An article on dating scams in Ukraine

Post by starchild5 »

Ghost wrote:I could never imagine myself going on one of these "romance tours." First, I don't have the money. Second, I think it's a bad way to meet someone decent. (Third, I don't read about much good coming from that country and those women.) So much time and money that these guys waste...I could do much better with it. Sad.

I watched a video about wife-hunting in Ukraine. A bunch of old and middle aged fools. Going to clubs, drinking beer, as if you'll find a decent woman while you're swigging a beer and perusing them through the smoky atmosphere of a nightclub. Paying out the a** to go put yourself in a controlled, predetermined environment that is meant to drain you of money and emotional energy. And then the old fools ship out and a new group of doofuses ships in.

The guys that do this have money - and that's about it. And the women going to meet them know that. Money and a passport. How many of those guys even know how to say "hello" in Russian or Ukrainian? Probably not 1 in 100. The mindset is just pay for an experience and have someone hold your hand. And they do hold your hand, while the other grabs your wallet.
I think the whole set up has come out of necessity with America/Anglo world failed as a country to provide love for their men and Low Life's are taking advantage of a sad situation and making millions.

I kinda feel bad for these men as for many its their final shot to be with a women. We all are living on Hope. I saw some videos on youtube...where a guys wife in America cleaned him out, left him with nothing and now he is old with many illness and no one to take care of him with his children leaving them etc..He don't want to go to Florida and leave in old age home...so his friend told him to go to Ukraine to find a wife..He found one in her 40's in Ukraine and he seems to be happy.

.also, if someone likes Caucasian women...only place for them is Eastern Europe now a days.
roteiro
Freshman Poster

Post by roteiro »

There is a lot of scam websites in Ukraine really. You should use only reliable websites with Russian girls like bridge-of-loveMy good friend met a Ukrainian girl on such a website and they are together for some months now. They are even planning to get married soon
Alex Storm
Freshman Poster

Post by Alex Storm »

I completely agree with the statement that there are lots of scam dating sites. Nevertheless, I personaly have an experience of communication with the girls on such kind of sites. It goes without saying, that I faced obstacles and fraud that gils did to me! However, I have already found a web-site that has a great anti-scam system. This site is Bridge-of-love. Anyway, I was careful in communicating with girls until I met the one I liked. Now I am a hapy man who has a lovely wife from Urkaine. Thanks to Bridge-of-love. :)
travelsouth
Freshman Poster

Post by travelsouth »

I'm pretty sure there still is a service that advertises for you mainly in the newspapers I believe. I like unique ideas. If you develop the connections anything is possible. The most important thing is to have somebody that's a go to in the country. If Kiev is your thing then you better have a local "bro" that you buy drinks for. Let the local open doors for you.
drealm
Junior Poster

Post by drealm »

travelsouth wrote:I'm pretty sure there still is a service that advertises for you mainly in the newspapers I believe. I like unique ideas. If you develop the connections anything is possible. The most important thing is to have somebody that's a go to in the country. If Kiev is your thing then you better have a local "bro" that you buy drinks for. Let the local open doors for you.
This seems like a completely idealist approach. I have never seen anyone on this forum or any other forum anywhere on the internet find a local Ukrainian guy who happens to speak english and out of the goodness of his heart had some unusual driven passion to hook up an American with an attractive, young girl.

These are the ways you can deal with finding a wife:

1. Say "f**k it", jump off a cliff and see how long you can fly for. This is the "i'm gonna retire on english teaching" crowd.

2. Be a decent paid slave in the usa and spend your two weeks of vacation finding a wife. I fall into this crowd.

3. Get lucky and retire young. The world is your oyster. Move wherever you want. I'm hoping to be in this crowd within the next five years.

4. Make money on the internet with no hard skill or talent. Another way of saying this is be RooshV. If you're not RooshV this option doesn't apply to you.
Zambales
Experienced Poster

Post by Zambales »

Can't believe that Todd guy spent thousands on phone calls to a woman only for her to ignore his calls when he got there. The trip cost him $5,000 too.

Best to go to the said country yourself hangout for awhile and see who you can find and leave these scamming romance tours to the chumps.
travelsouth
Freshman Poster

Post by travelsouth »

drealm wrote:
travelsouth wrote:I'm pretty sure there still is a service that advertises for you mainly in the newspapers I believe. I like unique ideas. If you develop the connections anything is possible. The most important thing is to have somebody that's a go to in the country. If Kiev is your thing then you better have a local "bro" that you buy drinks for. Let the local open doors for you.
This seems like a completely idealist approach. I have never seen anyone on this forum or any other forum anywhere on the internet find a local Ukrainian guy who happens to speak english and out of the goodness of his heart had some unusual driven passion to hook up an American with an attractive, young girl.

1. Say "f**k it", jump off a cliff and see how long you can fly for. This is the "i'm gonna retire on english teaching" crowd.

2. Be a decent paid slave in the usa and spend your two weeks of vacation finding a wife. I fall into this crowd.

3. Get lucky and retire young. The world is your oyster. Move wherever you want. I'm hoping to be in this crowd within the next five years.

4. Make money on the internet with no hard skill or talent. Another way of saying this is be RooshV. If you're not RooshV this option doesn't apply to you.
I made local latino friends. I would think if you try you could find an educated guy in most countries. If nothing else a local go to type guy is available for hire in places like Colombia. They get you dates, show you around, etc. That's never been my way to do it, because I'd rather just make friends. I'd rather just pay an interpreter that goes out and knows the city rather than some rip off service with socials full of sharks.
drealm
Junior Poster

Post by drealm »

travelsouth wrote:
drealm wrote:

I made local latino friends. I would think if you try you could find an educated guy in most countries. If nothing else a local go to type guy is available for hire in places like Colombia. They get you dates, show you around, etc. That's never been my way to do it, because I'd rather just make friends. I'd rather just pay an interpreter that goes out and knows the city rather than some rip off service with socials full of sharks.
Okay so you made a latino friend. Latin culture is more extroverted than eastern Europe. Anyone can learn Spanish, Ukrainian is tough. Not exactly an apples to apples comparison.

But lets run with your example. What country was this in? How long were you there? Did your friend introduce you to any women? Are you on a course to bringing anyone you were introduced to back home?

As a comparison the selling point of an agency is:

1) Meet a lot of single women fast in 1-2 weeks.
2) All the women are supposed to be willing to move abroad. It doesn't matter if you meet someone if she wants to stay wherever.
cbcsurvivalist
Freshman Poster

Post by cbcsurvivalist »

This is is a f***ing waste of money and sure fire way of getting cleaned out. For $5000, go learn Russian or Ukrainian for 3-6 months prior to trip, go buy a roundtrip ticket to said country, pipeline 2 weeks to 2 months to line up dates from language exchange sites or couchsurfing, rent an apartment for 3-4 months there, hit on local women when you arrive, go on your pipelined dates. You don't need to spend thousands paying some bullshit interpreter to translate for you. You can either learn russian yourself which would increase your SMV or just do a language exchange with chicks who speak at least basic conversational English.

Seems to me these guys are just f***ing lazy and don't want to put in any leg work. I bet you like 99.9% of them can't even say "hi, how are you" in Russian. You can easily learn that in 5 f***ing minutes online.

Not sure how much these "socials" cost but you could probably just pay to attend 1-2 if you really wanted to meet a tonne of women all in one go when your already there instead of spending 5k for 1-2 lousy weeks.
http://cbcsurvivalguide.com/ Tips and Tricks for the CBC in the 21th century
drealm
Junior Poster

Post by drealm »

cbcsurvivalist wrote:This is is a f***ing waste of money and sure fire way of getting cleaned out. For $5000, go learn Russian or Ukrainian for 3-6 months prior to trip, go buy a roundtrip ticket to said country, pipeline 2 weeks to 2 months to line up dates from language exchange sites or couchsurfing, rent an apartment for 3-4 months there, hit on local women when you arrive, go on your pipelined dates. You don't need to spend thousands paying some bullshit interpreter to translate for you. You can either learn russian yourself which would increase your SMV or just do a language exchange with chicks who speak at least basic conversational English.

Seems to me these guys are just f***ing lazy and don't want to put in any leg work. I bet you like 99.9% of them can't even say "hi, how are you" in Russian. You can easily learn that in 5 f***ing minutes online.

Not sure how much these "socials" cost but you could probably just pay to attend 1-2 if you really wanted to meet a tonne of women all in one go when your already there instead of spending 5k for 1-2 lousy weeks.
Being anywhere 3-4 months requires quitting your job. This works for people who want to jump off a cliff and become an English teacher.

Do you recognize that this is NOT compatible for the average joe who cannot say "f**k it" and go when and where they want?

I will ask you the same question I asked travelsouth. Have you or anyone else you've known actually done the approach your espousing? Or this some bullshit hypothetical plan you've been too f***ing lazy to put leg work into?
cbcsurvivalist
Freshman Poster

Post by cbcsurvivalist »

drealm wrote:
cbcsurvivalist wrote:This is is a f***ing waste of money and sure fire way of getting cleaned out. For $5000, go learn Russian or Ukrainian for 3-6 months prior to trip, go buy a roundtrip ticket to said country, pipeline 2 weeks to 2 months to line up dates from language exchange sites or couchsurfing, rent an apartment for 3-4 months there, hit on local women when you arrive, go on your pipelined dates. You don't need to spend thousands paying some bullshit interpreter to translate for you. You can either learn russian yourself which would increase your SMV or just do a language exchange with chicks who speak at least basic conversational English.

Being anywhere 3-4 months requires quitting your job. This works for people who want to jump off a cliff and become an English teacher.

Do you recognize that this is NOT compatible for the average joe who cannot say "f**k it" and go when and where they want?

I will ask you the same question I asked travelsouth. Have you or anyone else you've known actually done the approach your espousing? Or this some bullshit hypothetical plan you've been too f***ing lazy to put leg work into?
Who said you need to quit your job to be anywhere 3-4 months or even longer? Haven't you heard about remote work agreements or telecommuting? Lots of people in tech/consulting do this. Hell if your company has branches in other countries you can request a transfer or something too. Ya sure if your working at your local mcdonalds flipping burgers then this should be the least of your worries, but if you have a number of years of work experience under your belt in an industry where either remote work is possible or you can work at another branch from your company this is definitely possible. Even some blue collar jobs you can do this like in the oil industry. Also with sites like elance/upworks and all those freelance jobs that are available, there is no excuse why you cannot make the switch gradually and specialize in something and eventually quit your job once you have a stable income coming in.

Plenty of people on the roosh v forum have done this. I did a mini version of this during the summer and right now I'm trying to start an online business so that I can make extended stays in other countries. Just because your too f***ing lazy to do anything and instead chose to make excuses doesn't mean others can't do it. look you can either sit their on your ass and bitch and complain about how bad american women are all day and night or you can go do something about it. The choose is yours.

Also your list is missing one more option.

5. Become an entrepreneur and start your own business. Start off part-time and gradually make the shift full time and quit your job.

Go watch that show 90 day fiancée. Some of those guys did exactly as I suggested. Ignore their betaness and lack of game but pay attention rather to how they were able to go abroad for a few months and find a wife.
drealm
Junior Poster

Post by drealm »

cbcsurvivalist wrote:Who said you need to quit your job to be anywhere 3-4 months or even longer? Haven't you heard about remote work agreements or telecommuting? Lots of people in tech/consulting do this. Hell if your company has branches in other countries you can request a transfer or something too. Ya sure if your working at your local mcdonalds flipping burgers then this should be the least of your worries, but if you have a number of years of work experience under your belt in an industry where either remote work is possible or you can work at another branch from your company this is definitely possible. Even some blue collar jobs you can do this like in the oil industry. Also with sites like elance/upworks and all those freelance jobs that are available, there is no excuse why you cannot make the switch gradually and specialize in something and eventually quit your job once you have a stable income coming in.
If you have any value at all to an organization of any accomplished size you would realize the reverse logic applies. How much time you have to be away or how much control you have over your conditions is proportional to how expendable you are. Your logic only works when any idiot can be pulled off the street and trained in a day to do your job. Tech/consulting is for people who have no longterm value to any organization. You're essentially a monkey with a tool box. When one monkey goes on vacation they replace them with some idiot like you to do the exact same job. You're not involved in high level decisions and you don't manage a division of people. Are you so f***ing stupid as to think someone who's a top executive of a company is the equivalent to a monkey turning a wrench? I'm not even going to debate with you how stupid the idea is of trying to compete internationally with Chinese and Indian labor.
cbcsurvivalist wrote:Plenty of people on the roosh v forum have done this. I did a mini version of this during the summer and right now I'm trying to start an online business so that I can make extended stays in other countries.
Who gives a shit. Unemployed expendable idiots can do whatever they want whenever they want. You're starting a business? Who gives a shit. Everyone on this forum is starting a internet business. Any egotistical moron can have 1 cent profit margin and claim to start a business. I've run into countless self employed people who proudly claim to be starting something or other but in reality make minimum wage.
cbcsurvivalist wrote:Just because your too f***ing lazy to do anything and instead chose to make excuses doesn't mean others can't do it. look you can either sit their on your a** and bitch and complain about how bad american women are all day and night or you can go do something about it. The choose is yours.
You obviously don't comprehend the concept of working smarter. You're in love with the method rather than the result. But you don't measure assets by how you got them. Are you so f***ing full of shit that you think someone is going to be impressed by how you made your money? No one gives a shit how you got your money. Women certainly don't. All anyone cares about is how much you have. What counts is your standard of living. If you want to be a rooshv clone then you'll have to copy rooshv's lifestyle too. That means living in a shitty country and having a cushion for a couple years before your short term gig dries up.
cbcsurvivalist wrote:Also your list is missing one more option.

5. Become an entrepreneur and start your own business. Start off part-time and gradually make the shift full time and quit your job.

Go watch that show 90 day fiancée. Some of those guys did exactly as I suggested. Ignore their betaness and lack of game but pay attention rather to how they were able to go abroad for a few months and find a wife.
Oh I see, so you're inventing the next Uber? Oh, my mistake.. the next facebook.. Actually what the f**k is it that you're creating, which warrants this title "entrepreneur"? The last time I checked, just about every self employed idiot I met thinks they're an entrepreneur. A janitor can be self employed too, do you consider them an entrepreneur?
cbcsurvivalist
Freshman Poster

Post by cbcsurvivalist »

drealm wrote:
cbcsurvivalist wrote:Who said you need to quit your job to be anywhere 3-4 months or even longer? Haven't you heard about remote work agreements or telecommuting? Lots of people in tech/consulting do this. Hell if your company has branches in other countries you can request a transfer or something too. Ya sure if your working at your local mcdonalds flipping burgers then this should be the least of your worries, but if you have a number of years of work experience under your belt in an industry where either remote work is possible or you can work at another branch from your company this is definitely possible. Even some blue collar jobs you can do this like in the oil industry. Also with sites like elance/upworks and all those freelance jobs that are available, there is no excuse why you cannot make the switch gradually and specialize in something and eventually quit your job once you have a stable income coming in.
If you have any value at all to an organization of any accomplished size you would realize the reverse logic applies. How much time you have to be away or how much control you have over your conditions is proportional to how expendable you are. Your logic only works when any idiot can be pulled off the street and trained in a day to do your job. Tech/consulting is for people who have no longterm value to any organization. You're essentially a monkey with a tool box. When one monkey goes on vacation they replace them with some idiot like you to do the exact same job. You're not involved in high level decisions and you don't manage a division of people. Are you so f***ing stupid as to think someone who's a top executive of a company is the equivalent to a monkey turning a wrench? I'm not even going to debate with you how stupid the idea is of trying to compete internationally with Chinese and Indian labor.
cbcsurvivalist wrote:Plenty of people on the roosh v forum have done this. I did a mini version of this during the summer and right now I'm trying to start an online business so that I can make extended stays in other countries.
Who gives a shit. Unemployed expendable idiots can do whatever they want whenever they want. You're starting a business? Who gives a shit. Everyone on this forum is starting a internet business. Any egotistical moron can have 1 cent profit margin and claim to start a business. I've run into countless self employed people who proudly claim to be starting something or other but in reality make minimum wage.
cbcsurvivalist wrote:Just because your too f***ing lazy to do anything and instead chose to make excuses doesn't mean others can't do it. look you can either sit their on your a** and bitch and complain about how bad american women are all day and night or you can go do something about it. The choose is yours.
You obviously don't comprehend the concept of working smarter. You're in love with the method rather than the result. But you don't measure assets by how you got them. Are you so f***ing full of shit that you think someone is going to be impressed by how you made your money? No one gives a shit how you got your money. Women certainly don't. All anyone cares about is how much you have. What counts is your standard of living. If you want to be a rooshv clone then you'll have to copy rooshv's lifestyle too. That means living in a shitty country and having a cushion for a couple years before your short term gig dries up.
cbcsurvivalist wrote:Also your list is missing one more option.

Oh I see, so you're inventing the next Uber? Oh, my mistake.. the next facebook.. Actually what the f**k is it that you're creating, which warrants this title "entrepreneur"? The last time I checked, just about every self employed idiot I met thinks they're an entrepreneur. A janitor can be self employed too, do you consider them an entrepreneur?
I'm not even going to bother arguing with this idiotic post of yours. Go enjoy your measly 2 week vacation and continuing dating fat feminist chicks in America :lol: .