Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.


Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife



View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile


An article on dating scams in Ukraine

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to Russia, Ukraine, or the former Soviet Republics.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Re: An article on dating scams in Ukraine

Postby drealm » Thu Dec 24, 2015 7:03 am

cbcsurvivalist wrote:
drealm wrote:
cbcsurvivalist wrote:Who said you need to quit your job to be anywhere 3-4 months or even longer? Haven't you heard about remote work agreements or telecommuting? Lots of people in tech/consulting do this. Hell if your company has branches in other countries you can request a transfer or something too. Ya sure if your working at your local mcdonalds flipping burgers then this should be the least of your worries, but if you have a number of years of work experience under your belt in an industry where either remote work is possible or you can work at another branch from your company this is definitely possible. Even some blue collar jobs you can do this like in the oil industry. Also with sites like elance/upworks and all those freelance jobs that are available, there is no excuse why you cannot make the switch gradually and specialize in something and eventually quit your job once you have a stable income coming in.


If you have any value at all to an organization of any accomplished size you would realize the reverse logic applies. How much time you have to be away or how much control you have over your conditions is proportional to how expendable you are. Your logic only works when any idiot can be pulled off the street and trained in a day to do your job. Tech/consulting is for people who have no longterm value to any organization. You're essentially a monkey with a tool box. When one monkey goes on vacation they replace them with some idiot like you to do the exact same job. You're not involved in high level decisions and you don't manage a division of people. Are you so f***ing stupid as to think someone who's a top executive of a company is the equivalent to a monkey turning a wrench? I'm not even going to debate with you how stupid the idea is of trying to compete internationally with Chinese and Indian labor.

cbcsurvivalist wrote:Plenty of people on the roosh v forum have done this. I did a mini version of this during the summer and right now I'm trying to start an online business so that I can make extended stays in other countries.


Who gives a shit. Unemployed expendable idiots can do whatever they want whenever they want. You're starting a business? Who gives a shit. Everyone on this forum is starting a internet business. Any egotistical moron can have 1 cent profit margin and claim to start a business. I've run into countless self employed people who proudly claim to be starting something or other but in reality make minimum wage.

cbcsurvivalist wrote:Just because your too f***ing lazy to do anything and instead chose to make excuses doesn't mean others can't do it. look you can either sit their on your a** and bitch and complain about how bad american women are all day and night or you can go do something about it. The choose is yours.


You obviously don't comprehend the concept of working smarter. You're in love with the method rather than the result. But you don't measure assets by how you got them. Are you so f***ing full of shit that you think someone is going to be impressed by how you made your money? No one gives a shit how you got your money. Women certainly don't. All anyone cares about is how much you have. What counts is your standard of living. If you want to be a rooshv clone then you'll have to copy rooshv's lifestyle too. That means living in a shitty country and having a cushion for a couple years before your short term gig dries up.

cbcsurvivalist wrote:Also your list is missing one more option.

5. Become an entrepreneur and start your own business. Start off part-time and gradually make the shift full time and quit your job.

Go watch that show 90 day fiancée. Some of those guys did exactly as I suggested. Ignore their betaness and lack of game but pay attention rather to how they were able to go abroad for a few months and find a wife.


Oh I see, so you're inventing the next Uber? Oh, my mistake.. the next facebook.. Actually what the f**k is it that you're creating, which warrants this title "entrepreneur"? The last time I checked, just about every self employed idiot I met thinks they're an entrepreneur. A janitor can be self employed too, do you consider them an entrepreneur?


I'm not even going to bother arguing with this idiotic post of yours. Go enjoy your measly 2 week vacation and continuing dating fat feminist chicks in America :lol: .


What the f**k is there to argue with? Are you inventing the next Uber or are you just another enthusiastic moron who thinks starting a blog and making a bullshit free ebook qualifies as being entrepreneurial? You do realize that getting rich is more than just an idea or feeling right? You actually need to cough something up at the end of the day to prove you're not a loser. I have say I'm surprised you're Chinese. I work with Chinese every day and you don't strike me as being Chinese. Your bullshit to reality ratio is way out of whack. Or course you're Canadian born so that probably explains why you're more interested in talking about money than actually making it.
User avatar
drealm
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 835
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:23 pm







Re: An article on dating scams in Ukraine

Postby WorldTraveler » Thu Dec 24, 2015 7:18 am

cbcsurvivalist wrote:
drealm wrote:
cbcsurvivalist wrote:This is is a f***ing waste of money and sure fire way of getting cleaned out. For $5000, go learn Russian or Ukrainian for 3-6 months prior to trip, go buy a roundtrip ticket to said country, pipeline 2 weeks to 2 months to line up dates from language exchange sites or couchsurfing, rent an apartment for 3-4 months there, hit on local women when you arrive, go on your pipelined dates. You don't need to spend thousands paying some bullshit interpreter to translate for you. You can either learn russian yourself which would increase your SMV or just do a language exchange with chicks who speak at least basic conversational English.

Seems to me these guys are just f***ing lazy and don't want to put in any leg work. I bet you like 99.9% of them can't even say "hi, how are you" in Russian. You can easily learn that in 5 f***ing minutes online.

Not sure how much these "socials" cost but you could probably just pay to attend 1-2 if you really wanted to meet a tonne of women all in one go when your already there instead of spending 5k for 1-2 lousy weeks.


Being anywhere 3-4 months requires quitting your job. This works for people who want to jump off a cliff and become an English teacher.

Do you recognize that this is NOT compatible for the average joe who cannot say "f**k it" and go when and where they want?

I will ask you the same question I asked travelsouth. Have you or anyone else you've known actually done the approach your espousing? Or this some bullshit hypothetical plan you've been too f***ing lazy to put leg work into?


Who said you need to quit your job to be anywhere 3-4 months or even longer? Haven't you heard about remote work agreements or telecommuting? Lots of people in tech/consulting do this. Hell if your company has branches in other countries you can request a transfer or something too. Ya sure if your working at your local mcdonalds flipping burgers then this should be the least of your worries, but if you have a number of years of work experience under your belt in an industry where either remote work is possible or you can work at another branch from your company this is definitely possible. Even some blue collar jobs you can do this like in the oil industry. Also with sites like elance/upworks and all those freelance jobs that are available, there is no excuse why you cannot make the switch gradually and specialize in something and eventually quit your job once you have a stable income coming in.

Plenty of people on the roosh v forum have done this. I did a mini version of this during the summer and right now I'm trying to start an online business so that I can make extended stays in other countries. Just because your too f***ing lazy to do anything and instead chose to make excuses doesn't mean others can't do it. look you can either sit their on your a** and bitch and complain about how bad american women are all day and night or you can go do something about it. The choose is yours.

Also your list is missing one more option.

5. Become an entrepreneur and start your own business. Start off part-time and gradually make the shift full time and quit your job.

Go watch that show 90 day fiancée. Some of those guys did exactly as I suggested. Ignore their betaness and lack of game but pay attention rather to how they were able to go abroad for a few months and find a wife.


What kind of businesses do the 90 day fiancée guys have: the guy selling junk on EBay?

Tell me about remote assignments in tech? I want to hear more. Who do you know is actually do it?

You mentioned plenty of people on the Roosh v Forum have done this. Who? A while back I contacted several of these people and not one of them could tell me anything about what they do. Nothing was real. It was nothing more than rich kids trying to sound important.
WorldTraveler
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 659
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:46 pm

Re: An article on dating scams in Ukraine

Postby Ghost » Thu Dec 24, 2015 8:39 am

drealm wrote:1. Say "f**k it", jump off a cliff and see how long you can fly for. This is the "i'm gonna retire on english teaching" crowd.

2. Be a decent paid slave in the usa and spend your two weeks of vacation finding a wife. I fall into this crowd.

3. Get lucky and retire young. The world is your oyster. Move wherever you want. I'm hoping to be in this crowd within the next five years.

4. Make money on the internet with no hard skill or talent. Another way of saying this is be RooshV. If you're not RooshV this option doesn't apply to you.


So in other words, there are two realistic but not ideal ways and two ideal but not realistic ways. It's similar to what I've said about having either money or time: most people have only one or the other, and having one usually precludes having the other.

1. It's a way to start and have options and relative job security if you really invest in it. Earnings will usually be too low unless you teach in parts of China, Korea, Japan, and various Middle Eastern countries. You never want to rely on one source of income these days obviously, so anyone doing this needs to plan to add in more income over time. However, many men find wives every year doing this, so it's hard to argue with results.

2. I don't know how "decent" can ever be a reasonable adjective to use for the word "slave." Two weeks vacation per year for wife finding is not only unrealistic, it's outright fantasy. (Unless your future wife is a green card hunter, which is the only kind of woman who is going to accept marrying a guy she has known for two weeks in person.) Working in the U.S. might be OK if you save most of your income. Given the much higher cost of living in the U.S., though, even $50K-$100K a year isn't what it used to be. I guess a single guy could save a lot more, but then if he wastes it on two week vacations / romance tours / superficial wife-hunting it's pointless overall. Why make all that money just to pay the daddygov taxes, romance tour organizers, and others who will waste your money while pretending to help you. Number two is more valuable as an stepping stone to wife-hunting. Trying to go 2. ---> wife-hunting is almost certain to fail.

3. Sure, and I'd like to win the lottery. Hope floats. Ideal, but fantasy. Approaching Tsar-levels of fantasy.

4. Much more common these days, but still far from easy. Not entirely unrealistic, but requires the skills of a psychopath and lots of time plus luck.

Good options dwindled a long time ago, so this is what we're down to. Never put all your eggs in one basket, though, over the longer term. Combining 1. and 4. together is probably the best way out of the options given. Or perhaps something like:

Start with 2. (if you can) ---> Stack cash and gradually transition to 1. and begin developing 4. ---> Keep 1. and 4. going and try to increase your earnings from them over a few years ---> Begin wife-hunting seriously and wish for 3. to happen (optional)
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 5749
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:23 am

Re: An article on dating scams in Ukraine

Postby Hero » Thu Dec 24, 2015 11:16 am

pandabear wrote:http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2014/apr/06/ukraine-wife-internet-romance-industry-online-scam

Like I keep saying, you have to be retarded to do business with Anastasiadate.com. Just enjoy the photos but don't give those sleazebags one penny.
Hero
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1680
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:19 pm

Re: An article on dating scams in Ukraine

Postby cbcsurvivalist » Thu Dec 24, 2015 5:24 pm

WorldTraveler wrote:
cbcsurvivalist wrote:
drealm wrote:
cbcsurvivalist wrote:This is is a f***ing waste of money and sure fire way of getting cleaned out. For $5000, go learn Russian or Ukrainian for 3-6 months prior to trip, go buy a roundtrip ticket to said country, pipeline 2 weeks to 2 months to line up dates from language exchange sites or couchsurfing, rent an apartment for 3-4 months there, hit on local women when you arrive, go on your pipelined dates. You don't need to spend thousands paying some bullshit interpreter to translate for you. You can either learn russian yourself which would increase your SMV or just do a language exchange with chicks who speak at least basic conversational English.

Seems to me these guys are just f***ing lazy and don't want to put in any leg work. I bet you like 99.9% of them can't even say "hi, how are you" in Russian. You can easily learn that in 5 f***ing minutes online.

Not sure how much these "socials" cost but you could probably just pay to attend 1-2 if you really wanted to meet a tonne of women all in one go when your already there instead of spending 5k for 1-2 lousy weeks.


Being anywhere 3-4 months requires quitting your job. This works for people who want to jump off a cliff and become an English teacher.

Do you recognize that this is NOT compatible for the average joe who cannot say "f**k it" and go when and where they want?

I will ask you the same question I asked travelsouth. Have you or anyone else you've known actually done the approach your espousing? Or this some bullshit hypothetical plan you've been too f***ing lazy to put leg work into?


Who said you need to quit your job to be anywhere 3-4 months or even longer? Haven't you heard about remote work agreements or telecommuting? Lots of people in tech/consulting do this. Hell if your company has branches in other countries you can request a transfer or something too. Ya sure if your working at your local mcdonalds flipping burgers then this should be the least of your worries, but if you have a number of years of work experience under your belt in an industry where either remote work is possible or you can work at another branch from your company this is definitely possible. Even some blue collar jobs you can do this like in the oil industry. Also with sites like elance/upworks and all those freelance jobs that are available, there is no excuse why you cannot make the switch gradually and specialize in something and eventually quit your job once you have a stable income coming in.

Plenty of people on the roosh v forum have done this. I did a mini version of this during the summer and right now I'm trying to start an online business so that I can make extended stays in other countries. Just because your too f***ing lazy to do anything and instead chose to make excuses doesn't mean others can't do it. look you can either sit their on your a** and bitch and complain about how bad american women are all day and night or you can go do something about it. The choose is yours.

Also your list is missing one more option.

5. Become an entrepreneur and start your own business. Start off part-time and gradually make the shift full time and quit your job.

Go watch that show 90 day fiancée. Some of those guys did exactly as I suggested. Ignore their betaness and lack of game but pay attention rather to how they were able to go abroad for a few months and find a wife.


What kind of businesses do the 90 day fiancée guys have: the guy selling junk on EBay?

Tell me about remote assignments in tech? I want to hear more. Who do you know is actually do it?

You mentioned plenty of people on the Roosh v Forum have done this. Who? A while back I contacted several of these people and not one of them could tell me anything about what they do. Nothing was real. It was nothing more than rich kids trying to sound important.


That guy selling junk on Ebay owns a house with a pool. He's probably better off then 90% of people in the states. There was that guy who married the Colombian. He works for an oil drilling company or something. That's how he met his wife in Colombia.

Programming/graphic design/ web design, etc. If you just spend 5 minutes browsing the jobs on upworks you can see plenty of freelance gigs there.
http://cbcsurvivalguide.com/ Tips and Tricks for the CBC in the 21th century
cbcsurvivalist
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 54
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:49 pm

Re: An article on dating scams in Ukraine

Postby WorldTraveler » Fri Dec 25, 2015 12:58 am

cbcsurvivalist wrote:
WorldTraveler wrote:
cbcsurvivalist wrote:
drealm wrote:
cbcsurvivalist wrote:This is is a f***ing waste of money and sure fire way of getting cleaned out. For $5000, go learn Russian or Ukrainian for 3-6 months prior to trip, go buy a roundtrip ticket to said country, pipeline 2 weeks to 2 months to line up dates from language exchange sites or couchsurfing, rent an apartment for 3-4 months there, hit on local women when you arrive, go on your pipelined dates. You don't need to spend thousands paying some bullshit interpreter to translate for you. You can either learn russian yourself which would increase your SMV or just do a language exchange with chicks who speak at least basic conversational English.

Seems to me these guys are just f***ing lazy and don't want to put in any leg work. I bet you like 99.9% of them can't even say "hi, how are you" in Russian. You can easily learn that in 5 f***ing minutes online.

Not sure how much these "socials" cost but you could probably just pay to attend 1-2 if you really wanted to meet a tonne of women all in one go when your already there instead of spending 5k for 1-2 lousy weeks.


Being anywhere 3-4 months requires quitting your job. This works for people who want to jump off a cliff and become an English teacher.

Do you recognize that this is NOT compatible for the average joe who cannot say "f**k it" and go when and where they want?

I will ask you the same question I asked travelsouth. Have you or anyone else you've known actually done the approach your espousing? Or this some bullshit hypothetical plan you've been too f***ing lazy to put leg work into?


Who said you need to quit your job to be anywhere 3-4 months or even longer? Haven't you heard about remote work agreements or telecommuting? Lots of people in tech/consulting do this. Hell if your company has branches in other countries you can request a transfer or something too. Ya sure if your working at your local mcdonalds flipping burgers then this should be the least of your worries, but if you have a number of years of work experience under your belt in an industry where either remote work is possible or you can work at another branch from your company this is definitely possible. Even some blue collar jobs you can do this like in the oil industry. Also with sites like elance/upworks and all those freelance jobs that are available, there is no excuse why you cannot make the switch gradually and specialize in something and eventually quit your job once you have a stable income coming in.

Plenty of people on the roosh v forum have done this. I did a mini version of this during the summer and right now I'm trying to start an online business so that I can make extended stays in other countries. Just because your too f***ing lazy to do anything and instead chose to make excuses doesn't mean others can't do it. look you can either sit their on your a** and bitch and complain about how bad american women are all day and night or you can go do something about it. The choose is yours.

Also your list is missing one more option.

5. Become an entrepreneur and start your own business. Start off part-time and gradually make the shift full time and quit your job.

Go watch that show 90 day fiancée. Some of those guys did exactly as I suggested. Ignore their betaness and lack of game but pay attention rather to how they were able to go abroad for a few months and find a wife.


What kind of businesses do the 90 day fiancée guys have: the guy selling junk on EBay?

Tell me about remote assignments in tech? I want to hear more. Who do you know is actually do it?

You mentioned plenty of people on the Roosh v Forum have done this. Who? A while back I contacted several of these people and not one of them could tell me anything about what they do. Nothing was real. It was nothing more than rich kids trying to sound important.


That guy selling junk on Ebay owns a house with a pool. He's probably better off then 90% of people in the states. There was that guy who married the Colombian. He works for an oil drilling company or something. That's how he met his wife in Colombia.

Programming/graphic design/ web design, etc. If you just spend 5 minutes browsing the jobs on upworks you can see plenty of freelance gigs there.


The guy selling junk on EBay lives with his father who has the house in Florida. My guess is he's getting some money from his military stint. The guy that married a Columbian is a oil field contractor, that is not an online business. (I've been to Columbia and 99.9% of the girls don't look like his wife. I believe she left him.) I just looked at Upworks. Most of the work seems like short duration and low pay. This may work for some guys who don't have many expenses. Unfortunately most of the high paying jobs are still not freelance gigs. There was another link to a video on this forum to a guy who taught English in Vietnam for $25 for 1 hour 15 mins work a day. He said he could live in a hostel for $20 a day. Unfortunately a guy making $25 a day is not going to attract many cute Vietnamese girls. One thing I've found that is universal worldwide is that girls don't like broke guys. :D

I'd suggest don't get tied down to the "American Dream," then you can escape with less money. I believe that is what Ghost wrote a book about.
WorldTraveler
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 659
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:46 pm

Re: An article on dating scams in Ukraine

Postby Ghost » Fri Dec 25, 2015 5:43 am

Hero wrote:
pandabear wrote:http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2014/apr/06/ukraine-wife-internet-romance-industry-online-scam

Like I keep saying, you have to be retarded to do business with Anastasiadate.com. Just enjoy the photos but don't give those sleazebags one penny.


I'm not going to say anything about their characters, since I haven't used one. I will say this, however: the goal of a business is to make money. And for a business like this it would pay much more to have a steady supply of chumps rather than men finding wives quickly and being happy. A lot of the men going to these are stupid, though. I recall watching a video of a Ukraine wife-hunting tour and most of those guys were in bars drinking, choosing from a line up of women as if they were whores. (Which most of them probably were, but still.) They appeared to have no sense whatsoever. Chumps are good business...I can't exactly blame businesses that try to take advantage of them.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 5749
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:23 am

Re: An article on dating scams in Ukraine

Postby GoingAwol » Wed Dec 30, 2015 11:44 am

I don't really feel sorry for the old guys that go on the romance tours. They are in their 40s,50s,and beyond and think they can get a hot 21 year old who is really attracted to them and aren't in it for money and a green card. How stupid can you be? I think its guys like these idiots that give Russian and Ukrainian women a bad name. If you are a shallow person looking for a Barbie doll you will find shallow women. In my opinion, there are plenty of decent women to be had in Russia and Ukraine. You just have to be smart and realistic about it.
GoingAwol
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 474
Joined: Tue May 26, 2015 10:07 am

Re: An article on dating scams in Ukraine

Postby publicduende » Thu Dec 31, 2015 12:36 pm

GoingAwol wrote:I don't really feel sorry for the old guys that go on the romance tours. They are in their 40s,50s,and beyond and think they can get a hot 21 year old who is really attracted to them and aren't in it for money and a green card. How stupid can you be? I think its guys like these idiots that give Russian and Ukrainian women a bad name. If you are a shallow person looking for a Barbie doll you will find shallow women. In my opinion, there are plenty of decent women to be had in Russia and Ukraine. You just have to be smart and realistic about it.


...and that's why, in the videos you see posted on YouTube or the agency websites, you always see guys who browse the catalogue and choose blonde 21 year olds with alluring smiles, large breasts and figures thin as breadsticks. Then the(very) lucky few who manage to meet somebody, they end up chatting with a chubby, average-looking late 30 to early 40 divorced mother of one or two. In Russian/Eastern European societies divorced women with kids don't get another chance so easily. Same in China and the Philippines, with some notable exceptions. Western men flying over to those places are there to give them that chance.
User avatar
publicduende
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2630
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:20 pm

Previous

Return to Russia, Ukraine, Former Soviet Republics

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot] and 2 guests