Interesting Ukrainian Family Songs

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to Russia, Ukraine, or the former Soviet Republics.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Interesting Ukrainian Family Songs

Post by ladislav »

A pop song in which a granddaughter sings about her love to her grandmother. I never heard anything like this anywhere. It's about "granddaugtherly love". The lyrics go something like:

Tell me a fairy tale grandma
Sing me the old song of yesteryear.
I love you very much.
Time goes by, seasons come and go
The golden autumn knocks on the window
But you beloved grandmother are always young, etc.

And here is another song by a girl expressing her appreciation for her father

It says something like this:

There are many songs glorifying mothers, but not many about fathers.
But we know that without fathers, we wouldn't be here.
I pray to God that you always be young and live a long life
You will always lead us through every step of life
You are handsome and strong, my father.

This is by a daughter whose mother went to work abroad and disappeared there, possibly got trafficked:

These are the lyrics

What irony of fate! A story of a mother who took her suitcase and headed for an unknown land.
Her family is seeing her off, as for forever. Don't ask why, what for and for how long.
How hard it is for us to accept that she can't find a place under the sun in her own land!
Why is she working her life away in somebody else's country? She went to look for better fortune so that her kids would not live in cold or misery.
Ukrainian mother, the savior of the family, lost her freedom in the bitter life abroad.
Wasting herself away in a foreign land while her little kids are pining for her to come back and waiting for any news from her.
The elderly parents are looking out the window in sadness. Dear mommy, come back home. I've been reading the same lines in your letters until it hurts. In so many anxious minutes we would lose faith and hope bur we understood that without mothers we will lose our country, too. What kind of nation are we that we are able to lose such as holy thing as mothers so easily.

A brain is a terrible thing to wash!

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Interesting Ukrainian Family Songs

Post by Jester »

Always inspiring to see a living culture.

Reminds me of the anti-Russian posters you put up a while back. Signs of life.
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."