I signed up on AnastasiaDate

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to Russia, Ukraine, or the former Soviet Republics.
GoingAwol
Junior Poster

I signed up on AnastasiaDate

Post by GoingAwol »

Here are my impressions....
I think most of the women on there are insincere and just want you to spend money talking to them. My inbox has been flooded by women telling me they could love me and they might be my soulmate and all sorts of other nonsense. However, I have received one message from a very pretty Ukrainian girl that seemed more sincere and down to earth. She just asked me to tell her more about myself and told me about herself. I feel like she is just sincerely trying to get to know me and not sucking up like the other ones. I'm seriously considering purchasing credits so I can message her back. That's the only downside! Its expensive to talk to the women on that site.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: I signed up on AnastasiaDate

Post by Jester »

I have no idea of the economics involved, but I applaud your experiment. Why not try and see for yourself, assuming you can easily afford it?

People here will jump on Anastasia for scammers etc, but IMO that's like saying you shouldnt go to clubs because most women there are sluts. Wont work for many men, but could work for some. And all you need is one, if she's a gem.

All the bad stuff can be true, and STILL you can find a diamond in the mud.

Sounds like you have your head on straight and your guard up.
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
GoingAwol
Junior Poster

Post by GoingAwol »

Jester,
I think that just comes with being an American man of my generation. You learn not to trust women. So yes, I do keep my guard up when it comes to women. I have read all sorts of nasty things about AnastasiaDate but decided to try it out anyway. One of the main things I have read is they (AD) sometimes pay these women to sit at the agency and talk to men. The longer they can keep a conversation going the more money AD makes and the more money they can make. I believe this to be true because I see some women that are online all the time but the one that I'm thinking about isn't. And that leads me to believe she might be real. The only possible red flag I have seen with her is that she has in her profile that she wants a "generous" man. According to some HA members Russian and Ukrainian women use that word when they are gold diggers. But everything else seems good in her profile and the message she sent me. I even showed it to my mom and she said she seemed legit. So I guess I'm gonna give her a shot.
Last edited by GoingAwol on June 3rd, 2015, 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

Yeah, go in considering it R&D money, nothing more.
Now if you can share your findings with the rest of us... :mrgreen:
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
GoingAwol
Junior Poster

Post by GoingAwol »

One thing I have read is most of the guys who get scammed are older guys (40+).I'm a 24 year old tall and decent looking white guy so there's probably a better chance that some of the women are legitimately attracted to me and interested in me. I have noticed that all the women that have messaged me have been around my age or younger. And there's quite a few older women on there and none of them have messaged me so maybe that's a good sign.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

droid wrote:
Now if you can share your findings with the rest of us... :mrgreen:

+1 for bald-faced opportunism
:wink:
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
chibolo
Junior Poster

Post by chibolo »

I think AnastasiaDate is a scam site owned by the same people who own AmoLatina (a known scam). I would avoid this site if I were you. These girls are being paid to chat with guys and get them to buy credits.

http://www.planet-love.com/index.php?topic=5461.25

I signed up with them once and before I even uploaded a picture or wrote a description I got like 20 messages. That doesn't happen on a real dating site.

Sites that are more reliable (but still have a number of scammers) are the Cupid sites: http://www.latinamericancupid.com, http://www.ukrainedate.com, http://www.filipinocupid.com, etc.
Bane
Freshman Poster

Post by Bane »

AnastasiaDate is horrible! You know something is up when you want to take something to the next level and the girls "aren't allowed" to give out their personal contact info…. unless you call them for $200 a pop on their site. Never making that mistake again. Their "credits" system is designed to vacuum your money right out of your bank account.
"A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world." -Oscar Wilde

"Invincibility is in oneself, vulnerability is in the opponent" -Sun Tzu
pete98146
Experienced Poster

Post by pete98146 »

Bane wrote:AnastasiaDate is horrible! You know something is up when you want to take something to the next level and the girls "aren't allowed" to give out their personal contact info…. unless you call them for $200 a pop on their site. Never making that mistake again. Their "credits" system is designed to vacuum your money right out of your bank account.
I'm not an expert in the EE dating sites but just be careful of the ones that charge you $10+ to translate every letter. At least with the Filipinas you know they'll speak a modicum of English.
Bane
Freshman Poster

Post by Bane »

Pete,

Ha! Forget charging me $10 to translate… the girls I wrote to had what I would call a "high intermediate" level of English based on our live chats. What got me was when they started trying to tell me that I had to pay $10 just to OPEN an email!
"A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world." -Oscar Wilde

"Invincibility is in oneself, vulnerability is in the opponent" -Sun Tzu
GoingAwol
Junior Poster

Post by GoingAwol »

I'm aware Of some of that stuff. However I do want to try messaging this one girl and see what happens. She seems legit.
pete98146
Experienced Poster

Post by pete98146 »

Bane wrote:Pete,

Ha! Forget charging me $10 to translate… the girls I wrote to had what I would call a "high intermediate" level of English based on our live chats. What got me was when they started trying to tell me that I had to pay $10 just to OPEN an email!
Ouch! Man, I'm in the wrong business...LOL.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

pete98146 wrote:
Bane wrote:Pete,

Ouch! Man, I'm in the wrong business...LOL.
True that. Are you in the Phils?

Immigrant friends of mine from Davao (Filipino husband and wife) urged me to move to Davao and do this stuff. Yes I now there are legal barriers... but they want it and we want it.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on February 21st, 2020, 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hero
Experienced Poster

Post by Hero »

My opinion is that, if something seems to be too good to be true, it probably is. I have a profile on AnastasiaDate, but I never send them money. I'm constantly barraged by messages from gorgeous women in their teens and twenties who look like supermodels. As much as I'd like to believe that I could have a harem like that, it ain't gonna happen.