Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

I signed up on AnastasiaDate

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to Russia, Ukraine, or the former Soviet Republics.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Re: I signed up on AnastasiaDate

Postby Ghost » Sun Jul 12, 2015 3:23 pm

Hero wrote:My opinion is that, if something seems to be too good to be true, it probably is. I have a profile on AnastasiaDate, but I never send them money. I'm constantly barraged by messages from gorgeous women in their teens and twenties who look like supermodels. As much as I'd like to believe that I could have a harem like that, it ain't gonna happen.

Yeah, while on the free Ukrainian dating site, I can hardly get any replies to my messages. But on the paid sites messages are easy to come by. I wonder what it all means? :lol:
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby GoingAwol » Sun Jul 12, 2015 8:54 pm

Ghost wrote:
Hero wrote:My opinion is that, if something seems to be too good to be true, it probably is. I have a profile on AnastasiaDate, but I never send them money. I'm constantly barraged by messages from gorgeous women in their teens and twenties who look like supermodels. As much as I'd like to believe that I could have a harem like that, it ain't gonna happen.

Yeah, while on the free Ukrainian dating site, I can hardly get any replies to my messages. But on the paid sites messages are easy to come by. I wonder what it all means? :lol:

I have signed up on a free site called Russian-dating.com and I'm getting lots of replies to my messages. If I had to guess I'd say atleast 40% of the women I message respond to me. Several have even exchanged contact info with me and seem very interested in me. I'm talking to several in Russia and Ukraine.
GoingAwol
Freshman Poster

Postby Hero » Mon Feb 15, 2016 2:09 am

I just got a message from a 62-year-old woman on Anastasiaweb. I'm only 47. What the hell is she thinking?? What does she think she has to offer? She's almost old enough to be my mom!!!
Hero
Experienced Poster

Postby Ghost » Mon Feb 15, 2016 11:52 pm

I recently found a girl on the Ukrainian dating site I was using before, and this one was actually nice. Sweet messages, beautiful, kept up the conversation we had going, and was very receptive to me. Seemed too good to be true, but there were no red flags. A week goes by and it's great. I even start memorizing some Ukrainian/Russia words to sprinkle into my emails to her.

Then I get an email where she tells me her laptop broke. She doesn't ask me for money though. OK...

After that, she emails me again and says her laptop can't be fixed. So she went to a local romance agency, which could help her stay in contact with me. Ah...

So I check out the site. Free sign up and free messages. But only two free messages. Yup, there's the rub.

Not an overt scammer, but apparently a girl looking for saps to dupe into paying for a "romance service" so she can't get kickbacks from the company. $100 for the best membership that lets you access all the features.

So I'm supposed to believe that a woman in a poor but-not-as-poor-as-countries-I've-been-to-where-women-don't-pull-this-bullshit has no other options than to communicate with me via this expensive romance service? Yeah, right.

White women are a scam. No wonder whites are dying out. Can't even get a date with a white woman without it being some sort of scam.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby gsjackson » Tue Feb 16, 2016 12:38 am

Ghost wrote:I recently found a girl on the Ukrainian dating site I was using before, and this one was actually nice. Sweet messages, beautiful, kept up the conversation we had going, and was very receptive to me. Seemed too good to be true, but there were no red flags. A week goes by and it's great. I even start memorizing some Ukrainian/Russia words to sprinkle into my emails to her.

Then I get an email where she tells me her laptop broke. She doesn't ask me for money though. OK...

After that, she emails me again and says her laptop can't be fixed. So she went to a local romance agency, which could help her stay in contact with me. Ah...

So I check out the site. Free sign up and free messages. But only two free messages. Yup, there's the rub.

Not an overt scammer, but apparently a girl looking for saps to dupe into paying for a "romance service" so she can't get kickbacks from the company. $100 for the best membership that lets you access all the features.

So I'm supposed to believe that a woman in a poor but-not-as-poor-as-countries-I've-been-to-where-women-don't-pull-this-bullshit has no other options than to communicate with me via this expensive romance service? Yeah, right.

White women are a scam. No wonder whites are dying out. Can't even get a date with a white woman without it being some sort of scam.

Obviously there are going to be lots of scammers on the dating sites. That's where the self-announced suckers are, so that's where the predators migrate to. Go to EE or Russia in person, give it your best shot for a few weeks, and then come back with the generalizations. I defy you to go to Poland and not find a sweet young girl.
gsjackson
Experienced Poster

Postby Hero » Tue Feb 16, 2016 12:59 am

gsjackson wrote:Obviously there are going to be lots of scammers on the dating sites. That's where the self-announced suckers are, so that's where the predators migrate to. Go to EE or Russia in person, give it your best shot for a few weeks, and then come back with the generalizations. I defy you to go to Poland and not find a sweet young girl.

It'll take him more than a few weeks to find his dream girl. I'm not going to go abroad again unless I can spend an extended time period there, at least 3 months but hopefully a year. I have $19,000 in cash saved up right now and that will increase to $22,000 in a few weeks when I get my bonus. That should be enough for an epic vacation in the Philippines or Eastern Europe.
Hero
Experienced Poster

Postby Ghost » Tue Feb 16, 2016 5:48 am

Hero wrote:
gsjackson wrote:Obviously there are going to be lots of scammers on the dating sites. That's where the self-announced suckers are, so that's where the predators migrate to. Go to EE or Russia in person, give it your best shot for a few weeks, and then come back with the generalizations. I defy you to go to Poland and not find a sweet young girl.

It'll take him more than a few weeks to find his dream girl. I'm not going to go abroad again unless I can spend an extended time period there, at least 3 months but hopefully a year. I have $19,000 in cash saved up right now and that will increase to $22,000 in a few weeks when I get my bonus. That should be enough for an epic vacation in the Philippines or Eastern Europe.

Yeah, far be it from me to say that dating sites are the winning way - they definitely aren't. What I am seeing though is that there is a cold and calculated MO going on with white women that I simply do not see with, say, Asian scammers. Asian scammers are typically very direct and not very creative when it comes to scamming. A lot of Filipina scammers will ask for money within a few minutes. They are also very bad liars. If they make up a story about why they need money, they can't keep it straight. These white women scammers are apparently very creative and subtle, which to the untrained foreign dater would make them very dangerous. In this case, the girl made up an entire narrative (that she kept straight) so that I would believe she is legit, was subtle enough in that she was sweet but not too sweet and mentioned her "problems" but didn't ask for money in order to reel me in, then gave it a week to build it up until she finally executed the trap by moving things to the romance agency site. That's a level of cleverness and effort that I simply do not see from Asians.

White women. If you're "lucky" enough to get one, you could have smart kids. But, damn, those kids may not be yours and your smart kids may be smart in the same ways that psychopaths are smart.

I suppose white women being held up as the standard of beauty helps them pull it off too, and there are far fewer girls. I don't imagine any of these white women are getting married and having babies because they want to, unlike, say, Asians. They figure, 'why not just play up my beauty, scam some suckers, and get some handbags.' If they can't pull that off, THEN they'll seek out a sucker...I mean, husband.

That juice just ain't worth the squeeze.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby GoingAwol » Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:40 am

Ghost,
I wasn't on AnastasiaDate long when I found Russian-Dating.Com.... It's completely free and there's no bullshit. I have talked to lots of nice girls there, The only bad thing I can say is I had a few who openly asked me for money like you said Filipinas and other Asian women will do. I would recommend Russian-Dating.Com to any man wanting to meet Russian and/or Ukrainian women... Again, it is completely free. You won't pay a cent to use it. And the good thing is the girls will want to talk on skype, viber, or whatsapp if they like you. Using these apps allows you to talk to them on the phone or text/IM for free. I wish I had known about this stuff before I spent 40 dollars on AnastasiaDate.
GoingAwol
Freshman Poster

Postby MatureDJ » Tue Sep 06, 2016 10:35 pm

I was in Sumy. Ukraine, and met a Canadian man that had written about 200 letters to a woman there. (!) He finally came to visit, and his woman didn't seem all that interested in spending time with him.
MatureDJ
Freshman Poster

Previous

Return to Russia, Ukraine, Former Soviet Republics