Black people in Ukraine - A story of integration

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to Russia, Ukraine, or the former Soviet Republics.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Black people in Ukraine - A story of integration

Post by ladislav »

Black people in Ukraine are different from the ones in the Americas ( descendants of slaves) or in Europe (people from African ex-colonies looking for a better life). In Ukraine, by and large, they are students and the children of students. They had to pass exams and get cleared for visas.

They arrived on scholarships from mostly West African countries because it was very easy and cheap to study in UA/USSR. Back in the Soviet times, some of them had relations with local women and left mixed children behind.

Their integration has been painful, but they have succeeded by and large. They did so by not resorting to Black Power and by not teaching their culture to the locals. They did so by trying to integrate and assimilate and support the country.

Initially, the attitude of most locals to them was that of fear and shunning ( kind of the way many Asians view foreigners). There were also some robberies and violence against them. The police did not care about them much. Things were not as bad as in Russia, but also not terribly good.

The skinhead movement came from the West and raged for a while in the 1990ies. The harassed blacks, Tatars, Gypsies and other dark skinned people.

Then, Amnesty international got involved ( as well as other NGO's) and pushed the government to jail the skinheads.

Reluctantly at first, they began catching them and giving them prison sentences. Ukraine has a law against hate crime ( or rather fomenting inter-ethnic hatred and animosity) and they began enforcing it after many visits by NGOs and EU leaders.

Hate crime went down. But the blacks were still shunned socially, by and large. Some people were nice to them, but not most. Night clubs in many cities would still not let them in. They had hard time making friends.

The response by Africans was not to leave, but to stay and to come in even bigger numbers-- and to go native. They started dressing up in Ukrainian ethnic clothes, supporting all kinds of Ukrainian ethnic events and parades and singing Ukrainian songs at social functions. They became fluent in the local language ( which even many Ukrainians cannot speak well).

One African even applied to be accepted into a Cossack regiment.

Now, they hit the soft spot. The Ukrainians, whose culture and language had been repressed for centuries were amazed. The Cossack regiment accepted the African into its ranks with disbelief. They never expected someone like that to apply.

The overall social response was of huge surprise, and then, admiration and applause. They started inviting such Africans onto TV shows and broadcasting the message: "Look at them- they are supporting and respecting our culture- they are the only ones ( and it was true)" in the world who do that. The admiration spread to the mixed kids, and they were now treated much better.

Images of black people on TV dressed in embroidered shirts singing traditional songs endeared the public so much that doors began to open. Plus, time also played a role. People started getting used to them and seeing that they were, basically, alright. These Africans were mostly people who were just studying. They were not immigrants expecting handouts.

Now, these black people were becoming part of the landscape.

The final blow to anti black prejudice was that during the events of the past year and a half, the black people supported Ukraine. The message now was- "any black is worth more respect and is better than a Russian. These learn our language ( which the Russians almost never do); they support and respect our culture ( which the Russians also almost never do, either).

When I was in Dnipropetrovsk, I saw black people walking together with local Slavs, all chatting and laughing. Things are definitely looking up for them there. Mixed kids are also being treated better and better. The term Afro-Ukrainian has been coined.

A Nigerian opened up a church and began preaching. He attracted a huge following.

Integration is never a smooth process, and there's plenty of work still to be done, but they are definitely over the hump now.

Last edited by ladislav on July 2nd, 2015, 3:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Black people in Ukraine- a story of integration

Post by Cornfed »

ladislav wrote:The skinhead movement came from the West and raged for a while in the 1990ies. Then, Amnesty international got involved ( as well as other NGO's) and pushed the government to jail the skinheads.
Reluctantly at first, they began catching them and giving them prison sentences. Ukraine has a law against hate crime ( or rather fomenting inter-ethnic hatred and animosity) and they began enforcing it after many visits by NGOs and EU leaders.
So the Jews/banksters are managing to turn another white society to shit. :x
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

It was the Ukrainian government which invited such students to UA. It was between African countries and UA. No Jews were involved.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

ladislav wrote:It was the Ukrainian government which invited such students to UA. It was between African countries and UA. No Jews were involved.
The Jews etc. are behind the EU and NGOs, and probably the Ukrainian government.
Banano
Veteran Poster

Post by Banano »

These black dudes stand out like a sore thumb.
Wht people mean by integration?

I prefer ethniclly clean countries that have distinct culture and people instead of let everyone breed with each other. If I were a jew I would be advocating multiculturalism too, its the best and safest enviroment for them.

How about we force israel to take on all these sudanese and syrian refugees.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

African students had been invited by the UA government back in the 1990's. There were almost no Jews in it.

It was not the Jews who had brought millions of Turks into Germany, nor millions of Arabs into France, nor Pakistanis, Chinese and West Indians into the UK.

I am sure that it made them happy in some cases, but it was opportunism more than conspiracy. Actually, the Arab immigration into France is making the Jews very uncomfortable.

UA is not taking in refugees, she is taking in paying students. And these are customers and guests and they should be protected. Amnesty International is Jewish, you say? Any proof of that?

Ukraine was never an ethnically clean society, anyway. Its core is Cossackdom - and anyone could be a Cossack.

Many, in fact, were converted Jews. Turks, Mongolian-looking people and a huge mixture of other ethnicities composed it. Most people were still of Aryan stock, but that is because Ukraine is arguably where Aryans originated. And Scythians who were there centuries ago were of Iranic origin. Ukraine is not Poland or Korea where people are ethnically pure.

Black people there are Africans who are contributing to society in many ways. Their skin color is immaterial now, their attitude is.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

The first black soldier ( volunteer) in the Ukrainian army:

He's sporting a Cossack haircut. He was actually born in UA.

Here's a video about him:

This is a news program from the front titled "Strong in spirit". Translation:

The announcer is saying:

Quote: He was a simple waiter, but now they call him a "NATO soldier". He has a Cossack cut and a Ukrainian soul.

He, with other soldiers of the 72nd brigade is defending what is dear to him. He went as a volunteer tired of seeing how the Eastern neighbor is occupying the territory of his native country. He says that watching the war on TV is one thing, but going to the front is another.

So, something inside of him said "Go" and he went in spite of his friends trying to talk him out of it. The local people thought he was from some NATO country at first. That's how he got his nickname. Now , he is a celebrity and everyone is inviting him to come over for a visit.

He will continue defending the borders of his motherland and is not planning on leaving ( until the war is over). End quote.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

ladislav wrote:It was not the Jews who had brought millions of Turks into Germany
Yes it was. The solution to the supposed German problem of soaking up the German breeding stock by bringing in lots of mostly male immigrants and encouraging marriage between them and German females while discouraging marriage and breeding between German couples was specifically proposed by Jewish American sociologists during WWII, subsequently carried out and then repeated in all Germanic countries.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

Cornfed.

Your sources?
BlackKnight
Junior Poster

Post by BlackKnight »

Cornfed wrote:
ladislav wrote:It was not the Jews who had brought millions of Turks into Germany
Yes it was. The solution to the supposed German problem of soaking up the German breeding stock by bringing in lots of mostly male immigrants and encouraging marriage between them and German females while discouraging marriage and breeding between German couples was specifically proposed by Jewish American sociologists during WWII, subsequently carried out and then repeated in all Germanic countries.
I believe this was a good idea. In the early twentieth century, Carleton Coon argued that the Caucasoid race is of dual origin consisting of Upper Paleolithic (mixture of H. sapiens and H. neanderthalensis). Germanic people have since been found to have a lot more Neanderthal DNA than other groups making them quite violent and primitive. Neandertals were untimely eradicate by modern humans from Africa

http://news.sciencemag.org/archaeology/ ... eandertals

However, a few genes don't make for a different human population. Due to the mobility of human populations, Germanic people of 800 years ago were bred out from increased gene flow between human populations all over the world. And yes, this will increase the population frequency of Neanderthal genes in sub-Saharan Africa.

http://www.newscientist.com/article/mg2 ... tility.htm

:)
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Post by chanta76 »

ladislav,

I never been to the Ukraine but I think any time there is immigration as long as it is in reasonable numbers the native people might tolerate it. . But this reminds me of what is happening to USA and also UK with rising immigration in those countries both legal and illegal.. Right now I think the African wants to be welcome so they accommodate the Ukraine people but later once they get comfortable I think it's when the African or any other immigrants that go there would want to add their own unique culture and identity to that country. So I think in the future it might change for good or bad...

I'm really curious if there is a soccer match between Ukraine and some African country what the African people will cheer for? Ukraine or the African team.
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

ladislav wrote:It was the Ukrainian government which invited such students to UA. It was between African countries and UA. No Jews were involved.
...and thank goodness. Chicago and NYC/NJ/CT/PA are already ruined by them. I cannot forget Los Angeles ("Hollyweird") and the rest of the U.S. of Gay. Their women were & are the spearheads of US-styled feminism. Mel Gibson was right.
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

Banano wrote:These black dudes stand out like a sore thumb.
Wht people mean by integration?

I prefer ethniclly clean countries that have distinct culture and people instead of let everyone breed with each other. If I were a jew I would be advocating multiculturalism too, its the best and safest enviroment for them.

How about we force israel to take on all these sudanese and syrian refugees.
Taking out most of the Aboriginals wasn't enough for your peoples to do?
f***ing Asianphile lover. There's nothing wrong with preferring Asian wome, but not when you contradict yourself. You want Asian women yet you want ethnically-cleansed societies. GTFOH. A lot of you Anglo-White men cherish Asian women because they are your "not quite White, but they have high IQs and are skinny like little narrow-hipped boyish" concubines.
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Post by chanta76 »

E Irizarry R&B Singer ,

It's white male privilege in action here. They just want all the benefit .
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Black people in Ukraine - A story of integration

Post by Winston »

Ladislav's follow up observations on Blacks in Ukraine:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/happier ... 761387919/

"My opinion about being black in Ukraine in 2016.

https://www.kyivpost.com/media/images/2 ... al_big.png

After the revolution, I feel that the situation for black people in Ukraine has changed for the better. A lot. The reason is there are now many of them all over the place and their attitude was to try and integrate and earn their place in the country.

20 years ago, the attitude towards them was not that great. Now, it is different. They are part of the landscape.
The attitude of the African blacks here was: do not run away, get to know the people and get them to know you.

Even here, in Lviv which is a traditionally ultra-right city in a very ultra right region, things are getting better. I see mixed couples. There are US GI's - many black walking around. looking happy and the locals treat them with smiles and hug and shake their hands.

Also, Ukraine does not attract poor or uneducated black people. They must prove that they are eligible for visas and have the means and the education to be here. The same can be said about any other foreigner here. These are people who have own money or education.

Also, the ethnic Russian population here is no longer actively racist since there are not that many of them left- most stayed in the Crimea and Donbass.

Both the African and the American blacks are now a common site. So, you guys who are HA members, do not be afraid to come over. And if you encounter some obstacles here, don't freak out

When you come, look at how the locals act and imitate them.. Respect and support the country. Teach English or something. Help the army, go to the orphanages and entertain the kids.

And remember that you are Americans first to these people."
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne