Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to Russia, Ukraine, or the former Soviet Republics.
5 posts • Page 1 of 1
Hi all, back again after quite some time away from this forum.
Anyway, been reading some things online that seemed to point me to Poland, and I had some questions for those who can speak from experience:
1) Can you get by without knowing Polish?
2) How did you meet women if you don't know the language? Some online source? Or in person?
3) How common is English there among women under 30?
4) Realistically, how much time would a guy in his early 30's need to spend to meet a quality woman?
5) On average, how does the typical Polish woman under 30 view sex? Is it casual for them, like in the West?
6) On average, how do they view marriage? With apprehension? With high hopes? They enter it on a whim? Or are they guided by longer-term perspectives?
7) What are their financial habits like?
In all my reading, I've never run across the phrase "Polish gold digger" so it seems they are for the most part genuine and honest. I get the vibe that family life and social attitudes there are similar to the way they were in the US before the baby boomers came of age. Is that a fair assessment?
It seems they would assimilate without difficulty into Anglo society - with that, there's the obvious risk that they would adopt modernistic habits and perspectives, in which case you'd be back to square one (or worse).
I've not been there, but there are lots of Poles in Britain. They seem the least crazy of the Eastern Europeans, but that's not saying much.
There were lots of Poles in Berlin. One night I got off the S-Bahn near my hotel and found some Poles feeling their way along the station wall - there is heavy drinking then there is Eastern European heavy drinking.
An English guy I used to work with went to live in Poland and he's been there a while. He loves it. There are very few Westerners there so he is a rare commodity.
See http://travelwhiz.org this websitr site is too limited.
5 posts • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest