The problem with slavic women

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to Russia, Ukraine, or the former Soviet Republics.
GoingAwol
Junior Poster

Re: The problem with slavic women

Post by GoingAwol »

drealm wrote:
GoingAwol wrote:Image
Thank you.

I don't have a strong opinion on the woman. But the guy seems above average. What you call chubby looks to me more like a body builder physique. He has a wide face but no jaw line. His shoulders are broad and his hands are huge compared to hers. Also he's mildly dressed up and has a stylish haircut with fancy lines on it.
You're not seeing what i'm seeing because you're not trying to put yourself into the mind of an American woman. A guy evaluates guys looks by how masculine they look. This guy does have a very masculine look and that's why you rate him as above average looking. But if an American woman were to look at him she would think "Not a pretty boy... next". This guy definitely doesn't have the pretty boy looks that American women find attractive and my guess is he wouldn't be able to get a woman that attractive in America,in fact I would put money on it. I have a similar look to him, but i'm much taller, and I can't get women here in the states. When I started talking to Russian women some of them said I was handsome and I didn't believe them because American women never call me handsome. I even had one call me "brutal" and at first I thought she was insulting me but she explained what she meant and said "I mean you look like real man. very handsome". My point is what Russian women find attractive seems to be vastly different from what American women find attractive. If you are an average looking guy that gets rejected by American women for not being a pretty boy I think you can do ok in Russia.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

drealm
Junior Poster

Post by drealm »

GoingAwol wrote:
drealm wrote:
GoingAwol wrote:Image
Thank you.

I don't have a strong opinion on the woman. But the guy seems above average. What you call chubby looks to me more like a body builder physique. He has a wide face but no jaw line. His shoulders are broad and his hands are huge compared to hers. Also he's mildly dressed up and has a stylish haircut with fancy lines on it.
You're not seeing what i'm seeing because you're not trying to put yourself into the mind of an American woman. A guy evaluates guys looks by how masculine they look. This guy does have a very masculine look and that's why you rate him as above average looking. But if an American woman were to look at him she would think "Not a pretty boy... next". This guy definitely doesn't have the pretty boy looks that American women find attractive and my guess is he wouldn't be able to get a woman that attractive in America,in fact I would put money on it. I have a similar look to him, but i'm much taller, and I can't get women here in the states. When I started talking to Russian women some of them said I was handsome and I didn't believe them because American women never call me handsome. I even had one call me "brutal" and at first I thought she was insulting me but she explained what she meant and said "I mean you look like real man. very handsome". My point is what Russian women find attractive seems to be vastly different from what American women find attractive. If you are an average looking guy that gets rejected by American women for not being a pretty boy I think you can do ok in Russia.
So I take if you get rejected in the USA but don't look overtly "masculine" or "brutal" you're f***ed in both places for some inexplicable reason?
GoingAwol
Junior Poster

Post by GoingAwol »

No, i'm saying if a guy is halfway decent looking and isn't really fat I think he can do ok in Russia. Most guys are not pretty and you will not be expected to be pretty by women in Russia as far as I can tell.
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

GoingAwol wrote:
drealm wrote:
GoingAwol wrote:I don't see how people have so many problems with Russian women. I have an account on VK (Russian version of facebook basically) and I see tons of average and below average looking guys on there with pretty women. As far as I can tell an average looking white guy can do very well in Russia and Ukraine. And TEFL jobs in Russia pay about double the average monthly salary or more. So if a guy can get a decent TEFL gig there he shouldn't have a problem getting women.
Could you post a picture or screenshois type of pairing? I'm curious what you consider an "average" guy and a "pretty" woman.
Your wish is granted. Look at the guy in the picture in the post below this one. He is not very tall and is more or less average looking in my opinion and he looks like he is a bit chubby. Now, as far as the woman goes some of you might not find her attractive, but I do. You may disagree with me on her attractiveness, but I think we can all agree that she would be out of his league if they were Americans. I have seen better examples than this, but this is the only one I thought to save for such purposes.
Thank you, great input. She is pretty cute and definitely marriage material, lookswise. Notice how the guy is not even a 1" taller that her. That guy would have much lesser
chances in America that's for sure.
My only experience has been in Slovakia though, but yeah there's so many beatiful, IN SHAPE women, that most guys do Ok from what I saw. And yeah I was holding hands and kissing a girl within two hours of arriving. There's actually women that are LOOKING for a guy.
Fortunately most chumps are afraid of the slavic languages, so those places won't get invaded soon.
Last edited by droid on December 26th, 2015, 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

drealm wrote:So I take if you get rejected in the USA but don't look overtly "masculine" or "brutal" you're f***ed in both places for some inexplicable reason?
Too pessimistic man. You need to get on an airplane.
GoingAwol
Junior Poster

Post by GoingAwol »

droid wrote:
GoingAwol wrote:
drealm wrote:
GoingAwol wrote:I don't see how people have so many problems with Russian women. I have an account on VK (Russian version of facebook basically) and I see tons of average and below average looking guys on there with pretty women. As far as I can tell an average looking white guy can do very well in Russia and Ukraine. And TEFL jobs in Russia pay about double the average monthly salary or more. So if a guy can get a decent TEFL gig there he shouldn't have a problem getting women.
Could you post a picture or screenshois type of pairing? I'm curious what you consider an "average" guy and a "pretty" woman.
Your wish is granted. Look at the guy in the picture in the post below this one. He is not very tall and is more or less average looking in my opinion and he looks like he is a bit chubby. Now, as far as the woman goes some of you might not find her attractive, but I do. You may disagree with me on her attractiveness, but I think we can all agree that she would be out of his league if they were Americans. I have seen better examples than this, but this is the only one I thought to save for such purposes.
Thank you, great input. She is pretty cute and definitely marriage material, lookswise. Notice how the guy is not even a 1" taller that her. That guy would have much lesser
chances in America that's for sure.
My only experience has been in Slovakia though, but yeah there's so many beatiful, IN SHAPE women, that most guys do Ok from what I saw. And yeah I was holding hands and kissing a girl within two hours of arriving. There's actually women that are LOOKING for a guy.
Fortunately most chumps are afraid of the slavic languages, so those places won't get invaded soon.
Russian girls are definitely a possibility for men that are looking for foreign women. They have been receptive to me and i'm nothing special looks wise. I've got a cute one right now that skypes with me every day and it seems like she really likes me. She sent me a picture of herself fresh out of bed with no make-up on just yesterday and she still looked cute as hell, you can't say that about most American women. Also, this girl is marriage minded , she says her parents have been married 30+ years and she wants that too. She has also said that she is not interested in leaving in Russia, so she isn't a visa whore who wants to use me to come to America and ditch me once she gets here. So if I want to be with her i'll have to move there. There are quality women like that in Russia, because I have interacted with several of them.
Wolfeye
Experienced Poster

Post by Wolfeye »

Yeah, it seems Slavic & Latin chicks like ruggedity. American chicks seem to get spooked by it or think that they guy is "bad" for whatever cliche reason- yet, when they get all kinds of mind games played on them by guys that look mildly like they do, this never sinks in as a trend.

Same deal with going for the shiniest object in the room (likely it's around some guy's neck) & presuming that everything else would be lined-up right. Don't they realize that someone can just be LOOKING like they have money? They spend what little of it they have on rims instead of rent at a better place (maybe with hot AND cold water), then the chick SEES this when she goes back to his place, then doesn't put it together- even though she made a deduction based on his fuckin' jewelry!
GoingAwol
Junior Poster

Post by GoingAwol »

Wolfeye wrote:Yeah, it seems Slavic & Latin chicks like ruggedity. American chicks seem to get spooked by it or think that they guy is "bad" for whatever cliche reason- yet, when they get all kinds of mind games played on them by guys that look mildly like they do, this never sinks in as a trend.

Same deal with going for the shiniest object in the room (likely it's around some guy's neck) & presuming that everything else would be lined-up right. Don't they realize that someone can just be LOOKING like they have money? They spend what little of it they have on rims instead of rent at a better place (maybe with hot AND cold water), then the chick SEES this when she goes back to his place, then doesn't put it together- even though she made a deduction based on his fuckin' jewelry!
American women are stupid when it comes to men. A good example of this is their attitude towards men who fall in love too quickly. I have heard countless American women say that men who express feelings too quickly are unattractive. My own mother said this! She said women need "mystery" for atleast a few months to fall for a man. What these women fail to realize is they are screwing themselves over because men fall in love quickly! And if they don't they aren't in love with you and never will be, period. All the guys I know who have fallen in love and wanted to be committed to a girl knew it very quickly. Being decisive and knowing what you want is a masculine trait. Being indecisive is a feminine trait, but that's what women want! You have to play bullshit games to get American women and most decent men probably aren't going to have the patience to deal with that crap. And American women wonder why they get pumped and dumped! Shaking my head... :roll:
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

Wolfeye wrote:They spend what little of it they have on rims instead of rent at a better place (maybe with hot AND cold water), then the chick SEES this when she goes back to his place, then doesn't put it together- even though she made a deduction based on his fuckin' jewelry!
+1
I hate the way you write but this was spot on.
I've seen it with my own eyes, guy spends his small check in new Mustang lease and tattoos as an investment
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

As far as I can tell, the positive side of Slavic culture is that the men are still manly there and they are still in charge. Women must fall in line there. That is the advantage. The women themselves are not all that great, as you may soon find out.
A good man is above pettiness. He is better than that.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

GoingAwol wrote:
Wolfeye wrote:Yeah, it seems Slavic & Latin chicks like ruggedity. American chicks seem to get spooked by it or think that they guy is "bad" for whatever cliche reason- yet, when they get all kinds of mind games played on them by guys that look mildly like they do, this never sinks in as a trend.

American women are stupid when it comes to men. A good example of this is their attitude towards men who fall in love too quickly. I have heard countless American women say that men who express feelings too quickly are unattractive. My own mother said this! She said women need "mystery" for atleast a few months to fall for a man. What these women fail to realize is they are screwing themselves over because men fall in love quickly! And if they don't they aren't in love with you and never will be, period. All the guys I know who have fallen in love and wanted to be committed to a girl knew it very quickly. Being decisive and knowing what you want is a masculine trait. Being indecisive is a feminine trait, but that's what women want! You have to play bullshit games to get American women and most decent men probably aren't going to have the patience to deal with that crap. And American women wonder why they get pumped and dumped! Shaking my head... :roll:
There's just one thing missing though. Your mother is right, but she is using the wrong word. You are using the correct word but applying it to the wrong situation. Falling in love quickly is feminine and submissive. It also signals lack of options with other women, meaning that you don't have other women waiting around for you, or in other words, the man may be desperate. Pushing too hard too fast is feminine behavior. As the man, you are supposed to play it cool, as if you could get another one just like her in an instant snap of your fingers. Women want the man that every other woman wants, and when you start to beg for a relationship, it signals some terrible things to a woman. One of those things may be that you are desperate and an ineffective leader. A leader doesnt beg his subject to become his subject. His subject volunteers to become his subject because she is impressed by him, not because he asked her. Why would a king ask his subject if he is worthy? It is the subject who must be qualified by her king. It is a gross violation of gender roles (cause we have been lied to).

Everyone will tell you that men chase women. They are wrong. It is women who pursue men. Let the women do the pursuing. Sit back and watch. Because there is nothing that can happen without the woman deciding she wants to pursue the man first. There are two things that the man has to initiate which a woman can not. Those are the initial meeting and sex (after you are married, just need to say that so we don't misinterpret this as me advocating fornication). Women will usually not initiate either one of those. But practically anything else should be initiated by the woman. You'll feel more secure that she wants you when she is the one who chases you.

Oh I know this gives pain to the animal inside each man, but that is the way I have found things to work from what I remember of the women I have been with. They do pursue men. They just don't label it that way. And just as much as men claim they love the chase, well women really love the chase (to chase men). That is what your mother is talking about.
A good man is above pettiness. He is better than that.
GoingAwol
Junior Poster

Post by GoingAwol »

Adama wrote:
GoingAwol wrote:

There's just one thing missing though. Your mother is right, but she is using the wrong word. You are using the correct word but applying it to the wrong situation. Falling in love quickly is feminine and submissive. It also signals lack of options with other women, meaning that you don't have other women waiting around for you, or in other words, the man may be desperate. Pushing too hard too fast is feminine behavior. As the man, you are supposed to play it cool, as if you could get another one just like her in an instant snap of your fingers. Women want the man that every other woman wants, and when you start to beg for a relationship, it signals some terrible things to a woman. One of those things may be that you are desperate and an ineffective leader. A leader doesnt beg his subject to become his subject. His subject volunteers to become his subject because she is impressed by him, not because he asked her. Why would a king ask his subject if he is worthy? It is the subject who must be qualified by her king. It is a gross violation of gender roles (cause we have been lied to).

Everyone will tell you that men chase women. They are wrong. It is women who pursue men. Let the women do the pursuing. Sit back and watch. Because there is nothing that can happen without the woman deciding she wants to pursue the man first. There are two things that the man has to initiate which a woman can not. Those are the initial meeting and sex (after you are married, just need to say that so we don't misinterpret this as me advocating fornication). Women will usually not initiate either one of those. But practically anything else should be initiated by the woman. You'll feel more secure that she wants you when she is the one who chases you.

Oh I know this gives pain to the animal inside each man, but that is the way I have found things to work from what I remember of the women I have been with. They do pursue men. They just don't label it that way. And just as much as men claim they love the chase, well women really love the chase (to chase men). That is what your mother is talking about.
Adama,
I have to disagree with you. Women are pretty damn lazy when it comes to initiating anything with a man. At best they might initiate a text conversation with you every once in awhile, but that's pretty much it. This has been my experience with American and foreign women (so far). My Russian girl will initiate conversations once in a blue, but most of the time she will get online and wait for me to message her. I think if you see women making any effort whatsoever its a big deal because they just dont do that.
Wolfeye
Experienced Poster

Post by Wolfeye »

I think there's a lot of "damned if you do & damned if you don't" situations with women. If she's direct, it's all kinds of bullshit. If she's not being direct, she's playing games. Personally, I always liked when the chick made the first move- that way, I knew whether or not to bother.

Also, I see it as kind of gay for a man to be throwing little roadblocks into the equation with women like that- like hitting the gas & the brakes at the same time. It's something that seems a lot of women (understandably) get confused by this- because it doesn't make sense. To be wanting to sleep with a woman AND thinking she's a whore if she actually does sleep with you is ridiculous. Lots of pain in the ass "regulations" with dating in the US.
sentinel89
Freshman Poster

Post by sentinel89 »

That guy doesn't look masculine.. he's softer than a pancake
sentinel89
Freshman Poster

Post by sentinel89 »

Wolfeye wrote:I think there's a lot of "damned if you do & damned if you don't" situations with women. If she's direct, it's all kinds of bullshit. If she's not being direct, she's playing games. Personally, I always liked when the chick made the first move- that way, I knew whether or not to bother.

Also, I see it as kind of gay for a man to be throwing little roadblocks into the equation with women like that- like hitting the gas & the brakes at the same time. It's something that seems a lot of women (understandably) get confused by this- because it doesn't make sense. To be wanting to sleep with a woman AND thinking she's a whore if she actually does sleep with you is ridiculous. Lots of pain in the a** "regulations" with dating in the US.
It used to be a common understanding that women would at least give a hint to a man that it was okay to approach. Just a simple smile, or intentionally dropping something right next to him to see if he would help her pick it up (this would be white knighting beta male behavior in today's age) was her subtle way of letting a man know he should approach. Nowadays I think social interactions are much more complex, with both sexes trying to "test" each other, you never really know what to expect or do. If you helped a woman pick her books up now she's probably just look at you like you're a desperate piece of crap, so it would be better to tease her for it today. It's interesting. There's no way my dad or either of my grandfathers were PUA masters, but they all managed to mate with above average women.