My dream Ukranian wife

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to Russia, Ukraine, or the former Soviet Republics.
HA1729
Freshman Poster

My dream Ukranian wife

Post by HA1729 »

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bj5Mp31nZlA[/youtube]

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTWzXzFRSAw[/youtube]

Of course, I don't stand a chance with her, but in my dream world, I'm married to her.
Voyager1
Experienced Poster

Re: My dream Ukranian wife

Post by Voyager1 »

She's a good piano player.
Last edited by Voyager1 on December 23rd, 2016, 6:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
HA1729
Freshman Poster

Post by HA1729 »

I know that I don't have a chance with her - I was just fantasizing. And I know that there are more attractive women in Ukraine, but she makes up for it with her awesome piano playing. Unless her piano playing is below average in Ukraine, and if that is the case, then I really need to visit Ukraine soon.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

HA1729 wrote:I know that I don't have a chance with her - I was just fantasizing. And I know that there are more attractive women in Ukraine, but she makes up for it with her awesome piano playing. Unless her piano playing is below average in Ukraine, and if that is the case, then I really need to visit Ukraine soon.
Probably in her audience there are many Ukrainian women like her. Specifically other Ukrainian female pianists who might admire her.
gravity25x
Freshman Poster

Post by gravity25x »

The ability to do things like this is much more common outside America/Western Europe. There seems to be something that we miss when we grow up in the west. Reading, philosophy, playing instruments very well, is quite common in the former USSR. I'm sitting in my apartment in Tbilisi writing this. Often during the evening, there is someone playing piano. She (I assume it is a girl, but who knows?) plays very well, but doesn't play difficult pieces like the ones in the youtube videos you showed us. Your dream might be much more easily attainable than you think lol.

I was reading a book by a Dr. Weston Price. He mentioned that in his travels he saw that the more "primitive" societies had a "soul" and "goodness" to them that more "civilized" societies lacked. His research was mainly regarding nutrition (or the lack thereof) and its effect upon people, whether physical or mental. Some people have theorized that our processed foods and long food-supply-chains could be why we aren't seeing nearly as many great composers, artists (etc) anymore; the finer points of human ability (composing, for example) seem to deteriorate first, (as opposed to something vital, like the neurons that control breathing) which makes sense from a survival standpoint. It's a rather interesting book, but a very long read: Nutrition and physical degeneration.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

There are plenty of her look alikes there and they often know how to play the piano.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

ladislav wrote:There are plenty of her look alikes there and they often know how to play the piano.
They can play with my organ any time! :P
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."