Crimea Before the Occupation

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to Russia, Ukraine, or the former Soviet Republics.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Crimea Before the Occupation

Post by ladislav »

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOgCXo9RDY0[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaSXfayii_U[/youtube]

This is all gone now. The festival city has been burnt down. All this has moved to Odessa. Although no large scale fun is taking place there now.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USeMgKgWhdQ[/youtube]
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Crimea Before the Occupation

Post by gsjackson »

Looks like somebody's having fun in that last video, which was filmed after the "occupation," (which, of course, was supported by 96 percent of the population of Crimea). Keep us apprised of all the good times in the rest of Ukraine.

And who burned down the festival city?
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

I am not privy to the details of the burning, but no such large scale festivals are taking place in Crimea as the place is considered under occupation by the UN. The Russians also don't like drug, sex and rave festivals on what they see as their territory.

96 % is the Russian number.

The UN and its int'l courts are the authority that decides if something like this occupation/referendum under the muzzles of the Russian guns is legal or illegal. Ukraine also blacklists anyone who goes to the Crimea, thus if one goes there, one cannot visit Ukraine again. EU and Turkish ships are not allowed to dock in there. US ships also cannot dock in. This put a damper on the festivals big time.

The last video is about Odessa, not the Crimea.
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

ladislav wrote:I am not privy to the details of the burning, but no such large scale festivals are taking place in Crimea as the place is considered under occupation by the UN. The Russians also don't like drug, sex and rave festivals on what they see as their territory.

96 % is the Russian number.

The UN and its int'l courts are the authority that decides if something like this occupation/referendum under the muzzles of the Russian guns is legal or illegal. Ukraine also blacklists anyone who goes to the Crimea, thus if one goes there, one cannot visit Ukraine again. EU and Turkish ships are not allowed to dock in there. US ships also cannot dock in. This put a damper on the festivals big time.

The last video is about Odessa, not the Crimea.
My bad on Odessa.

If the festival village was burned down by anyone but the disgraceful junta government in Kiev, or their surrogate oligarch/warlords, I will be very surprised.

Note that not a shot was fired from the muzzles of those Russian guns, in rather stark contrast to the various U.S. invasions and occupations. Shock and awe, baby, that's what we do.

Everyone paying attention knows about the propaganda war being fought over Ukraine between Russia and the U.S. and its surrogates, one of which is the U.N. So its disingenuous to cast U.N. positions as anything but another sally in that war. Makes it seem like an effort to propagandize those who aren't paying attention.

As for the joyously liberated Ukraine, the only two Ukrainians I have communicated with recently have said that things have just gotten worse and worse over the last three years. I know, it's Putin's fault, though Ukrainians might want to consider the possibility that eating all that GMO food -- immediately imposed upon the country after the 2014 coup -- is putting a damper on people's outlook, as it has here.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

We have no proof of who had burned down the village, but, regardless, Russia makes it very hard for anyone to visit and/or have fun there. Visas ( which are expensive, take a long time and can be refused easily), police registration and arbitrary police checks on the street make Russia a non desirable place for most. Plus, its image in the world is dark and cruel. Few countries like Russia.

Shots were fired and people were killed. Contrary to what Putin is saying. He lies a lot.

The indigenous people of Crimea are Tatars. They were deported and Russians were trained in. No one asked the Tatars if they want to be part of the RF.

Russia had signed numerous treaties recognizing UA's borders and territorial inviolability. It broke all of them.

The UN being the right hand of the US is arguable. However it may be, its courts deemed the annexation of Crimea as illegal and the world goes by that.

Ukraine has taken a beating, that's for sure, but it's very cheap to live there. Rents, food, transportation are all priced as in India. Also, the shadow (off the books) economy is huge. GMO food, dunno. Most food in UA is grown locally. Most people eat local food which they grow in/on their gardens/farms.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

ladislav wrote:The Russians also don't like drug, sex and rave festivals on what they see as their territory.
You mean that once a territory is liberated from Zionist occupation that lots of degeneracy is brought to an end? Well then, this should inspire us to liberate the whole world.
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

Tatars currently are 10.6 percent of the population of Crimea, Russian ethnics 68 percent. Tatars had the opportunity to vote in the referendum, just like everyone else.

So what is the correct percentage voting for Russian annexation in the internationally supervised referendum, if the official tally is not correct? And how do you know that? How do you know that shots were fired from Russian guns, and how many people were killed? You're the first I've heard of to report this.

It certainly stands to reason that Russian ethnics in Crimea and the Donbass would be frightened of a virulently anti-Russian junta government that immediately outlawed the Russian language, and prefer rejoining the country they had been part of for centuries. At least they were fortunate to avoid the crackdown in places like Kharkov and Odessa, where that monster oligarch Kolomoisky burned alive more than 80 Russian ethnics.

Did the UN similarly condemn the United States and NATO when we ripped Kosovo out of Serbia under virtually the same circumstances, because we needed the location for CIA drug and gun running, as well as its natural resources? Talk to some Serbs and you will hear things never mentioned in the media, like Hillary Clinton's ownership interest in a Kosovo factory.

If memory serves of your biography, as a boy you went from a sense of social isolation and stratification in Ukraine to some warm friendships and egalitarian spirit in Russia. If that's so, then it isn't a "dark and cruel" place in your memory. Nor was it when you commended Moscow to us as the promised land for single men in search of women. The only place I've ever seen the country depicted as dark and cruel is in western propaganda put out by the War Party. In any case, I'll see for myself in a couple of months. First time visiting.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

I don't have enough facts and figures to continue this argument. The point is basically, there will be no more such wild parties in Crimea. It used to be wild though.
Russia "socially speaking" is not a dark and cruel place. The people are very nice. However, the laws are very dictatorial, and punishments are very cruel. There is also a lot of criminality there. As far as dating women and the quality of women, absolutely, it is superior. But it is hard to get visas to Russia Anyway, try living there and we'll compare notes. I like Russia socially and romantically speaking, though.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

ladislav wrote:I don't have enough facts and figures to continue this argument. The point is basically, there will be no more such wild parties in Crimea. It used to be wild though.
Russia "socially speaking" is not a dark and cruel place. The people are very nice. However, the laws are very dictatorial, and punishments are very cruel. There is also a lot of criminality there. As far as dating women and the quality of women, absolutely, it is superior. But it is hard to get visas to Russia Anyway, try living there and we'll compare notes. I like Russia socially and romantically speaking, though.
I have been to Russia and speak Russian at a somewhat decent level. I do believe Russia is dark and cruel in many ways, but overall better than the West in terms of women and family life.

Russians are often intolerant of going against the social grain. Violence can accompany doing that, especially in regard to foreigners. Anti-Americanism is rampant now due to the government media propaganda and extremist groups are still a constant threat. LGBT is dealt with harshly, and crimes against foreigners is not infrequent.

Russian Cossacks whipping the girls of p***y Riot (not that they did not bring it on themselves) is an example. Also, the brutality of fighting in Russia is shocking. Americans tend to box, grapple, and manhandle. Russians destroy an opponent in ways that amaze me.

I much prefer Ukraine and the Caucasus to Russia in terms of street safety and the like.
MatureDJ
Junior Poster

Post by MatureDJ »

ladislav wrote:I don't have enough facts and figures to continue this argument. The point is basically, there will be no more such wild parties in Crimea. It used to be wild though.
It's been a piece of cake for me. I could see it being a bit more difficult for someone born in the USSR. I only stay in St. Pete & Sochi, and both cities seem very welcoming of foreigners.