Where to go in Russia?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to Russia, Ukraine, or the former Soviet Republics.
Kradmelder
Experienced Poster

Re: Where to go in Russia?

Post by Kradmelder »

fschmidt wrote:For a society be successful, its people must be religious nonmorons. The West is nonreligious morons, the worst case. I don't know if black Africa is religious but they are morons. Muslims and Hindus are religious but are morons. The Chinese, Koreans, and Japanese are nonmorons but are not religious. That seems to leave Russia as the only society with any hope.

So I would like to visit Russia to see if its people are religious nonmorons. I would go this summer with my family for about 5 days. The obvious choices are Moscow and Saint Petersburg. Where should I go? And any other suggestions are welcome.

If you want to get a feel for a place avoid the big cities. Too much global culture in them. Get out and meet the locals not contaminated by globalisation.

When my son is older, I want to buy bikes in Germany and ride across Russia and Siberia to the Pacific. All by dirt roads and avoiding Moscow and Kiev. Rather go to smaller cities, towns and scenic places.