Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Monday nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE AFA Seminar! See locations and dates here.



View Active Topics       View Your Posts       Latest 100 Topics       FAQ Topics       Mobile Friendly Theme


Summer in S. Ukraine

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to Russia, Ukraine, or the former Soviet Republics.

Moderators: fschmidt, jamesbond

Post Reply
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 3623
Joined: September 6th, 2007, 7:30 pm

Summer in S. Ukraine

Post by ladislav » May 6th, 2017, 1:46 am

These are pictures of life in Odessa in the summer. 29 pages of very pretty pictures, buildings, landscapes, people, etc.

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1451009
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!

User avatar
starchild5
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2172
Joined: December 20th, 2013, 11:32 am

Re: Summer in S. Ukraine

Post by starchild5 » May 6th, 2017, 2:54 am

Sorry but all Jewropean cities are LAME.

You have seen one, you have seen it all.

All architecture are Victorian era. Nothing is New.

I just did a random search in Google just now and see if you can spot any difference. :D

Odessa Street

Image

Kiev Street

Image

Berlin Street

Image

Paris Street

Image

London Street

Image

Zurich Street

Image

Moscow Street

Image

-----------------------

I really took the time on this one, because most Europeans are suffering from Amnesia and are too egoist to admit their cities suck and are freemasonic in design.

Europe is nothing like they show on Movies. I almost died visiting the Hype called Europe.

Every freaking city in Europe looks the city you visited last and its freaking expensive and cold.

------------------------

I personally feel Bangkok is the best city in the world.

To all Asians...Do not waste your money visiting Jewrope...You mostly see old people anyways, you might as well visit pattaya to see old white people :D :D

gsjackson
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2211
Joined: June 12th, 2010, 3:08 pm
Location: New Orleans, LA USA
Contact:

Re: Summer in S. Ukraine

Post by gsjackson » May 6th, 2017, 5:35 am

I just spent a week in Kiev. The architecture in the city center is mostly Stalinist (c1933-55), and is quite striking.

Though it is very cheap right now and good looking women are thick on the ground, Ukraine is outside my comfort zone because it is so hard to get by in English. Getting any sort of useful information was a real challenge. Eating healthy was also a problem, as the supply of fruits and vegetables in the markets was bad. Their fields are overrun with GMO seeds now -- imposed by the U.S. immediately after the 2014 coup.

I was happy to get out. Russian speakers, such as Ladislav and Contrarian Expatriate, probably have a different experience of it.

ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 3623
Joined: September 6th, 2007, 7:30 pm

Re: Summer in S. Ukraine

Post by ladislav » May 7th, 2017, 9:41 pm

Odessa and Kiev look older, smaller and poorer than the other cities.
Moscow looks kind of weird. Not clear where one is.
Hey, to each his own. I personally find Bangkok and Manila unattractive. The architecture is nothing to speak of. The European cities have nice buildings each one telling a story of sorts. Very aesthetically pleasing.
Again , whatever jerks one's chain.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!

User avatar
starchild5
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2172
Joined: December 20th, 2013, 11:32 am

Re: Summer in S. Ukraine

Post by starchild5 » May 8th, 2017, 2:19 am

gsjackson wrote:I just spent a week in Kiev. The architecture in the city center is mostly Stalinist (c1933-55), and is quite striking.

Though it is very cheap right now and good looking women are thick on the ground, Ukraine is outside my comfort zone because it is so hard to get by in English. Getting any sort of useful information was a real challenge. Eating healthy was also a problem, as the supply of fruits and vegetables in the markets was bad. Their fields are overrun with GMO seeds now -- imposed by the U.S. immediately after the 2014 coup.

I was happy to get out. Russian speakers, such as Ladislav and Contrarian Expatriate, probably have a different experience of it.
Yeah, this GMO sh*t is killing humanity. Its worse in Philippines. I will make a seperate thread on it as its quite shocking.

Thanks for letting me know. I didn't know GMO is this bad in Ukraine as well because looking at the cost of living and they allowing free visa on arrival for Indians, I was looking for go there.

No matter how many beautiful women u have and cheap the place is, forcing them to eat GM food is sure shot way to hell.

Now, we know the reason for Orange Revolution

UKRAINE OPENS UP FOR MONSANTO, LAND GRABS AND GMOS

https://www.gmogone.org/ukraine-opens-m ... rabs-gmos/

Hidden from mainstream media exposure, the World Bank and IMF loan has opened up Ukraine to major corporate inroads, writes Joyce Nelson. Loan conditions are forcing the deeply indebted country to open up to GMO crops, and lift the ban on private sector land ownership. US corporations are jubilant at the ‘goldmine’ that awaits them.

Finally, a little-known aspect of the crisis in Ukraine is receiving some international attention.

The California-based Oakland Institute recently released a report revealing that the World Bank and the International Monetary Fund (IMF), under terms of their $17 billion loan to Ukraine, would open that country to genetically-modified (GM) crops and genetically-modified organisms (GMOs) in agriculture.

The report is entitled ‘Walking on the West Side: the World Bank and the IMF in the Ukraine Conflict‘.

In late 2013, the then president of Ukraine, Viktor Yanukovych, rejected a European Union association agreement tied to the $17 billion IMF loan, whose terms are only now being revealed.

Instead, Yanukovych chose a Russian aid package worth $15 billion plus a discount on Russian natural gas. His decision was a major factor in the ensuing deadly protests that led to his ouster from office in February 2014 and the ongoing crisis.

Contrarian Expatriate
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2584
Joined: December 3rd, 2009, 6:57 am

Re: Summer in S. Ukraine

Post by Contrarian Expatriate » May 8th, 2017, 5:15 am

gsjackson wrote:I just spent a week in Kiev. The architecture in the city center is mostly Stalinist (c1933-55), and is quite striking.

Though it is very cheap right now and good looking women are thick on the ground, Ukraine is outside my comfort zone because it is so hard to get by in English. Getting any sort of useful information was a real challenge. Eating healthy was also a problem, as the supply of fruits and vegetables in the markets was bad. Their fields are overrun with GMO seeds now -- imposed by the U.S. immediately after the 2014 coup.

I was happy to get out. Russian speakers, such as Ladislav and Contrarian Expatriate, probably have a different experience of it.
It is funny that you mentioned Russian. I try to use Russian-ONLY and I have a difficult time because people want to speak to me in English all the time, even when I speak to them in Russian. Granted, most of my time is spent in the tourist and downtown areas, but I am disappointed when I cannot get my real-life Russian practice in. Seems like I only get Russian-only with taxi drivers and Uber drivers, that is some of my best Russian usage.

I guess I don't look like a Russian speaker so English is the default language for foreigners I guess.

They younger the people, and the closer their jobs are to the city center, the more English they speak. That is what I have figured out.

Ya oichen rad bwitb za granitsai, vne Ameriki, ta strashnaya strana c strashnimi zhenshinami. Ya govariu "Za Ukrainu, maya novaia strana!!!"

ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 3623
Joined: September 6th, 2007, 7:30 pm

Re: Summer in S. Ukraine

Post by ladislav » May 9th, 2017, 1:12 am

That's "moyu novuju stranu" Accusative case.

Ukraine tried to get rid of Russian, but it's about as easy as getting Ireland to get rid of English. They are doing it in phases though and hoping to ease it out and replace it with English over a couple of generations. The reason they see language as paramount to true independence is because Russians view any country where Slavic people speak Russian as "part of the Russian world".

I have the same problem in Asia where they respond in English.

You just need to go and live in a smaller town, but there, their Russian may be even more accented than yours.

The way I see it, Ukraine is not for everyone. Not everyone likes it. Even I prefer the Philippines to it. But often I want to get out and enjoy some great food and architecture and see European people on the streets everywhere.

In the meantime, here is black music in Russian from Ukraine:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmXmNE5pyvk[/youtube]

This one in Ukrainian:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9PSQDMa6go[/youtube]
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!

Wolfeye
Experienced Poster
Posts: 1355
Joined: December 29th, 2013, 7:18 am

Re: Summer in S. Ukraine

Post by Wolfeye » May 9th, 2017, 6:08 am

Do you still need a visa to go to Ukraine? I heard there's visa-free travel with the EU, so I assumed that it was the same if you could go to the EU without a visa.

gsjackson
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2211
Joined: June 12th, 2010, 3:08 pm
Location: New Orleans, LA USA
Contact:

Re: Summer in S. Ukraine

Post by gsjackson » May 9th, 2017, 10:03 am

No visa needed to go to Ukraine.

gsjackson
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2211
Joined: June 12th, 2010, 3:08 pm
Location: New Orleans, LA USA
Contact:

Re: Summer in S. Ukraine

Post by gsjackson » May 9th, 2017, 10:08 am

starchild5 wrote:
gsjackson wrote:I just spent a week in Kiev. The architecture in the city center is mostly Stalinist (c1933-55), and is quite striking.

Though it is very cheap right now and good looking women are thick on the ground, Ukraine is outside my comfort zone because it is so hard to get by in English. Getting any sort of useful information was a real challenge. Eating healthy was also a problem, as the supply of fruits and vegetables in the markets was bad. Their fields are overrun with GMO seeds now -- imposed by the U.S. immediately after the 2014 coup.

I was happy to get out. Russian speakers, such as Ladislav and Contrarian Expatriate, probably have a different experience of it.
Yeah, this GMO sh*t is killing humanity. Its worse in Philippines. I will make a seperate thread on it as its quite shocking.

Thanks for letting me know. I didn't know GMO is this bad in Ukraine as well because looking at the cost of living and they allowing free visa on arrival for Indians, I was looking for go there.

No matter how many beautiful women u have and cheap the place is, forcing them to eat GM food is sure shot way to hell.

Now, we know the reason for Orange Revolution

UKRAINE OPENS UP FOR MONSANTO, LAND GRABS AND GMOS

https://www.gmogone.org/ukraine-opens-m ... rabs-gmos/

Hidden from mainstream media exposure, the World Bank and IMF loan has opened up Ukraine to major corporate inroads, writes Joyce Nelson. Loan conditions are forcing the deeply indebted country to open up to GMO crops, and lift the ban on private sector land ownership. US corporations are jubilant at the ‘goldmine’ that awaits them.

Finally, a little-known aspect of the crisis in Ukraine is receiving some international attention.

The California-based Oakland Institute recently released a report revealing that the World Bank and the International Monetary Fund (IMF), under terms of their $17 billion loan to Ukraine, would open that country to genetically-modified (GM) crops and genetically-modified organisms (GMOs) in agriculture.

The report is entitled ‘Walking on the West Side: the World Bank and the IMF in the Ukraine Conflict‘.

In late 2013, the then president of Ukraine, Viktor Yanukovych, rejected a European Union association agreement tied to the $17 billion IMF loan, whose terms are only now being revealed.

Instead, Yanukovych chose a Russian aid package worth $15 billion plus a discount on Russian natural gas. His decision was a major factor in the ensuing deadly protests that led to his ouster from office in February 2014 and the ongoing crisis.
Yep, that was the whole point of the 2014 coup, as it is for all the CIA's regime changes -- opening up the natural resources of the country to plunder by western corps. Monsanto and friends were champing at the bit to get at "the bread basket of Europe." Now the fields are rotten.

ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 3623
Joined: September 6th, 2007, 7:30 pm

Re: Summer in S. Ukraine

Post by ladislav » May 10th, 2017, 4:17 am

Wolfeye wrote:Do you still need a visa to go to Ukraine? I heard there's visa-free travel with the EU, so I assumed that it was the same if you could go to the EU without a visa.
No visa. Just walk in. Not even a disembarkation card to fill out. Totally free.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!

User avatar
Ava777
Freshman Poster
Posts: 6
Joined: July 8th, 2018, 7:43 pm

Re: Summer in S. Ukraine

Post by Ava777 » July 19th, 2018, 2:16 pm

I haven't been to many Ukrainian cities, but in y opinion, there is always something to see in every corner in the world. I like Ukrainian people they are usually kind and hospitable.

User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
Posts: 27594
Joined: August 18th, 2007, 2:16 pm
Contact:

Re: Summer in S. Ukraine

Post by Winston » July 27th, 2018, 1:11 am

starchild5 wrote:
May 6th, 2017, 2:54 am
Sorry but all Jewropean cities are LAME.

You have seen one, you have seen it all.

All architecture are Victorian era. Nothing is New.

-----------------------

I really took the time on this one, because most Europeans are suffering from Amnesia and are too egoist to admit their cities suck and are freemasonic in design.

Europe is nothing like they show on Movies. I almost died visiting the Hype called Europe.

Every freaking city in Europe looks the city you visited last and its freaking expensive and cold.

------------------------

I personally feel Bangkok is the best city in the world.

To all Asians...Do not waste your money visiting Jewrope...You mostly see old people anyways, you might as well visit pattaya to see old white people :D :D
I disagree strongly. Bangkok is nice and the most fun place in Asia. But European architecture is stimulating and soulful and creative and food for my soul. I FEEL GOOD in it. I connect with it. It reminds me of my past lives and awakens my romantic passionate nature. Sure it may all be similar and "seen one seen them all", but it's sure better than the architecture in Asia which is ugly and drab. And better than American suburbs and strip malls. And if you are a history buff or museum buff, Europe is a paradise for that.

Also the people are soulful too, so you never feel lonely, even when you're alone. It's not true that it's mostly old people. There are young and old. And the young girls and women will stop and talk to you if you call out to them or say "Excuse me miss". In contrast, Chinese women don't like talking to strangers and feel creepy about it. Taiwanese are even worse because they are self-hating and miserable and cold creatures. They are like mini-black holes, when you are around them, you cannot say "Hi how are you" with a loud or confident voice, because they suck out your confidence, self esteem and spirit. So you can never speak confidently around them, and if you say hi, your hi will be weak and timid, because they destroy all confidence and are very toxic. But no one has the guts to talk about it or they blame themselves. But in Europe, people are not mini black holes like Taiwan. They are confident and soulful. You can say hi to them loud and clear.

The food is natural and healthy too. No GMOs. Also not all of Europe is expensive. You can go to Eastern Europe and it won't be. Lithuania and Latvia are fairly inexpensive for example, yet you still get European style comforts and cultures and friendly women who are not afraid to talk to strangers.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Ukrainian/Russian Women Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

Margo
Freshman Poster
Posts: 3
Joined: September 18th, 2018, 12:08 pm
Contact:

Re: Summer in S. Ukraine

Post by Margo » September 18th, 2018, 12:33 pm

Ukraine is really intresting and beautiful country, with lots of places to visit.
When i visited this country for the 1st time, it was Euro 2012. It was really amazing.
There a lot of cheerfull and polite people there.

User avatar
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 3068
Joined: April 3rd, 2014, 6:05 am
Location: Tokyo, JAPAN
Contact:

Re: Summer in S. Ukraine

Post by Yohan » September 18th, 2018, 4:18 pm

Wolfeye wrote:
May 9th, 2017, 6:08 am
Do you still need a visa to go to Ukraine? I heard there's visa-free travel with the EU, so I assumed that it was the same if you could go to the EU without a visa.
https://mfa.gov.ua/en/consular-affairs/ ... foreigners

A list of all countries and easy to check who needs a visa and who not.

Citizens of many countries are now free to visit Ukraine up to 90 days - no visa required, but not all.

I was surprised to see that Singapore, Malaysian and Thai nationals need a visa for Ukraine, I have no idea why.
Also citizens of some Latin American countries need visa, like Mexico, Colombia, Ecuador, Peru, Uruguay...

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Russia, Ukraine, Former Soviet Republics”