Traveling to Russia in September

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to Russia, Ukraine, or the former Soviet Republics.
rainbanz
Freshman Poster

Traveling to Russia in September

Post by rainbanz »

Hello ya'll, and to you Mr. Winston!

I'm traveling to Tyumen Russia on September, and I'm staying for 14 days. I need somebody to give me an advice about the city, and people.
How and Where to meet single female in Tyumen area?

Just to tell about myself:

- I'm 30 years old, single from St Petersburg FL.
- I was born and raised in the Philippines and moved to U.S since 2006.
- I'm currently seeking a Russian female for a LTR (Long Term Relationship).
- Besides Filipina, I have a huge preference to white female.

As we all know that social and dating life in America sucks, I'm making a huge step towards knowing Russia in terms of people, places, food and culture.

I greatly appreciate your time reading and answering this topic.

Take care!

Rain

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Traveling to Russia in September

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

My advice to you would be to go to Kiev instead of Tyumen. Tyumen which is essentially Southern Siberia, will be colder than you anticipate in September. You might find that this impacts your ability to get out and socialize.

Also, Ukrainians are not Anti-American nor as anti foreigner as Russians.

Third, if you do not speak Russian, good luck meeting girls out and about. This is a big thing. Russia is not an easy place. I have been there and I speak Russian. Ukraine wins every time.

Have you considered Kaliningrad which is Russian territory near Germany? I might opt for that if I were you.

However, if you still have your heart set on Tyumen, good luck and be safe.
Last edited by Contrarian Expatriate on July 24th, 2017, 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rainbanz
Freshman Poster

Post by rainbanz »

The problem is, that I've already set a plane ticket and hotel in Tyumen, and I could ended up paying more if I change or cancel the flight. I supposed to see a female on that area, and if things didn't worked out, then I should see another female from Yekaterinburg, so all I have to do is take a train from Tyumen.

Language barrier will be my top concern in Russia, since I don't read, write and speak Russian. I may also need internet on smartphone too, since there's an translator app anywhere you go.

I'm considering to visit the whole South and Eastern Europe, specially the Kaliningrad, Ukraine, Poland, Balkan, etc.

I think we all should travel 2-3 times a year to any countries and see whats out there (^_^)

Thank you so much Contrarian Expatriate, for your travel advice!
johnexplo
Freshman Poster

Post by johnexplo »

ohh, you missed out chance to enjoy White Nights Festival In Russia, it is in mid-­May to mid-­Jul and because of the high demand, usually tickets are sold out several weeks or even months before the performance date.
urdream
Freshman Poster

Post by urdream »

Hi,

Any update from your trip. I live in Tampa, FL