How to find English speaking taxis in Ukraine?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to Russia, Ukraine, or the former Soviet Republics.
snede
Freshman Poster

How to find English speaking taxis in Ukraine?

Post by snede »

Since I'm planning another trip to Ukraine next spring, I would like to be able to find English speaking taxis.

Doing a search online I found some in Kyiv and Odessa, but I'm interested in some of the smaller cities like Mykolaiv, Kherson and Kharkiv. The only things I've found for them has been taxi or private car from Kyiv or Odessa.

Uber has some presence in Ukraine, but not universal. Is there a better service that has a workable English language interface in their app and enough drivers to be practical?

What are the other good options? Given the taxi rates in the cities, even paying double is fine with me if I get really good service?

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

SteveUKR
Freshman Poster

Re: How to find English speaking taxis in Ukraine?

Post by SteveUKR »

You can also try Uklon which has an English interface, but really don't go to a country and expect them to speak your language. Learn a little Russian, enough to negotiate with taxis, give them the address you're going to, etc.
Jonny Law
Experienced Poster

Post by Jonny Law »

:shock: Why not use your f***ing smart phone?
When you go oversees. Just use Google Maps (or whatever) and show the retarded f***ing cab driver where to go (yes all over the world cab drivers are retarded, you cannot become a cab driver without being retarded)

ANSWER NO!
:twisted: You will not find a cab driver in the Ukraine who speaks English. You cannot even find a cab driver in America that Speaks English.
SteveUKR
Freshman Poster

Post by SteveUKR »

The best way is to use Uber or Uklon or to ask the hotel you're staying at to call a taxi for you. Restaurants and clubs will also call a taxi for you.
Last edited by SteveUKR on November 24th, 2017, 1:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

Find the young taxi drivers as they are the most apt to speak English.

Get a set of phone numbers and use them on a per call basis.

UBER is very cheap and less scam prone so use that where you can..... No need to speak the language. I use UBER all over the world.
snede
Freshman Poster

Post by snede »

From my research, Uber seems to have rather limited coverage in Ukraine. Maybe it will improve in the next few months.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

snede wrote:
November 23rd, 2017, 7:18 pm
From my research, Uber seems to have rather limited coverage in Ukraine. Maybe it will improve in the next few months.
I forgot, Yandex.ru has an Uber-like taxi call service that is popular in Ukraine and you can get it in English. I use it all over the former Soviet Union for taxi orders when no Uber taxis are around.