Winston Wu on Russia National TV News! (Video)

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to Russia, Ukraine, or the former Soviet Republics.
Winston
Site Admin

Winston Wu on Russia National TV News! (Video)

Post by Winston »

Coming Soon! Winston Wu on Russia National TV News!

Hi folks,
I've finally gotten around to putting together the video clips of me on Russia national TV news back in 2004 - when I became famous and recognized in the whole country for a while - for you all to see. I been meaning to do this for years but never got around to it. As you all know, modern life is just too hectic and distracting to keep up with. I'm almost done at this point and will be uploading it soon to YouTube, with slides and text to explain what's going on in each clip. Stay tuned!
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Winston
Site Admin

Re: Winston Wu on Russia National TV News! (Video)

Post by Winston »

Ok it's ready now! Here it is finally!

National TV news story about Winston Wu in Russia in November 2004. See story and explanation in the slides of the video. As mentioned in the video, here is the full story of what actually happened, which I wrote right after the event:
http://www.happierabroad.com/The_Cherep ... ssault.htm

Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

Winston wrote:
December 11th, 2017, 4:58 pm
Ok it's ready now! Here it is finally!

National TV news story about Winston Wu in Russia in November 2004. See story and explanation in the slides of the video. As mentioned in the video, here is the full story of what actually happened, which I wrote right after the event:
http://www.happierabroad.com/The_Cherep ... ssault.htm

Winston, that girl in the pink shirt was your girlfriend? How long was she your gf for? Did she ever give you any attitude or refuse to do anything that you ask? Besides the being filmed part, which is understandable.
A good man is above pettiness. He is better than that.
Misko_Varesanovic
Freshman Poster

Post by Misko_Varesanovic »

Wonderful clip! Your translator is very charismatic - reminiscent of girls in Macedonia.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Adama wrote:
December 12th, 2017, 8:20 am
Winston, that girl in the pink shirt was your girlfriend? How long was she your gf for? Did she ever give you any attitude or refuse to do anything that you ask? Besides the being filmed part, which is understandable.
Yes and no. She pretended to be my girlfriend. But mostly used me. Yeah she was cold and didn't want to do anything I asked. I didn't understand her motive. I only liked her for her looks and because I never had a blonde gf before. We got engaged and I even filled out the paperwork. I knew it wasn't going to last. I was just along for the ride. She was probably scamming me all along. I only got laid a few times by her, but she was reluctant and wasn't good. I guess she never really liked me so it gave her a license to treat me like shit. That's how many Russian girls think. The whole story is in my journals if you want to read them.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Misko_Varesanovic wrote:
December 12th, 2017, 10:24 am
Wonderful clip! Your translator is very charismatic - reminiscent of girls in Macedonia.
Everyone thinks she's hot for some reason. Lyuba. I think she looks a bit like Marilyn Monroe, but I'm not a fan of Monroe. lol. Last I heard she wants to get out of Russia and is looking for a foreign boyfriend, if you're interested. She has a thing for black guys too she told me.

Misko_Varesanovic
Freshman Poster

Post by Misko_Varesanovic »

Winston wrote:
December 12th, 2017, 2:34 pm
Misko_Varesanovic wrote:
December 12th, 2017, 10:24 am
Everyone thinks she's hot for some reason. Lyuba. I think she looks a bit like Marilyn Monroe, but I'm not a fan of Monroe. lol. Last I heard she wants to get out of Russia and is looking for a foreign boyfriend, if you're interested. She has a thing for black guys too she told me.
Honoured for the heads-up, man! Beyond basic attractiveness, it's probably the whole personal warmth thing - it really comes across in the video. Also, it's very impressive that she translated for you during your moment of need. Shows great character.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

Winston wrote:
December 12th, 2017, 2:33 pm
Adama wrote:
Yes and no. She pretended to be my girlfriend. But mostly used me. Yeah she was cold and didn't want to do anything I asked. I didn't understand her motive. I only liked her for her looks and because I never had a blonde gf before. We got engaged and I even filled out the paperwork. I knew it wasn't going to last. I was just along for the ride. She was probably scamming me all along. I only got laid a few times by her, but she was reluctant and wasn't good. I guess she never really liked me so it gave her a license to treat me like shit. That's how many Russian girls think. The whole story is in my journals if you want to read them.
Link?
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Adama wrote:
December 16th, 2017, 11:44 am
Winston wrote:
Adama wrote:
Link?
http://www.happierabroad.com/RussiaStory2002.pdf

http://www.happierabroad.com/RussiaJournals2002.doc

http://www.happierabroad.com/RussiaJournals2003.doc

Man With a Plan
Freshman Poster

Post by Man With a Plan »

Bwahaha! You got SLID, Winston.
BACK IN IT! || Happier Abroad Discord Server now open!

Knowledge Seeker | Sleeping Revolutionary | Lone Wolf
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

Winston wrote:
December 16th, 2017, 5:42 pm
Adama wrote:
December 16th, 2017, 11:44 am
Winston wrote:
Adama wrote:
Link?
http://www.happierabroad.com/RussiaStory2002.pdf

http://www.happierabroad.com/RussiaJournals2002.doc

http://www.happierabroad.com/RussiaJournals2003.doc

Hi, Winston. Hey, I don't mean to sound lazy or unappreciative, but I am just wondering if you can tell me which page number. I will search for "marriage" though. How many will that bring up? What's her name?
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Adama wrote:
December 18th, 2017, 3:56 pm
Hi, Winston. Hey, I don't mean to sound lazy or unappreciative, but I am just wondering if you can tell me which page number. I will search for "marriage" though. How many will that bring up? What's her name?
The story is all over because I jump around from town to town. Just search the terms "Katya" or find chapters with that name in the title. Her name is Katya. So just search that on those journals and updates.

I gotta warn you though, some of the stuff in there is very blood boiling.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

@hypermak and @Spencer:

Here's another interesting thing to consider, and another reason why I may fit in Eastern Europe better. In Russia and Eastern Europe, not only did I get attention from girls naturally with my personality/charisma/vibe, but I also got media attention as well. For instance, look at the top of this thread and see the story about me on Russia National TV News. After that, everyone in Russia knew who I was for one week or so. lol.

In addition, in Lithuania, a magazine writer also did a story about me too. Here are the pages in her article about me below. They include some photos of me too.

https://www.happierabroad.com/Winston_magazine1.jpg

https://www.happierabroad.com/Winston_magazine2.jpg

https://www.happierabroad.com/Winston_magazine3.jpg

https://www.happierabroad.com/Winston_magazine4.jpg

There are four pages above. Click each link to see each page. What this means of course, is that I seem to have a KNACK for getting attention in Russia/Eastern Europe. I seem to be considered INTERESTING and NEWSWORTHY there.

In contrast, I never get any attention at all by the media in the USA or Taiwan. Zero. I'm totally ignored like I don't exist and am not interesting to anyone at all. Whether it's girls or the media, I'm nonexistent here in Taiwan and USA.

You see the big difference? What this means is that maybe in Eastern Europe/Russia I'm more in my ELEMENT? And thus, I attract more things there, such as girls, attention, drama, events, interesting stories, etc. So I'm never bored there, because when you are in your element, things always happen naturally, with the flow. Don't you agree?

So this may be a sign and indication that I am more in my element in Eastern Europe and Russia right? What do you think? The evidence above, such as the magazine page and TV news story about me, are an indication of that, right?

hypermak
Experienced Poster

Post by hypermak »

Winston wrote:
July 23rd, 2020, 11:43 am
@hypermak and @Spencer:

Here's another interesting thing to consider, and another reason why I may fit in Eastern Europe better. In Russia and Eastern Europe, not only did I get attention from girls naturally with my personality/charisma/vibe, but I also got media attention as well. For instance, look at the top of this thread and see the story about me on Russia National TV News. After that, everyone in Russia knew who I was for one week or so. lol.

In addition, in Lithuania, a magazine writer also did a story about me too. Here are the pages in her article about me below. They include some photos of me too.

https://www.happierabroad.com/Winston_magazine1.jpg

https://www.happierabroad.com/Winston_magazine2.jpg

https://www.happierabroad.com/Winston_magazine3.jpg

https://www.happierabroad.com/Winston_magazine4.jpg

There are four pages above. Click each link to see each page. What this means of course, is that I seem to have a KNACK for getting attention in Russia/Eastern Europe. I seem to be considered INTERESTING and NEWSWORTHY there.

In contrast, I never get any attention at all by the media in the USA or Taiwan. Zero. I'm totally ignored like I don't exist and am not interesting to anyone at all. Whether it's girls or the media, I'm nonexistent here in Taiwan and USA.

You see the big difference? What this means is that maybe in Eastern Europe/Russia I'm more in my ELEMENT? And thus, I attract more things there, such as girls, attention, drama, events, interesting stories, etc. So I'm never bored there, because when you are in your element, things always happen naturally, with the flow. Don't you agree?

So this may be a sign and indication that I am more in my element in Eastern Europe and Russia right? What do you think? The evidence above, such as the magazine page and TV news story about me, are an indication of that, right?
What do you expect me to say here, @Winston? I am sorry for what happened to you in Russia. You got mugged and beat up but I am happy the local police solved your case quickly and returned your stuff. I am also glad that you got, and enjoyed, some time in the spotlight.

I can imagine that an American young man, travelling alone to a second (or third) tier Russian city in 2004 might have been newsworthy. I just wish you had been in the news on a more upbeat story. Well, notoriety is notoriety no matter what! :)

Well done on the Lithuanian magazine story, I believe that was a bona-fide interview about your travels across Russia and the Baltic states?

To reconnect to my reply to the other thread about being happy (or happier) in Europe, I think it's all about the context of your trip. If you have short trips across different cities and you hang out with fellow tourists and perhaps some tourist-friendly locals met along the way, you can and will get similar experiences.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

The point is hypermak that i attract attention in Russia. I dont get ignored or feel bored like in Taiwan or USA. If i had gotten mugged in the US or Taiwan the media would not do a story on me. They simply don't care about my existence. And alternative media when they interview me feel my words are too taboo to air usually. Do you see my point? My point os that when you are in your element you get more attention and things happen more, even bad things sometimes. Its all an indication that youre in your element and have energy/friction with your environment. Do you get what i mean?