Official Russia Thread

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to Russia, Ukraine, or the former Soviet Republics.
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Official Russia Thread

Post by eurobrat »

Due to my current affairs with a Russian girl, I would like to compile a thread of information on Russia. In 2018 Eurobrat has made a pledge to try and visit Russia, Ukraine and Bucharest :)

I'm looking for the following:
  • Best cities to visit.
  • Local food and drink.
  • AirBnB, Hostels or Hotels?
  • Best local dating app.
Besides a visa what other hurdles will there be.

Thanks all sorry for my absence here I have been very busy with work and all these women contacting me.
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Official Russia Thread

Post by gsjackson »

Hurdles:

Ukraine -- hard to get by in English during the week I spent in Kiev.

Bucharest -- just finished two and a half months there. The women are beautiful but all are phone zombies and very aloof. They won't even look at you, let alone flirt. Not saying cold approaches can't work there -- some turn out to be friendly -- but it will be completely cold, i.e., they won't be sending out indications of interest. And if they aren't interested in talking to you, they don't feel compelled to be the slightest bit polite about it. Take along your cast iron ego. At the end of the day, I just found it to be too abrasive and jarring a culture for my taste and I won't be going back. But you will see some lookers, to be sure. Hit Piata Unirii subway station at rush hour, and marvel.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

eurobrat wrote:
December 17th, 2017, 7:19 am
Due to my current affairs with a Russian girl, I would like to compile a thread of information on Russia. In 2018 Eurobrat has made a pledge to try and visit Russia, Ukraine and Bucharest :)

I'm looking for the following:
  • Best cities to visit.
  • Local food and drink.
  • AirBnB, Hostels or Hotels?
  • Best local dating app.
Besides a visa what other hurdles will there be.

Thanks all sorry for my absence here I have been very busy with work and all these women contacting me.
Will you be going alone or with your new girl?

Best cities I'd recommend are: St. Petersburg, Volgograd, Sochi. But it depends on the girls there. If you have nice girls to visit, even quiet small towns like Izhevsk or Kazan or Yoshkar Ola can be enjoyable.

Food is more natural but not particularly good or famous or tasty to westerners.

Airbnb seems to be about the same price as hotels, but harder to find because they are in neighborhoods, so I never understood their appeal. Hostels are good for meeting people but you have to sleep in a dorm. Hotels in small towns are cheap and around 20 dollars and you get your own room. Hostels only save you money in big cities like Moscow but not in small towns where hotels are cheap.

Don't know about dating app. Just use the most popular ones worldwide.

Maybe I can go to Russia or Ukraine with you.

In Europe you can go to a travel agency to apply for a Russian visa. It's much easier than going to the Russian embassy.

So what do you think of Russian girls so far? Is your girl good to you? How did you meet her?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

Thanks to both of you for the advice, Winston I disagree with the AirBnB is only €20-30 a night for a nice one, such as this: https://www.airbnb.ie/rooms/21913234?lo ... C%20Russia

Any advice on learning Russian fast would be appreciated.

This all spawned off my new Russian fling that occurred last week. I don't know if all Russian women are like her but I found the American guy and Slavic woman to be a winning combination if you fancy caucasian women. Russian women are very passionate and soulful, full of life. They can be kinda granola but all around the girls are really fun and passionate. Pit that against a Western European or an American girl. They will cook for you, please you and make you the center of attention while you're with them. No more having to put in 150% effort to get 10% returned from their side.

I wrote a rant earlier that I wanted to share on dating in the Western world.

Here's some RedPill for you gentlemen:
After my year of dabbling in the dating scene and playing around with self-improvement, weight loss, clothes, body language and expensive pickup classes, I have come to the conclusion that women have it better single and that’s why they’re staying that route until late 30’s to mid 40’s in the western world.

As pointed out, women are now holding out for the top 1-5% of men and everything else just simply isn’t good enough.

This is why being seen around or with decent women is so effective in the game, much more effective than being muscular/tall/ultra good looking or even having money. It’s instant confirmation that there must be something special about you.

Women would rather share the dick of a winner than go home with a loser.

We’re now living in the age of the female where for the first time in history they have more options and power than we do. Why would they trade their life of freedom, free dinner and drinks off tinder dates, a new guy every month and all the power and self-gratification that comes from having all these different guys in their life praising them?
I'm switching gears to solely eastern Europe and will stop placing any effort in dating here.

Let me know your thoughts... let's keep talking Russia/Ukraine.
Last edited by eurobrat on December 18th, 2017, 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

gsjackson wrote:
December 17th, 2017, 12:47 pm
Hurdles:

Bucharest -- just finished two and a half months there. The women are beautiful but all are phone zombies and very aloof. They won't even look at you, let alone flirt. Not saying cold approaches can't work there -- some turn out to be friendly -- but it will be completely cold, i.e., they won't be sending out indications of interest. And if they aren't interested in talking to you, they don't feel compelled to be the slightest bit polite about it. Take along your cast iron ego. At the end of the day, I just found it to be too abrasive and jarring a culture for my taste and I won't be going back. But you will see some lookers, to be sure. Hit Piata Unirii subway station at rush hour, and marvel.
Surprising Mr. Jackson, most Ukrainians I have talked with have OK english at least conversational.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

eurobrat wrote:
December 18th, 2017, 12:39 pm
gsjackson wrote:
December 17th, 2017, 12:47 pm
Hurdles:

Surprising Mr. Jackson, most Ukrainians I have talked with have OK english at least conversational.
That's because you are meeting Russian girls who are travelers. Travelers tend to speak English. And you are using English dating sites and dating apps, which English speaking girls use. So you are only seeing a select portion of the population. If you went to Kiev and approached random girls, you'd see that most of them don't speak English. Especially outside the capitol city, because girls in the capitol city tend to speak better English and are more educated and going to university.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

eurobrat wrote:
December 18th, 2017, 12:34 pm
Thanks to both of you for the advice, Winston I disagree with the AirBnB is only €20-30 a night for a nice one, such as this: https://www.airbnb.ie/rooms/21913234?lo ... C%20Russia

Any advice on learning Russian fast would be appreciated.

This all spawned off my new Russian fling that occurred last week. I don't know if all Russian women are like her but I found the American guy and Slavic woman to be a winning combination if you fancy caucasian women. Russian women are very passionate and soulful, full of life. They can be kinda granola but all around the girls are really fun and passionate. Pit that against a Western European or an American girl. They will cook for you, please you and make you the center of attention while you're with them. No more having to put in 150% effort to get 10% returned from their side.

I wrote a rant earlier that I wanted to share on dating in the Western world.

Here's some RedPill for you gentlemen:
After my year of dabbling in the dating scene and playing around with self-improvement, weight loss, clothes, body language and expensive pickup classes, I have come to the conclusion that women have it better single and that’s why they’re staying that route until late 30’s to mid 40’s in the western world.

As pointed out, women are now holding out for the top 1-5% of men and everything else just simply isn’t good enough.

This is why being seen around or with decent women is so effective in the game, much more effective than being muscular/tall/ultra good looking or even having money. It’s instant confirmation that there must be something special about you.

Women would rather share the dick of a winner than go home with a loser.

We’re now living in the age of the female where for the first time in history they have more options and power than we do. Why would they trade their life of freedom, free dinner and drinks off tinder dates, a new guy every month and all the power and self-gratification that comes from having all these different guys in their life praising them?
I'm switching gears to solely eastern Europe and will stop placing any effort in dating here.

Let me know your thoughts... let's keep talking Russia/Ukraine.
Well I don't know about airbnb. I am going by the airbnb listings I found in Hong Kong and China. They seemed about the same as hotels. St. Petersburg is another matter. It's a major city and hotels there will be more expensive.

You can learn the Russian alphabet in 15 min. The characters and their sounds are simple and easy to remember. Not like Chinese. lol. There are some online programs that teach you the Russian alphabet. I'm not good with languages and even I learned it in 20 minutes.

You can download language learning apps now to your phone or mobile device. There are many good ones that will help you learn basic vocabulary and common phrases quickly. I used a desktop program long ago called Instant Immersion. It was point and click images and sounds. Very easy and fun. But there are many similar ones for your mobile device today.

Just download Google Translate app and download the offline language packs for Russian, so you can use it anywhere even without data. If you are with a girl who speaks no English, you can use that to communicate. It works very well.

What happened with your fling? She wasn't living there in Ireland? She was just a tourist or traveler?

Did she go back to Russia? If so which city in Russia does she live in?

It's all about the women you want to meet. Not the city. If the girl you like the most lives in a drab small town, that's better than going to a great tourist city and not knowing anyone and relying on cold approach which is very random.

Maybe we can go to Ukraine or Russia together. Rock was supposed to go with me but he bailed and flaked.

Btw Eurobrat, I uploaded dozens of new short clips of me in Russia interacting with girls. See the playlist below. What do you think? What vibe or impression do you get from them?

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... UwHM_wCf6c

eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

Winston always gotta turn this into a me fest.

You definitely an only child :)
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Have you been following this thread eurobrat? I've been posting never before seen mesmerizing videos in it. lol. They will blow your mind. You'll NEVER meet girls like this in America.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=36767

Carnio
Freshman Poster

Post by Carnio »

Last edited by Carnio on October 27th, 2019, 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

Winston wrote:
December 19th, 2017, 3:04 pm
Have you been following this thread eurobrat? I've been posting never before seen mesmerizing videos in it. lol. They will blow your mind. You'll NEVER meet girls like this in America.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=36767
Winston your videos are amazing as always and an inspiration for guys to get off their ass and go meet GOOD women. I really think you did have something with Marina, maybe that was your lost soulmate?

I'm studying Russian now and looking to really put my energy this year into cracking the culture.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Carnio wrote:
December 20th, 2017, 1:08 am
Hello,

I am also interested in visiting Russia in 2018, probably a little after summer time.I, however, will be going to the far east in Siberia as I have no interest in European Russia. I am interested in the Asiatic communities as well as the Buryat mongols that live in that area. with that said, the two main places I want to visit are Ulaan-Ude and Yakutsk (The coldest city in the world). I am currently living in Central Asia where Russian is the lingua franca of the Slavic influenced world with my Kyrgyz friends, so I am all set with the language learning. however, for those who want some resources for Russian, I suggest, Duolingo, Memrise, and Foreign service institute. Also, If I am not mistaken, I believe Peace corps have free resources on their webpage that should be able to cover the most essential grammar and vocabulary for Russian.

Winston, how and how long did it take for you to learn Russian? I want to be at a decent level as I am currently living in Central Asia.

Winston, How do you feel about Central Asian women? What about Mongol women? Have you, and if not, will you ever go to Siberia?
I learned Russian from girls and conversation there everyday. It was a slow process. I am not good with learning languages. I also used some software like Instant Immersion and Rosetta Stone. But nowadays you can learn from language apps on your smart phone.

The furthest east I went was Kazan in Tatarstan. They look Asiatic there. There are many Asiatic regions like that. I didn't notice anything different about them. Mongol women are very tall so unless you are tall too, they won't be a good match.

I hope to visit Siberia someday, if I have time that is. The further east you go, I would imagine the less Westernized or corrupted the women are.

eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

Winston wrote:
December 21st, 2017, 6:56 pm
Carnio wrote:
December 20th, 2017, 1:08 am
Hello,

I am also interested in visiting Russia in 2018, probably a little after summer time.I, however, will be going to the far east in Siberia as I have no interest in European Russia. I am interested in the Asiatic communities as well as the Buryat mongols that live in that area. with that said, the two main places I want to visit are Ulaan-Ude and Yakutsk (The coldest city in the world). I am currently living in Central Asia where Russian is the lingua franca of the Slavic influenced world with my Kyrgyz friends, so I am all set with the language learning. however, for those who want some resources for Russian, I suggest, Duolingo, Memrise, and Foreign service institute. Also, If I am not mistaken, I believe Peace corps have free resources on their webpage that should be able to cover the most essential grammar and vocabulary for Russian.

Winston, how and how long did it take for you to learn Russian? I want to be at a decent level as I am currently living in Central Asia.

Winston, How do you feel about Central Asian women? What about Mongol women? Have you, and if not, will you ever go to Siberia?
I learned Russian from girls and conversation there everyday. It was a slow process. I am not good with learning languages. I also used some software like Instant Immersion and Rosetta Stone. But nowadays you can learn from language apps on your smart phone.

The furthest east I went was Kazan in Tatarstan. They look Asiatic there. There are many Asiatic regions like that. I didn't notice anything different about them. Mongol women are very tall so unless you are tall too, they won't be a good match.

I hope to visit Siberia someday, if I have time that is. The further east you go, I would imagine the less Westernized or corrupted the women are.
What do you recommend for a first time Moscow or Saint Petersburg or smaller towns.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

eurobrat wrote:
December 23rd, 2017, 11:17 pm
What do you recommend for a first time Moscow or Saint Petersburg or smaller towns.
I would recommend St. Petersburg and Moscow of course. They are tourist cities and have a lot to see and a lot of energy too. The vibe is indescribable and energizing and makes you feel alive. The smaller towns are nice but only for visiting if you know someone there or have dates prearranged. So I would start with the two main cities and then go from there if things lead there. In the meantime you can correspond with some ladies there and line up some dates first on my dating site. :)

http://dating.happierabroad.com

eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

Winston wrote:
December 25th, 2017, 6:54 pm
eurobrat wrote:
December 23rd, 2017, 11:17 pm
I would recommend St. Petersburg and Moscow of course. They are tourist cities and have a lot to see and a lot of energy too. The vibe is indescribable and energizing and makes you feel alive. The smaller towns are nice but only for visiting if you know someone there or have dates prearranged. So I would start with the two main cities and then go from there if things lead there. In the meantime you can correspond with some ladies there and line up some dates first on my dating site. :)

http://dating.happierabroad.com
Did you ever make it to Belarus?