Belarus Just Opened-Up for Visa Free Travel

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to Russia, Ukraine, or the former Soviet Republics.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Belarus Just Opened-Up for Visa Free Travel

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

For those among us who have been chomping at the bit to visit Belarus, the government of Belarus just decreed visa-free travel as of last month. But be aware that the requirements include that you have proof of health insurance with you and sufficient cash for your stay.

Now is the time to travel there before it is inundated with sex tourists and thirsty Arabs.

http://mfa.gov.by/en/visa/visafreetrave ... 9bf2c.html
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Belarus Just Opened-Up for Visa Free Travel

I've been here in Minsk for 2 days and my initial impressions have been two thumbs up.

Small Negative: Getting into the country visa-free hit a small snag. The airport passport control officers asked to see my proof of health insurance. I produced my insurance card but that was not enough and almost had to buy temporary health insurance at the airport which most other visitors were doing. To avoid this, ensure you have proof that you can show the insurance is still in force(effective dates), that the coverage is worldwide, and how much monetary amount is covered. My smartphone and web access saved the day and I was able to show all of that without buying unnecessary coverage.

Other than that, the trip has thus far been all positive. Minsk is clean, orderly, and more modern than you would suspect. The people are nice, friendly and hospitable to foreigners. Women actually return hellos (if you speak in Russian), and engage you in conversation, and they are not at all like their suspicious sisters in Kiev.

This is the only place I have been where women outnumber men in nightclubs! I was a Black House club which is considered by many to be the best at the moment. Women really dress up and they tend to dance together in groups soaking in all the male attention. There is a smattering of Turkish and Arab sex tourists here, but they do not absolutely pollute the scene in the way they do in Kiev.

The weather is much cooler in Minsk than in Kiev. This has some upside because I can walk for hours in Minsk and not become too uncomfortable and sweaty like I did in Kiev.

In short, Minsk is worth the trip and I would highly recommend coming here to relax, party, and escape the toxic West. Consider Minsk like Kiev 20 years ago, just a bit better.

I'll report more as my 2 week gallivant in Minsk continues......
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

C.E. you're becoming too comfortable as of late. Why arent you discrete anymore??? You used to keep this information to limited intelligent people. You among others are continuing to the westernization and corruption of women. The internet is a curse in this regard. *&@$, this is you at your darkest no color pun intended. It's bad enough we got Roosh V flag planters that would love this information of corrupting women ubiquitously even more so.
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

Agree with E, but thanks for the solid info. Intriguing. And I don't think too many HAers will find their way there.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

gsjackson wrote:
September 17th, 2018, 4:25 pm
Agree with E, but thanks for the solid info. Intriguing. And I don't think too many HAers will find their way there.
You cannot keep information away - today internet is everywhere and if CE is not giving out such info, another person will do it anyway.

About finding your way there - It depends where you are living, it is easy if your home is somewhere in Western or Central Continental Europe - you can drive over to Belarus/Minsk by car via Poland/Warsaw to Brest.

I have been in Minsk (however a long time ago) and I can only say, driving your own car in this wide area is surely an advantage.
I wonder if there are still restrictions for visiting certain cities only in Belarus, using some certain roads only as it was many years ago.

While additional car insurance paid at the border was obligatory, I do not remember however anything about a personal health insurance.
Shemp
Experienced Poster

Post by Shemp »

The visa is only for 30 days and Minsk is much more expensive than Kiev. Only a tiny part of Kiev is Turk and Arab infested. Plus there are plenty of other cities in Ukraine. If you really don't like Ukraine but do like EE, you're better off getting the Russian visa than fooling around with Belarus on a 30 day visa. Belarus on a long term student visa (for retirees or young guys with location independent income) might be worthwhile.
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Guys CE is my fav poster on here as of late, but the information should be harder to find because it would take effort to change things not making it so easy for those people.
@gsjackson It is more than HAers that look at these posts anonymously. Look at stats per HA thread that you visit in the lower lefthand corner, it would mostly be Google Bot AI for SEO purposes #thumbsdown and anonymous non HAers.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

retiredfrank wrote:
September 17th, 2018, 8:50 pm
The visa is only for 30 days and Minsk is much more expensive than Kiev....

...Plus there are plenty of other cities in Ukraine. If you really don't like Ukraine but do like EE, you're better off getting the Russian visa than fooling around with Belarus on a 30 day visa....
If you are from USA, maybe you might think in this way, however for EU citizens it is easier - Belarus is not bad but what will you do there? Not really such a city for longstay, maybe 30 days is good enough. - Best is to have your own car - distances are not so far - and if the visa expires, move over to Poland or Ukraine or elsewhere in East Europe. Don't confine yourself - move around and visit other East European countries too.
What about moving on to Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia?
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

E Irizarry R&B Singer wrote:
September 17th, 2018, 3:00 pm
C.E. you're becoming too comfortable as of late. Why arent you discrete anymore??? You used to keep this information to limited intelligent people. You among others are continuing to the westernization and corruption of women. The internet is a curse in this regard. *&@$, this is you at your darkest no color pun intended. It's bad enough we got Roosh V flag planters that would love this information of corrupting women ubiquitously even more so.
I see your point E and I agree to a point. I just think that only a small minority of HA types could muster the will and the means to come to Minsk. This is not a place that lends itself to the sex tourist. It lends itself to the serious traveler who wants to live abroad.

I do not want to see every Tom, Dick (no pun intended), and Harry coming here ruining everything. But for the serious few like yourself and a handful of others, this is a gem.

I will take your and GS Jackson's advice and keep my mouth shut about further information about Belarus, but I do want the worthy to have the benefit of living life well and away from the West.
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

@Contrarian Expatriate https://youtu.be/HuGJgPtbOsA

Lolololol
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

E Irizarry R&B Singer wrote:
September 20th, 2018, 7:24 pm
@Contrarian Expatriate https://youtu.be/HuGJgPtbOsA

Lolololol
Americans become zombified when confronted with Slavic languages. They probably thought this guy was some secret Trump accomplice.

That is precisely why I love Russian which locks Western interlopers out of my interactions abroad.
WorldTraveler
Experienced Poster

Post by WorldTraveler »

Is it worth going to Belarus? The is a video in this article that shows the city. Looks pretty modern and uninteresting.

https://www.themasculinetraveler.com/be ... -in-minsk/

Who has been and what do you think? How are the women?