A Russian to Marry

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to Russia, Ukraine, or the former Soviet Republics.
Mr S
Veteran Poster

A Russian to Marry

Post by Mr S »

http://www.russiaprofile.org/page.php?p ... 1258481496

Many Russian Women Still See Marriage as a Ticket to Life in the West, but Their Male Compatriots Prefer to Seek Spouses At Home

A recent poll has dispelled the stereotype of the Russian mail order bride after finding only a small percentage of Russian women interested in marrying a foreigner. However, dating agencies dispute the claim that the popularity of foreign husbands is falling, and say that the number of Russian women seeking marriage abroad has grown since the financial crisis set in.

The results of the poll, conducted by the recruitment Web site SuperJob, surprised sociologists and the public by debunking the myth of “the foreign prince.� Only seven percent of Russian women aged 18 to 60 said “yes� to the question of “would you like to marry a foreigner?� However, 23 percent of respondents said “no� because they are already married to a Russian, and others said they do not want to marry at all, regardless of their suitors’ nationality.

Women over 55 are the most interested in marriage to foreigners, according to the poll. Twenty five percent of women in this age group would like a foreign husband. This trend is probably explained by the shortage of Russian men of the same age: the average life expectancy for Russian males is just 60 years.

Young women are far less likely to embark on the search for a “foreign prince,� saying that “foreigners have another culture and mentality,� or that they did “not want to marry at all.� Those women who do want to marry a foreigner mostly cite economic reasons - “residents of Western countries are more successful than Russians.� Others, however, said they were simply “looking for a decent husband.�

The dating agencies that specialize in introducing Russian women to foreign – which almost always means Western – men, dispute the findings, however. “These statistics seem to be controversial,� said Andrew Sokolov, the director of a Moscow marriage agency Semeyniy Uyut. “We have a lot of female clients aged 18 to 65 who are looking for foreign husbands.� And the number of Russian women who are interested in marriage to a foreigner has grown during the crisis, according to Sokolov. “Women are looking for safety and security. When the country is going through hard times, a happy marriage is a good solution to many problems,� he said.

Semeyniy Uyut’s clients include women of varying incomes and social backgrounds. “We have a lot of businesswomen who are ready to leave their business and the country to move to the European Union or the United States,� Sokolov said. “All our clients are interested in places like Western Europe, the United States, Canada and Australia,� he said. “Nobody wants to marry men who live in Latin America or Africa.�

Semeyniy Uyut helps to arrange about 100 marriages to foreigners each year. It usually takes around 12 months from registering with the agency to finding a husband. “The search time depends on the woman’s needs,� Sokolov explained. “Residents of big cities are interested in husbands who have an annual income of more than $100,000. So girls from Moscow and St. Petersburg have to wait much longer than women from small towns.�

Girls from small Russian towns and villages are much less choosey. Poverty, domestic violence and lack of good marriage and job prospects push them to emigrate as soon as possible. Normally it takes them three to six month to find a foreign husband, according to Semeyniy Uyut’s statistics. Often, that means agreeing to marry the first foreigner who is ready to buy them a ring.

Sokolov is proud of his agency’s work and his clients. “Russian women are still popular spouses. Millions of European and American men are interested in wives from Eastern Europe,� he said.

Olga Nasarova, the head of the London-based Harmony dating agency, agrees. “Girls from the former Soviet countries are in high demand,� she said. The Harmony agency holds “Lubov Red� parties in London twice a month to help Eastern European women and British men meet each other in person. The women at these events are nationals of former Soviet states who already live, work or study in the UK, or who have traveled to London especially for the party.

And the men? “We have three basic types of males who use our service,� Nasarova explained. Firstly, she said, there are those who regularly travel to Russia on business, like Russian culture and tradition and admire Russian women. Then there are men who have friends or relatives married to Russians, and, having seen the benefits of family life with an Eastern European woman, want to find a spouse with those characteristics of kindness, tolerance and ability to care for a husband and children.

The last group includes men who have difficulties in relationships with British women. Finding British women too selfish and feministic, they are interested in building a relationship with a girl from a different background. “Most of our male clients are successful professionals,� Nasarova said. “All they need is love.�

About 7,000 people, mostly women, leave Russia annually to marry foreigners, official statistics show. But this figure does not include the large number of women who leave Russia using visitor, student or work visas, and then register their marriage abroad.

Russian men, however, are not particularly pleased with this “marriage emigration� trend. Asked what they thought of women who wish to marry abroad, 59 percent of male respondents to the SuperJob poll called them “traitors� and declared that “our women should live where they were born.� Younger men appear to be slightly more tolerant. Most of those under 35 year said that “every person should have the right to choose where to live and whom to marry.�

However, “marriage emigration� remains an almost exclusively female phenomenon. Marriage and dating agencies do not work with Russian male clients who wish to emigrate. Even male émigrés from the former-Soviet countries who live in Western Europe, the United States or Canada prefer to date female compatriots. “I used to date a British girl,� said Victor, who has lived in the UK for more than ten years, “but she always asked me to go out and never did any housework. Now I only date Russian and Ukrainian girls.�

But while Russian men abroad may not be too keen on foreign girls, male immigrants to Russia are more than happy to marry locally. Thousands of marriages between foreign men and Russian women were registered in Moscow in 2008, according to the Moscow Civil Registry Office. Most of the bridegrooms were from Armenia, Azerbaijan and Turkey.
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." Marcus Aurelius, Roman Emperor and stoic philosopher, 121-180 A.D.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Just to let you know, some of the guys seeking Russian brides have gone over to the Philippines and say that Filipinas are MUCH MUCH better. I know you don't want to hear that since you're tired of Filipinas, but I know some of those guys.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Mr S
Veteran Poster

Post by Mr S »

Filipina's are going to appeal to men with a certain type of personality and view point of life, it can't be said that they are better than any other nationality over others. I posted this for individuals that want to get an idea of how Russian woman and men are currently thinking about them marrying foreigners.

I am of European heritage and I've realized after leaving the paradigm of the states that being white has it's advantages, especially if you keep yourself in shape, are half-way attractive and have credentials which enable you to be successful in life monetarily and personally. Saying that you should just throw in the towel and accept Filipina's as being "as good as it gets" is a bunch of rubbish. If you have low intellectual and cultural standards and want immaturity and emotional instability to rule your relationship than a Filipina will be aright for you. I'm not interested in this sort of a relationship, having no long-term redeeming value. If I am going to have a woman as a partner in my life she has to contribute a lot more than looking good and providing sex for me, cause that sort of objectivity based on the material and physical part of the relationship will never last in the long run.

I've realized that someone like myself is in large demand in most parts of the world and I'm not going to just be limited to a particular nationality or region of the world when looking for a long-term partner. Since I'm going to India I just decided to browse a website for woman looking for marriage. Well I'm not interested in that right now but just browsing some of the profiles I was amazed that the women were actually higher quality and had much more to offer than a typical Filipina.

Examples: http://www.shaadi.com

Most of the woman seem to have decent education and many are attractive looking. I'm not sure what their bodies are like but I'm sure the younger ones look just as good as Filipina's the same age. Yeah, Indians would be more conservative and expect traditional marriage roles but I think a woman from India in the long run would be a far superior partner to a Filipina, especially if you had to bring her to a western country to live and work. Over half of the Filipina's that go to America for instance start pining away for their families and wanting to go back to Philippines. Everyone makes fun of the stereotypical Indian in America but if you compare them I think they are much more successful in America than Filipino's are. Their children obtain higher educational goals and usually establish independent businesses. Filipino's that come to America and other western countries are either married to an older citizen or indentured employees of hospitals or other medical establishments.

I'm not saying I'm going to start looking for an Indian woman to marry, cause I'm not. I'm just making some basic comparisons and every guy looking for a long term relationship for marriage is going to want different things in a woman. Values and cultural differences play a huge role in compatibility and many men in America have realized that the women there have been warped and changed into pseudo women and not ideal for relationships generally. Most women anywhere you go, if they are still feminine, will still be pain in the asses sometimes and thats just how women are. But as long as you can find one that comes from a traditional family and cultural background and has higher education, than you can typically find a decent woman to marry if desired and raise a family.

Western woman and former bar girls are generally not going to be ideal mates for a long-term relationship. There is a small minority that may work out but most of the time guys will get burned in the end. Either they will be in a combative relationship where arguing is the norm because each will not change their way of thinking and doing or the man will become submissive to the woman and she will rule his world. If guys want to live in this type of world be my guest, but I'm not going to.

I think any western guy that has anything going for himself and decides to settle on a bar girl as his partner is f***ed up in the head and deep-down has self-esteem issues. They may not be outwardly apparent but subconsciously this can't be denied. I can understand guys being attracted to them because of age discrimination in the states where a guy is frowned upon dating a woman 10 or more years younger than him. But if you are still young (maybe under 45) and still in shape, why settle for a poor bar girl who has nothing much going for her other than her looks? Most of these girls have no education and understanding of whats going on in the world outside their immediate reality. They have little to talk about or just talk superficial shit. This is why foreigners living in Philippines go to the bars all the time cause they have absolutely nothing to say to their Gf's or spouses at home so they have to go to the bar to actually have real conversations with educated foreigners. Other than young girls, skin and flesh there isn't much to getting into a relationship with these women.

Once again to say that Filipina's are some of the best woman in the world to get into a relationship is a bunch of rubbish, it's not true! Some may be okay but I think there's better women woman out there is you have a lot going for yourself in your life and can bring something worthwhile and tangible to the relationship. I question whether most foreigner guys living in AC and many parts of Philippines can, only a small minority. At the present I would consider myself not a good catch for a serious marriage minded woman cause I haven't settled down and established my set-identity yet. I'm still completing my higher education. Perhaps in the future I will honestly be able to say I would make a good partner in life for a woman but right now no. I think most guys are not realistic when they look at themselves and evaluate what they can offer someone else. They need to see themselves through other's eyes and their perceptions of who 'you' may be based on how 'you' present yourself to the world.

I know I'm not ready, but do others know they truly aren't? Do they know when to come clean to a woman about their true intentions or just continue taking them for a ride to satisfy their own personal pleasure? Prostitutes and easy women are great for sexual gratification but not long-term relationships for the most part.

So any guy visiting Thailand or Philippines and does the bar thing and falls for one of these girls all I can say is that you are a fool and you will get burned somehow in the end...

When in PI or Thailand get a normal girl with university education if you want the relationship to have long-term potential.
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." Marcus Aurelius, Roman Emperor and stoic philosopher, 121-180 A.D.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

I'm not saying that Filipinas are right for you. I'm just saying that they are right for some people, as many have reported that they've had the best experiences with Filipina mates, including some that I know. They have their pros and cons of course. It just depends on which pros and cons you find most important. I'm just trying to provide a more balanced view, esp since the Philippines is a big hot spot for expats seeking women.

Many, like Ladislav and Nate, report that they have been treated the best by Filipinas, and nothing is more important to a man than to FEEL GOOD and be TREATED GOOD. That's certainly at the top of the list in my book.

But that doesn't mean they are right for you or for everyone of course. I'd just like people to consider all sides first.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Montanaland
Freshman Poster

Its a diverse world.

Post by Montanaland »

Its obvious and wonderful how diverse our world is ....and all the different kind of cultures and flavors of womwn out their.

I would maybe put women from latin america in the top 5. Ladislav pointed out to me a while back that if one can match his personality to a culture/country than you've got it made. Since I'm a pretty talkative guy, I don't think super quiet woman are right for me.

S- What makes you move to India? Some indians are sure stunning...but from some of the horror stories of poverty that my finance professor told me, I'm not sure of that extreme. He migrated from india and got his phd at Alabama.
Mr S
Veteran Poster

Post by Mr S »

I'm not moving there only going on a spiritual vacation for three weeks.
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Its a diverse world.

Post by Winston »

Montanaland wrote:Its obvious and wonderful how diverse our world is ....and all the different kind of cultures and flavors of womwn out their.

I would maybe put women from latin america in the top 5. Ladislav pointed out to me a while back that if one can match his personality to a culture/country than you've got it made. Since I'm a pretty talkative guy, I don't think super quiet woman are right for me.

S- What makes you move to India? Some indians are sure stunning...but from some of the horror stories of poverty that my finance professor told me, I'm not sure of that extreme. He migrated from india and got his phd at Alabama.
What if I connect with a culture in some ways but not in others? For example, Filipinas do not connect with me mentally at all, of course, and neither do most Asians. But they do connect with me emotionally and perhaps physically. On the other hand, you can connect mentally but not emotionally too.

I've never seen a stunning India girl, except in magazines. But definitely not in the US.

Mr. S, will you be going to any famous ashrams or meeting any spiritual leaders, like Sai Baba?

Are there whorehouses or red light districts too? If so, will you be tempted to check them out? I guess you can search for info on that at http://www.worldsexguide.com under the India section?
Last edited by Winston on December 5th, 2009, 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hero
Experienced Poster

Post by Hero »

I can't wait to sample a few Russian women so I can compare them to Filipinas myself :D

I've been getting more messages recently from women on Elena's models. One of these was a 25-year-old hottie.
Not only that, but I've been able to get onto the Facebook friends list of 4 hot young Russian women; and they actually answer my messages! So I think there are still plenty of Russian women who dream of marriage to a foreigner.
Mr S
Veteran Poster

Post by Mr S »

I'm not really into whore houses or traditional prostitution, it feels too fake and dirty after the deed. I don't have sex with someone just for the physical or animalistic pleasure, I have sex mainly to exchange energy with someone, this is why I tend to be particular sometimes. I only do naughty night life in Thailand and Philippines cause it doesn't feel like prostitution cause the girls aren't trafficked or forced into what they are doing. I visited red light places and whore houses and Cambodia and Vietnam and it just doesn't feel right when your with the women in those places. I'm sure it's a hundred times worse in India.

I'm not looking for girls in India. If I meet any, fine but it's not my focus. I'm going to just move with my intuition. I'll go to temples and stuff like that. Will mainly be checking out if the whole Nadi leave astrology thing is for real or not.

I've had a lot of unusual spiritual experiences the last few years and they keep increasing in number. So since my visa runs out at the end of the year it's a good time for me to leave and then come back with a regular tourist stamp. I'm thinking maybe India might provide some answers and trigger some additional spiritual experiences for me. I've had multiple past lives in India so maybe some subconscious racial memories will surface or I'll bump into someone that can trigger something.

I'm not planning on visiting any famous gurus. I may visit an Ashram if I happen to be near one while traveling. I'll visit the Theosophical Society in Chennai since I'll be flying in there. St Thomas is buried there in Chennai also, he tried spreading Christianity to India back in the day.

Everything else will be guided by my higher self...
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

Steve Jobs went to India in 1970's seeking spiritual enlightment, he returned as a Buddhist convert with his head shaved and wearing traditional Indian clothing. :D
Mr S
Veteran Poster

Post by Mr S »

Well I'm not that impressionable. People are always looking outside themselves for the answers, it's actually within. It's just a matter of discovering the triggering mechanisms that work for each individual to begin inner transformations and changes. There is no 'ONE' answer to anything. This is the problem with the major religions of today they propose that their system is the only way to know God and this is incorrect.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

Winston wrote:Just to let you know, some of the guys seeking Russian brides have gone over to the Philippines and say that Filipinas are MUCH MUCH better. I know you don't want to hear that since you're tired of Filipinas, but I know some of those guys.
Filipinas are much sweeter but Russians are smarter and are your intellectual equals. So many thing one can talk about. I have not met many young pretty Filipinas with whom I could have an adult conversation. That is the problem.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

The main problem with Russia is the language and the world created by it. The country is not part of the Anglosphere, has nothing to do with the US or England and is hard for a monolingual Anglo to relate to. It is a Greek Slavic Scandinavian country with a Mongolian strain.

That is not the picture in Hollywood movies of course where Russians just trill their 'r's' , speak perfect English and dream of going to the USA/ West to live. Swaggering Americans and Brits ( in the movies) get a blond Russian girl and whisk her away to the Wonderland of the West.

Nothing like this is happening in real life. In Russia, generally, a foreigner is a person who does not speak Russian and does not understand the local mentality. If you do and act and think like a Russian, you will not be treated as a foreigner. Hence, a huge chunk of the population will become available to you. Otherwise, you will attract women who are specifically interested in emigrating to the West and you will be their ticket.

Most Russians will die of nostalgia away from the Holy Motherland, Mother Russia.

If you like Russian girls not because you want a hot blond to do in bed but because you also like her country, as well, then why not plan to immigrate there? Smaller towns have a lax settlement policy and relaxed quotas. Quite a few people settle there every year. Always have. And as long as they act Russian, they are pretty much accepted.

I was in Orel now and went to the migrations office and they said that I would not have a problem getting a temporary residence and then slowly working my way to full citizenship after 5 years. Being foreign- born though I did not qualify for any privileges had I been born there. To them Ukraine is as foreign as America. At least as far as their laws are concerned.

I recently spoke with a Ukrainian girl from the Russian speaking part of the country and she was telling me that she was really looking for a Russophone guy so that she could talk to him and not struggle with English. Why not start studying the language?

I speak Tagalog now and it has opened to me millions of new possibilities in the Philippines to meet so many young ladies who struggle with English and do not feel comfortable speaking it. Like a whole new universe, basically. Same would happen if you studied Russian for a year. Some 260,000,000 people or even more would be yours to converse with.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

ladislav wrote:
Winston wrote:Just to let you know, some of the guys seeking Russian brides have gone over to the Philippines and say that Filipinas are MUCH MUCH better. I know you don't want to hear that since you're tired of Filipinas, but I know some of those guys.
Filipinas are much sweeter but Russians are smarter and are your intellectual equals. So many thing one can talk about. I have not met many young pretty Filipinas with whom I could have an adult conversation. That is the problem.
True, but also keep in mind that the greedy opportunists in Russia are ten times as greedy as the ones in the Philippines and will not be shy about mocking you or insulting you directly if you do not obey her commands when she asks you to buy her things or spend freely as though your pockets had no limits.

If you live in Russia for a year, Ladislav, you may become jaded and worn out when you realize what I am talking about. Some manage to live there for years though. It depends on the person. Others, like me, reach their breaking point and have enough.

But I think Mr S would have some advantages in Russia that I wouldn't have, based on what I know. He is big, tall, and doesn't take shit and isn't easy to push around. Russian women respect that more than a kind sensitive type like me. Plus, Russian women seem to be genetically attracted to bigger men, whereas with me, they don't feel sexual attraction even if they like me as a person. Several Russian girls explained this to me too. So, Mr S's looks and personality should theoretically trigger their attraction genes much better than I did. But one thing he won't like though, is the Russian rudeness. It is much more direct and overt than in the Philippines, which annoys him, so that would be something that would test his patience as well. Only time can tell how he will take the good with the bad. But I'm sure he knows all this.

If he didn't like Russia though, I'm sure he would like somewhere in Eastern or Central Europe.

There are some guys that boast incredible success laying lots of Russian women, but as with any claim it's hard to tell whether they are BSing or true. In person though, I've seen some white guys do a little better than me with Russian women, but I haven't seen one do a LOT better than me, except in his own stories.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Mr S, do you ever plan on going to Russia or meeting girls there? If so, have you seen my Female Encounters film yet? It is very representative of what the girls there are like, well the nice ones that is. Ladislav can vouch for that too. You can see they are far more intelligent than what you're used to. I've just completed parts 3 and 4. See them all here: http://www.happierabroad.com/film.php