Ladislav, do Russian women prefer big white men?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to Russia, Ukraine, or the former Soviet Republics.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

Winston wrote:Repatriate, Rock,

Question: Look at these quotes below about my personality. If I am "open, friendly, communicative, nice, personable, interesting, cheerful, understanding, a good fellow, etc." as these people who have MET ME claim, then WHY would I have trouble meeting Taiwanese people, unless THEY were the ones who were closed and anti-social??????? THINK ABOUT IT...
..but Winston when someone meets you, especially from a couch surfing service, they aren't going to post what they actually think of you. It's basic etiquette to leave a polite comment(s) and move on if you got along well enough. Just because someone says you are handsome or makes some off-hand remarks (positive or negative) about your personality doesn't necessarily make it absolute fact or a universal truth. It also doesn't mean that people who perceive you as being one way will carry over in another social situation where a different set of social skills are required.

You even said yourself you go up to Taiwanese women and start to jabber at them in Taiwanese which makes them feel uncomfortable to use in public. So you even said you make these women feel uneasy right off the bat.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

Winston wrote: Well I was just saying, I've met thousands of people in my life and you're the only one who thinks I look like a taxi driver.
To be quite honest and not meant as a put down I think you look a little like a taxi driver or at least a Chinese uncle type.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Repatriate wrote:

Question: Look at these quotes below about my personality. If I am "open, friendly, communicative, nice, personable, interesting, cheerful, understanding, a good fellow, etc." as these people who have MET ME claim, then WHY would I have trouble meeting Taiwanese people, unless THEY were the ones who were closed and anti-social??????? THINK ABOUT IT...
..but Winston when someone meets you, especially from a couch surfing service, they aren't going to post what they actually think of you. It's basic etiquette to leave a polite comment(s) and move on if you got along well enough. Just because someone says you are handsome or makes some off-hand remarks (positive or negative) about your personality doesn't necessarily make it absolute fact or a universal truth. It also doesn't mean that people who perceive you as being one way will carry over in another social situation where a different set of social skills are required.

You even said yourself you go up to Taiwanese women and start to jabber at them in Taiwanese which makes them feel uncomfortable to use in public. So you even said you make these women feel uneasy right off the bat.
Maybe. But there is no logical reason to assume that all those quotes were lies either. Some of them were true or at least true to a large degree. The references and feedback are not required. They are optional.

Usually though, if a couchsurfing person doesn't like you, they won't post anything.

So assuming all those quotes were honest, at least to a 70 percent degree, how do you answer my question above?

I do not use Taiwanese with Taiwanese girls. I didn't say that. I use mandarin or english. Then I ask them if they speak Taiwanese. That's if they talk to me at all.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Repatriate wrote:
Winston wrote: Well I was just saying, I've met thousands of people in my life and you're the only one who thinks I look like a taxi driver.
To be quite honest and not meant as a put down I think you look a little like a taxi driver or at least a Chinese uncle type.
But you don't really know what I look like. My pictures inflate my face and body. I told you, 50 percent of people in the world do not look like their pictures. Pictures distort a lot. When you take tons of photos of women, you notice that. Lots of hot women look plain or weird in photos, but really hot in person.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

To Pacsun:

Thank you for sending me your Facebook profile by PM and showing me a few of your photos there. To be honest, I can't tell anything about you from those few photos, except that you are probably a nice mellow laid back Black guy.

With some people, I can read a lot of things cause their energy/emotion/character/vibe shows. But yours didn't show anything particular that I can pick up on. I might be able to pick up more if you had more close up photos of you and in different settings.

To Repatriate and Pacsun:

I am skeptical of both your claims about never experiencing racism and about most young people in Taiwan being cool, open, sociable and modern. So here's a test I propose, which I doubt you will do.

Pacsun, you claim that race is a small issue that you can just ignore. Go to Match.com or ElenasModels.com and pick 30 random profiles of the white women there. See if more than half of them have racial preferences or not. You will find that more than half of them say they prefer "white/caucasian". Just go to the new profiles section and pick the top 30 of the 18-30 age group. Pick the most good looking ones in particular.

If you lose, and I am right, you cannot claim that race is a small issue so insignificant that you can just forget about it.

Ignoring something or denying it doesn't make it disappear. The people on the Titanic never gave any consideration that the ship would sink, yet it did.

Repatriate, go to any public place in Taiwan and snap random photos of young people in public. You will find that most of them look nerdy, shy, fearful, etc. That is how orientals are everywhere, even in the US. Nerdiness is normal in Asia, and is not aberrent. Everyone knows this. I challenge you to do this and show us the pics. Do not look for only cool hip people to photo. Just take random photos everywhere.

Fear and shyness is the default state of being for oriental youngsters. It's odd that you would deny this. No truth seeker would.

Anyway, if either of you don't take this challenge, then all you have is words. I know what I see and experience. And my friends tell me that I'm the most honest and real person they know.

I talked to my friend the other day (known as "WorldTraveler" in this forum) about all these discrepancies between obvious truths and what you guys deny, and he said he'd believe me over you guys anyday, cause he knows I tell it like it is with no bull or denial, while every other guy he knows doesn't.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Repatriate,
One more thing. It is totally bogus for you to make up your own definition of what a nerd is. A nerd is not the same as a misfit. I am not a nerd by the Hollywood / US culture definition. The nerds in high school didn't even like me.

Also, you seem to look down with disdain on anyone who doesn't fit into the herd or to groups and cliques, as though the majority is always right and the misfit is the one who is insane and weird and wrong.

I got a surprise for you. Great thinkers and intellectuals disagree with your "misfits are weird and insane/majority is cool" mentality. And they have far more insight and wisdom than you do. They are way above you. People like them are remembered, but people like you (Repatriate) are not. They claim that the herd is insane, not the misfit.

Have a look below at these profound quotes from them that I collected:

“The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.� - Marcus Aurelius, Roman Emperor

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society." - Jiddu Krishnamurti

"The men the American public admire most extravagantly are the most daring liars; the men they detest most violently are those who try to tell them the truth." - H. L. Mencken

"Insanity in individuals is something rare - but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule." - Frederich Nietzsche

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." - Frederich Nietzsche

"The sick individual finds himself at home with all other similarly sick individuals. The whole culture is geared to this kind of pathology. The result is that the average individual does not experience the separateness and isolation the fully schizophrenic person feels. He feels at ease among those who suffer from the same deformation; in fact, it is the fully sane person who feels isolated in the insane society — and he may suffer so much from the incapacity to communicate that it is he who may become psychotic." - Eric Fromm (The Anatomy of Human Destructiveness)

(The statement above perhaps explains why the majority do not see the obvious social realities I described?)

This parable illustrates the truth that Fromm described very well:

"The parable of the poisoned well

There was once a wise king who ruled over a vast city. He was feared for his might and loved for his wisdom. Now in the heart of the city, there was a well whose waters were pure and crystalline from which the king and all the inhabitants drank. When all were asleep, an enemy entered the city and poured seven drops of a strange liquid into the well. And he said that henceforth all who drink this water shall become mad.

All the people drank of the water, but not the king. And the people began to say, "The king is mad and has lost his reason. Look how strangely he behaves. We cannot be ruled by a madman, so he must be dethroned."

The king grew very fearful, for his subjects were preparing to rise against him. So one evening, he ordered a golden goblet to be filled from the well, and he drank deeply. The next day, there was great rejoicing among the people, for their beloved king had finally regained his reason."

These lyrics in a hit Billy Joel song couldn't be more true:

"Honesty is such a lonely word. Everyone is so untrue..." - Billy Joel (Honesty)

Thus it is sad and no wonder that we live in an upside down world, as Michael Ellner describes in this profound statement:

"Just look at us. Everything is backwards. Everything is upside down. Doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge, governments destroy freedom, the major media destroy information, and religion destroys spirituality." - Michael Ellner

Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

Winston wrote:
Repatriate wrote:
But you don't really know what I look like. My pictures inflate my face and body. I told you, 50 percent of people in the world do not look like their pictures. Pictures distort a lot. When you take tons of photos of women, you notice that. Lots of hot women look plain or weird in photos, but really hot in person.
I've seen a couple interviews on youtube you've done as well. I think I have a pretty good idea using my own eyeballs what your general appearance is. I don't think you're ugly but you definitely look like you're in your 40's and an uncle type. That may be a reason why some Taiwanese women are a little uncomfortable with your approach.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Winston wrote: But of course, usually only others with great insight themselves will recognize this same trait in others. A person with no insight for example, will not recognize or appreciate another person's great insight. Make sense?

Thus the saying, "It takes one to know one" applies.
Rock,
Let me give you some examples of what I mean above that "it takes one to know one".

I've been listening to this guy named Darryl Sloan, a great intellectual, freethinker, true skeptic and truth seeker on YouTube. He is the real deal and a rare type, as I am. His life and ideas parallel mine in a lot of ways. Mr. S, an intellectual insightful person on this forum, agrees with me about Darryl after seeing his videos.

When I contacted him, and he saw my work, he liked it a lot and commended me too. That's because he and I are on similar wavelengths. He is very insightful as well, and has over 2000 fans on YouTube. I am very selective of who I watch on YouTube and rarely watch anyone's rants, except his, cause most rants on there suck and are boring. But his are high quality and on a deep wavelength.

The point is, like minds recognize each other.

But someone who hates philosophy and is only concerned with economics, will not appreciate my work or Darryl's. He will not call me an intellectual or commend my insight.

So you see, it takes another insightful person on a similar wavelength to recognize it in another. A person with great insight will not be appreciated by everyone.

Same in my case. People with no free thought or insight will not appreciate my work or give me any compliments. The saying "It takes one to know one" applies.

I can give you many more examples of people who appreciate me cause they are insightful too.

There are two types of understanding. You might understand my words here mentally, but understanding it at a deeper level is something totally different.

In either case, you can't deny that I am unique. Only a fool or butthead would deny something that obvious.

Finally I should also say that I have never met a true freethinker who fit in Taiwan comfortably. In 2004, I worked with a Canadian named Aaron. He had the same observations about Taiwanese people that I did, and the same complaints. But he stayed in Taiwan for some odd reason. The guy was really out there on his own wavelength. And if you asked him any question, he would spend hours answering it because he would go off on many unrelated tangents.

Generally, conservative types or liberal people with reserved characters fit in best. Many probably have complaints but they keep it to themselves.

Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Winston wrote:
Rock wrote: I'm sorry, but that's a big stretch. You're asking a fish to fly here. His mind is very closed about some things. He is not flexible when it comes to East Asia. Japan, Korea, and Taiwan are full of left brain nerds who can't think outta the box. That's the only thinking you will find in Winston's box.

I'm not sure if I envy those types in Taiwan anyway. A lot of them don't seem to do as well as their Thai counterparts, at least with women, as far as I've seen. I see that dynamic occasionally but not so much. I do envy the rich younger guys though, lol.

Also, does anyone realize that Taiwan is in many ways very different than Japan? For example, I've rented apartments in over 15 locations in northern Taiwan. The only kind of discrimination I've ever noticed is sexual (some landlords prefer to rent to females as per their adds). And the deposits requested are usually just 1 month.
??????

Illogical. How is me fitting into Taiwan like asking a fish to fly? Taiwan is all about CONTRACTION, FEAR and REPRESSION. All those things CONTRACT a being, not expand it! You got things REVERSED. You are essentially saying that a fish has to contract itself in order to fly. That makes no sense.

I am not closed. How can I be? I smile and say hi to people, but they say nothing back to me. How is that being closed?

Ok let's say I "open my mind" by your standards. What can I do to become popular in Taiwan? How can I get even ONE in 10,000 girls in the streets of Taipei to talk to me and make eye contact and even just "hang out"?

If it was as easy as you say, you could show me or tell me. But you haven't.

How about I start approaching TW people and talking to them and when they get standoffish, I'll start saying "Well I thought you were open and friendly cause Rock said you were?" Then I film it and put in YouTube, to show you that you are wrong? Suppose I did that. What would your reaction be?

Sure I can make polite conversation with people. But if it doesn't lead anywhere, don't blame me.

Anyway, you have no valid basis for saying I'm closed minded. I'm open to anything but you've given me NOTHING. No demo. No advice that works. No evidence of any kind. So how am I not being open? You haven't produced.

How come I have no problem producing all my claims? I even introduced Filipinas to several guys. That's what sets me apart from others, cause I do and demonstrate what I say.

As Billy Joel sang "Honesty is such a lonely word. Everyone is so untrue..."

Do you still deny that TW people do not make eye contact and do not talk to Asian strangers? My dad doesn't deny it, and TW do not deny it, so why do you?

Do you still hold the belief that Taiwanese are just as open and relaxed with strangers as Russians are? If Ladislav heard that he would roll over laughing. Were you actually serious about it??? I can't believe you were serious.

Finally, if the problem is me and I'm such a closed person with a closed mind, how do you explain this?

http://www.couchsurfing.org/people/wwu777

From ESOTERIX
Redmond, United States
Jul 19, 2006 Met in person

Winston - an Engaging personality! Met Winston at a social event, and was won over by his open, friendly nature, and ability to converse on a deeper plane than most. He is a really fun guy to be around - there is never a dull moment with Winston! He is a prolific and articulate writer, and his homepage is a site for sore eyes :)
He is equally comfy talking to someone 1-1 as well as regaling groups of people with his world-wide adventures. Winston is definitely someone I'd love to be friends with, and hope to run into again.

Dude, I told you a long time ago to get your ass up to Taipei but you never followed-up (do you want me to give you the post link which you never answered to?). And when I visited you in Chiayi, we spent most of our time out at your house watching conspiracy theory DVDs or talking about them. When we went into town with your parents for lunch, we went to places with very few girls or people in general.

Your challenge of "How can I get even ONE in 10,000 girls in the streets of Taipei to talk to me and make eye contact and even just "hang out"? does not sound too difficult. So the balls in your court man. Put-up or shut-up. Why not try out Taichung if Taipei is too far? I can meet you there and we can hit the streets for a couple days

BTW, I never claimed that you could become popular in Taiwan. I only stated that your view the whole NE Asian population as fitting one mold and that trying to convince you otherwise would be very difficult. You have a very closed mind about such things, fully buy into the cliche stereotypes, and do not acknowledge that in real life, many NE Asians do not fit this 100%.

Your also wrote, "You are essentially saying that a fish has to contract itself in order to fly. That makes no sense.". Here you are complicating a very simple point - Asking a fish to fly is asking it to do something which is not within its natural ability. Likewise, asking you to recognize that some NE Asians are not left brain nerds who can't think outta the box is asking you to do something which is not within the boundaries of your thinking. Did you miss that or were you just throwing out 'fast and loose' arguments as a distraction technique?

Winston, you portray Taiwan as if it were North Korea. Even though Momopi sometimes posts articles and photos which suggest otherwise, you remain tightly sealed in your thought box regarding Taiwan and NE Asians.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Repatriate wrote:
Winston wrote:
Repatriate wrote:
I've seen a couple interviews on youtube you've done as well. I think I have a pretty good idea using my own eyeballs what your general appearance is. I don't think you're ugly but you definitely look like you're in your 40's and an uncle type. That may be a reason why some Taiwanese women are a little uncomfortable with your approach.
40's? How so? I do not have that rugged worn look that men in their 40's have. No one thinks that except you.

So you don't think TW women being scared of strangers in general is a factor? Shawn in Taipei, who dates TW girls, admits that they spook like deer and you have to be very careful approaching them. Why don't you acknowledge that as a factor here?

Like I said, the camera and photos bloat my face and highlight blemishes that aren't as visible in person.

Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Repatriate wrote:

When I first came to Taiwan and spoke about 200 words of broken Chinese, I got frequent compliments on a daily basis from the locals telling me that my Chinese was so good or even excellent.

If you really wanna know what someone honestly thinks about you, have a 3rd party who is good with people and gaining their confidence quickly contact them independently and ask about you privately.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Rock wrote: Dude, I told you a long time ago to get your ass up to Taipei but you never followed-up (do you want me to give you the post link which you never answered to?). And when I visited you in Chiayi, we spent most of our time out at your house watching conspiracy theory DVDs or talking about them. When we went into town with your parents for lunch, we went to places with very few girls or people in general.

Your challenge of "How can I get even ONE in 10,000 girls in the streets of Taipei to talk to me and make eye contact and even just "hang out"? does not sound too difficult. So the balls in your court man. Put-up or shut-up. Why not try out Taichung if Taipei is too far? I can meet you there and we can hit the streets for a couple days

BTW, I never claimed that you could become popular in Taiwan. I only stated that your view the whole NE Asian population as fitting one mold and that trying to convince you otherwise would be very difficult. You have a very closed mind about such things, fully buy into the cliche stereotypes, and do not acknowledge that in real life, many NE Asians do not fit this 100%.

Your also wrote, "You are essentially saying that a fish has to contract itself in order to fly. That makes no sense.". Here you are complicating a very simple point - Asking a fish to fly is asking it to do something which is not within its natural ability. Likewise, asking you to recognize that some NE Asians are not left brain nerds who can't think outta the box is asking you to do something which is not within the boundaries of your thinking. Did you miss that or were you just throwing out 'fast and loose' arguments as a distraction technique?

Winston, you portray Taiwan as if it were North Korea. Even though Momopi sometimes posts articles and photos which suggest otherwise, you remain tightly sealed in your thought box regarding Taiwan and NE Asians.
When you came, you had to leave the next day. There wasn't enough time to do what I planned. You were in a rush.

I can meet you in Taipei and you can show me. I offered to before, but you seemed reluctant for some reason.

I can meet in Taipei or Taichung, if you are serious. When? Tomorrow? Neither of us know Taichung that well. But whatever is more convenient for you.

I am open to being proven wrong about NE Asians. Can you show me the blog of a freethinking TW person who does not have a follower/herd mentality?

If I'm wrong, how come in my family of 53 cousins, not one is a freethinker and all are conformist? I have a cousin in LA who reads New Age books, but she is still a workaholic who has had the same job at the post office for many years. But that's it. The other 52 cousins don't have a single free thought. How do you explain that?

If I'm wrong and freethinking is common with NE Asians, then how come many say I am the most freethinking one and the most outside the box? How do you explain that?

If I'm wrong, why can't you and Momopi show me the blog of any freethinking TW person who thinks outside the box and is a true skeptic and freethinker who can think outside the box?

Smart NE Asians are only smart in business, math and science, left brained stuff.

If I'm wrong, then I want to be shown. Stereotypes have nothing to do with this. I am merely reporting what I see FIRSTHAND. What is wrong with that?

If I'm wrong, show me.

Besides, most stereotypes have some truth in them, not for everyone, but for many.

Are you claiming that the MAJORITY of Chinese do not fit what I say? How much would you wager on that?

Finally, one more question: If I'm not unique and most Chinese are freethinkers, how come Peter, the Scotsman I met in Estonia who had been to 100 countries, said I'm the most Atypical Asian male he's ever met?

How do you explain that?

That doesn't support your hypothesis does it?

Can you clarify what your hypothesis is so we can prove/disprove it?

Otherwise, this is the kind of argument that you and Repatriate are having. I'll give a simple example:
Me:
Most people at boxing matches are men

You:
Not true. That's a stereotype. There are women here too.

Me: Yeah but just a few. Most are men.

You:
You are generalizing. Not ALL people here are men.

Me:
I never said 100 percent. I said most, in general.

You:
That is not true. There are women here. You are closed minded against seeing them.
You see how silly that is? It doesn't even address my claim, but twists it into a straw man.

How come me and Larry Elterman, a very down to earth person, don't have misunderstandings like that?

Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Winston wrote:
Rock wrote: Dude, I told you a long time ago to get your ass up to Taipei but you never followed-up (do you want me to give you the post link which you never answered to?). And when I visited you in Chiayi, we spent most of our time out at your house watching conspiracy theory DVDs or talking about them. When we went into town with your parents for lunch, we went to places with very few girls or people in general.

When you came, you had to leave the next day. There wasn't enough time to do what I planned. You were in a rush.

I can meet you in Taipei and you can show me. I offered to before, but you seemed reluctant for some reason.

I can meet in Taipei or Taichung, if you are serious. When? Tomorrow? Neither of us know Taichung that well. But whatever is more convenient for you.

I am open to being proven wrong about NE Asians. Can you show me the blog of a freethinking TW person who does not have a follower/herd mentality?

If I'm wrong, how come in my family of 53 cousins, not one is a freethinker and all are conformist? I have a cousin in LA who reads New Age books, but she is still a workaholic who has had the same job at the post office for many years. But that's it. The other 52 cousins don't have a single free thought. How do you explain that?

If I'm wrong and freethinking is common with NE Asians, then how come many say I am the most freethinking one and the most outside the box? How do you explain that?

If I'm wrong, why can't you and Momopi show me the blog of any freethinking TW person who thinks outside the box and is a true skeptic and freethinker who can think outside the box?

Smart NE Asians are only smart in business, math and science, left brained stuff.

If I'm wrong, then I want to be shown. Stereotypes have nothing to do with this. I am merely reporting what I see FIRSTHAND. What is wrong with that?

If I'm wrong, show me.

Besides, most stereotypes have some truth in them, not for everyone, but for many.

Are you claiming that the MAJORITY of Chinese do not fit what I say? How much would you wager on that?

Finally, one more question: If I'm not unique and most Chinese are freethinkers, how come Peter, the Scotsman I met in Estonia who had been to 100 countries, said I'm the most Atypical Asian male he's ever met?

How do you explain that?

That doesn't support your hypothesis does it?

Can you clarify what your hypothesis is so we can prove/disprove it?

Otherwise, this is the kind of argument that you and Repatriate are having. I'll give a simple example:
Me:
Most people at boxing matches are men

You:
Not true. That's a stereotype. There are women here too.

Me: Yeah but just a few. Most are men.

You:
You are generalizing. Not ALL people here are men.

Me:
I never said 100 percent. I said most, in general.

You:
That is not true. There are women here. You are closed minded against seeing them.
You see how silly that is? It doesn't even address my claim, but twists it into a straw man.

How come me and Larry Elterman, a very down to earth person, don't have misunderstandings like that?
1. For real. Lets meet in Taichung. I need a break from my routine and the gf here. Lets arrange it for next few days. Your TW mobile still up and running? And I'll try to arrange for more time this trip.

2. What is my hypothesis that you are referring to? I just think you are too hard on the Taiwanese and talk like most of them are like robots.

3. You are a unique quasi ABC but so are many other quasi or genuine ABCs/ABKs/ABJs. Watch "Ping Pong Playa" or let me introduce you to my friend "Crazy Robin" for a couple of examples. Also, I recently posted a Youtube of what I believe to be a Chinese descended ABThai who was unique in his own way and had garnered quite a following.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

Rock wrote: 3. You are a unique quasi ABC but so are many other quasi or genuine ABCs/ABKs/ABJs. Watch "Ping Pong Playa" or let me introduce you to my friend "Crazy Robin" for a couple of examples. Also, I recently posted a Youtube of what I believe to be a Chinese descended ABThai who was unique in his own way and had garnered quite a following.
I've known enough ABCs in my lifetime to see it run the full gamut from rather eccentric individuals like Winston all the way to former gangster/prison convicts. ABCs are just another slice of the U.S. population and everything Winston says about his perceived uniqueness is only about as unique as the next person with some unorthodox beliefs. There is no such thing as a massive exclusive clique of ABC's who think like automatons and are afraid to think outside the box. It's just some cultural barrier constructed in Winston's head that he's managed to apply to all people who are Chinese to him.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

Rock wrote: Your also wrote, "You are essentially saying that a fish has to contract itself in order to fly. That makes no sense.". Here you are complicating a very simple point - Asking a fish to fly is asking it to do something which is not within its natural ability. Likewise, asking you to recognize that some NE Asians are not left brain nerds who can't think outta the box is asking you to do something which is not within the boundaries of your thinking. Did you miss that or were you just throwing out 'fast and loose' arguments as a distraction technique?

@_@ Slightly OT, but there are over 50 species of fish with wings that fly/glide.
They're considered a delicacy in TW!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JRrvnvm ... h_response[/youtube]

Plug for TW tourism: Come and visit Orchid Island (Lanyu):

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyRuzGNd ... re=related[/youtube]

Deep fried flying fish: