Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.


Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife



View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile


Ladislav, do Russian women prefer big white men?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to Russia, Ukraine, or the former Soviet Republics.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Postby Winston » Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:55 am

Repatriate, you are mixing things that don't mix. Just cause a girl doesn't date asians doesn't mean she can't be my friend. I don't date black women, but I can befriend them if we have common interests.

Where do you get these strange rules?

I am like Amy Mainzer in that I'm an intellectual who is not a nerd.

Look up the definition of a nerd. I do not fit it. Show me any official definition of a nerd and how it applies to me.

I am normal and straightforward. Society is controlled, insane, and not free. Just because I am different from an insane society doesn't make me nerdy.

You are typical Asian. I'm not.

I'll bet you don't know anything about what Eric Fromm wrote do you? It's over your limited head.
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 23591
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:16 pm







Postby Repatriate » Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:55 am

Winston wrote:Repatriate,
We've all seen those groups of young asian nerdy girls with glasses who squeak like mice and look completely fearful of anything outside their little group. That's everywhere in Taiwan, and in America too. We've all seen it.

So why do you deny it?

Are you so pro-Asian that you won't admit obvious things? Sheesh. I thought you were intellectual. Guess I was wrong.

It's like you are denying that 2+2=4, due to Asian pride.

:lol: I'm so not the "pro-asian" biased guy you're casting me about to be that it's hilarious to even read it.

Like I said before Winston, when someone disagrees with your worldview you immediately flip out..that's a sure sign of emotional insecurity.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2533
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2008 6:39 pm

Postby Repatriate » Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:57 am

Winston wrote:Repatriate, you are mixing things that don't mix. Just cause a girl doesn't date asians doesn't mean she can't be my friend. I don't date black women, but I can befriend them if we have common interests.

Because people that use racial criteria are in fact implicitly racist and look down on you as an inferior even if they don't state it as such. Just like you Winston..you have a particular prejudice against Black women. Why is that?

I am normal and straightforward. Society is controlled, insane, and not free. Just because I am different from an insane society doesn't make me nerdy.

You are typical Asian. I'm not.

This is your answer for anything that criticizes your worldview.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2533
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2008 6:39 pm

Postby Winston » Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:58 am

Repatriate wrote:
Winston wrote:Repatriate,
We've all seen those groups of young asian nerdy girls with glasses who squeak like mice and look completely fearful of anything outside their little group. That's everywhere in Taiwan, and in America too. We've all seen it.

So why do you deny it?

Are you so pro-Asian that you won't admit obvious things? Sheesh. I thought you were intellectual. Guess I was wrong.

It's like you are denying that 2+2=4, due to Asian pride.

:lol: I'm so not the "pro-asian" biased guy you're casting me about to be that it's hilarious to even read it.

Like I said before Winston, when someone disagrees with your worldview you immediately flip out..that's a sure sign of emotional insecurity.


Not flip out. I'm just annoyed that we live in an upside down world where you aren't allowed to tell the truth. And it's annoying that you deny the obvious. I can say that 2+2=5 and argue with you about it too, but wouldn't that be annoying?

You have no f***ing proof for anything you say. I do. That makes you a BSer and me a doer with evidence and photographic proof.
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 23591
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:16 pm

Postby Winston » Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:00 am

Repatriate wrote:
Winston wrote:Repatriate, you are mixing things that don't mix. Just cause a girl doesn't date asians doesn't mean she can't be my friend. I don't date black women, but I can befriend them if we have common interests.

Because people that use racial criteria are in fact implicitly racist and look down on you as an inferior even if they don't state it as such. Just like you Winston..you have a particular prejudice against Black women. Why is that?

I am normal and straightforward. Society is controlled, insane, and not free. Just because I am different from an insane society doesn't make me nerdy.

You are typical Asian. I'm not.

This is your answer for anything that criticizes your worldview.


That's your definition. But the girls who don't like Asian men will say "I am not racist or putting them down. I'm just not attracted to them."

I'm not attracted to black women, but I can be friends with them if I like their personality.

Why does your narrow world view exclude that?
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 23591
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:16 pm

Postby Repatriate » Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:04 am

Winston wrote:Not flip out. I'm just annoyed that we live in an upside down world where you aren't allowed to tell the truth. And it's annoying that you deny the obvious. I can say that 2+2=5 and argue with you about it too, but wouldn't that be annoying?

What are the "obvious" things that I am denying? I just don't agree with your vast generalizations.

You have no f***ing proof for anything you say. I do. That makes you a BSer and me a doer with evidence and photographic proof.

What proof do you have for what? I've seen you pontificate at length about your own social opinions but opinions are not fact. Posting up pics of random crowds of people and trying to claim that all the people in a country are "this way" is not anything close to approaching fact.

You claim to be this open minded intellectual guy but you fit things neatly into your own categorization and stereotypes even if they are not typically mainstream. In effect you create your own worldview with its own stereotypes and when someone calls you out on it you get all angry and defensive because you also seem to lack emotional maturity.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2533
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2008 6:39 pm

Postby Repatriate » Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:12 am

Winston wrote:
Repatriate wrote:
Winston wrote:Repatriate, you are mixing things that don't mix. Just cause a girl doesn't date asians doesn't mean she can't be my friend. I don't date black women, but I can befriend them if we have common interests.

Because people that use racial criteria are in fact implicitly racist and look down on you as an inferior even if they don't state it as such. Just like you Winston..you have a particular prejudice against Black women. Why is that?

I am normal and straightforward. Society is controlled, insane, and not free. Just because I am different from an insane society doesn't make me nerdy.

You are typical Asian. I'm not.

This is your answer for anything that criticizes your worldview.


That's your definition. But the girls who don't like Asian men will say "I am not racist or putting them down. I'm just not attracted to them."

I'm not attracted to black women, but I can be friends with them if I like their personality.

Why does your narrow world view exclude that?

"I'm not racist and i'm not putting them down but I would never hire a black person because they just don't appeal to my work environment"

You see how that works now? When you exclude entire races it is definitely racist even though people won't admit it or will often throw in an asterix there to try and make it look like something else. Even racially biased personal preferences like attraction can be traced to other reasons such as a belief in racial stereotypes, race aesthetics, etc..

Winston, I hate to say it, but the fact that you automatically exclude black women is indeed racist. Think about why you do so..you have your own preconceived notions of what black women are based on the stereotypes. What about black supermodels? Are you seriously saying you wouldn't date one if the opportunity was presented to you?
Repatriate
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2533
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2008 6:39 pm

Postby Winston » Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:22 am

Repatriate,
This is ridiculous. You just make bogus claims and then when I legitimately challenge them based on reality, you play games and turn my words against me. That's not what a serious person does.

You are likely just a bogus BSer like some and if I analyzed your claims and checked them out, they'd turn out to be BS. Just like the guy who claimed he was paying $1000 a month for an empty forum that probably doesn't exist. And the guy who says his braces cost $10,000 cause mine cost only $2000.

At least I don't BS. That makes me the sanest of all.

I'm not playing word games with you. You either talk reality or you don't.
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 23591
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:16 pm

Postby Winston » Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:26 am

Repatriate wrote:
Winston wrote:Not flip out. I'm just annoyed that we live in an upside down world where you aren't allowed to tell the truth. And it's annoying that you deny the obvious. I can say that 2+2=5 and argue with you about it too, but wouldn't that be annoying?

What are the "obvious" things that I am denying? I just don't agree with your vast generalizations.

You have no f***ing proof for anything you say. I do. That makes you a BSer and me a doer with evidence and photographic proof.

What proof do you have for what? I've seen you pontificate at length about your own social opinions but opinions are not fact. Posting up pics of random crowds of people and trying to claim that all the people in a country are "this way" is not anything close to approaching fact.

You claim to be this open minded intellectual guy but you fit things neatly into your own categorization and stereotypes even if they are not typically mainstream. In effect you create your own worldview with its own stereotypes and when someone calls you out on it you get all angry and defensive because you also seem to lack emotional maturity.


If I am wrong about the majority of what I describe, then explain why. Where's your proof?

If most TW guys I see act gay and nerdy, which we all know, and you challenge it, then what is your claim? That most TW guys are not that way?

I see what I see. It's not confirmation bias. It's there.

On what logical basis do you say that I'm wrong? And where is your proof? Where is your proof that most TW are open, sociable, cool, hip, etc?

You saying that someone who tells someone to "f**k off" is nerdy. That's bullshit dude. And you know it. No one ever says that but you. Nerds don't have the guts to do that. Even Hollywood admits that.

You just make up your own definition randomly. You disagree just for the hell of it, with no logical reason. Well what can I do? I can disagree with you that 2=2=4 too. So what?

You got no proof of what you say or that I'm wrong.
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 23591
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:16 pm

Postby Winston » Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:28 am

Repatriate wrote:"I'm not racist and i'm not putting them down but I would never hire a black person because they just don't appeal to my work environment"

You see how that works now? When you exclude entire races it is definitely racist even though people won't admit it or will often throw in an asterix there to try and make it look like something else. Even racially biased personal preferences like attraction can be traced to other reasons such as a belief in racial stereotypes, race aesthetics, etc..

Winston, I hate to say it, but the fact that you automatically exclude black women is indeed racist. Think about why you do so..you have your own preconceived notions of what black women are based on the stereotypes. What about black supermodels? Are you seriously saying you wouldn't date one if the opportunity was presented to you?


It depends on how you want to define racism. Most people have racial preferences. They are normal. So what? Would you date black women?

If a black woman was hot and lighter skinned, maybe I would date her. But not in general, no. I don't think Halle Berra is attractive either.

I don't think blacks are inferior. I just am not attracted to black women, and most on this forum aren't either.

I have had many black friends though.

People have food preferences and tastes, so why wouldn't they have racial tastes?

Taste is real. Not everything is the same. Welcome to the real world.

Dude you are so frickin narrow. My God. I thought this forum was full of intellectuals.
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 23591
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:16 pm

Postby Repatriate » Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:39 am

Winston wrote:Repatriate,
This is ridiculous. You just make bogus claims and then when I legitimately challenge them based on reality, you play games and turn my words against me. That's not what a serious person does.

Actually, i'm not playing games i'm just using your own arguments in the opposite direction and you're getting so flustered because you're not used to having your worldview challenged on this forum.
You are likely just a bogus BSer like some and if I analyzed your claims and checked them out, they'd turn out to be BS. Just like the guy who claimed he was paying $1000 a month for an empty forum that probably doesn't exist. And the guy who says his braces cost $10,000 cause mine cost only $2000.

How am I a bogus BSer? Here you go with the ad hominem attacks again. What have I claimed that is BS?
At least I don't BS. That makes me the sanest of all.

I'm not playing word games with you. You either talk reality or you don't.

Reality is based on perception. You have created your own reality and anyone that disagrees offends you deeply because it shakes the very foundation of your core personality and ego.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2533
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2008 6:39 pm

Postby Repatriate » Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:43 am

Winston wrote:
It depends on how you want to define racism. Most people have racial preferences. They are normal. So what? Would you date black women?

For someone who calls themself intellectual and open minded your categorization of people and your acceptance of racism is disturbingly mainstream.

If a black woman was hot and lighter skinned, maybe I would date her. But not in general, no. I don't think Halle Berra is attractive either.

So you stereotype black women based on race aesthetics. How novel. You realize if you have these beliefs yourself that when someone racially discriminates against you then you have no cause to complain because then it would be hypocritical.

I don't think blacks are inferior. I just am not attracted to black women, and most on this forum aren't either.

Just in the same way that some western women racially classify men based on racial aesthetics too. You are not open minded at all.

I have had many black friends though.

"I have black friends but.." :lol:

People have food preferences and tastes, so why wouldn't they have racial tastes?

Then you have no right to complain about racism because you are actually racist yourself.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2533
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2008 6:39 pm

Postby Rock » Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:47 am

1. Definitions: Guys, words like nerd, geek, dork, normie, ect. are slang and colloquial. Their meanings can vary depending on what circles they are used in. I mean, they might have different meanings to different siblings in the same family if those brothers and sisters each hang-out with very different types of people.

I think the best source for various definitions for these types of words can be found in the online urban dictionary. From that source, you can get the reads from many types of people for a given word or expression.

BTW, Winston, you definitely do match some of the definitions of "nerd" from that source IMO.

2. Stereotypes of Taiwanese/Asians: As I've said before, Asians tend to get the short end of the stick as far as they are portrayed by the media and perceived by western youth culture. But not all Taiwanese are the way you describe them, not even most. Taiwan is full of blue collar types who tend not to be this way. Ditto for the members of the various gangs Taiwan and China are famous for. I lived Kang-Ding St. in Wan Hua for awhile and majority of the Taiwanese I saw there were quite rough looking. Check out the kids who ride around on motorcycles Taichung county, often trying to stir-up trouble. These days, Taipei and other Taiwan cities have a lot of heroin addicted people too. Visit the lower-end vocational schools and you see a lot of meaner looking people. Even on a visit to Kuang Hua electronics market last year, I saw a lot of people who carried themselves in tough way (definitely not nerdy or geeky even though its a computer market). The guy on the third floor who unlocked my iPhone had a take-no-shit look too and had a respectable build to boot (195 cm tall and fairly strong).

BTW, a good movie, based on true events) about over achieving Asians who learned to act tough (even committing murder) is "Better Luck Tomorrow" directed by Justin Lin. Its available in Taiwan in many DVD shops.

3. Another approach: Winston and others, what do you think of this Asian guys approach? I think he's Thai American but he looks like at least part of his ancestry originally came from East Asia. Sure, he's borrowing heavily (copying) from another culture. But perhaps he has a social life of abundance in the States in spite of not being particularly good looking. What do you think?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w87ERgj6RG8

http://www.youtube.com/user/TimothyDeLaGhetto2
Last edited by Rock on Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4118
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:16 pm

Postby Repatriate » Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:48 am

Winston wrote:[
Would you date black women?

This little tidbit deserves its own thread. Yes I would Winston and I have before. An attractive woman is an attractive woman regardless of race. I have also dated latinas before as well. This is also why I thought your comments about black women was so silly. I bet you get most of your stereotypical conceptions (including of yourself and other asians) from the media...open minded? Pfft.

That's another reason why I thought your "pro-asian" comments were so hilarious. I've probably dated far more non-asian women than asian women.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2533
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2008 6:39 pm

Postby Repatriate » Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:53 am

Rock wrote:
3. Another approach: Winston and others, what do you think of this Asian guys approach? I think he's Thai American but he looks like at least part of his ancestry originally came from East Asia. Sure, he's borrowing heavily (copying) from another culture. But perhaps he has a social life of abundance in the States in spite of not being particularly good looking. What do you think?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w87ERgj6RG8

http://www.youtube.com/user/TimothyDeLaGhetto2

:lol:

I grew up with a lot of asian guys who dressed and acted like that. They usually raced expensive import cars and had hot girlfriends. So yeah it does work but you have to entrench yourself in that sort of subculture and it's just not for everyone. For instance imagining Winston walking around with a doo-rag and slinging gangster rhymes would be unspeakably hilarious. :lol:
Repatriate
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2533
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2008 6:39 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Russia, Ukraine, Former Soviet Republics

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest