Beware of current Russian/Ukranian scammers like this one:

Expose or warn others about scams and scammers, or shady business practices. Expose those that have cheated you or ripped you off. Caution: Before naming specific individuals or groups, make sure that they really wronged you and that there was no misunderstanding. Otherwise your post may constitute slander or libel if it contains false information.
YoucancallmeAl
Freshman Poster

Beware of current Russian/Ukranian scammers like this one:

Post by YoucancallmeAl »

Damn! I thought this girl was real because her photos seemed kinda below-average for a Ukrainian, i.e.- she wasn't model-perfect and was even sorta goofy looking with cross-eyes (although like ALL Ukrainians she had a hot body) and she dressed kinda modest instead of overtly sexy in her several photos. I exchanged several emails with her over the last week.
But when I googled her email address I got this:
http://anti-scam.de/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB. ... 85941252/0

Anyone speak German? I clicked on English at the "change language" option at top right of screen but everything stayed in German except for the reproductions of her emails, which are word-for-word the exact emails she's been sending me. Except I fortunately haven't gotten to the stage yet where her "translation service" emails me to tell me she's run out of money and I need to pay to read more translations from her.

So I pretty much get the gist of the scam now and will cease communications with her, but I'd still like to know what these guys are saying in German. Can anyone tell me? Thanks,
Al

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

globetrotter
Experienced Poster

Re: Beware of current Russian/Ukranian scammers like this on

Post by globetrotter »

YoucancallmeAl wrote: Except I fortunately haven't gotten to the stage yet where her "translation service" emails me to tell me she's run out of money and I need to pay to read more translations from her.
Do any of you need to have it explained that once she sends you that email, that it's a scam?

Is there something else you need to see, or know, or realize, before you can conceptualize that it's a scam?

Just email them until they pull a stunt like this, and then spam-folder her address and move on. No harm done.

You do not need to be warned, unless there is something lacking in your awareness of the world at large.
YoucancallmeAl
Freshman Poster

Re: Beware of current Russian/Ukranian scammers like this on

Post by YoucancallmeAl »

globetrotter wrote:
YoucancallmeAl wrote: Except I fortunately haven't gotten to the stage yet where her "translation service" emails me to tell me she's run out of money and I need to pay to read more translations from her.
Do any of you need to have it explained that once she sends you that email, that it's a scam?

Is there something else you need to see, or know, or realize, before you can conceptualize that it's a scam?

Just email them until they pull a stunt like this, and then spam-folder her address and move on. No harm done.

You do not need to be warned, unless there is something lacking in your awareness of the world at large.
Globetrotter, you're completely misunderstanding me.
OF COURSE I would know it's a scam as soon as I got that send-money-for-translation email.
OF COURSE I do not need that explained to me. I'm not a moron.
Got it?

The problem is all the wasted time and energy emailing back and forth BEFORE the scam reveals itself.
So the question is:
How can we best recognize and thus avoid wasting our time with such scammers long before they make it obvious with an appeal for money.

I was already getting a little suspicious because of all her overly flowery, gushingly romantic, and sentimental messages. (which are reproduced at the link in the first post) That would naturally be a red flag to me that would signal a possible scammer. But when I brought this concern up to others on this board,
viewtopic.php?p=30239#30239
they said that that's just the way foreign women are. They like to be more romantic and flowery in their communications with someone they just met and they can often fall in love right away.
So which is true?
Obviously in this case, it was a scammer and my suspicions were proven correct.
But if this is the normal communication style for foreign women, was her being a scammer just a coincidence?