Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Ukraine's Rich and their Lives- slide show

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to Russia, Ukraine, or the former Soviet Republics.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Postby Google » Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:33 pm

"Puzata Huta"

it's Ukrainian Network of inexpensive restaurants like McDonalds.

"normal life"

subjectively...
most people really have "normal life" with $300 (outside big cities) - 1000 per month , but some of them consider themselves "poor"...
Google
Freshman Poster

Postby ladislav » Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:11 am

Sorry guys all those videos have been blocked. If you want to see some, go to youtube and type in

Ukraine Rich

New ones will come up.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Jester » Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:45 am

djfourmoney wrote:As always for White Men its easy to blame people that don't look just like you for the problems in your country - :roll:

Ladislav correct identify most of the reasons for decline. There a similar rant going on in Western Europe but they aren't blaming immigration, they are correctly blaming the native population. Women have more choices so many are choosing not to have children until their careers are on track. By the time that happens, they are usually in their late 20's, early 30's.

[youtube]nBEsU56zxqg[/youtube]

Then women start using all means to them (friends, internet, etc) to find a mate which explains web sites being dominated by women between 30 and 45 years old, five years beyond the end of ideal child bearing age. IVF cost $7-10K per treatment and I don't understand this Western pre-occupation with having children when you can truly afford it . Did you parents have that concern? In those days (if your Gen X) your boss or company usually gave Christmas bounces and in smaller companies, the owner would understand you're having children and would offer increased wages.

William F Buckley was one of the champions of reducing wages in America because he felt that Americans in the 60's where too secure with their society that they could say No to War and Fight For Equal Rights, which was disruptive to the White Male Power Structure. With more Women in the workforce than ever starting in the mid 1970s, who was left to take care of the children? Another societal error, no real work-life balance.

Now that Women have reached financial equality with men, not all women of course, that's impossible. But they have made it, running successful multi-billion dollar companies (sometimes not so well), but reaching higher office in politics, those are all welcomed gains but they come at a price. The price is less children being born and nurtured by their mothers.

Europe says this as a problem and combined with their more robust social safety net they offer incentives to have children, largely not working but some are taking advantage of it. This is why countries like Denmark have looked to immigration but mostly wanting others from the EU and other Western Countries.

If Europe ceases to exist and the Latinos finally re-take control of the Americas from the United States, its nobody's f***ing fault but the White Men in power who are blinded by their own personal selfishness to see that there's any problem or they'll just paper over it with money.

We need a Revolution but until that happens, go find a woman that is ready and willing to receive your speed and bare your children and is more than happy to do so.

Don't be like most of the guys looking into Eastern Europe for social equals, women with advance degrees and jobs either in finance or engineering/sciences.

I am a proponent of marrying European women as a American because its also the least disruptive of my own life. As my trainer once said, work SMARTER not HARDER. If you have to go into Eastern Europe, SE Asia or South America to find a suitable mate fine, but don't overlook places without any Visa restrictions, its not like all the available women have left, on the contrary, majority of them have stayed, scared of change, taking care of aging parents, finishing school, whatever.

Women in general are not the adventurous nomads that Men are, that's why you only see Emilia Earhart types only every few generations and those women aren't missed because they aren't that attractive.

You are the man, GO GET YOUR PRIZE.

+1 for this LEGENDARY summation.

DJ, what do you mean by Europeans being less disruptive of your life? Do you mean to say that they are easier to bring back here for a trial live-together? Like German girl instead of Ukrainian?
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Jester » Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:59 am

Repatriate wrote:
Google wrote:
Repatriate wrote:GDP stats aren't done by polls or any other unreliable methods but actual economic and calculations. You can only hide so many billions and it will still reflect on larger economic projection data. It's pretty obvious how wealthy a country "really" is by their import/export stats and other figures.

Although GDP is often used to measure how well off people are in a material sense, it has serious deficiencies as a measure of economic welfare.
2010 Thailand's GDP (PPP) per capita - $9187, Ukraine's - only $6700. But Thailand richer than Ukraine only "on paper"

Look on other figures:

According to a UN-Habitat report, in the Thailand 26% of urban population live in slums! in Ukraine - 3% (<)
2009 UN Human Development Report shown: in Thailand 11,5 % of population living under 2 dollar (PPP) a day, in Ukraine - under 2% population
Human Development Index (HDI) : Thailand (0.654 (medium human developmnt, 92nd in the world) Ukraine (0.710 (high human development) 71 )

I think this is enough.

The human development index measures other things aside from monetary prosperity but also quality of healthcare, education etc.. Ukraine's 71 is still really low and i'll stand by the comparison. Actually Malaysia, Libya, Cuba, and Mexico even ranks higher than the Ukraine which is pretty bad to be honest. Libya even went through a war fairly recently. Anything outside of the first 30 places is usually terrible and most of the world is still mired in poverty, inequality, and terrible health standards.

I have a question. If you doubt the income stats from economists and business trade where is all this Ukrainian secret money hidden away at? What competitive global industry is the Ukraine involved in? Where does this mystery wealth come from? Magic beans? You seem to have a poor understanding of global trade. Even hidden "black" money paid under the table is traceable in trade statistics when you sift through import/export data. Especially if a large portion of the population are buying Bentleys and private jets like you are trying to claim in here. That would be extremely noticeable.

Just because you spotted some rich oligarch's corrupt worthless son and model girlfriend cruising around in his Ferrari doesn't mean the Ukraine is doing great.

I see that shit all the time in Thailand as well.

Let's look at the CIA worldfactbook real quick..

GDP - composition by sector:
Field info displayed for all countries in alpha order.
agriculture: 9.4%
industry: 33.6%
services: 57% (2010 est.)
Labor force:
22.02 million (2010 est.)
country comparison to the world: 29
Labor force - by occupation:
agriculture: 15.8%
industry: 18.5%
services: 65.7% (2008)
Unemployment rate:
8.1% (2010 est.)
country comparison to the world: 93
8.8% (2009 est.)
note: officially registered; large number of unregistered or underemployed workers
Population below poverty line:
35% (2009)

The vast majority of the country is in the "service" industry which means it's heavily weighted towards domestic economy and not competitive global trade.

The Ukraine also exports a lot of natural resources oil, metals, etc.. to Russia and imports finished goods in return. That's even worse.

That explains where all the wealth goes..to rich resource oligarch's who flaunt it in the faces of the regular population. That's not rich it's called corruption.

I am no expert on stats, but do keep in mind that measures are designed to measure quantifiable, taxable output. Grandma's handrolled blinki do not get measured, nor does a day at the beach.

Living standards were higher in America in 1969 than they are now. Steak every night if you wanted. Mom cooked. I know, I was there.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Jester » Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:08 am

This is an excellent, useful thread.

To think, over on RooshVForum they were calling Ukraine the "Industrial Shithole".

The above pics are so stellar and sumptuous that I am a bit daunted. Not sure I can play at that level!
"Pick a point and go to it."
-- Dr John Hunsucker, speaking about canoeing on Georgia's Lake Lanier, with its irregular shape, and 1000 miles of meandering shoreline
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Jester » Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:43 am

OK just a couple of videos about the Ukrainian upper class that you guys missed:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XL6dHL563bo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkB9OT2XVvA
-- Dr John Hunsucker, speaking about canoeing on Georgia's Lake Lanier, with its irregular shape, and 1000 miles of meandering shoreline
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Jester » Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:13 am

And on a slightly more serious note... where I live, these girls would be receiving a LOT more attention:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&featu ... 6aWhPq7_Ec
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Google » Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:04 pm

People on the street... Street fashion... Life ( Middle Class
Kyiv, Odessa and Lviv:

http://afishalviv.net

http://nedoma.com.ua
by Olesia Kuzminska

http://modotopia.blogspot.com
Last edited by Google on Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Google
Freshman Poster

Postby Google » Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:06 pm

Marine Residence "Maristella Club" is the won the annual all-Ukrainian prize "Luxury Lifestyle Awards" for achievement in the luxury industry in the "Urban Residential"
"Maristella Club" - more than 20 thousand square meters of respectability, style and comfort...

Start of construction - July 2007
Commissioning - 1st Quarter 2012

http://maristella.com.ua

http://jetsetter.ua

^^ the owner of "Maristella Club" Vyacheslav Kruk, one of the 7311 Ukrainian millionaires.

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthrea ... 09&page=11

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQZHMEYfUs0[/youtube]
^^ advert. villas for the rich in Odesa
Google
Freshman Poster

Postby Jester » Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:22 pm

Google wrote:People on the street... Street fashion... Life ( Middle Class
Kyiv, Odessa and Lviv:

by Olesia Kuzminska

Jesus f***ing Christ Almighty --- Where are the MEN?
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby zboy1 » Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:43 am

LOL, no kidding dude. All the men look like metrosexual hipster fa*s. There's enough of those idiots in NYC where I live.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby ladislav » Sat Aug 04, 2012 2:01 am

To American eyes, these men look gay, but they are not. They dress in bright colors to attract girls. In America one would label them metrosexual/homosexual but only if they are on the American soil.

I myself used to dress like that when a teenager to drive girls nuts. Carried a guitar on my shoulder, too.

Homosexuality in that country is rare and is not accepted. No one there would think those guys gay. It is called refined and sophisticated and meant to attract the opposite sex. Those boys and girls screw like rabbits. An American man who dresses like a truck driver or an American woman who dresses like a sewer cleaner would not do well there.

These males below are NOT gay:

See my point?

The problem that most Americans have with understanding Europeans is because Europeans are of white race so most Americans try and judge them by the US standards applying US labels. If say, Indians or Africans or some Asians wore bright ethnic clothes, most Americans would not think of them as gay but as ethnically colorful. But knit brows and frowns meet such East Euros and labels start flying. They look gay, they are f-gs, metro, etc.

This used to be a problem in East L. A. when guys from back East invaded the area. Many white guys used to beat up Chicanos because they looked like gigolos to them and weird, etc. Wearing drab clothes or rat and sparrow colors is the Anglo thing. Everyone who does not do that is a f-g unless he is a visible ethnic minority who is allowed to do that. I say, get over it, guys.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Jester » Sat Aug 04, 2012 3:02 am

Ah, g'wahn! Google searched CyrillicDorks.com for the Dorkiest of 2011. Now Ladislav is backing him up.

Not buying it.

Good try, guys. Not buying it.

I saw a Ukrainian nuclear missile just 8-9 years ago.

Tell me it ain't so, Joe. Tell me it ain't so.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Jester » Sat Aug 04, 2012 3:05 am

Where have all the kovboikas gone??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPR108kwNo4
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby DevilsAdvocate » Sat Aug 04, 2012 3:33 am

Jester wrote:
Google wrote:People on the street... Street fashion... Life ( Middle Class
Kyiv, Odessa and Lviv:

by Olesia Kuzminska

And I thought I dressed bad, and that Americans dressed bad, yikes.....

My vote is the for the guy with the teal green shirt and blue shoes, but he's got serious competition from the blonde guy with the red shirt on with those cute short shorts, now that is what I call a cute little outfit for man......

ROTFLOL.....

You stud, I bet you are good with the ladies, no?

It looks like a very different place that's for sure, where everybody is happy and flowers everywhere and girls riding around on their bikes and everybody is so happy, it looks like the yellow submarine is working there.....

Let's see, backwards hillbillies, cocky Latins, yellow submarine land, or opportunistic south east asia.....hmmm, decisions decisions.....

I will admit that the yellow submarine doesn't look that bad :-)

I'm not sure how I would look though in a red shirt with those short shorts though, ROTFLOL....

As long as these dudes aren't gay I don't care one bit how they dress. Interesting looking place though....
DevilsAdvocate
Freshman Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Russia, Ukraine, Former Soviet Republics