Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.


Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife



View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile


Are Latina women not for me?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to Latin America, Mexico, or Central America.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Are Latina women not for me?

Postby Iawesome60 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:03 pm

I asked this question because:
1. Been on latinamericancupid. Difficult for a beautiful Latina women to show interest. Some I sent interest to sent me interest (which is a plus).
2. Growing up nearly all of the attractive Latina women weren't attracted to me for some reason.
3. I did some research and someone has been striking out with Latina women when he went to Latin America countries. Is it possible that they are like American women and/or they have issues on what beauty should look like in a man? For example, if you look like a nerd to them, they wouldn't touch you with a 10 foot pole.

I do find Latina women attractive. It seems to me that it is easy to strike out on the attractive ones. I know one thing for sure, I will not let anyone to tell me to lower my standards. That is like telling me I should date someone i'm not attracted to (which is lying in my book because when you date someone, you're telling them you're attracted to them).
There aren't many attractive women (inside and outside) in America. A man wants a physically attractive woman with attractive personality traits. American women usually don't have that combination.

Ever since I found Winston's website and read the information on there, my life has been much easier and I've been a MUCH more happier person!

No matter how good she looks, some other guy is sick and tired of putting up with her crap. ~Author Unknown (Quote about women)
Iawesome60
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 217
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2011 5:30 am







Postby djfourmoney » Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:12 pm

I keep saying it, most Americans don't know. Its only been brought up once on Sirius Radio by Soledad O'Brien because she's Afro-Latino, she did the research.

Blacks are seen as LOWER class in much of Latin America. Just look at their media, social, cultural structure and who controls the politics in those countries. They almost all have White Skin.

The poorest people are often Native Indians, West Indians and African decent in Latina America, see the correlation?

When they find out your American, that feeling changes slightly but you don't become widely accepted in Latin America. However, that being said...

Like anything else in the life of a Black Man, that shouldn't concern you. Would you call J-Lo ugly? She had Puffy's dick up in her constantly for a couple of years. They only broke up because she wanted to have a child and Puffy's dumb ass already has 4 kids, three with Kim Porter. So you can find attractive Latinas, you'll just have to work harder for them than White Men but I hardly see that as a problem.
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 3129
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:09 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Postby Kunold » Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:51 am

Do you know Spanish well? Im Latino myself yet have a hard time with most(All) Latinas due to not knowing any Spanish and also probably not coming off as a bad boy.
Kunold
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 131
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:24 pm
Location: West coast

Postby DaRick » Fri Apr 08, 2011 3:25 am

My thoughts as a white 21 year old Australian who couldn't speak Spanish (now I just speak really bad Spanish):

1) I find that they reciprocate at least half the time when you send interest.
2) They are usually very nice.
3) English proficiency is often bad, but rarely nonexistent except maybe in Colombia for some reason.
4) Blacks do indeed tend to be poorer than other racial groups, so they speak less English.
5) Maybe our age counts against us. We are only in our early 20's (I'm one year older than you, I think). Many Latina women prefer dating older guys because of how many Latino guys our age behave (according to this Peruvian girl I spoke to, anyway).
6) Some liked that I didn't drink or smoke; most did not mind.
7) None of them were bothered by me having Asperger's Syndrome.

I must also say that the 'bad boy' thing is irrelevant and even detrimental when dating Latinas from South America (the same Peruvian girl attacked Peruvian guys for being 'players'). Many of them are in disbelief when I tell them how Australian girls actually like those types.
DaRick
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 296
Joined: Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:59 am
Location: Brisbane, Queensland, AUS

Postby djfourmoney » Sat Apr 09, 2011 2:49 am

Kunold wrote:Do you know Spanish well? Im Latino myself yet have a hard time with most(All) Latinas due to not knowing any Spanish and also probably not coming off as a bad boy.


Its been said as an American Man (Black) speaking Spanish is a slight advantage but honestly and I say this often too; Unless you're going to live in her country, she needs to learn English more than you need to learn Spanish. This NEVER comes up with White Men, I think other men often see it as gaining some sort of advantage, its not worth spending hours with various software.

You can get a Latina but its more likely she's have brown to dark brown skin. Of the Dominican Women I have seen on LatinEuro that give Beyonce a run for her money, I can live with that.

Don't worry about it, get on the plane, go on a tour (about 50-70% less than going to Europe or Asia) and you can find a woman, plenty of them. Yikes get out of the scarcity mindset. In America good looking, fairly thin women are hard to find, the ones available are available for a reason or two. In the rest of the world, I know its hard to believe but in Asia, South America and Eastern Europe, there are millions of women that will never get married and never have children because there just aren't enough MEN.

That is your CUE to Save Your Money, Get A Passport and Go where they are!

Costa Rica and Dominican Republic are fairly close by, for STARTERS
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 3129
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:09 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Postby djfourmoney » Sat Apr 09, 2011 2:54 am

DaRick wrote:My thoughts as a white 21 year old Australian who couldn't speak Spanish (now I just speak really bad Spanish):

1) I find that they reciprocate at least half the time when you send interest.
2) They are usually very nice.
3) English proficiency is often bad, but rarely nonexistent except maybe in Colombia for some reason.
4) Blacks do indeed tend to be poorer than other racial groups, so they speak less English.
5) Maybe our age counts against us. We are only in our early 20's (I'm one year older than you, I think). Many Latina women prefer dating older guys because of how many Latino guys our age behave (according to this Peruvian girl I spoke to, anyway).
6) Some liked that I didn't drink or smoke; most did not mind.
7) None of them were bothered by me having Asperger's Syndrome.

I must also say that the 'bad boy' thing is irrelevant and even detrimental when dating Latinas from South America (the same Peruvian girl attacked Peruvian guys for being 'players'). Many of them are in disbelief when I tell them how Australian girls actually like those types.


Well be honest, what is your #1 goal as a man under 25? It usually getting laid unless its difficult for you then you might find something else to pursue.

Well take that and turn it up to 11 in Latin America. The main complaint of Latin Women in all countries is that men are UNFAITHFUL. Western Men are thought to be very family oriented and faithful, so that works in your favor to be slightly older. But if your in your mid-20, then aim at women under 21 (18-21).
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 3129
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:09 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Postby DaRick » Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:48 am

djfourmoney wrote:
DaRick wrote:My thoughts as a white 21 year old Australian who couldn't speak Spanish (now I just speak really bad Spanish):

1) I find that they reciprocate at least half the time when you send interest.
2) They are usually very nice.
3) English proficiency is often bad, but rarely nonexistent except maybe in Colombia for some reason.
4) Blacks do indeed tend to be poorer than other racial groups, so they speak less English.
5) Maybe our age counts against us. We are only in our early 20's (I'm one year older than you, I think). Many Latina women prefer dating older guys because of how many Latino guys our age behave (according to this Peruvian girl I spoke to, anyway).
6) Some liked that I didn't drink or smoke; most did not mind.
7) None of them were bothered by me having Asperger's Syndrome.

I must also say that the 'bad boy' thing is irrelevant and even detrimental when dating Latinas from South America (the same Peruvian girl attacked Peruvian guys for being 'players'). Many of them are in disbelief when I tell them how Australian girls actually like those types.


Well be honest, what is your #1 goal as a man under 25? It usually getting laid unless its difficult for you then you might find something else to pursue.


Nah, not really. That applies to many guys, admittedly, but if I get sex, then great. Otherwise, I masturbate to relieve any sexual tension. Its not that big a deal. The main thing is to build up a rapport with these women and hopefully I will meet one of them and take it further.

The main reason why I look overseas is because Anglo women are often horrible human beings. I do not want to have sex with people I loathe. I just cannot do it.

I do get annoyed when Anglo guys accuse me of trying to solicit prostitutes overseas - no, that is what they would do. There are more constructive things one can do with themselves - like build up a decent future.

Well take that and turn it up to 11 in Latin America. The main complaint of Latin Women in all countries is that men are UNFAITHFUL. Western Men are thought to be very family oriented and faithful, so that works in your favor to be slightly older. But if your in your mid-20, then aim at women under 21 (18-21).


Yeah, that's what this Peruvian girl told me (and then I told her some stories of my own about Anglo girls, which simply blew her away). I'm 21; aiming at girls around my age will suffice.
DaRick
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 296
Joined: Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:59 am
Location: Brisbane, Queensland, AUS

Postby DaRick » Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:06 am

djfourmoney wrote:
Kunold wrote:Do you know Spanish well? Im Latino myself yet have a hard time with most(All) Latinas due to not knowing any Spanish and also probably not coming off as a bad boy.


Its been said as an American Man (Black) speaking Spanish is a slight advantage but honestly and I say this often too; Unless you're going to live in her country, she needs to learn English more than you need to learn Spanish. This NEVER comes up with White Men, I think other men often see it as gaining some sort of advantage, its not worth spending hours with various software.


The Latinas I've spoken to all at least understand English (though fluency varies from country to country), so they're very happy to teach me Spanish. So you probably don't need to spend much (that software can be expensive).
DaRick
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 296
Joined: Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:59 am
Location: Brisbane, Queensland, AUS

Postby well-informed » Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:01 am

@ lawesome60

Yea i don't think latinas are right for you
well-informed
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 475
Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:46 am
Location: New York City

Postby MarkDY » Sat May 14, 2011 2:26 am

Many blacks in Costa Rica, Nicaragua and Panama speak English. Many are descendents of Jamaicans other English speaking Caribbean islanders who moved to Panama to work on the Panama Canal and stayed. Many settled Caribbean coast and stay isolated from the Spanish speaking communities. In Costa Rica they were denied citizenship until the 1960s.
MarkDY
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 180
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:22 am
Location: Annapolis

Postby Iawesome60 » Sat May 14, 2011 5:20 am

Interesting observations. Yes, I speak spanish. Aprendi espanol de mi escuela y mi universidad. My number 1 goal is to find a woman to be with (hitting and running is not on my mind). At the end of the day if a woman doesn't want you, you shouldn't stress over it. She has a good reason :D . I shouldn't be stressing over this.
There aren't many attractive women (inside and outside) in America. A man wants a physically attractive woman with attractive personality traits. American women usually don't have that combination.

Ever since I found Winston's website and read the information on there, my life has been much easier and I've been a MUCH more happier person!

No matter how good she looks, some other guy is sick and tired of putting up with her crap. ~Author Unknown (Quote about women)
Iawesome60
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 217
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2011 5:30 am

Postby E_Irizarry » Sat May 14, 2011 4:08 pm

Dude just go for it. Vale de tomar k se lo arriesga. Quien nada arriesga nada gana.
"I appreciate the opportunities I have in America. Opportunities that allow me to live abroad." **Smiles** - Have2Fly@H.A. (2013)

"The only way to overcome that is to go abroad to get a broad."
- E. Irizarry (2009)

"MGTOW resilience is the key to foreign residence. You better muthafuckin' ask somebody!!"
- E. Irizarry (2012)

"I rather be ostracized by 157.0 million (27.3% of the US of Gay pop), then to appease 1 feminist." - E. Irizarry (2013)

TanBoy by DNA | Despedido, Hugo Chavez...Descansa en paz!
E_Irizarry
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2352
Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2008 8:07 am
Location: The Corporation ( the U.S. of Gay )

Postby Contrarian Expatriate » Sat May 14, 2011 11:04 pm

Latina women, while often attractive, are the most batshit crazy, spoiled rotten, skin color conscious women on the face of the planet. Any black men who score with Latina women are dealing with prostitutes, opportunists, or the bottom of the barrel desperate types.

Don't waste your time with Latina women unless you are clearly white, blond, or fair-skinned. It is rare that Latina women would want anything to do with ethnic men, and it they did, their meddling families would object and give holy hell.

Latinas are on the same low level as American women, especially if you are a man of color.

I have only rarely had an issue with Latino men who I generally find normal, but their women are socialized differently and they downright suck.

Don't listen to any idiot who will tell you otherwise. I have traveled more than any person on this forum and I know what I'm talking about.

You've been warned.
Last edited by Contrarian Expatriate on Sun May 15, 2011 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Feel free to visit my sites and to leave your respected words of wisdom:

http://thedeclineofmyamerica.blogspot.com/

http://www.youtube.com/user/ContrarianExpatriate
Contrarian Expatriate
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1404
Joined: Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:57 am

Postby adria2789 » Sun May 15, 2011 7:33 am

Despite Contrarian Expatriate disparaging comment, I see truth in what he says. Skin color is a big thing there. Light = Good, Dark = bad. Latino families can be kinda racist and meddling, especially if they are traditional. I know from experience but it shouldn't stop you from pursuing them. Just give it a go and don't just stick to Latinas.

Latinas, at least what I've seen, rarely go for black men. Afro-Latinos are the lowest in the "social latter" along with indigenous or in some case a step lower than them. In my observation, I usually see Latinos couples have similar skin tones, light skinned man and woman and dark skin man and woman. I'm not sure if that is a common occurrence.

Hmm..have you considered Afro-Latinas?
adria2789
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 72
Joined: Sun May 15, 2011 5:35 am
Location: SF Bay Area, California

Postby Rock » Sun May 15, 2011 8:37 am

Contrarian Expatriate wrote:
Don't listen to any idiot who will tell you otherwise. I have traveled more than any person on this forum and I know what I'm talking about.


Are you sure about that? There are guys on this forum who have been traveling the world for decades and speak several languages fluently. And not all of them are visible posters.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4115
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:16 pm

Next

Return to Latin America, Mexico, Central America

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest