Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Monday nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE AFA Seminar! See locations and dates here.



View Active Topics       View Your Posts       Latest 100 Topics       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile


Are Latina women not for me?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to Latin America, Mexico, or Central America.

Moderators: fschmidt, jamesbond

Postby E_Irizarry » May 15th, 2011, 4:06 pm

What Contrarian Expatriate is saying is true. However, in order to trump how they look at you, you as a darker-hued person must speak air-tight Spanish and dress well like the new 50 Cent (in the disguise of Italian/French-designer suits) and don't take things so seriously when one says a disparaging or an offensive comment indirectly or directly at you (don't correct them) AND prove that you are financially middle-middle class or above. Foul? Yes. But doable? Most definitely.

Some Latinos don't want fuck-all to do with you if you turn your "niggabox" demeanor on especially if you of larger stature and body type then they.

Alas you have to remain "civilized" at all times with them almost to the point you are prudish unless they "escupiar"/spit or "asaltar"/"robar" assault/steal from you, then you take action as a man of any race should do.

Remember, the AmeriKKKan media had painted an "optimistic" picture of how the Black American male looks beyond its boundaries in efforts of neo-manifest destiny and NWO.

Just observe most Afro-Latinos in S. America; they do not act as rambunctiously out-of-control as the indigenous Latinos in Quito, EC and Perú do. In Ecuador, I was surprised how well-behaved most of the Afro-Latinos in Ecuador are. I had a bigot disagree with me online two years ago when I had posted a similar aforementioned comment, but it's whatever.

Perú....I'm telling you. Don't waste your time if you aren't Aryan White or Germanic White or Nordic White, et. al. Great food though (they make a mean bistec emcebollado (steak drenched with sauteed onions) and a mean pollo a la brasa peruana (chicken and fries with 4-5 authentic sauces you cannot even get up here in America)), but for courting and even trying to sleep with puta-prostitutes, you may find yourself with less money and an attitude pulled from the "niggabox" grab bag. Out of all Latin American countries in S. America I have been to, Peruvians are some of the most self-hating Latinos due to their dark skin semi-African phenotypes and the mindfuck state-of-mind their Castillian virreyes had taught to Limeño people. Also alot of Limeños (citizens of Lima Perú) brag that they speak Castellaño lo mejor the best. Very dignified self-righteous people there. They glorify blue eyes and white hair.

Cuzco is ladened with self-haters....White boys have a blast up there and court and become courted by Cuzco women. Lima too.

Chiclayo is better because there are more putas that come down from Colombia to make a living and send money back to their familias in Colombia.

But again for Perú, Tarapoto has the best Peruvian food hands the f**k down. It's almost like Latin Caribbean food (i.e. Cuban, PR, and DR food). I swwwwwwear.
"I appreciate the opportunities I have in America. Opportunities that allow me to live abroad." **Smiles** - Have2Fly@H.A. (2013)

"The only way to overcome that is to go abroad to get a broad."
- E. Irizarry (2009)

"MGTOW resilience is the key to foreign residence. You better muthafuckin' ask somebody!!"
- E. Irizarry (2012)

"I rather be ostracized by 157.0 million (27.3% of the US of Gay pop), then to appease 1 feminist." - E. Irizarry (2013)

TanBoy by DNA | Despedido, Hugo Chavez...Descansa en paz!
E_Irizarry
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2352
Joined: July 5th, 2008, 9:07 am
Location: The Corporation ( the U.S. of Gay )




Check out our Dating Sites and HA International Romance Tours!



Postby Contrarian Expatriate » May 15th, 2011, 5:23 pm

Rock wrote:
Contrarian Expatriate wrote:
Don't listen to any idiot who will tell you otherwise. I have traveled more than any person on this forum and I know what I'm talking about.


Are you sure about that? There are guys on this forum who have been traveling the world for decades and speak several languages fluently. And not all of them are visible posters.

I am sure. I've been to over 70 countries and counting. I've lived abroad for a total of 13 years and counting.

There may be some who have lived abroad for over 13 years, but I am fairly certain that I have visited more countries than anyone on this forum.

One thing travel has done for me is expose myths and misconceptions about countries and regions and various peoples.
Feel free to visit my sites and to leave your respected words of wisdom:

http://thedeclineofmyamerica.blogspot.com/

http://www.youtube.com/user/ContrarianExpatriate
Contrarian Expatriate
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1800
Joined: December 3rd, 2009, 6:57 am

Postby Iawesome60 » May 15th, 2011, 6:09 pm

Contrarian Expatriate wrote:Latina women, while often attractive, are the most batshit crazy, spoiled rotten, skin color conscious women on the face of the planet. Any black men who score with Latina women are dealing with prostitutes, opportunists, or the bottom of the barrel desperate types.

Don't waste your time with Latina women unless you are clearly white, blond, or fair-skinned. It is rare that Latina women would want anything to do with ethnic men, and it they did, their meddling families would object and give holy hell.

Latinas are on the same low level as American women, especially if you are a man of color.

I have only rarely had an issue with Latino men who I generally find normal, but their women are socialized differently and they downright suck.

Don't listen to any idiot who will tell you otherwise. I have traveled more than any person on this forum and I know what I'm talking about.

You've been warned.


I want to thank everyone for the responses on this topic. Yes, I would date Afro-Latina women (there are attractive ones). Contrarian, you're funny (very good way :D ). I just realized the movie with Lance Gross and America Ferrera is the epitomy of what would happen if a Latina women brought home an African (American, Latino, etc) boyfriend to a Latino household. Uh oh!
There aren't many attractive women (inside and outside) in America. A man wants a physically attractive woman with attractive personality traits. American women usually don't have that combination.

Ever since I found Winston's website and read the information on there, my life has been much easier and I've been a MUCH more happier person!

No matter how good she looks, some other guy is sick and tired of putting up with her crap. ~Author Unknown (Quote about women)
Iawesome60
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 217
Joined: March 27th, 2011, 6:30 am

Postby Adama » May 15th, 2011, 6:39 pm

Don't listen to the hecklers and naysayers. Regardless of what race you are, there are women in every corner of the globe who will marry you.

Also, keep in mind that Latin American women are not a monolith. They vary based on the region. From the more European-type women in the south of South America (Argentina, Chile, et al), to the more native looking ones (all over but Peru, Bolivia, etc), to mixed race ones of Brazil and Colombia. There are even Asian communities in some of the South American countries.

Another thing. I truly do believe that most of the attractive women on those websites are planted by the owners. They serve to attractive male membership. That's it. So of course they will never respond, because that woman isnt online to begin with. Don't take the internet response for how life there actually is.

Besides that, many women don't believe in online romances. Even here in the states, many people don't believe in it, although it is gaining wider acceptance. So you arent getting a representative sample.

Last, I would recommend staying away from Central America due to overwhelming influence of gringos and American laws. Belize, Panama and Costa Rica especially are off the list.
User avatar
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 5012
Joined: August 23rd, 2009, 10:37 pm

Postby kata » December 25th, 2011, 11:49 am

E_Irizarry wrote:What Contrarian Expatriate is saying is true. However, in order to trump how they look at you, you as a darker-hued person must speak air-tight Spanish and dress well like the new 50 Cent (in the disguise of Italian/French-designer suits) and don't take things so seriously when one says a disparaging or an offensive comment indirectly or directly at you (don't correct them) AND prove that you are financially middle-middle class or above. Foul? Yes. But doable? Most definitely.

Some Latinos don't want fuck-all to do with you if you turn your "niggabox" demeanor on especially if you of larger stature and body type then they.

Alas you have to remain "civilized" at all times with them almost to the point you are prudish unless they "escupiar"/spit or "asaltar"/"robar" assault/steal from you, then you take action as a man of any race should do.

Remember, the AmeriKKKan media had painted an "optimistic" picture of how the Black American male looks beyond its boundaries in efforts of neo-manifest destiny and NWO.

Just observe most Afro-Latinos in S. America; they do not act as rambunctiously out-of-control as the indigenous Latinos in Quito, EC and Perú do. In Ecuador, I was surprised how well-behaved most of the Afro-Latinos in Ecuador are. I had a bigot disagree with me online two years ago when I had posted a similar aforementioned comment, but it's whatever.

Perú....I'm telling you. Don't waste your time if you aren't Aryan White or Germanic White or Nordic White, et. al. Great food though (they make a mean bistec emcebollado (steak drenched with sauteed onions) and a mean pollo a la brasa peruana (chicken and fries with 4-5 authentic sauces you cannot even get up here in America)), but for courting and even trying to sleep with puta-prostitutes, you may find yourself with less money and an attitude pulled from the "niggabox" grab bag. Out of all Latin American countries in S. America I have been to, Peruvians are some of the most self-hating Latinos due to their dark skin semi-African phenotypes and the mindfuck state-of-mind their Castillian virreyes had taught to Limeño people. Also alot of Limeños (citizens of Lima Perú) brag that they speak Castellaño lo mejor the best. Very dignified self-righteous people there. They glorify blue eyes and white hair.

Cuzco is ladened with self-haters....White boys have a blast up there and court and become courted by Cuzco women. Lima too.

Chiclayo is better because there are more putas that come down from Colombia to make a living and send money back to their familias in Colombia.

But again for Perú, Tarapoto has the best Peruvian food hands the f**k down. It's almost like Latin Caribbean food (i.e. Cuban, PR, and DR food). I swwwwwwear.


What the f**k you are talking about?? So, you spend A COUPLE days in the TOURISTIC areas and automatically become an expert in Peruvian society??? Don't freaking kid me!

Although I won't deny many Peruvians keep repeating shit about how great blue eyes and blonde hair are (just as in the rest in Latin America,) they actually DON'T believe this shit nor apply these stupid statements when it comes to befriending someone or finding a partner (aka. real life.) In fact, I would say it's quite the opposite of what happens in the United States. Here, people keep repeating politically correct shit, which includes that dating outside one's race shouldn't be an issue and people should embrace it...because, oh yes, we belong to the human race. YET all you see is race-based segregated neighborhoods and couples the same race that ended up like that because, apparently, color-based "cultural" differences (yes, in the USA being certain race means you have your own culture) with people from other racial backgrounds are hard to deal with (you WON'T see that in Peru; even the Chinese and Japanese people have blended in over time.)

In Peru, yes, people do often compliment blue eyes and blonde hair (sadly, just as in the rest of Latin America, as they associate these traits with power and money; though thank god that is REALLY changing,) but when it comes to find your mate in REAL LIFE, they mix with everyone. Peruvians have been mixing around since the conquistadores arrived and brought black slaves with them (could you say the same of Americans? I doubt so.) As an irrefutable evidence, you will notice there aren't really pure blacks, whites, or Asians there despite the massive migrations we have had from people of these races. The reason?? People mix and if they are minority their races disappear into the majority (that has happened with the whites, Asians and blacks that have settled in Peru, so even though the millions of minority-descendant Peruvians might not be pure race, they have at least some of these races in their blood,) and despite some stupid beliefs SOME Peruvians blindly repeat as part of our colonial past, we make no distinction of race when we choose a mate. I must know. I AM Peruvian and have lived there 18 years of my life. Besides, my family has Amerindian, black, white, and of course MIXED members, and we have lived quite nicely there. As a matter of fact, Peruvians see black people as "sabrosos" and the black side of my family is quite proud of descending of blacks. And my mulatto/zambo cousins and uncles are sought after by women. And despite our ever decreasing black population, Afro dances are very popular and part of our national tradition. Also, you WILL find white Peruvians in the lowest social strata too (it's not that they are automatically rich for being whites.)

BUT, when it comes to tourists and foreigners who are looking for Peruvian partners, things might change a little bit. For some reason (maybe because we're mainly mestizos and Amerindians??) Black foreigners rarely visit Peru as tourists or to find a partner, and most of our touristic population is Latin American and White American or European. So, yes, fellow Latin Americans blend in, and whites stand out as the foreigners we are exposed to the most. To add to that, most of the time these whites bring big bucks with them, so the preferential treatment they may receive as tourists and prospective partners should not come as a surprise. After all, they represent the source of income of many Peruvians that find the touristic business quite profitable as well as the ideal partners that have stable jobs, can travel, are cultured (most of the tourists who go to Peru are interested in culture and history,) and must probably have "a good life" in their so-called "first-world" countries. Who can blame them? If the opportunity is there, you would be a fool if you refuse to try. Besides, the Peruvian media portrays American, European and some Asian countries as the shit, so some Peruvians have unrealistic ideas of what these countries are like, and their beliefs are reinforced by cultured, relatively wealthy (white in their majority) tourists who visit the country.

Anyhow, don't judge foreign countries using American standards.
kata
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 5
Joined: December 25th, 2011, 10:23 am

Postby E_Irizarry » December 25th, 2011, 8:36 pm

kata wrote:
E_Irizarry wrote:What Contrarian Expatriate is saying is true. However, in order to trump how they look at you, you as a darker-hued person must speak air-tight Spanish and dress well like the new 50 Cent (in the disguise of Italian/French-designer suits) and don't take things so seriously when one says a disparaging or an offensive comment indirectly or directly at you (don't correct them) AND prove that you are financially middle-middle class or above. Foul? Yes. But doable? Most definitely.

Some Latinos don't want fuck-all to do with you if you turn your "niggabox" demeanor on especially if you of larger stature and body type then they.

Alas you have to remain "civilized" at all times with them almost to the point you are prudish unless they "escupiar"/spit or "asaltar"/"robar" assault/steal from you, then you take action as a man of any race should do.

Remember, the AmeriKKKan media had painted an "optimistic" picture of how the Black American male looks beyond its boundaries in efforts of neo-manifest destiny and NWO.

Just observe most Afro-Latinos in S. America; they do not act as rambunctiously out-of-control as the indigenous Latinos in Quito, EC and Perú do. In Ecuador, I was surprised how well-behaved most of the Afro-Latinos in Ecuador are. I had a bigot disagree with me online two years ago when I had posted a similar aforementioned comment, but it's whatever.

Perú....I'm telling you. Don't waste your time if you aren't Aryan White or Germanic White or Nordic White, et. al. Great food though (they make a mean bistec emcebollado (steak drenched with sauteed onions) and a mean pollo a la brasa peruana (chicken and fries with 4-5 authentic sauces you cannot even get up here in America)), but for courting and even trying to sleep with puta-prostitutes, you may find yourself with less money and an attitude pulled from the "niggabox" grab bag. Out of all Latin American countries in S. America I have been to, Peruvians are some of the most self-hating Latinos due to their dark skin semi-African phenotypes and the mindfuck state-of-mind their Castillian virreyes had taught to Limeño people. Also alot of Limeños (citizens of Lima Perú) brag that they speak Castellaño lo mejor the best. Very dignified self-righteous people there. They glorify blue eyes and white hair.

Cuzco is ladened with self-haters....White boys have a blast up there and court and become courted by Cuzco women. Lima too.

Chiclayo is better because there are more putas that come down from Colombia to make a living and send money back to their familias in Colombia.

But again for Perú, Tarapoto has the best Peruvian food hands the f**k down. It's almost like Latin Caribbean food (i.e. Cuban, PR, and DR food). I swwwwwwear.


What the f**k you are talking about?? So, you spend A COUPLE days in the TOURISTIC areas and automatically become an expert in Peruvian society??? Don't freaking kid me!

Although I won't deny many Peruvians keep repeating shit about how great blue eyes and blonde hair are (just as in the rest in Latin America,) they actually DON'T believe this shit nor apply these stupid statements when it comes to befriending someone or finding a partner (aka. real life.) In fact, I would say it's quite the opposite of what happens in the United States. Here, people keep repeating politically correct shit, which includes that dating outside one's race shouldn't be an issue and people should embrace it...because, oh yes, we belong to the human race. YET all you see is race-based segregated neighborhoods and couples the same race that ended up like that because, apparently, color-based "cultural" differences (yes, in the USA being certain race means you have your own culture) with people from other racial backgrounds are hard to deal with (you WON'T see that in Peru; even the Chinese and Japanese people have blended in over time.)

In Peru, yes, people do often compliment blue eyes and blonde hair (sadly, just as in the rest of Latin America, as they associate these traits with power and money; though thank god that is REALLY changing,) but when it comes to find your mate in REAL LIFE, they mix with everyone. Peruvians have been mixing around since the conquistadores arrived and brought black slaves with them (could you say the same of Americans? I doubt so.) As an irrefutable evidence, you will notice there aren't really pure blacks, whites, or Asians there despite the massive migrations we have had from people of these races. The reason?? People mix and if they are minority their races disappear into the majority (that has happened with the whites, Asians and blacks that have settled in Peru, so even though the millions of minority-descendant Peruvians might not be pure race, they have at least some of these races in their blood,) and despite some stupid beliefs SOME Peruvians blindly repeat as part of our colonial past, we make no distinction of race when we choose a mate. I must know. I AM Peruvian and have lived there 18 years of my life. Besides, my family has Amerindian, black, white, and of course MIXED members, and we have lived quite nicely there. As a matter of fact, Peruvians see black people as "sabrosos" and the black side of my family is quite proud of descending of blacks. And my mulatto/zambo cousins and uncles are sought after by women. And despite our ever decreasing black population, Afro dances are very popular and part of our national tradition. Also, you WILL find white Peruvians in the lowest social strata too (it's not that they are automatically rich for being whites.)

BUT, when it comes to tourists and foreigners who are looking for Peruvian partners, things might change a little bit. For some reason (maybe because we're mainly mestizos and Amerindians??) Black foreigners rarely visit Peru as tourists or to find a partner, and most of our touristic population is Latin American and White American or European. So, yes, fellow Latin Americans blend in, and whites stand out as the foreigners we are exposed to the most. To add to that, most of the time these whites bring big bucks with them, so the preferential treatment they may receive as tourists and prospective partners should not come as a surprise. After all, they represent the source of income of many Peruvians that find the touristic business quite profitable as well as the ideal partners that have stable jobs, can travel, are cultured (most of the tourists who go to Peru are interested in culture and history,) and must probably have "a good life" in their so-called "first-world" countries. Who can blame them? If the opportunity is there, you would be a fool if you refuse to try. Besides, the Peruvian media portrays American, European and some Asian countries as the shit, so some Peruvians have unrealistic ideas of what these countries are like, and their beliefs are reinforced by cultured, relatively wealthy (white in their majority) tourists who visit the country.

Anyhow, don't judge foreign countries using American standards.


First of all, if you are going to correct somebody, learn how to thoroughly comprehend because I did not spend a couple of tourist days there. I had a place in Tarapoto for 2 months, and I interacted with the locals outside of the the beaten path. If I am talking about my experiences, then that's what they are: my experiences, my perceptions alas which formulates my opinions.
"I appreciate the opportunities I have in America. Opportunities that allow me to live abroad." **Smiles** - Have2Fly@H.A. (2013)

"The only way to overcome that is to go abroad to get a broad."
- E. Irizarry (2009)

"MGTOW resilience is the key to foreign residence. You better muthafuckin' ask somebody!!"
- E. Irizarry (2012)

"I rather be ostracized by 157.0 million (27.3% of the US of Gay pop), then to appease 1 feminist." - E. Irizarry (2013)

TanBoy by DNA | Despedido, Hugo Chavez...Descansa en paz!
E_Irizarry
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2352
Joined: July 5th, 2008, 9:07 am
Location: The Corporation ( the U.S. of Gay )

Postby djfourmoney » December 26th, 2011, 1:46 am

Thanks for the input Kata. I agree Contrarian is extremely pessimistic when it comes to women as a whole, not sure why but that's another thread.

Blacks generally don't travel and use too many excuses. All sorts of White People tell you you're not welcome outside of America. That is 100% BS, Poppy Cock Nonsense! Any Black Man that isn't a complete goof-ball, idiot, as you said engaging in typical stupid "nigger" behavior will quickly loose respect from most people.

You also can't be a simp!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v06wjhMQR_8&feature=related[/youtube]

I think its simple. Being able to speak SOME Spanish will prove useful. Women knowing your from a Western Country are not expecting fluency.
Last edited by djfourmoney on December 27th, 2011, 3:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 3129
Joined: October 17th, 2010, 12:09 am
Location: Los Angeles

Postby ssjparris » December 26th, 2011, 3:20 am

okay from my experience with latin women...

1. Just visiting from latin country

very friendly, open, social, super flirtatious. and very inviting. i have a mexican lady friend from mexico city. she said i can come and see her if she would like. i met her here in the states. she was only visiting for a week. this is my experience with white latina as well as brown skinned latina.

2. living here in the states

prejudice, racist, unhappy annoyed faces, like black guys but at the same time...still racist against them.

all in all i have good experiences with women from argentina, brazil, mexico, and salvador. i haven't seen the prejudice yet from them. but ofcourse i need to go INSIDE their country to get the full picture. otherwise i would say they are friendly and not racist towards me.
ssjparris
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 820
Joined: September 8th, 2010, 3:47 am

Postby Contrarian Expatriate » December 26th, 2011, 3:23 am

kata wrote:What the f**k you are talking about?? So, you spend A COUPLE days in the TOURISTIC areas and automatically become an expert in Peruvian society??? Don't freaking kid me!

For the record, I lived and worked in Peru for two years. I am well-acquainted with that society and several Peruvians remarked just how well I came to know the cultural nuances of that place.

If you disagree with what I opinion, why don't you speak with some people from the community of Chincha who will confirm what I say.

Don't get it twisted......
Feel free to visit my sites and to leave your respected words of wisdom:

http://thedeclineofmyamerica.blogspot.com/

http://www.youtube.com/user/ContrarianExpatriate
Contrarian Expatriate
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1800
Joined: December 3rd, 2009, 6:57 am

Postby Jeygonza » December 26th, 2011, 4:19 am

I can not believe, men of this forum seems to have been rejected by Latinas. But I must say that although many of the comments are real, are also exaggerated, not all think the same way. Stop acting like spiteful! if you like Latin seeks a worth one and move on with your life.

Irizarri said: Quien nada arriesga nada gana... Tiene toda la razon
Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment.
Barry LePatner
Jeygonza
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 91
Joined: November 13th, 2011, 3:53 am
Location: Dominican Republic

Postby Jeygonza » December 26th, 2011, 4:32 am

Which Latin american countries have you visited?
Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment.
Barry LePatner
Jeygonza
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 91
Joined: November 13th, 2011, 3:53 am
Location: Dominican Republic

Postby E_Irizarry » December 26th, 2011, 6:42 am

Jeygonza,

K conste k tenga en cuenta lo siguiente: no te equivocas cuando se trata k he dicho sobre quien nada arriesga nada gana. Sin embargo, he arriesgado yendome a Peru para experimentar lo que pasara a mi. Fui curioso (so sue me! jajajjaa) Yo estaba gozandola por alli aun k de vez en cuando hubieron locura y obstaculos en mi camino.

Sin embargo otra vez, hay cosas k hubieran k estar mencionadas k sean dificiles de evitar por k sea yo una persona k no sea un gringo tipico.

Me parece a mi k la mayoria de peruanos k sean auto-odiosos a si mismo (favor de corregir si lo hay necesario). Ellos prefieren a ser blaquitos si pudieran tenerlo al sus gustos.
"I appreciate the opportunities I have in America. Opportunities that allow me to live abroad." **Smiles** - Have2Fly@H.A. (2013)

"The only way to overcome that is to go abroad to get a broad."
- E. Irizarry (2009)

"MGTOW resilience is the key to foreign residence. You better muthafuckin' ask somebody!!"
- E. Irizarry (2012)

"I rather be ostracized by 157.0 million (27.3% of the US of Gay pop), then to appease 1 feminist." - E. Irizarry (2013)

TanBoy by DNA | Despedido, Hugo Chavez...Descansa en paz!
E_Irizarry
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2352
Joined: July 5th, 2008, 9:07 am
Location: The Corporation ( the U.S. of Gay )

Postby kata » January 2nd, 2012, 8:26 am

E_Irizarry wrote:First of all, if you are going to correct somebody, learn how to thoroughly comprehend because I did not spend a couple of tourist days there. I had a place in Tarapoto for 2 months, and I interacted with the locals outside of the the beaten path. If I am talking about my experiences, then that's what they are: my experiences, my perceptions alas which formulates my opinions.


No, honey, first off, YOU learn how to give your "opinions", ok? Because no matter how much your unique experiences shape your perceptions (which I pretty much accept and respect...as long as you don't give me a reason to do otherwise), you cannot come to a public site that any person has access to and throw a totally biased and sweeping generalization that completely affects the image of a whole country before people-who-don't-know-anything-about-it and expect not to generate reactions. If you want to specify you're giving your opinions according to your experiences, you do so (it doesn't cost a thing) instead of going around saying shit like..."Peru (which by the way is an extensive country, not limited to Tarapoto, which, as most of the jungle-region towns, can have people with quite a racial complex. I have family in the region and know how they are) is so and so." You can very well simply say "when I went there, I experienced this in this particular area specially."

Anyway, there are many factors that contribute to our experiences; it's not just skin color what determines how other people treat us (as to very simplistically go around stating that "if one is not white and blue-eyed, they are f***ed up in certain places".) There are other factors that come into place and you're conveniently ignoring them.
Last edited by kata on January 2nd, 2012, 9:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
kata
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 5
Joined: December 25th, 2011, 10:23 am

Postby kata » January 2nd, 2012, 9:36 am

Contrarian Expatriate wrote:
kata wrote:What the f**k you are talking about?? So, you spend A COUPLE days in the TOURISTIC areas and automatically become an expert in Peruvian society??? Don't freaking kid me!

For the record, I lived and worked in Peru for two years. I am well-acquainted with that society and several Peruvians remarked just how well I came to know the cultural nuances of that place.

If you disagree with what I opinion, why don't you speak with some people from the community of Chincha who will confirm what I say.

Don't get it twisted......


Hmmm...interesting. You lived and worked in Peru for two years (which by the way is a short time as to understand a society to its full extent by taking into consideration historic, geographic, political, economic, religious, environmental, and other factors) IN THE 1980s, and we (as a country, because I wasn't even born at the time) are supposed to maintain the same ideologies, values, and a society of more than a quarter of century ago, right??? Wow!! While in the USA American society went from segregating black people (and other people of color, for the record) and punishing them if they didn't stay "in their place" to electing a half-Black President and where there are many programs intended to help minorities in just about five decades, in Peru we're a never-changing society stuck in the 1980s, uh? Very interesting! AND, you are "well-acquainted" with a country you have had no intentions to go back to for about 3 decades AND know more than a very observant Peruvian who-left-her-country-a-little-more-than-3-years-ago-and-is-constantly-communicating-with-fellow-Peruvians-in-Peru about her own country...and all because "Latina women, while often attractive, are the most batshit crazy, spoiled rotten, skin color conscious women on the face of the planet."

By the way, have you ever wondered that it could be your looks, your approach, your attitude (in my humble opinion, I'd say the reason lies here), or fill-in-the-blank and not your race what scares girls away (which seems to be the reason that reinforces your bad attitude)?? For example, in Peru, as I mentioned already, my mulato/zambo relatives/acquaintances were fairly popular and were often sought after by women, so race was not a negative factor (it was the opposite) for them as you want people to believe.

And, FYI, if you didn't notice, I was obviously talking to the other guy. But, for your bitter comments and this response of yours, it seems to me that you are pretty much on the defensive when it comes to interact with new people and try to impose your biased views to the rest just because a couple people happened to agree with you at some point in time.
kata
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 5
Joined: December 25th, 2011, 10:23 am

Postby kata » January 2nd, 2012, 11:02 am

djfourmoney wrote:Thanks for the input Kata. I agree Contrarian is extremely pessimistic when it comes to women as a whole, not sure why but that's another thread.

Blacks generally don't travel and use too many excuses. All sorts of White People tell you you're not welcome outside of America. That is 100% BS, Poppy Cock Nonsense! Any Black Man that isn't a complete goof-ball, idiot, as you said engaging in typical stupid "nigger" behavior will quickly loose respect from most people.

I think its simple. Being able to speak SOME Spanish will prove useful. Women knowing your from a Western Country are not expecting fluency.


I think it is about having the right attitude, not just about learning random, meaningless pickup lines designed to use women as sexual objects. I agree with you though, if American black people (or other people of color for that matter) traveled more, they would break any stereotype others might have about them and reinvent the image created by the American media in such places. After all, white people are well accepted mostly because they take big bucks with them, and generally, people admire seemingly powerful, wealthy individuals.
kata
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 5
Joined: December 25th, 2011, 10:23 am

PreviousNext

Return to Latin America, Mexico, Central America

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest