How are Mexican women?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to Latin America, Mexico, or Central America.
The_Hero_of_Men
Experienced Poster

How are Mexican women?

Post by The_Hero_of_Men »

I have a question: How are mexican women in general? And by "Mexican" women, I am talking about those women who are actually citizens of Mexico. I am asking this because I met a Mexican woman a few weeks ago. She is from San Luis Potosi (I guess that is a Mexican province/State) and she occasionally visits San Antonio. I started talking to her (she knows very little English and I know very little Spanish)... we have been talking for a few weeks through texting and the Internet (my guess is that she is using some sort of mobile translator on her phone, and an online translator at work). Now she is saying that she is happy that I came into her life; she's been lonely for the past 7 years, and that she loves me (she even called me "amor" this morning).

My main question is: Should I trust what this woman is saying (she even said that she "no like lie")? If she is for real, I want to pursue this to the fullest.

By the way, the woman in question is 38 years old.
Wielding the blade of evil's bane, he sealed the dark one away and gave the land light. This man, who traveled through time to save the land, was known as the Hero of Men. The man's tale was passed down through generations until it became legend...

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Mexican women?

Post by Rock »

The_Hero_of_Twilight wrote:I have a question: How are mexican women in general? And by "Mexican" women, I am talking about those women who are actually citizens of Mexico. I am asking this because I met a Mexican woman a few weeks ago. She is from San Luis Potosi (I guess that is a Mexican province/State) and she occasionally visits San Antonio. I started talking to her (she knows very little English and I know very little Spanish)... we have been talking for a few weeks through texting and the Internet (my guess is that she is using some sort of mobile translator on her phone, and an online translator at work). Now she is saying that she is happy that I came into her life; she's been lonely for the past 7 years, and that she loves me (she even called me "amor" this morning).

My main question is: Should I trust what this woman is saying (she even said that she "no like lie")? If she is for real, I want to pursue this to the fullest.

You can never accurately generalize about women from one place. Each specimen has its unique characteristics. At best, you can only discuss probabilities in a qualitative manner. In that regard, I see 2 positives if you are hoping to make a serious type of gf or more from the gal in question:

1. Overall, I believe Mexico is a conservative country, at least as far as the women are concerned. I used to have an American buddy (met him in Colombia) who ran a small dating and marriage agency in Guadalajara Mexico. I once spent some time picking his brain asking him to compare and contrast Colombian girls to Mexican girls. According to him, Mexican girls are generally much more serious and less likely to be on the prowl to catch a gringo for the wrong reasons. Colombians are much warmer off the bat and many will go out dancing or partying with you and be physically warm even though they don't know you well. Also, some of the Colombians, at least the ones on the gringo circuit, seemed more tolerant of large age gaps (my friend was around 60 at the time). I also got the impression that many younger Mexican girls are watched over closely and protected by their families whereas their counterparts in Colombia seemed pretty free. Predictably, more serious relationships between Colombianas and gringos were fraught with risks. For the more serious guy, this may be less so for relationships with Mexicanas given what I've written above.

2. The girl you mentioned is 38 years old. That reduces your competition substantially given her relatively low local market value. This factor is compounded if she has any children. Since it is probably not so easy for her to find a decent man, children or not, there is a strong chance that she is serious about you.

3. When it comes to throwing around phrases which contain strong words like 'amor' etc., don't take that too seriously on its own. Most of the Latin people I've encountered are very warm with words. When making phone calls in Colombia, receptionists and other anonymous and unseen female strangers would sometimes end sentences by addressing me as 'mi amor'. Imagine how it would sound if an American telephone receptionist casually called you 'my love'. The contrast seems even more extreme when I imagine someone doing this in Taiwan.

Anyway, you should still tread with caution. Make sure she's not some jaded gold digger or anything along those lines. And if she does have children, think very hard before you take this any further.
The_Hero_of_Men
Experienced Poster

Rock wrote:
The_Hero_of_Twilight wrote:I have a question: How are mexican women in general? And by "Mexican" women, I am talking about those women who are actually citizens of Mexico. I am asking this because I met a Mexican woman a few weeks ago. She is from San Luis Potosi (I guess that is a Mexican province/State) and she occasionally visits San Antonio. I started talking to her (she knows very little English and I know very little Spanish)... we have been talking for a few weeks through texting and the Internet (my guess is that she is using some sort of mobile translator on her phone, and an online translator at work). Now she is saying that she is happy that I came into her life; she's been lonely for the past 7 years, and that she loves me (she even called me "amor" this morning).

You can never accurately generalize about women from one place. Each specimen has its unique characteristics. At best, you can only discuss probabilities in a qualitative manner. In that regard, I see 2 positives if you are hoping to make a serious type of gf or more from the gal in question:

1. Overall, I believe Mexico is a conservative country, at least as far as the women are concerned. I used to have an American buddy (met him in Colombia) who ran a small dating and marriage agency in Guadalajara Mexico. I once spent some time picking his brain asking him to compare and contrast Colombian girls to Mexican girls. According to him, Mexican girls are generally much more serious and less likely to be on the prowl to catch a gringo for the wrong reasons. Colombians are much warmer off the bat and many will go out dancing or partying with you and be physically warm even though they don't know you well. Also, some of the Colombians, at least the ones on the gringo circuit, seemed more tolerant of large age gaps (my friend was around 60 at the time). I also got the impression that many younger Mexican girls are watched over closely and protected by their families whereas their counterparts in Colombia seemed pretty free. Predictably, more serious relationships between Colombianas and gringos were fraught with risks. For the more serious guy, this may be less so for relationships with Mexicanas given what I've written above.

2. The girl you mentioned is 38 years old. That reduces your competition substantially given her relatively low local market value. This factor is compounded if she has any children. Since it is probably not so easy for her to find a decent man, children or not, there is a strong chance that she is serious about you.

3. When it comes to throwing around phrases which contain strong words like 'amor' etc., don't take that too seriously on its own. Most of the Latin people I've encountered are very warm with words. When making phone calls in Colombia, receptionists and other anonymous and unseen female strangers would sometimes end sentences by addressing me as 'mi amor'. Imagine how it would sound if an American telephone receptionist casually called you 'my love'. The contrast seems even more extreme when I imagine someone doing this in Taiwan.

Anyway, you should still tread with caution. Make sure she's not some jaded gold digger or anything along those lines. And if she does have children, think very hard before you take this any further.
She told me that she doesn't have any children. She also lives with her parents (she told me that herself). I wonder, is that a bad thing if a woman her age still lives with her parents? I know that in most cultures around the world, it is somewhat tolerated, if not accepted, when/if adults live with their parents.
Wielding the blade of evil's bane, he sealed the dark one away and gave the land light. This man, who traveled through time to save the land, was known as the Hero of Men. The man's tale was passed down through generations until it became legend...
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

It is not uncommon in Latin America for families to live under one roof, from Grand Ma to the Grand Children. If she's not married, that is not unusual for her to still live at home, I don't find it odd at all.

But I have to ask, why you talking to women over 35?
The_Hero_of_Men
Experienced Poster

djfourmoney wrote:It is not uncommon in Latin America for families to live under one roof, from Grand Ma to the Grand Children. If she's not married, that is not unusual for her to still live at home, I don't find it odd at all.

To be honest with you, I have always preferred older women (even back when I was still a "mangina") because I have always thought that older women were/are more mature than young women.

And besides, older women can't get knocked up,... :) Or, at least, the older she is, the less chance she has of getting knocked up. Don't get me wrong, I am not in this just for the sex; it's just a preference of mine. I'm in this for the love and coompanionship. The sex is a plus.
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

The_Hero_of_Twilight wrote:
djfourmoney wrote:It is not uncommon in Latin America for families to live under one roof, from Grand Ma to the Grand Children. If she's not married, that is not unusual for her to still live at home, I don't find it odd at all.

To be honest with you, I have always preferred older women (even back when I was still a "mangina") because I have always thought that older women were/are more mature than young women.

And besides, older women can't get knocked up,... :) Or, at least, the older she is, the less chance she has of getting knocked up. Don't get me wrong, I am not in this just for the sex; it's just a preference of mine. I'm in this for the love and coompanionship. The sex is a plus.
All faulty thinking IMHO.

If you're really interested in not having children, don't have sex. Now knowing that is not desired by many people, strap it up. Wear a condom. If you want to totally make sure, ask if she's taking something to prevent pregnancy.

Older Women are just that, older women there's no advantage. Having been with older women sex is less inhibitive overall and their experience shows. But the downside is being seen in public with a woman visibly older than you = Not Good.

Who told you 38 year old women can't have children? Most women don't hit menopause until 45. All I have said the chances of having problematic pregnancy or birth defects goes up as she gets older, but many healthy women can have children after 40. I have another surprise for you, most Latin women are interested in having children if they haven't had them before, even up to mid 40's.

I guess you didn't see that Our America episode that followed an mid 40's American White Male to Colombia with AFA. He talked to a woman 42 who had never been married and wanted to have children...

That's fairly normal and especially normal in North America and Western Europe for accomplished women to have their children later.
The_Hero_of_Men
Experienced Poster

djfourmoney wrote:
The_Hero_of_Twilight wrote:

All faulty thinking IMHO.

If you're really interested in not having children, don't have sex. Now knowing that is not desired by many people, strap it up. Wear a condom. If you want to totally make sure, ask if she's taking something to prevent pregnancy.

Older Women are just that, older women there's no advantage. Having been with older women sex is less inhibitive overall and their experience shows. But the downside is being seen in public with a woman visibly older than you = Not Good.

Who told you 38 year old women can't have children? Most women don't hit menopause until 45. All I have said the chances of having problematic pregnancy or birth defects goes up as she gets older, but many healthy women can have children after 40. I have another surprise for you, most Latin women are interested in having children if they haven't had them before, even up to mid 40's.

I guess you didn't see that Our America episode that followed an mid 40's American White Male to Colombia with AFA. He talked to a woman 42 who had never been married and wanted to have children...

That's fairly normal and especially normal in North America and Western Europe for accomplished women to have their children later.
I never saw that episode. But yeah You are very correct on that end. However, I never said that 38 year old women could not have children. I did say that the older a woman gets, the less fertile she becomes. As a general question, though, are Mexican/Latina women generally good partner choices? I say "general" because I know that there are bad apples in EVERY basket.
onezero4u
Freshman Poster

Post by onezero4u »

oye.

latins usually talk more friendly than gringos.

for her to call you amor means little...an innocent term of endearment.

if she said she loves you...thats either a bad translation or she has developed feelings for you.

that being said...why the hell go for 38 year olds??? dammmmmm

im 42 and just had a 24 year old cutey practically seduce me this afternoon... just saying man....sets your sites higher.

btw...if you just want companionship get a dog or male friends...if you want sex than persue this broad...but trade her in after a few test drives and get a newer model with less miles and more tread on the tires.
marriage is a 3 ring circus: engagement ring, wedding ring and then suffering.
The_Hero_of_Men
Experienced Poster

onezero4u wrote:oye.

latins usually talk more friendly than gringos.

for her to call you amor means little...an innocent term of endearment.

if she said she loves you...thats either a bad translation or she has developed feelings for you.

that being said...why the hell go for 38 year olds??? dammmmmm

im 42 and just had a 24 year old cutey practically seduce me this afternoon... just saying man....sets your sites higher.

btw...if you just want companionship get a dog or male friends...if you want sex than persue this broad...but trade her in after a few test drives and get a newer model with less miles and more tread on the tires.

Hahaha... If I may ask, what's wrong with older women? Do not forget that this is a Mexican Woman, and she is MUCH MUCH better than any American woman, even if she is 38. The reason that I like older women is because they are more mature.

OneZero4u, where exactly do you live? I do not even know if this woman is a virgin; I plan to ask her sooner or later.
onezero4u
Freshman Poster

Post by onezero4u »

to each his own of course....

but why choose older, more used up, wrinkled, flabby etc when you can likely get the opposite in 20 somethings (generally)???

i dont understand your virgin issue....at 38??? really??? i doubt it unless shes a nun, total wallflower, frigid or basket case...

id steer clear of a 38 year virgin...can you imagine the claws shed put into you if you were here first lover (god forbid she liked it or you gave her an orgasm....total fatal attraction)

anyhow, chase your bliss mi amigo...my advice would be to find a younger & mature girl..

id say latinas tend to be wayyyyy more mature than their american counterparts. many times the girls are raised to be domestic and actually embrace more traditional gender roles...

best of luck...
sorry i forgot to ask you approx age... if youre say over 95 yrs old...then just ignore my advice and grab the 38 year old and youll be happy !!!

btw...im in latin america right now living (temp expat & hopefully fulltime one day )
The_Hero_of_Men
Experienced Poster

onezero4u wrote:to each his own of course....

but why choose older, more used up, wrinkled, flabby etc when you can likely get the opposite in 20 somethings (generally)???

i dont understand your virgin issue....at 38??? really??? i doubt it unless shes a nun, total wallflower, frigid or basket case...

id steer clear of a 38 year virgin...can you imagine the claws shed put into you if you were here first lover (god forbid she liked it or you gave her an orgasm....total fatal attraction)

anyhow, chase your bliss mi amigo...my advice would be to find a younger & mature girl..

id say latinas tend to be wayyyyy more mature than their american counterparts. many times the girls are raised to be domestic and actually embrace more traditional gender roles...

best of luck...
sorry i forgot to ask you approx age... if youre say over 95 yrs old...then just ignore my advice and grab the 38 year old and youll be happy !!!

btw...im in latin america right now living (temp expat & hopefully fulltime one day )
With all due respect, Sir, "younger & more mature" girl? What The $%^@ are you SMOKING?! A 38 year old woman's maturity exceeds a young girl's maturity by *&^%ing LEAPS AND BOUNDS.I will be 24 years old next month. Which Latin American country do you reside in?

To be honest, if she is a virgin and this were the case (me giving her the first ever orgasm), I would kind of feel honored...

Yeah I own that movie Fatal Attraction. It came out the year I was born (1987).

BTW, I was not trying to be rude to you... :)
onezero4u
Freshman Poster

Post by onezero4u »

ok no prob...

im comparing latin chicks with american girls...the latinas tend to be more mature than american broads the same age... no smoking needed to come to that realization.

jesus. 24 year old chasing cougars...haha sorry man but that is just sad.

woman age like spoiling milk just faster...

if youre 24...youre sweet spot is 19-24....however taken your preferences...you might want to consider woman from 24-30.

still can look hot without a shit ton of makeup and are still in your generation at least.

whatever you chose...more power to you. just rewatch that fatal attraction video once more b4 you get involved with "38"

buena suerte
adria2789
Freshman Poster

Post by adria2789 »

Hello, I'm a new member and I'd like to add my 2 cents

It's very possible she genuinely feels that way. So...assuming this 38 year old womans "low market value"...she could be truthful. She could be glad she found a potential mate after 7 years of singlehood especially at her age. Mexican women who are single at 38, are considered old maids. My mom (a Mexican woman), had her first child (my oldest sister) at 29. My aunts joked around with her, calling my mom an old maid at 29. You might want to wonder why she would be single at 38. She could have some sort of defect (personality wise, mentally etc). Also, why would she want a younger man? (No offense to you, Hero) In my experience, Mexican woman usually seek same age or older men.

My overall message, like others have said, proceed with caution.

FYI: San Luis Potosi is a state in Central Mexico.
The_Hero_of_Men
Experienced Poster

onezero4u wrote:ok no prob...

im comparing latin chicks with american girls...the latinas tend to be more mature than american broads the same age... no smoking needed to come to that realization.

jesus. 24 year old chasing cougars...haha sorry man but that is just sad.

woman age like spoiling milk just faster...

if youre 24...youre sweet spot is 19-24....however taken your preferences...you might want to consider woman from 24-30.

still can look hot without a shit ton of makeup and are still in your generation at least.

whatever you chose...more power to you. just rewatch that fatal attraction video once more b4 you get involved with "38"

buena suerte
Today she told me that she has "tres hijas", whatever that means.

Also, I feel that foreign single mothers are of much better quality than childless American women. I understand what you're trying to say though. :)
The_Hero_of_Men
Experienced Poster

adri2789 wrote:

Hello, I'm a new member and I'd like to add my 2 cents

It's very possible she genuinely feels that way. So...assuming this 38 year old womans "low market value"...she could be truthful. She could be glad she found a potential mate after 7 years of singlehood especially at her age. Mexican women who are single at 38, are considered old maids. My mom (a Mexican woman), had her first child (my oldest sister) at 29. My aunts joked around with her, calling my mom an old maid at 29. You might want to wonder why she would be single at 38. She could have some sort of defect (personality wise, mentally etc). Also, why would she want a younger man? (No offense to you, Hero) In my experience, Mexican woman usually seek same age or older men.

My overall message, like others have said, proceed with caution.

FYI: San Luis Potosi is a state in Central Mexico.
I appreciate the advice :) but yeah she told me that she had someone, but the man that was in her life abandoned her about 7 years ago. No offense taken, by the way. I will be sure to be on my guard. However, I must say that no matter what this woman's (possible) problem is, her dateability exceeds (the typical) American Woman's by leaps and bounds.