Good Cities In Mexico? Culiacan?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to Latin America, Mexico, or Central America.
drealm
Junior Poster

Good Cities In Mexico? Culiacan?

Post by drealm »

I recently visited Tijuana, Tecate and Ensenada in Baja California Mexico. My goal was to find a Mexican girl friend to then make my wife. I ended with a few prospects, but no real results.

I learned a few things about myself while meeting and talking to many women. First, from a physical stand point I liked the women in Ensenada the best. These women seemed upper middle class, had lighter skin and were more European looking. I went into Mexico thinking everyone had a similar ethnic makeup. I now understand there's a wide range of looks. I seem to prefer the less indigenous look.

What would be the best Mexican city to find lighter skinned less indigenous Mexican girls? From my limited research Sinaloa seems to be the state where most beauty queens come from. It's also known for having lighter skinned Mexican women. The capital of Sinaloa is Culiacan.

Is Culiacan a good city to find women in? Are the women poor enough to value American providers? Are there few enough American tourists that an American will stand out as a status symbol?
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

Haha, congrats on knowing that Culiacán exists. Most Americans haven't even heard of it.

Honestly, I believe Culiacán has produced so many beauty queens because all the narcos there want their girlfriends to win the contests. Note that Culiacán is notorious for being the drug-smuggling headquarters of Mexico. Many of the most famous drug lords are natives of Culiacán with their residences and operations there. It's relatively expensive compared to other parts of Sinaloa due to all the narco money flowing around. Despite all the narco activity, Culiacán is a safe place to visit if you take the usual precautions. Just be aware that you might be competing with the local narcos if you want a "hot" middle-class Culichi girl. :P

I've been to Culiacán before, and it's definitely off the tourist path. I have not seen a single American there, but did see plenty of Chinese-run businesses.

Natives of Culiacán (known as "Culichis") love to brag about how their own city is famous for beautiful women. That's one of the first things they'll brag about the city when they meet you. In other parts of Mexico, they'll point out that the local women are beautiful, but not because their own town is superior. There's a local joke that goes:
Mucha nalga poca chichi es culichi,
Mucha chichi poca nalga, es chilanga

(Big bottom, small chests = girl from Culiacán
small bottom, big chests = girl from Mexico City)
When I was in Mazatlán after haven spent 3 days in Culiacán, one guy told me that Culichis are way too full of themselves ("presumidos"), which is evident in the way they drive. I've noted myself that traffic is Culiacán can be extraordinarily aggressive, and it was surprising that the guy from Mazatlán had said the exact same thing.

As for upper-middle class "lighter skinned less indigenous Mexican girls," they are primarily in northern Mexico and Mexico City. Monterrey would be a good city (that's where fschmidt's wife is from). You should talk to AmericanInMexico if you'd like some advice, since he's a white American who's had lots of success dating white Mexican women in northern Mexico. On the other hand, I'm an Asian guy who has mostly dated very indigenous-looking girls in southern Mexico.
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

Are the women poor enough to value American providers? Are there few enough American tourists that an American will stand out as a status symbol?
These aren't even the right questions to ask.

(1) "Valuing American providers" should have nothing to do with poverty. Upper-middle class Mexican white women seem to like white American guys very much.
(2) You should not even consider using your nationality as a status symbol. Doing so will attract heartless gold-diggers.

Instead, try to Mexicanize yourself in a charming way, like these white folks dancing to Banda el Recodo and El Tigrillo Palma (both from Sinaloa). That will get you major points.

colibri
Freshman Poster

geee how to explain :P

Post by colibri »

Watching TVE documentals its always weird (beacause of the Spanish accent they ve ) i often watch the channel anyway .. , how do i explain this complex topic in words well just wanna tell that the fights and deaths related to drugs ve always existed the difrence now its that it has spread by all over the country ..sadly.. six years ago was weird to hear about such violence unless ofcourse if u were not living near the frontier were most of this happened.. anyway i hope to redact a decent post about my views and opinion of this .

Omyes i guess falcon is right northern states ve more lightskined girls , midlestates i would say is a mix :P ahah and the south of the country is more like coffe and milk tone skin :)

but it aint a rule just remember that :)

Did u tried to aproach to a group of ladies just asking ... im lost ? hehe it would work :D or just tell them u are a tourist and u where wondering if could ve some help to find a (museum,church,arqueologicalsite,disco etc )
If God is watching us, the least we can do is be entertaining.
colibri
Freshman Poster

Re: Good Cities In Mexico? Culiacan?

Post by colibri »

drealm wrote:I recently visited Tijuana, Tecate and Ensenada in Baja California Mexico. My goal was to find a Mexican girl friend to then make my wife. I ended with a few prospects, but no real results.

I learned a few things about myself while meeting and talking to many women. First, from a physical stand point I liked the women in Ensenada the best. These women seemed upper middle class, had lighter skin and were more European looking. I went into Mexico thinking everyone had a similar ethnic makeup. I now understand there's a wide range of looks. I seem to prefer the less indigenous look.

What would be the best Mexican city to find lighter skinned less indigenous Mexican girls? From my limited research Sinaloa seems to be the state where most beauty queens come from. It's also known for having lighter skinned Mexican women. The capital of Sinaloa is Culiacan.

Is Culiacan a good city to find women in? Are the women poor enough to value American providers? Are there few enough American tourists that an American will stand out as a status symbol?

I forgot :P they say Jalisco ( Los Altos de Jalisco ) is full with pretty girls at least full of the phenotype ure looking for :).
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

Thanks for your input Colibri! Wow, our avatars both birdies now. Somos ... el halconcito y la colibrita jejeje. :D Y también mi novia tiene una gaviota de peluche. :) Birds everywhere lol.
colibri
Freshman Poster

Post by colibri »

Falcon wrote:Thanks for your input Colibri! Wow, our avatars both birdies now. Somos ... el halconcito y la colibrita jejeje. :D Y también mi novia tiene una gaviota de peluche. :) Birds everywhere lol.
Yes ! the hummingbird rules ! hahhah the only pity i ve 4 for the europeans is that they cant enjoy such a beutiful bird like this:) i a m a fan of the colibri, did u knew that precolumbian societies used to reverence this lil bird as a talisman ,they also though its was a love messenger :P hah

well actually i delete my photo cause maybe it wasnt such a good idea showing it .. :P
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Good Cities In Mexico? Culiacan?

Post by Taco »

colibri wrote:
drealm wrote:I recently visited Tijuana, Tecate and Ensenada in Baja California Mexico. My goal was to find a Mexican girl friend to then make my wife. I ended with a few prospects, but no real results.

I forgot :P they say Jalisco ( Los Altos de Jalisco ) is full with pretty girls at least full of the phenotype ure looking for :).
What about Guadalajara? I've heard theres so many gay guys in that city the women can't find a boyfriend.
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

Oh yeah, here's the Guadalajara city guide, it got great review.

http://www.singledudetravel.com/2011/02 ... ra-mexico/
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

Colibri, I've updated my avatar to a much cuter-looking falcon. It pairs up well with your adorable hummingbird. I've gotten rid of the first one since it looked kind of mean. Now we are more compatible, hahaha. :D
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

Falcon
Experienced Poster

¡Arriba Culiacán!

Post by Falcon »

0:45 - Sinaloense accent typical of Culiacán; this is Jesus Gonzalez, one of the famous Culichis. I was lucky enough to have actually personally met him! :D

They have a very unique way of talking that is unmistakably Culichi. For example, at 0:34 - "Puuuro Sinaloaaa compa!" with that up-and-down slurred intonation.

The famous corrido (ballad) about Culiacan from Chalino Sanchez, who is Mexico's Tupac.

The wildly popular movimiento alterado hit by Calibre 50 called "Culiacan Vs. Mazatlan" - 2 million views! (The two are the largest cities in Sinaloa. Mazatlan is a favorite hangout for gringos, while Culiacan is for the hardcore Mexican nacos [hillbillys].)

A gruesome live corrido about a shootout on the malecon (riverside walk) of Culiacan. Just another day in Sinaloa. Lyrics: http://www.lyricsfreak.com/j/jorge+gamb ... 32478.html

El Tigrillo Palma scoring the mamasitas with a corrido about a Hummer taking "merchandise" out of Culiacan.

dsrtrick
Freshman Poster

Post by dsrtrick »

The hottest women are in the cities of Guadalajara, Monterrey, & for sheer numbers Mexico City. The states of Sinaloa, Nuevo Leon, & Jalisco are know for having beautiful women. However it could be dangerous in Mexico City, & Monterrey is getting a little dangerous also. I would probably avoid Culican because that is a dangerous place too, mabey stick to Los Mochis. Safest state is consistently Yucatan, which has the safest city in Mexico which is Merida. Other safe cities are Guanajato, Puebla, La Paz, Aguascalientes, & many others too. Vera Cruz has a large black population and many are mixed if that is what you like. I had been looking into going down there to meet women, I live in Phoenix so the border is just right there. But I would probably not drive. It just seems like too risky & too much of a hassle & the insurance for a week would cost a lot. I would take the bus, from Phoenix to Hermosillo would cost around fifty dollars. I am just using an example, in Sonora if driving from Cali, Arizona, Nevada etc. that is the state you would be traveling through to get to Cuilican, Mazatlan is the the best place in Sinaloa for foreingers. If you are driving I would if you are using this route just not drive in the night, period. You can be stopped by the feds or whoever & get robbed. If you are just trying to find a wife you will probably be best off traveling around the country & finding the climate & you will like. If you do go to Cuilican or coastal Sinaloa, make sure to go when the Sea of Cortez is warm & it isn't too hot cause that region gets very cold & very hot due to the desert climate & the sea. I have researched this so what I am telling you has been looked into. Good luck, be safe, & have a great time, oh in Sonora you will not need a passport but if you travel to Sinaloa you will.
dsrtrick
Freshman Poster

Post by dsrtrick »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1UZdERU ... detailpage

Check out Gloria at the begining from Los Mochis, Sinaloa, this woman is hot & I hear it is much safer in Los Mochis, than in Cuilican. This woman is probably above average out there but it isn't the US so you could probably have a chance with hot women if you were to stay long enough there. You will be competing with the local drug lords though. Money is flying around in that state so the women aren't going to be as impressed but who knows but please let me know where you go & how it went when you do.
dsrtrick
Freshman Poster

Post by dsrtrick »

I'm not sur if the link will work so if it doesn't go to youtube & enter.

MAVIRI 2011 LOS MOCHIS SINALOA