Gender Ratios in Mexican States

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to Latin America, Mexico, or Central America.
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Gender Ratios in Mexican States

Post by Falcon »

A few of my Mexican friends have told me that they have noticed a lot more women walking around the streets of Mexico than in the U.S. They said that in the U.S., the streets are "puro varón" (all male), while in Mexico the streets are full of good-looking women. So I decided to do some research for myself.

Here are gender ratios in 10 Mexican states. The ratios are nearly the same as those in many Eastern European countries, such as Poland, Hungary, Moldova, Bulgaria, and so on. (See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_co ... _sex_ratio )

No wonder I keep getting flirted with in places like Oaxaca, Guanajuato, and Michoacán. :P

http://geo-mexico.com/?p=3480

Rank State male-female ratio / female-male ratio
1= Federal District 91.8 108.9
1= Oaxaca 91.8 108.9
3 Puebla 92.1 108.6
4 Guanajuato 92.8 107.8
5 Hidalgo 93.2 107.3
6 Michoacán 93.4 107.1
7 Morelos 93.5 107.0
8= Tlaxcala 93.7 106.7
8= Veracruz 93.7 106.7
10 Querétaro 94.3 106.0

The reason that Mexico City has so many more women than men is because females tend to migrate domestically (within Mexico), while males tend to migrate internationally (to the U.S.).

My girlfriend is from Michoacán, which is the most southwest one that's highlighted in pink. Forum member Colibri is from Morelos, which is the small state just to the south of Mexico City.

Now for male-female ratios:

http://geo-mexico.com/?tag=population&paged=3

Rank State Male-Female ratio
1 Baja California Sur 104.5
2 Quintana Roo 103.3
3 Baja California 101.8
4 Sonora 101.3
5 Nayarit 99.5
6 Nuevo León 99.4
7 Sinaloa 98.9
8 Chihuahua 98.7
9 Coahuila 98.6
10 Colima 98.4

Most of these states actually have even gender ratios. Only 4 states in Mexico have more men than women, and even then, not by a lot. (Mexico has a total of 31 states, not including Mexico City. With Mexico City, the number would be 32.)

Here's a labeled map of all the Mexican states:

jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Thanks for the info on the gender ratios in Mexico. In countries where single women outunumber single men, the women are going to be more friendly and approachable because they have to be, if they want to increase their chances of meeting a man.

No wonder why in the US, where there are more single men then single women, the women are unfriendly and do not flirt with men, because they have a lot of guys hitting on them all the time.

America is for women, what the Philippines is for men!
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
provocateur
Freshman Poster

Post by provocateur »

It's good to look at some empirical data like this. Of course, one must consider the number of single women in each of these places, and then what they look like. If you look on wikipedia, you can see the sex ratios by country. It's something to consider, but by no means something to base your expat plans!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_co ... _sex_ratio
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

Its no wonder all the expats retire in Southern Mexico. However, its not just a sex ratio issue. Guadalahara reportedly has so many gay guys that women there can't find a boyfriend. Just don't go to the beach looking for a Mexican girlfriend. They caught this beast a few days ago.

Massive Great White Shark Reportedly Hooked Off Coast Of Mexico
Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/world/2012/04/18 ... z1ssCLL15O
Last edited by Taco on April 23rd, 2012, 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

Its no wonder all the expats retire in Southern Mexico. However, its not just sex ratio issue. Guadalahara reportedly has so many gay guys that women there can't find a boyfriend.
How are they with age differences? I have heard that many expats retire in Mexico but since they are at a retirement age, can they still date younger ladies? Because if they are 50 +, and Mexican women do not like older guys from what I have heard, do these guys get all these older women, as well?
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

In Mexico, many foreign guys who are 50+ would date women in their 30's - 50's. After marrying them, they would buy property in their wives' names, since Mexican laws make it difficult for foreigners to actually own property.

As for me, age difference questions would always mean me with older women. I've dated some older women, and by that I mean late 20's. :D In rural Mexico, people tend to get married early, and everyone seems to want to make sure that young single people like me will be able to find a date. With a lot of backup from the local Mexican men and even older women, trying to find a date will be far less intimidating.
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

ladislav wrote:
Its no wonder all the expats retire in Southern Mexico. However, its not just sex ratio issue. Guadalahara reportedly has so many gay guys that women there can't find a boyfriend.
How are they with age differences? I have heard that many expats retire in Mexico but since they are at a retirement age, can they still date younger ladies? Because if they are 50 +, and Mexican women do not like older guys from what I have heard, do these guys get all these older women, as well?
I've heard that they don't like a man to be more than 10 years older than they are but I can't confirm this.
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

If they are under ~35, then yes, they do not want an age gap over 10 years.

I've heard about American men in their 70's getting married to divorced/separated Mexican women in their 50's. That's a pretty good match in my opinion.

Anyhow, Mexican women in their late 20's would squeal in delight and say, "Aaayyy, tan chiquito!" (Oooh, so young!) when I tell them my age. :P
The_Hero_of_Men
Experienced Poster

Post by The_Hero_of_Men »

Falcon wrote:If they are under ~35, then yes, they do not want an age gap over 10 years.

I've heard about American men in their 70's getting married to divorced/separated Mexican women in their 50's. That's a pretty good match in my opinion.

Anyhow, Mexican women in their late 20's would squeal in delight and say, "Aaayyy, tan chiquito!" (Oooh, so young!) when I tell them my age. :P

Is it true that Mexican women don't like black guys? I do hear that a lot.
Wielding the blade of evil's bane, he sealed the dark one away and gave the land light. This man, who traveled through time to save the land, was known as the Hero of Men. The man's tale was passed down through generations until it became legend...
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

The_Hero_of_Men wrote:Is it true that Mexican women don't like black guys? I do hear that a lot.
Some will not like black guys, and some will. Similarly, some Mexican women will not like Asian or Caucasian guys, while others will. Walter Goodridge says that maybe about half of all Chinese women don't like him due to his race, but that it doesn't bother him at all. Why? Because he's having tons of fun with half of them, while the other half are just missing out - it's their loss!

What's far more important is how much of their culture you know. OTB has had great experiences with women in Guadalajara, Mexico because he speaks Spanish and knows their culture well. As a result, he says that many Mexicans actually think he's Latino (whether from Colombia, the Dominican Republic, etc.). A rude black guy with very American habits and mannerisms will not gain much respect, while a polite one who tries to learn the local culture will.

I have seen a Haitian guy with a Mexican girlfriend in Mexico City, and they were one of the happiest, smiliest, and most romantic couples I had ever seen. I think they were engaged, but I can't really remember. But the Haitian guy spoke really good Spanish. Both were very good-looking and were in their late 20's. The Haitian man had a great personality and smile, so that was what mattered.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Falcon wrote:In Mexico, many foreign guys who are 50+ would date women in their 30's - 50's.
So much for Mexico.. :cry:
Falcon wrote: ...everyone seems to want to make sure that young single people like me will be able to find a date. With a lot of backup from the local Mexican men and even older women, trying to find a date will be far less intimidating.
I've seen this here in Cali among fresh immigrants - a lady going frantic to introduce a cute (gorgeous) daughter of a friend from Mexico, to the son of an Armenian friend. A bunch of women at the party were excited about this. The girl was unflawed top-model beautiful.

(The friend's son wasn't interested because he could tell she was a good girl not DTF....) :roll: